• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 1,869 Views, 45 Comments

Taciturn Carrots - Aura Zero



IA story of how a guy with a special condition finds himself suddenly with a new life and all the craziness it ensues. Human turned pony.

  • ...
14
 45
 1,869

Inaudible Appearance

Hark was walking around the town with quite a bit of intrigue as he was shown the various locations and places that it consisted of. Every location that his 'tour guide' has shown him was also described in great detail.

"And this is the Golden Oaks Library-slash-Castle!" Pinkie said happily as they came across a large crystal with what seemed to be a house infused with it. Hark stared at the large structure in slight awe.

Wow, that's actually pretty cool. Never thought in my life would I see something like this... nor anything else I've seen today... Hark then returned his attention back to Pinkie whom was still rambling off.

"Also, my best friend, and newly crowned princess, Twilight lives here with her assistant Spike." Pinkie said in the midst of her explanation. Hark caught that and laid a hoof on her shoulder. She stopped talking and turned to him. "Yes?"

Hark tried to focus and use the telepathy again. "You have a princess?"

Pinkie merely giggled. "Well duh! Of course we do! Didn't you go to the ceremony in Canterlot? It was only the biggest party-slash-best-friend-becoming-an-alicorn gathering ever!"

Hark merely shook his head. Since he only got here, of course he had no idea what she would be referring to. The two mares on the other hand, were shocked.

"You didn't go? Why not? Were you busy?" Carrot Top asked.

"Lets just say I was somewhere else at the time." Hark said vaguely.

Hark decided it was best that he not reveal who, or what, he was at the moment. Honestly, if they are more like humans, they wouldn't believe what he said anyway. He was still however, figuring out what he could do until he heard what Pinkie just informed him of.

Maybe the princess here might be able to help. Since they have magic here, maybe they can teleport me back or something. Hark thought. It was the best idea he had at the time so he decided to go for it.

"Is she available right now?" Hark decided to ask.

"Who, Twilight? Nah, she went on some important princess business today. She won't be back for a week."

So much for that Idea... Hark sighed at that. Guess I'm here for at least a week. It might not be so bad...

All of a sudden there was a strong breeze that passed them and Hark felt a chill go down his spine. Because of that chill however, he remembered something.

"Hey girls?"

The two mares turned to him. "What’s up Pace?" Pinkie said with a smile.

"Do they possibly have a clothing store around?" Hark asked looking around. Ever since he came here he has been a bit subconscious about the fact that he had no clothing on. Even though he figured that ponies wouldn't wear clothes, he still hoped that they had that option.

"Oh that was our next stop! Welcome to Carousel Boutique!" Pinkie said as she waved at a building nearby. Hark didn't even notice it, but now that he has, he couldn't figure out why he didn't earlier; It stuck out just like the castle/library.

"Whenever you need a good outfit, with good material, and want it done quickly, you should always come to Rarity's Boutique.... except right now. She left with Twilight on that business trip."

Hark frowned at that. "Wait, so I can't get any?"

"Well you can by her new assistant. Her name is Coco Pommel. She very good at making dresses too!"

Hark sighed in relief. He proceeded to the door and opened it, a bell ringing as he did.

"Oh! Hello! Welcome to Carousel Boutique."

Hark turned and saw another pony mare walk out. She had an offset white coat with a two-toned blue mane and tail. He noticed a hat on her bottom, or flank for ponies which confused him. She also had a purple sailor collar on with a tie, but no shirt connected to it, confusing him even more.

They only wear half of the clothes? That's so pointless... Hark then noticed to the right a few full body outfits. Oh.... never mind then. Wait, why does she have a tattoo of a hat on her butt? Hark then turned back to the girls in time to see Pinkie trot up to the mare. He noticed now that Pinkie had a tattoo of balloons in the same place. Curiously, he turned and noticed that he had one too, however, his looked like more of a scar than a tattoo; It was merely three wavy lines.

"Hiya Coco!" Pinkie said happily as she greeted the mare.

"Oh, hello Pinkie. Hello Carrot Top." Coco said with a smile. Hark automatically could tell that she was a soft-spoken pony. It was confirmed once she noticed him. "W-who's your friend?"

Pinkie smiled before hopping in between Carrot Top and Hark, grabbing him. "This is Pace! He says everypony calls him Hark, but I call him Pace. He's new in Town!"

Hark stared at her. She just said everypony....

Coco smiled as she introduced herself. "Hello Hark, I'm Coco Pommel. It's nice to meet you."

Hark shook his head before turning to Coco. He merely smiled and nodded at her. Carrot Top realized that Pinkie didn't tell her about his condition and was about to, however she stopped when she felt a hoof on her shoulder. She turned to him and he shook his head.

