• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 1,165 Views, 14 Comments

Springtime; Ponyville. - the frank



In the early morning, ponys gets lost in their feelings and floats downstream.

  • ...
8
 14
 1,165

All along the watchtower

The details make all the difference, that's the simple truth. This morning could have been totally different. It was all because of Applejack that it was the way it was.

When Applejack left the farm for the train station that morning, she noticed a tennis ball laying on the ground outside the farmhouse. A tennis ball usually has no business on a farm, but Sweet Apple Acres do have a dog, and sometimes Rainbow Dash comes over for games. Therefore, the ball was no surprise to Applejack, and she paid no real attention to it. This is where those details come in. Applejack had a choice. She could put it away, she could kick it, or she could just not care. Applejack was tidy, though, and not about to just let it lay there. Usually she probably would have put it away, but this morning she had a lot of things on her mind. With her thoughts someplace else, she kicked the tennis ball across the yard. That was nothing special, until the ball rolled into the chicken coop. That caused some havoc among the hens, and one of them ran out of the coop and into the open. Unfortunately for her, a fox was lurking around, and although the area was protected by a fence, the fox still made a run at the hen. However, as was the usual on the farm because of situations just like this, Winona was loose and she in turn made a run for the fox. The fox was scared out of its skin when Winona came running round the corner. In fact, it panicked so badly that it accidentally ran into a drainpipe, which came loose with a small 'bang' and some screeching. That in turn made some mice that lived in the wall feel the need to flee for their lives, and they scrambled over the roof beams. On the beam was a coating of dust. The mice didn't stir up that much of a slipstream, but it was enough for the dust to fall down into the room below, and right into the nostrils of a yellow pegasus who was sleeping there. She sneezed in her sleep, and that, in turn, woke Big Macintosh. Instead of just going back to sleep, he sat up, and looked at the mare next to him. He started to think to himself.

Now the story begins for real.

...

She's beautiful when she's asleep. Sometimes I wake up at night and it's impossible to go back to sleep when all I want to do is watch her. I never told her I'm doin' this, though. I think she'd freak if she knew.

It's not that I'm watching over her or guarding her, I know that she doesn't need that. She can be tough when she has to be. She's only grown stronger over the years.

It's just that... She's just so darn beautiful when she's asleep. It's a sight I think I could watch forever. It's the most beautiful thing I've seen.

Not that it's bad when she's awake, either. She has this habit of stretching out when she's just barely awake. Like a cat... Yeah, just like a cat, making herself as long as possible. I can really see those long legs and that agile body. She stretches her wings too. Darn, the first few times we woke up together she almost poked out my eye. I only told her once, and the poor thing was embarrassed for a week. Heh, she ended up tying her wings down just to make sure...

I shoulda seen that one coming. It took me a month to convince her that it was okay and that I just needed to move away a bit in the morning... She's so kind and beautiful that it almost hurts sometimes.

Where was I... Oh, and then she curls herself up again, like a kitten, folding her wings around herself. If I'm there, she folds her wings around me, too, and gives me a kiss. And then she tells me what she's been dreaming.

... I try to be there when she wakes up most of the time, but it is the way it is. A farm doesn't take care of itself.

She's beautiful when she blushes, too. I never told her that, and I'm afraid she'd stop if I did. It's funny, really, we've been sharing a bed for years now. We've done... A lot of things in it. And still, her cheeks turn red so fast, and she lowers her head when she whispers "Big Mac... Do you want to... Eh... I would like to... Do... It... With you... If you're okay with it."

Those times, I know she has something special in mind.

No, I'm not gonna talk about what we do when we hit the hay. There are other places for that, not this. But dang, she can be quick. She gets eager and dominant, too, when she's confident with what she's about to do. That's also beautiful. Alright, it's mostly sexy, but... Ehrm.

Still, sometimes I just get these strange feelings. Like, 'this is almost too good. It'll never work. She'll leave. You'll end up alone, like you always do.'

Yeah, I know it's stupid to think so, but I've learned to never take things for granted. I guess this is just a side effect of that.

I remember when I met her the first time. Well, it really wasn't the first time I met her, but... It was the first time like... This. I was sitting at the bar, having some beers after a really tough week. I don't usually drink to relax, but once in a while... Well, anyway. I'd planned to have an evening of peace and quiet. Without asking, she just sat herself down at my table. It was surprising, because she wasn't like that normally. But she was a bit drunk, I guess. Well, I guess I thought I could spend some time with her, talking. Nothing was going to happen anyway. It never does, for me. Somehow, though, it seemed like I'd hardly even said 'hello' before she was walking there next to me, back to the farm, all the way to my room and my bed.

Well, the next morning I thought for almost two hours before she woke up, trying to find an explanation. I mean, just to make sure she didn't think I was... Taking advantage of her, or anything... I just... Wanted to... I guess. I still really haven't figured out why I did what I did... But I wanted us to stay friends and all that. And when she woke up, she blushed, as expected... But she stayed for breakfast and it seemed like before I even said hello... She asked me if she could move in with me.

That was no problem at all. We helped turn her old house into a permanent animal shelter, and she moved here. It was interesting to have another mare around the house. The whole Apple family gained five or six pounds on food we'd never even heard of.

And everypony just... Went with the flow, I guess. We shared a bed, we shared a farm (okay, we share the farm with AJ and Rares, and AB and Chip and little B, too, but that's nothing I really think about). After that darn Hearts and Hooves Day I'd promised myself to never get in any more trouble like that. And then, one day, before I even said hello, I said something much more important. I said, "Ah do."

...

Fluttershy moved in her sleep. She had a bit of a hard time, with a big belly in the way. Big Mac laid down next to her. After almost ten months, he knew when she needed support, and pretty soon, she was sound asleep again, with a happy smile on her face. Not long after that, so was Big Mac.

Author's Note:

You might wonder who Chip is... You find him here.. Its a good story.

Edited by the 15th of July by wdeleon