• Published 3rd Jun 2014
  • 1,191 Views, 85 Comments

No sounds in space - The Psychopath



The Obion Three end up in Equestria with Captain Vor and the Grineer

  • ...
3
 85
 1,191

War or Civil War

Author's Note:

If you're reading this chapter first, don't forget to read the actual first chapter.

"Okay, Twilight. You and the other elements remember what you must do?" Celestia asked.

"Yes, princess. We must be as formal as possible and try not to say anything that would disturb them." Twilight answered.

"And?"

"Ooo! I shouldn't throw a welcome party!" Pinkie Pie replied with a bounce.

Celestia had called upon Twilight and her friends quite a few days after the new crystal castle was created in Ponyville. There had been an uproar in nearby countries and provinces about a newly created alicorn kingdom, and the griffins were the first to react. For some reason, they were very edgy about the whole situation. The same had happened with the Crystal Kingdom after it was "reconquered" by Cadence and Shining Armor, but that was a different story. They had all been placed into a dressing room with a wide window behind them all covered by a thick white cloth. Closets and clothes hangers were all around the beige colored room as were vanity mirrors.

"So, do you think Princess Luna is doing well with the guests?" rarity asked aloud.

"My sister has a rather...similar mindset to the Griffon Empire, as both are used to executing rather violent laws and tasks in the judicial system. Luna has yet to fully accept the new laws and how they work." Celestia spoke with frustration and regret. "I must especially express my need for you two to remain quiet." Celestia pointed at Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

"What? Why?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah. I don't understand why you would say that to us, um, your highness." Rainbow was appalled.

Celestia rolled her eyes. She had understood quite a lot about them in Twilight's old messages sent to her in the past.

"Come. The griffins await us in the Council Chambers." Celestia spoke.

"Th-The Council Chambers?!" Twilight half squeaked."But that's where the most prestigious and knowledgeable of ponies are. They help you work on matters concerning Equestria. Why would you need to discuss matters there?"

"Because, as you put it, they help run ALL problems in Equestria, not just the economical and diplomatic ones--"

"But militaristic ones as well." Rarity added.

"Yes. That is correct. This means that the Supreme Commander of all Equestria's military resides in that chamber right now."

"The Supreme Commander?!" Rainbow's eyes glittered."I heard he singlehoofedly took down an entire fight between ten ejge and dragons."

"Some stories might prove themselves to be an exaggeration, but this one was...modified a bit." Celestia rubbed the back of her head in shame.

"Why? What is the real story? Please! You gotta tell me, princess!"

"He took out twenty of each, He isn't what he seems, so be cautious. He is extremely calm, but I think he is emotionless. He might be a--"

"Princess! They are growing impatient!" a guard shouted after barging into the room.

"Oh! That's right! Come! Come! We mustn't stagger here any longer."

The group rushed out of the dressing room and into the large hallways of Canterlot castle. Galloping on the red carpets strewn upon the floor, the many paintings of portraits and locals on the walls flying by too quickly to make out their details. Twilight did notice, though, that many guards were moving about just as much as they were. This was clearly more serious than initially though. Finally, they arrived in front of the entrance to the Council Chambers, only to be greeted by a waiting griffin. This griffin's posture showed it to be of the proud and noble type. His head feathers were black, with white ones surrounding his black eyes. As for his body, it had a rather cyan color to it with lines of yellow painted on there as well. He was waiting in front of the immense oak doors, and he wasn't pleased.

"Princess Celestia and Princess Twilight Sparkle. It is quite the...displeasure to meet you two in person." he said with a bow and monotone voice.

"What? Ya can't talk ta our friend like that!"

"Applejack. Please." Celestia begged."And why do you wait for us in front of these doors, Gaddaveer of the Ranchor House?"

"Impatience and annoyance. They all squawk like newborn chicks within the chambers, and your Supreme Commander has not uttered a single word. He simply sits in his chair, staring into the void. He adds nothing to this dispute and, rather, is more of a visual annoyance."

"Then do not block us any longer. Like us join my sister and the others." Celestia answered.

