• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 6,901 Views, 188 Comments

Techno-Babble in Equestria - LucidTech



Inventor escapes post apocalyptic earth and arrives in Equestria.

  • ...
24
 188
 6,901

Chapter Eleven

(Sorry about the wait but, well you see, I'm very bad at this, lame excuses for why Inventor doesn't seem to have any character development await the reader. I think I'll just toss this entire story away, these past two chapter are horrid and I feel like I just need to burn the farm to fertilize the soil. I unno give me your suggestions on it I guess, maybe I could try my hand at a fallout equestria fic. - N64Fan)

At around lunchtime the following day Inventor went over to the fashionista’s house/shop. Upon entering the ringing of a bell divulged the whereabouts of the bearer of the torn suit. Flinching slightly at the noise of betrayal Inventor entered fully into the shop. The madman wasted no time once in the place of business, with deft reflexes he dropped the damaged suit onto a work table before backing away towards the door.

Inventor quickly flung the door open and was beginning to start his run for escape when a white unicorn with a perfectly styled purple mane blocked his path, “Oh sorry Rarity, just umm, dropping stuff off, ya know. Stuff...” the madman tried desperately grasping for anything that might delay the unicorn to entering the store, all he got in turn was a raised eyebrow.

An awkward silence filled the air while both of the two looked at each other, the silence would have continued had Twilight not run up to Inventor right then, “Trixie woke up!” She cried excitedly as she came within voice range, “She says that she has important information to tell you! Life and death importance she says!” The lavender unicorn was shouting this at a distance after having teleported away and back towards the library.

Without a word Inventor began running away from the boutique and towards the library, an anguished cry from Rarity filled the air only a few moments later as the human and the librarian ran towards the library, Twilight raised an eyebrow and looked at the madman, “Not the time Twilight.” Inventor said quickly with a frown glued to his face as he began to stride faster than before.

The human burst through the door to the library a few moments later as Twilight teleported inside, “Upstairs,” she said as the madman tore through the room and up the stairs, when he arrived at the room Trixie was sitting upright in bed in the guest room staring at her hooves. She glanced up as he ran into the room and her eyes began to tear up.

“I’m so sorry,” she cried as the tears began to streak down her face, “I was hired to kidnap your daughter, I told him that I didn’t have magic strong enough to do what he was asking so he cast a spell, it amplified my magic, but the spell went wrong somewhere. I lost control. I just, I don’t know, I need something that I can’t find.”

Inventor was caught off guard by the confession and by the subsequent self-pity but decide that there was more important things that he should be doing but first he needed to find out who had started the ridiculous kidnapping, “Who? Who hired you?” He said nervously though he suspected the answer already.

“Blueblood,” came the hesitant reply as Trixie struggled with her own emotions, the man began to fume as the news hit him but his angry was abruptly redirected to another emotion as the azure magician continued “He said he would send someone today to kidnap her if I failed.” Shock shot through the madman’s mind as his eyes widened.

Without a word to anyone and barely a moment to breathe he ran out of the room, back down the stairs, and out the door. This sudden act left a confused Twilight standing at the door to the library. With rage and worry pumping through his veins the man was running as fast as his feet could manage, his arms swinging rhythmically at his sides as he approached the school.

On his approach he drew several pony’s attention but they turned away when they realized who it was. The human ran into the building to see Cherilee sitting idly at her desk while the students were at lunch, gasping for breath Inventor was about to ask the wide-eyed teacher about Scootaloo when a piercing scream echoed from the school yard. With another brief glance to the teacher he took off once more with barely any breath in his lungs.

With a slamming noise Inventor arrived at the playground in time to see a group of diamond dogs dragging a yelling Scootaloo away as Sweetie Belle and Applebloom did all they could to save their friend, after the dogs managed to dislodge the two fillies a white glow began to form around them, Inventor put all his effort into a running jump aiming for the three dogs. As he flew through the air the glow thickened before they all winked out of eyesight.

Inventor skid across the ground as he flew through the now empty air, for a minute the human only laid there in the near silence as his mechanical arm ticked away like a second heart. For a moment to move was to push the world, slowly the man stood from the ground and walked away over the fence of the playground.