"Don't worry I got it." Hark said to her. He then noticed she had a tattoo as well: a few carrots. He chuckled slightly at it, confusing Carrot Top before he turned to Coco. He could automatically tell he could be friends with this mare by the smile she wore. At least, for the short time he hopes to be here.

Hark's horn started to glow as he started to think. "Nice to meet you too."

Coco jumped once she heard a voice in her head. She started to look around for its source before it spoke again.

"It's me, Hark." After hearing that, she turned to him, seeing him nod at her. She then noticed his horn was glowing and smiled as well.

"Oh, that surprised me. I assume you are using telepathy? That's quite the difficult spell I've heard." Coco said.

Hark shrugged. "I guess. I'm still kinda new to it so I'm not all that great with it." Carrot Top looked at him confused after he finished.

"I see. So, is there anything I can do for you three?" Coco asked, deciding to get to the point.

Pinkie took this opportunity to jump in. "Pace wants to get some clothes! I'm sure Rarity's best assistant can help him with that can't she?"

Coco smiled and nodded. "Of course! Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?"

Hark merely shook his head and Coco nodded after he was done. "Okay. Well, we do have quite a few outfits to choose from if you want something simple." She turned and started to head towards another room. Hark took this cue to follow behind, looking at the outfits as he walked. They came across some simple outfits that looked very nicely made.

These ponies sure are talented too. These are actually nice looking. Hark thought as he skimmed the clothing. Coco was watching and noticed how interested he seemed in the clothing.

"Would you like to try any on?" Coco offered. Hark nodded to her, glad that they still have fitting rooms before he searched for a good outfit.

As he was looking, he noticed that they didn't have that many things for the lower half of males. Most were just tops and other accessories that go with one. He frowned, thinking he wouldn't be able to get a whole fit but then noticed a very nice looking shirt. It was cream colored like his mane. It also had a golden tie around the collar. He thought it looked rather nice and decided to try it on. He took it and proceeded towards the fitting rooms nearby.

As Hark went inside, Pinkie hopped right by the door and sat there, waiting for him. Carrot Top raised a brow at her actions but merely joined in and sat beside the giddy mare.

Hark noticed that there was a mirror in the dressing room. He was finally able to see what he fully looked like. He was a pony just like the others but thicker and more rigid, compared to the other two males he has seen. He also noticed two things about his pony body that stuck out. There was a small cut mark on his right cheek and a hole in both his ears. It proved that he wasn't just in a pony’s body, but instead turned into one.

I never noticed anyone else have holes in their ears. Guess this proves that this is me now. I just hope that I can change myself back somehow. I’m not into being a cartoon pony for the rest of my life. He looked at the outfit. Well, might as well try this on...as soon as I figure out how to use hooves...

They didn’t have to wait long before Hark walked out the dressing room with the outfit on. He was slightly surprised to see the two mares sitting right by the door.

So, how do I look?” Hark decided to ask.

The two mares smiled at him. “I like it. You look very nice.” Carrot Top commented.

Hark smiled at her before noticing Pinkie getting closer to him.

“Looking good there stud. Might have to fight to keep the mares off you.” She said as she came mighty close to him.

Hark felt his face heat up as she said that. “Uh, thanks Pinkie, I guess.

“No problemo Pace.” She said happily before she hopped over to Coco. “So how much he owes ya?”

Coco smiled. “Oh, no. This purchase is on the house. Its Rarity’s policy to all new customers to have their first outfit free.”

Hark looked at her in surprise; he was not expecting that. If he were to ask for his first purchase to be free back at home in any store, the store clerk would have probably laughed in his face. Wow, these ponies are much nicer than humans that’s for sure.

“Wow, Isn’t that great! You got a free outfit!” Pinkie said to Hark, snapping him from his thoughts. He merely nodded with a small smile.

Pinkie then turned back to Coco. “Well, we’re gonna head out now. We have a few more places to show him before Pinkie’s Tantalizing Tour is officially over.” Hark stared at her in confusion after she said that.

Coco nodded. “Of course. Well, It was nice meeting you Hark. I hope we may see each other again.”

Hark smiled as his horn glowed softly. “It was nice meeting you too Coco. I’ll make sure to come by again.

She merely smiled warmly at him, which kept him there for a moment. He couldn’t help but get stuck on her soft smile. He then realized he was staring. His face burned at the embarrassment before he turned and walked quickly towards the door.

Carrot Top looked at Pinkie confused, but Pinkie merely shrugged and hopped happily after him. Carrot Top sighed before saying farewell and following the two for the rest of the tour.