The griffin, despite his pride, opened the door for the princesses to pass through, but the second they did, he let go and flew in, letting the door nearly smash into the other five ponies if Rarity and Ranbow Dash didn't block it. Rarity huffed in frustration.

"He's not very nice." Fluttershy noted.

"I suppose not all griffins are like the chef from the dessert competition, and more like Gilda." Rarity said.

The chambers were actually enormous. A single, enormous rectangular table sat in the middle of the room. Griffins were on one side while the ponies were on another. While the room was made for a circular table, the griffins demanded to be separated from the ponies, so this inconvenient method was chosen. Three wooden benches, similar to those used by judges, towered over the tables, with the tallest, in the middle, made for Celestia.

"Ah! There you are!" yelled one of the council members.

"Take your seats, please." Luna asked.

There was a loud brouhaha coming from the griffons on their anger at the ponies, their tardiness, and anger at Gaddaveer, countered by the yelling of the ponies and their justifications. Twilight took her spot on the bench to Celestia's right, while Luna flanked said white alicorn's left. While Twilight did so, though, she caught glimpse of the Supreme Commander. He was on the opposite of the table, but he was quite frightening. Judging by his hooves, his legs were yellow before slowly becoming blue as they progressed towards the main body. The conversion was met with a natural appearance of lightning shapes on the fur. Unlike other generals, captains, and guards, his armor was green and emblazoned with topaz gems, and his helmet spiraled onto his horn. His eyes were yellow and lifeless while his mane was blue with jagged yellow streaks flowing across them. His tail was the exact opposite of his mane, bizarrely. He literally did not react to anything around him.

"I apologize for our tardiness." Celestia roared above the noise."I was informing the princess and the elements about the situation. I had them summoned in an untimely matter as, you all must know, the griffons gave us no time to prepare."

"Yes. I am pleased to meet such esteemed members of the Griffon Empire." Twilight nervously spoke.

"Hmph. This is the new princess?" a griffon mocked."I doubt she is a threat to anything!"

"How DARE you insult one of the six original elements! Without her and the other five, you would be at the mercy of Discord!" a council pony shouted.

"Oh, please. You think that he is the ONLY being of chaos? We have our own" another griffon interjected.

"Who was defeated with the help of ponies!" a council member countered.

"ENOUGH!" Luna spoke with the royal canterlot voice."Why have you called to this supposed 'important' meeting? If you are simply here to butt egos, I suggest you take your soldiers to a tavern and fight together."

"How dare--"

"Be silent, fool. Gaddaveer ordered."

"But--"

"I told to be silent."

"Princess, why is he so close to us?" Twilight whispered in Celestia's ear.

"Because he is the princes of the Griffin King."

"Wh--"

"Shh!"

"Yes. We are here because we have complaints about your trading and the appearance of a new weapon in your arsenal." Gaddaveer said.

"Weapon?" Pinkie Pie wondered aloud.

"Pinkie Pie..." Rainbow rubbed her face in annoyance.

"Yes. A weapon. Your 'Rainbow Powers', as we have been told. The elements were known to only affect true threats, but what is this new power you possess? It clearly doesn't have any guardian value as before. You also haven't told us about the new army this 'Twilight Sparkle' will create for her new kingdom and its expansion."

"What?! I would NEVER create something like that! They are simply guards being trained to house my new home and protect Ponyville." Twilight yelled as she stomped on her bench.

"Tsktsk. Because of your little war endeavors, we have been receiving less material in our trades across the mountains. Your troops also threaten our militaristic capabilities, as the Crystal Kingdom has already demonstrated with its immense amount of aerial and terrestrial guards."

"Nonsense! Twilight Sparkle only gets guards based on OUR selections and that of the generals. She does not need an army." Luna said.

"Yes, but in the mean time, we are running short on foodstuffs and building materials because of your growing armies." a griffon spoke.

"We already told you that that is because of the ravages Tirek caused to our lands. We have need of the materials for the refugees and to rebuild homes."