On his way to exit the grounds Sweetie Belle managed to get a glimpse of the man’s face, what she saw shocked her. It wasn’t the joyful Inventor that she had come to know, it didn’t even look like the same man, the look on his face made the white foal wonder if she had ever seen him actually smile at all.

The man made his way to his house, with a loud crack the door was shut with such force that it seemed to be taunting the world to try and come in. A crowd slowly began to gather around the house as the sun began to set after hearing the rumor spread around town.

The first to arrive outside the door was Twilight who was worried for the health of the man inside, Trixie arrived a few minutes later with a limp, accompanying her was Spike. Following that the rest of the elements arrived, a little idle chatter filled the time as they looked toward the door patiently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scootaloo slowly stirred as she came to in an odd stone room, clutching her head in her hooves as a headache pounded against her skull the filly looked around the room, the first thing she noticed was that the room was completely white, the second thing she noticed was that Crimson Turn was in the room and looking at the filly.
Scootaloo gasped and ran over to the red pegasus, and laid down next to her. Crimson shared a glance at each other with Scootaloo before the orange filly began to look around the room again.

Scootaloo was already bored of the mundane white room, “So,” Scootaloo said in an attempt to pass the time, “How long do you think it is before Inventor saves us?”

Crimson smiled, “Oh I think he’ll be here before dawn.” Scootaloo nodded in agreement before she laid her head on her hooves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the sun had touched the horizon Inventor emerged from the house, he looked at the elements and then began to walk towards Canterlot without a word. The group shared a glance before they ran after him.

Upon arrival Twilight was the first to speak, “Inventor, what are you -”

“Shut up Twilight,” Came the cold reply.

After she overcame her shock she tried again “W-why are you -?”

“Because I don’t like this world anymore Twilight,”

“Why? What’s changed? I mean we can always rescue Scootaloo so what could possible be so horrid that it took away the joy you used to have?” The librarian managed as she grasped at straws.

“Nothing, just me. Synonyms really, now go home and leave me to do what I’m going to do.”

“No.” The lavender mare said with a stop of her hooves, “We’re friends remember? We are going to do this together.” The other elements looked at each other before they each nodded or said something in agreement to the statement individually.

Inventor spun on his heel to face the group, “IF YOU STAY WITH ME I SWEAR ON HELL AND HIGHWATER THAT YOU WILL DIE, SPARKLE. NOW GET AWAY FROM ME!” He shouted at the purple mare. The shock ran through the entire group as they stood there not believing what they had just heard. Taking advantage of the situation Inventor set off again, this time without anypony following him.

The trek to Canterlot was quiet as the human followed the train tracks up the steep slope alone, his tracker had said that the orange pegasus filly was somewhere in the capital city and Inventor intended to find her. Whatever the cost, and when he found her, he would have to break his own heart and hers in order to save her.

As he was walking he heard a train begin approaching from uphill, Inventor froze as he stared ahead at the track which was rumbling, the man merely stood there as the train approached, a sharp whistle pierced the air and at the last possible second the man jumped to the side, for a moment the Inventor merely sat on his heels as he looked blankly ahead, “Suicide won’t solve anything.” he muttered to himself. Taking a few seconds to stand and brush off his clothes the insane homosapien continued on his way.

Upon reaching the capital city without incident Inventor once more took out his tracker and tapped the glass before he once again set out following the arrow. As he trekked through the town in the direction of his daughter several ponies who recognized him would call out to him, he answered none of the shouts as his eyes were set grimly ahead upon his goal.

He picked his way through the streets as the sun set behind the horizon and the moon rose into the sky, in the distance Inventor made out a rugged building with lights blazing out the windows. Inventor paused once more to check his tracker before he began to walk toward the building, as he approached a few diamond dogs formed a group in front of him.

“Move aside,” Inventor said as he stopped in front of the hostile group, the merely snickered in response and began to close in around the human, “I don’t have time for this you mangy mutts.” the man said as he pulled a small cube out of his worn-out coat.

