• Published 29th May 2014
  • 856 Views, 33 Comments

Limitless Skies - Priceless911



An earth pony sets his sights on achieving the impossible feat of Flight. But when he crosses paths with a perminatloy grounded Bat Pony his peacful life of try and fail turnes into an unbeleavable journy filled with danger, secrecy and discovery.

  • ...
2
 33
 856

Ch10 Derpy's Tears

Losing balance as she turned the corner of a narrow street, Derpy started veering slightly to the side until a hanging shop sign clipped the edge of her wing causing her to spin out of control before hitting the ground and rolling a few feet. As the clumsy Pegasus picked herself up from the ground a unicorn approached her and spoke, “Good morning Derpy… um… you ok?”
Derpy rubbed her head as she replied, “I’m fine Mr. Timber. I have a delivery for you from Mr. Drib. I think it was those door handles you were waiting on.”
The carpenter took the box that Derpy had in her bag as he smiled, “early as usual, although it would probably less of a hustle is you slowed down a bit… not to mention safe.”

Derpy smiled, as she replied, “No hustle at all. I’m used to small drops like that, that’s why the package isn’t damaged. And I owe it all to a good friend that helped me to learn to catch him.”
Mr. Timber smiled, “You mean Allen Key don’t you? How is he by the way? I haven’t seen him in a while.”
Derpy lowered her head as she replied, “Well… he is fine… I guess.”
The carpenter tilted his head slightly, “you guess? You mean you don’t know? Last time I saw him you two seemed inseparable… did something happen?”

Derpy sighed as she replied, “well… since he was going to the castle every day, Twilight offered him a room for him to stay in… but… when I asked for one too, she said that it would be easier for me to stay where I’m at since I still work for Mr. Drib. And… since I don’t know much about what they are doing.”
Mr. Timber felt confused, “don’t know what they are doing? Aren’t they trying to learn to fly? And who better to help then a pegasus?”
Derpy continued, “Well… I tried to understand when Allen explained what they are studying… but… I really didn’t understand any of what they are doing…”

Seeing the distress in her face, Mr. Timber asked, “Well… did you ask Allen about the room thing? Or even mention what Twilight said about it? He seems like a reasonable stallion, maybe there was a misunderstanding.”
Derpy tried to hide her distress behind a fake smile as she replied, “oh no… it’s fine… I know that he is getting closer to what he truly wants so it’s fine. I just like to see him happy.”
Mr. Timber asked, “But… what’s the point seeing him happy… when you’re miserable?”
Not realizing the clarity of the concept Derpy gave the carpenter a concerned look as she replied, “what?...”

Mr. Timber shook his head as he replied, “sorry… I know it’s not my place… but talk to him if you can. You two seem like a perfect match, so I wouldn’t want anything to ruin it for you. Well, I gotta get back to work, I have a big order to fill. You take it easy Derpy.”
Derpy could only watch in confusion as Mr. Timber went back into his shop as she though about what he said about both their happiness. It wasn’t long after that she nodded her head in agreement and mumbled to herself, “That’s a good idea, I’ll talk to him.”
With her decision made, Derpy turned around and started flying back to Mr. Drib’s shop as fast as she could.

Outside the blacksmith’s shop, in an alley just across the street, Equinox and Shade stood in the shadow’s as they watched Derpy return to the shop and enter. As they watched, Equinox spoke, “so… there is the dumb one, but where is the smart one and my sister.”
Shade replied, “Silvia is at the castle with the earth pony. So… any clue on how much progress the earth pony made in his attempts to fly?”
Nox shook his head, “it doesn’t matter, Try all he wants, he still isn’t any better than the dirt under my hooves.”
Shade sighed, “In other words… you don’t know.”
Nox sighed, “Shut up… the only reason I don’t know is cuz I can’t find a way into the castle to spy on him. If I bring suspicion to myself then it could complicate things. The best thing we can do it wait for the right time. Eventually one of them will be vulnerable… then we can act.”

Shade shrugged his shoulders as she replied, “I just don’t get you sometimes, first you’re all rush, rush, rush, and now you want to wait… sometimes I just don’t know if you’ve even planned anything out yet.”
Equinox glared at his partner as he replied, “if you’ve got a problem with it, then I can finish this on my own. but then I would have to kill you won’t I?… nothing personal, I just can’t have any witnesses.”
Shade gave Equinox an unconcerned stare as he replied, “you know I'll always have your back Nox, we bat ponies have to stick together right?”
Nox nodded his head, “yea… even if tree huggers think we should agree with the princess about everything being quote unquote, equal… in the end they don’t treat us any better than changelings. But they’ll get theirs… oh yea… it’s coming.”

