• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 4,320 Views, 185 Comments

Through the roof - The Psychopath



Mark Fénix finds himself in Canterlot castle after an illogical event. How will he return home?

  • ...
15
 185
 4,320

Immovable force

Mark was in a deep sleep. However, as the sun rose high in the sky, the time to start working had come. Yet, he hadn't woken up yet. As the spell on the door gradually disappeared, a small white mare with a fluffy green mare came inside the room to wake up "the beast". She nervously approached the bed of the giant with caution, certain that it's "sleeping" was just a plan to grab her and eat her.

As the servant approached the bed slowly, the two guards behind the door leaned over to get a better view-point of hte mare as she looked back at them, hoping that they would help her in case of a problem.

"Um...it's time to get up s-s-sir." she ducked, but opened her eyes as soon a she noticed that the beast did not wake up. "Wha-? Hey, HEY! GET UP! GET-AH!"

Mark had rolled over and grabbed the pony, only to hold her close to him like a teddy bear. It's a good thing he didn't have the reflex to chew on her. The poor mare ended up stuck between the massive arms of this creature and struggled to get out, but there was no point. He was surprisingly strong. The white mare tried to say something, but it was muffled by the blanket and the fact that Mark had blocked her mouth with his arm. The two guards slowly crept in, humor on their faces., as one of them whispered:

"Don't worry Peppermint, we'll get Luna. Perhaps she can wake him up. He does seem to only obey her."

With that, the two guards left, leaving poor Peppermint stuck within the clutches of this strange creature. It had only been a few minutes that the moon princess came in, slightly tired. Her drowziness showed exceptionally as she tried her best to stay awake. She had already stayed up a bit too late, and it was her turn to sleep while her sister took care of things. However, a more urgent matter arose that needed her attention, most notably, Mark Fénix and his sleeping needs. How long did his species need to sleep anyways? As the princess looked at Peppermint who was tired of being held within these arms.

"Do not worry, we will use the Royal Canterlot voice to awaken him. *ahem*MARK FENIX, IT IS TIME TO WAKE UP! YOU HAVE A JOB TO PERFORM AND WE WISH THAT YOU UPHOLD THIS PART OF THE DEAL!"

As Luna opened her eyes, and the other ponies nearby slowly took their hooves off their ears, everypony stared in disbelief and confusion as Mark was still asleep. He did do something that was quite amusing for some and annoying for one: he let go of Peppermint who immediately jumped off the bed and grabbed Luna's head and hugged it. The guards couldn't help but let out a "Pffpth" as Luna's head stay stuck in an awkward position. She tried tugging, but it was no use. If he really held this sort of strength, then the same problem would arise with her magic not being able to let him go. Instead, she whistled. Why? So that Philomena would fly in and peck Mark on the nose. The human immediately woke up in pain as he picked up one of his pillows and threw it at the bird in anger.


Man, that was painful. Why would she peck my nose? Damn bird. Hm?

The first thing I notice was my hand on Luna's nose. My brain was still booting up, so it took me awhile to actually realize what I was doing. When I did, I threw my hand back in shock.

"I'm going to assume that I was being grabby again while I was sleeping."

"Yes you were." said the princess.

"Hmmm...so what am I going to do today?"

"*yawn*"

"That was very unlady-like."

"Our apologies. We haven't slept yet."

"Then it would be best if you did. What would I be able to admire if there is nothing beautiful left in this castle?" I said with crossed arms.

She seemed to blush at this "compliment". Perhaps I could use this to my advantage to annoy Celestia a bit more...nah. I'll do something else less...Manipulative.

"Fine. We will retreate to our room for the day. Peppermint."

"Y-y-yes, your highness?" said the mare hiding behind the two guards.

"I trust you know what Mark must do for today?"

"O-o-of course. I-I did as you told m-me and studied everything on th-th-the parchment."

"Then help him get to work."

"Yes,your highness."