"That is not our problem. It violates our trade agreements and--"

"You are but a mildly irritating insect in this room." spoke a very frightening monotone voice.

"Wh--"

"I have not authorized any such creations for the new princess. Her guards shall total twenty-five, with three captains to supervise training and distribution and one general to send me reports. They have no need for more than the basics in supplies, and the recent incidents provide enough incentive to belief the reports we had given to you. If you will excuse me, I have reports to review."

With that, the Supreme Commander bowed, backed away from the table, and left, much to the baffling of the remainders. The pony guards seemed to become less tense after he left. They were frightened to death.

"This is unacceptable! We have no reason to trust the words of a silent puppet!" a griffon said."Equestria has been threatening our borders for far too long! You even create new magical weapons regularly that you test in the mountains near our borders!"

"THIS COUNCIL IS ADJOURNED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE! Your incessant paranoia tires us. We shall return when you have sorted out your imagination from the actual repercussions you so fear."

Luna stormed out of the room with the other ponies, leaving the griffons in utter shock and silence. Celestia and the six followed, leaving the whole group in the corridor.

"Ah felt like ah was just there fer decoration." Applejack moaned.

"I really don't see why you brought us here, princess. We didn't do anything." Rainbow Dash complained.

"I do admit that it seemed rather pointless to bring us along. I don't like to be gawked at by others." Rarity fluffed her mane.

"I think I should throw a cheering up party for that creepy stallion guy. He seems very depressed." Pinkie thought out loud.

"I don't think that would be a good idea. He didn't seem very normal." Rarity warned.

"Fluttershy, could you take care of Philomena for me? She is going through another rebirth, and I would need your help in taking care of her." Celestia suddenly asked.

"Of course, princess. Where is she?"

"She is in the garden. You will spot her right away."

"Thank you."

While Fluttershy scampered away, Twilight said:

"The Princess summoned us because you still represent the elements, albeit the new ones."

"Indeed. Without you, we would be negotiating in a position of weakness."

"How come?" Pinkie asked.

"Because griffons see everything in power. The griffons you saw here all have a very important position in the Griffon Kingdom. Now, I will let Twilight take you to your waiting chambers whilst Luna and I begin to talk and tend to the few civilians that can pass through here."

Twilight nodded and the situation became rather calm. There was a short discussion with Luna and the tact she need to perform when confronting the griffons, but it went without much incident. Some civilians came by, but the third one was interrupted by the griffin group smashing into the throne room with weapons at claw their guards around.

"We have come to a conclusion, that Equestria has indeed been developing an army to take over the Griffon Empire. Your secrecy and refusal to tell us important things regarding your militaristic budget and overproduction of materials and resources proves this point further. We know of the magical weapons you have been developing, as well as your treaties with the minotaur tribes."

"What?!" Celestia stuttered.

"We refuse to have the ponies try and harm our beautiful country and will stop your militaristic expansion now!"

The Royal Guards surrounding the thrones in a circle of pikes, but the griffins kept trying to get through the blockade by trying to wedge through the spaces between the spears and striking at the guards with their own weapons and claws. Twilight was the first to come crashing through the doors, with two griffon guards being tossed right through the wood. The would-be restrainers were taken good care of.

"What's going on here? Leave the princesses alone!"

"Twilight! Leave this place at once! They'll try and kill you too!"Luna shouted

"I will not leave you! I'll get these crazed lunatics out of here! They haven't even made sense since they came to the castle!"

"I told you to--"

The whole room became silent as an enormous gust of wind tore through the area, with a blinding light illuminating the whole area. The winds were powerful, but not enough to toss anyone but a foal around. When it was finally over, the ponies stared at three humanoid creatures standing over a transparent capsule of sorts. They seemed dazed and had trouble standing. These creatures were frightening, but no one knew what was going on, and simply stared at them. One of these bipeds started to push something on the large capsule, causing it to open and expel what looked like mist. After a minute, the bipeds fixed their gaze onto their surroundings and suddenly noticed the commotion going on. What were they and how did they get there?