The door to the blacksmith shopped opened up again as Derpy trotted out and spoke, “I'll go see Allen, Thanks again Mr. Drib, I'll see you tomorrow.”
As Derpy rushed off, Mr. Drib poked his head out the shop entrance as he replied, “Tell Allen I said hi!”
As the two bat ponies watched from across the street, Nox smiled, “But for that to happen… I’m going to need him...”
Shade gave Nox a confused look as they watched Mr. Drib go back into his shop and close the door behind him.

Half an hour later at the Canterlot Castle the large library, seemed completely disorganized as every book that was on the shelf was removed and stacked vertically by type, making the room seem like a large city of books. Looking at information in four books at once, Allen spoke, “See here! Every book says the same thing! In order for flight to be possible, you must have thrust!”
Silvia replied as she sat next to him, “Yea…, but what about when I’m hovering? I’m not necessarily thrusting to do that am I?”
Twilight replied as she looked at a few physics books on the other side of the room, “Actually Silver, it says right here, that hovering still requires a form of thrust. The only difference between the two is that hovering is thrust upward while flying is forwards.”

Silvia continued her argument, “That doesn’t make any sense! If I’m thrusting upwards then why am I not going any higher?”
Annoyed with the argument between one who could fly, and two who could explain flight, Spike held his ears as he yelled out, “ARGH! Can you give it a rest already! I’m getting a headache with all this sciency stuff!”
As Spike looked around, he could See Derpy standing at the door of the library as she hesitated before entering, “Um… did I come at a bad time?”
Allen looked at Derpy and shook his head, “actually no, you’re just in time to prove a point. Can you please hover for me?”
Confused about the odd request, Derpy replied as she opened her wings and started hovering in place, “you mean like this?”

Pointing at Derpy, Allen spoke to Silvia, “see, her body is moving up and down. That’s the effect of both gravity and thrust working in sync to keep her hovering at the same level. Trust me on this Silvia, thrust is essential when it comes to flying.”
Silvia sighed, “Celestia’s sake, I get it alright? Geez all I asked was if you really needed an engine to run your plane thing or not.”
Derpy tilted her head as she landed, “plane?”
Allen smiled, “yep that’s what I decided to call it, my invention that will give me flight… that is if I can get it in the air. Judging by all the books over, wings of pegasi, bats, and insects are different in their own way, so even if my plane’s wings don’t match the design of all three of these wing type, it could still fly.”

Twilight pointed out something in the book she was looking through as she spoke past the pillars of books from across the room, “Looking at this, according to this book on metals, it says Aluminum is by far one of the lightest metals there is, and if made into an alloy it could be stronger than heavier metals.”
Allen looked at Twilight through the towers of books as he thought to himself, “Any alloy hmm… maybe Mr. Drib can help us with that. Hey Derpy?”
Derpy looked at Allen and replied, “Yes?”
Allen looked back at his book as he pointed at another part of the room, “Over there should be a green journal where I keep my notes. Could you get it for me?”

Although Derpy wanted to ask Allen about her conversation with Mr. Timber earlier, she decided it could wait until later so, moving very carefully through the pillars of books, Derpy went to the area of the library that Allen pointed in as she looked around, “you said it’s a green book?”
Without looking at her he replied, “Yea, you may have to look a little bit, I may have placed something on top of it.”
Being very careful as to not knock over the tall stacks of books, Derpy looked around until she found the journal at the bottom of one of the smaller stacks. As she looked at the journal, she noticed that one of the tall pillars of books was sitting partially on the corner of it, so being extremely carful, Derpy slowly pushed the book that was on the corner of the journal until the weight was on another book on the bottom of the stack.

Derpy sighed in relief after preventing what could have been a catastrophe as she quickly turned around and held the journal up, “Is this it Allen?”
Allen gave her a quick glance as he replied before looking back at the books he was reading, “yea that’s it, oh can you also get me a quill too? I want to take some quick notes.”
Derpy smiled as she asked, “Sure, where are the quills?”
Spike heard her question as he replied from across the room, “Over here Derpy! Twilight keeps the quills in this desk.”