With a flick of his wrist Inventor tossed the cube at the nearest Diamond Dog, the cube sent out a large static discharge that jumped from one furred attacker to the other knocking them all flat to the ground. The electricity danced across their fur as Inventor picked up the cube once more and pocketed the device. “Electric pulse that utilizes any built up static on its target for more power, good thing these mutts have a lot of fur.”

With a sigh the man continued on the path he had been walking earlier as he approached the door to the house, with a light knock followed by an explosion Inventor walked into the house. Seated in a red chair at the other end of the main floor was Blueblood whose eyes went wide as he saw the man enter.

Blueblood quickly replaced his look of surprise with an uneasy mask of superiority. “I see that those Diamond Dogs are just as horrible at fighting as I suspected them to -” the white stallion didn’t have time as Inventor dashed the short distance with amazing speed. Grabbing the prince by the throat Inventor lifted him off the ground and stared deeply into his eyes.

“Where. Is. Scootaloo.” Inventor said slowly emphasizing all his actions with a squeeze to the obnoxious prince’s throat. Blueblood was struggling for air but managed to gather enough magic in his horn to teleport the orange filly and the red mare into the room. Both seemed disoriented by the sudden change in scenery and Inventor hurled the white unicorn to the ground with a sharp crack.

Blueblood gasped as pain flooded through his bones, Inventor wasn’t quite done yet though as he pulled a device out of his cloak that the unicorn had not seen before. “W-what’s that?” the prince managed.

Inventor lowered the end of the device at Blueblood’s head, “Its a gun,” Inventor said nonchalantly as he clicked back the hammer of the device, “And it kills people.”

The man slowly began to pull the trigger as he willed his body into the act, just as he was about to pull the trigger Inventor glanced out of the corner of his eye, Scootaloo sat with wide-eyes. “Dad?” She asked curiously as she rose from her seated position. “What are you doing?”

Inventor flashed back into the deepest memories of his mind, a small child was looking up toward him with those same eyes, curious and scared. Inventor's hand began to twitch and he tossed the gun to the ground with a shout and it shattered on the pristine linoleum floor, “Stupid me, of course I can’t kill someone now.” he said to himself as he looked at his mechanical hand that was concealed with a glove. The idiotic unicorn that still lay helpless on the floor took the opportunity to teleport away from the house and the madman.

Scootaloo slowly approached her dad before he held out his hand to stop her, “Crimson,” the pegasus nodded in response. “I need you to take care of Scootaloo for me.” She seemed slightly taken aback but nodded her head all the same. “There’s a vault in my house behind the work table, the password is the date on the adoption certificate.”

Slowly Inventor looked once more to look at Scootaloo, “I need you to be strong for me Scoots, I thought I had my emotions under control, this is by far enough to prove me wrong. When the princesses show up in a few minutes I want you to tell them that I have banished myself to the Everfree Forest for some self-reflection, I am doing this for you Scoots I really don’t want to hurt you like I just did to Blueblood.”

Inventor pulled out a small device from a separate pocket of his coat and held it out in front of him, a small glowing blue crystal sat in the middle of a circle of copper, “Short range teleport, should get me to the edge of the Everfree, goodbye and remember Scoots, I love you.” With a flick of his wrist the air collapsed around the human and a gust stirred through the air.

Scootaloo immediately began to cry.

When the princesses arrived a little bit later at the behest of a very distraught Blueblood, they were greeted by Crimson and a still-sobbing Scootaloo. The inventor pegasus explained the issued to the two royal figures and they both stood somewhat dumbfounded. Celestia was the first to recover as she spoke softly to herself but loud enough for the others to hear. “Moodswings, Inventor has been affected by such trauma from his past that his emotions are unstable. He thinks he can handle it by himself but he can’t. I don't entirely trust him, but he's brought more joy to Equestria then pain I suspect.”

The white alicorn raised her head as she looked at the red pegasus mare, “I need you to deliver a message to the Elements of harmony,” Crimson nodded once and looked again at Celestia, what she said next caused the orange filly to stop crying and made her smile sadly instead. “I need you to tell them that we are heading into the everfree as soon as they are ready on a rescue mission, we are going to safe Inventor from himself.”