"Oh wait!" I yelled. "What was with those guards yesterday? They seemed too weak to be ROYAL guards."

"Yes. About that. You seem to have taught them a lesson in humility and of the possibilities of something being too strong to be attacked directly."

"Rookies?"

"Yes. All but one of them were. There was one who was their captain..." Luna looked ashamed when she said this.

"Which one?"

"The you were holding by the hind-legs and using as a mace." Exhaled the princess while she face-hoofed.

"Ha!"

The two guards stood back in shock while the white pony's fur and mane started to rise as if affected by static electricity.

"But what about my new clothes?"

"The clothes designer will be here at noon. I suppose you require food?"

"..."

"We will take that for a yes. What does your species eat?"

"Uhhhh...I'm not sure if you'll like what I'm about to say."

"I'm sure it won't be that much of a surprise to us."

"I'm an omnivore. You know, eats meat and plants?"

The ponies near the door backed up even more while Luna raised a tired eyebrow.

"Do you-"

"No. I don't eat equidae. In fact, find me a suitable replacement for my protein needs, and I won't need to eat meat."

"That is good to know. However, while it isn't exactly the best of things to ask, what would you like to eat for this morning?"

"Hmm...I usually don't eat in the morning on the account of my becoming sick when I work after eating. But a simple apple salad would do nicely."

"Oh. But we are out of apples. However, we did order some more from the apple orchard in Ponyville. It should arrive within the next two hours."

"Ponyville?" Who calls a location "Ponyville"? Granted, there are some stupid names for towns and cities on Earth , namely one called "Lizard Lick", but who calls a city "Ponyville"?

"We will return to our chambers, unless you want to give us a hug again?"

"I can't refuse a hug."

She stared at me blankly. I pouted.

"Fine. No hugs then." I mumbled.

As she walked out of the room, the two guards pushed the little white mare inside. She was adorable! She had a nice mane and tail that were well kept, but still managed to look like little fluffy green clouds. Her coat, although not too impressive, was still of a nice pristine white-vanilla. And on this coat were two marks on her flank. They looked like peppermint candy. Those wierd swirly red and white circles that burn off your tongue when you eat them. Her eyes matched her mane in the olive green color, and they were looking at me like giant saucers. HNNNNGH! My manliness is crumbling!

I must. Resist. The cute! I must. Walk. Away. I must. Stop. Thinking like. William Shatner.

I had to break the concentration on those adorable eyes.

"Okay then. So...where's my first assignment?"

"It's wh-where you beat up the guards."

"...Fair enough. All the materials I need are already there?"

"Y-y-yes."

"Then I shall be off. I know the way." I had just taken two steps that I realized I forgot something." Wait a minute...*schlink*THERE WE GO. NOW YOU'RE HERE." I said with clenched teeth.

A bit of readjustment to the ever seeping claws, and I was off to the wall I had destroyed. It didn't take long to find it. I had apparently just carved off some thin pieces of rock due to the armors of those "rookies". Everything was here, so I got what looked like cement, which, strangely, hadn't solidified yet, despite the time it seemed to have spent outside, and I used the brik-laying trowel to spread the cement on the wall. Unfortuntely, some pieces were too damaged to be simply covered, so chipping off the damaged pieces and replacing cement was necessary.

I had to work on yet another wall near the exit after I was done with the damages I did. I'm sure that they were testing me by making me work near the exit. However, if I judged properly by the sun, it had already been two hours past, yet I didn't see the doors opening up to bring in whatever amount of apples were needed.

It had only been a few minutes after my previous thoughts that a small portion of the door by, what I could assume was, magic, opened up. I paid no real attention and continued to work on this wall.

"Stupid bricks. They're old as fuck and they can't even stay solid for more then a few sseconds." I muttered to myself as I gently took out another brick and replaced it.

"..."

"Hmm?"

"Hey Applejack, what's that thing?"

"Ah don't know, but it looks like it's destroying the walls."

"Let's get it!"

Ah, crap.