Carefully making her way through the library a second time, Derpy made her way to the desk as she pulled out the drawer to get a quill out. Unfortunately, when she did, the corner of the drawer hit one of the stacks of books as the large pillar started to lean with the accidental action. Panicking, Derpy quickly reached out and grabbed the stack to stop it, however when she did, the only part of the leaning pillar she was able to stop, was the book she grabbed and below, as the tall tower broke in two, and the top half hit the pillar standing next to it. With absolutely no way of stopping it, Derpy cringed with worry as the toppling tower of books colligated with a second, which then colligated with two more, until all the towers of books began toppling over each other like a room full of tall thin dominos. Not expecting the event, everypony in the room quickly covered their heads in defense from the bombardment of toppling books as Derpy covered her eyes in worry of how bad this mistake could be.

After the dust settled, Derpy opened her eyes to look around as piles of books completely covered the floor leaving none of the marble tiles visible to the nervous pegasus. A second later Silvia poked her head out of the pile of books on top of her as she spoke, “Ouch… I didn’t see that coming… Is everypony alright?”
Spike climbed out of another pile as he replied, “Yea… but I think I got a paper cut.”
Allen climbed out of a third pile as he looked around, “Great… I think I lost my place… and the books. I’m fine too, nothing broken!”
Then on the final pile, Twilight used her magic to take the books off her as she picked herself up and spoke, “What happened! Spike! Did you do this?”

Spike shook his head as he replied, “Don’t look at me Twilight… I was a victim in this too.”
“Then wh…”
Stopping herself, Twilight slowly turned her head towards Derpy who was standing next to the desk with Allen’s journal and a quill as she sighed in irritation, “I should have guessed… Do you know what you did?”
Feeling worried Derpy tried to reply, “Well… I… um…”
Twilight angrily interrupted, “It took us days to find those references. And here you come and shuffle them back in with everything else! It may take us a few more days’ just to organize the mess you made, let along find what we were working on!”

Seeing the sad expression on Derpy’s face, Allen spoke up, “Now Twilight, don’t be so rough. It was just an accident.”
“Accident, Accident?!... Sorry… but that was a disaster! Just look at this mess Allen! Even you have to admit that this isn’t something that sorry can fix!”
Derpy hung her head as she mumbled with a low voice, “I’m… I’m sorry… I… I can try to help clea…”
Twilight interrupted again, “No… if you want to help, then might I suggest going back to wherever you’re staying and letting us work without any more distractions.”
Derpy looked at Allen as waited for him to say something, “A-Allen?...”

Allen looked at the mess of books that covered the entire library, then he looked at the ground where the books he was reading were sitting before the accident, then he looked back at Derpy as she stood there holding both his journal and quill with hopes of his reply. Sighing in disappointment about what he was going to say, Allen spoke as he started to take the journal and quill from her, “Derpy… maybe it would be better if you went back to the inn. We… can clean this up on our own.”
Feeling terrible about what he said, Allen averted his eyes from her face as she began tearing up, “o-oh… um… o-okay… I’m… I’m sorry I was a burden… I'll… I'll see you later then…”
with Allen’s eyes averted, which was the only thing preventing him from noticing her tears, Derpy trotted slowly by him as she made her way across the room, past the speechless, Spike and Silvia, as she exited the library and made her way down the hall.

With Derpy now gone, Twilight used her magic to pick up a number of books as she spoke, “Good… now we can get to work cleaning this mess up.”
With a depressed action, Allen sat the journal and quill on the desk that caused the disaster as he turned back to the pile he emerged from and began digging through the books. When he managed to find one of the books that he was studying, Allen began reading the words, but even when he tried saying the words aloud to himself, none of the text sank in as he laid the book down and began rubbing his eyes, in frustration. Seeing his irritation, Silvia approached him and spoke with a low voice, “you think you were a little hard on her?”

Allen sighed as he replied, “Maybe… but Twilight’s right. If I’m going to make any progress on this… then I’m going to have to put all of my focus on my work.”
Silvia nodded her head as she replied, “it’s great and all that you’re reaching for your dreams without any concern for setbacks… but you may want to remember who was with you when you started this journey.”
Allen nodded his head, “it’s fine… Derpy just… needs a little time to get over it. I'll tell you what. This evening I'll head back to the inn and stay there with her. Maybe that will cheer her up. I’m sure she just wants to spend time with me is all.”
Silvia picked up another book and opened it as she replied, “hmm… Have you ever stopped to wonder why that is?”
With her question already digging into his mind, Allen acted as if he didn’t hear it as he continued trying to understand what he was reading.

After a few more hours of trying and failing, Allen finally had enough as he looked at Twilight and spoke, “Sorry Twilight, but I can’t seem to focus. Even if I did find something that could help, I wouldn’t know what I’m reading so, I’m gonna call it a night.”
Knowing what the problem was, Twilight nodded her head as she replied, “well… alright Allen, I'll come by your suite in the morning then.”
Allen shook his head, “actually, I was going to stop by the inn for the night, I… wanna check on Derpy.”
Twilight though to herself as she replied, “oh… well… I guess I'll see you tomorrow then. Same time?”
Allen replied as he turned towards the door, “maybe… I may take tomorrow to rest my mind, so if you don’t see me by then, then feel free to carry on with your own studies.”
Twilight nodded her head as she replied, “Alright then… well, I’ll see ya later.”
Allen nodded his head as he and Silvia started to leave the room, “See ya.”

As the two ponies made their way down the hall, Silvia had to comment, “You seem to be moving a little faster than usual. Feeling that bad about earlier?”
Allen nodded his head, “How could I not? You heard her voice as she left… and the way she sounded when she said burden… I need to make this right. It’s not fair that she tags along with me when she didn’t have to and gets yelled at like that.”
Silvia nodded her head, “well, Twilight did lay into her pretty hard. And when you didn’t stand up for her really didn’t help either.”
Allen sighed, “Gee thanks… that makes me feel so much better…”
Silvia smiled “well it’s true. You showed so much protection when dad insulted her back at the Equestrian Caverns… but why didn’t you show the same tenacity this time?”
Allen sighed, “I don’t know… maybe deep down I knew that if I showed tension towards Twilight that she wouldn’t help me. But then again… if it wasn’t for Derpy, then I probably would have given up years ago.”

As the two ponies exited the castle grounds, and entered the city Silvia spoke, “So… what will you say to her when you get there?”
Allen thought to himself as he replied, “well… I'll start by apologizing for what I did.”
Silvia nodded her head, “And then?”
Allen continued, “I can tell her why I didn’t stand up for her back there.”
“Mmm hmm… and then?”
Allen thought to himself, “Then… I could… offer to spend tomorrow with her?”
Silvia sighed in hopelessness as she replied, “Well… it’s not what I would do… but I guess you got to start somewhere… as the saying goes, you gotta walk before you run… or in your case… crawl.”
Allen felt confused, “Really? Then what would you do?”

Silvia shook her head as she replied, “well for one, apologizing is the perfect way to start, but afterwards… Never mind… if you haven’t figured it out by now, then I don’t know if you ever will.”
Allen was now completely dumbfounded as the two approached the inn and could see the light in Derpy’s room on. As the two looked at the light, Silvia nudged Allen’s shoulder, “well… whatever you say, you better get cracking before she decided to go to sleep on you. As for me, I’ve had enough drama for one day. but I may stop by later… you know, just to check on you two.”
Silvia trotted inside and went straight to her room as Allen nodded his head and looked back at the window, “well… here goes nothing.”
As Allen went inside the inn, he approached Derpy’s room as he took a breath of confidence before slowly pushing the door open, “Um…. Derpy?”
When Allen completely entered the room, he was surprised to find that Derpy wasn’t there at all. Confused as to why the light was on, Allen entered as he looked around until he found a note on the bed. With nothing to prepare him for what was next, Allen picked up the note as it read,

Dear Allen

I don’t know how to start this off, so I'll just say what I have to say. I’m sorry, I’m sorry for being a burden, I’m sorry for always messing everything up. I’m sorry for the incident in the library, Mr. Drib’s Shop, and I’m sorry about having to stop in the Equestrian Caverns because of me. I know I’m not the smartest pony in the world, or the bravest, or the strongest. In fact… I’m not good at anything am I? Well, since I know I can’t really help you in your dream since I don’t know anything about what you’re doing. I’ve decided to go back to Ponyville so you can continue without me. I know Twilight is much smarter than I am, and Silvia is much stronger, so I think it would be better if I wasn’t around to get in everypony’s way.

If you’re worried that I don’t know where I’m going, then don’t. I remember the way we got here and I can travel that same way back, so I’m fine. Just… please don’t forget about me when you become the first earth pony to fly. I would like to see your invention when it’s finished, what did you call it… a plain? Or is that not how you spell it. Anyways, thanks for everything, and again, sorry for everything too.

Hopefully still your friend,
Ditzy Doo/ Derpy

As Allen finished reading the note, he laid it down as Silvia knocked on the door and entered, “I hope I’m not interrupting anything am I… wait… where is Derpy?”
Allen sat down as he put his hoof on his head in disbelief, “She… she went back to Ponyville… without us.”
Silvia was just as surprised as she replied, “What? But… Does she know the way?”
Allen looked at her as he calmly replied, “She… she said she was going back the way we came...”
Silvia looked at Allen and spoke, “You seem rather calm about this!”
Allen just sat there as he shook his head, “I… I don’t know what to think…”

All of a sudden, Silvia’s face became pail as she spoke, “wait… you said she is coming back the way we came right?”
Still in disbelief, Allen nodded his head, as she quickly replied, “No… Derpy is in danger!”
Allen looked at Silvia in surprise, “What? You mean the equestrian caverns?”
Silvia shook her head, “That’s the least of our concerns. Think about where we were before here.”
Allen’s face lit up with worry, “The Everfree Forest…”
Silvia looked outside as she continued, “The sun is setting as we speak. If Derpy is traveling the way we came, then she won’t make it past the forest before nightfall.”

Without explanation, Allen stood up as he trotted past her, “I’m going after her!”
Silvia jumped in front of him as she spoke, “Hold your horses Allen! Even the two of us will be in danger if we travel through the forest at night.”
Allen glared into Silvia’s eyes as he replied, “I won’t leave her behind! If something happens to her, I will never forgive myself.”
Silvia nodded her head as she replied, “I know… but we will still need at least one more pony. You wait here I’m going to get Octavia. She isn’t much, but we are better in a group of three then two.”
Allen argued, “But The Check Inn is five block out of our way.”
Silvia replied, “I won’t be long, trust me I'll be back before you know it, and besides, Octavia is an earth pony, when it comes to running she won’t have a hard time keeping up.”

Both ponies trotted outside the Inn as Silvia started to run off, “I won’t be long, just wait here and we can go out there together!”
With that said, Silvia dashed away as the shadow of the setting sun started to cover the street she was running down. When she was out of sight Allen turned towards the other way as he replied, “Sorry Silvia… but I can’t sit by when Derpy of all ponies is in danger. If you’re going to catch up with me… I'll have Derpy with me by then.”
With that said, the determined earth pony sprinted off down the road, as he made his way towards the gates to the city. Hiding in the shadows of the Inn, Shade, and Nox watched the whole scene as Equinox smiled, “now is the time. Follow Silvia and keep an eye on her and her friend’s actions.”
Shade nodded his head as he replied, “got it Nox, are you going to follow The Earth Pony?
Equinox smiled, as he replied, “No… I have something better in mind.”

Just under an hour later, Allen rushed through the Everfree Forest as fast as he could as he followed the trail that he, Derpy, and Silvia travelled a number of days ago. As he continued, He started to see a bluish light ahead that stood out from the surrounding darkness of the forest. When Allen finally reached the light, he emerged from the tree line to find himself standing at the Thunder Grounds. As soon as he was in the clearing, he looked around, “Alright… I’m in the Thunder Grounds, before here we came from… um…”
Allen looked in all directions but as he did, he realized one critical thing. Not only did he forget which way they cam from before reaching the Thunder Grounds, but he couldn’t even see any paths leading from this sacred place. Allen frantically looked around, “no… no… I came to far… I can’t stop now. Not when Derpy…”
Allen silenced himself when head heard a faint sound coming from the other side of the glowing crater.

Curious, and somewhat hopeful, Allen slowly trotted along the side of the crater until he could see Derpy on the ground crying on the other side. Though he wanted to rush up and hug her with relief, it was rather obvious that she was in too much pain to do something like that. Feeling terrible that he could be the one responsible, Allen slowly trotted to her side as he spoke in a comforting voice, “Derpy?... are… are you alright?”
Not realizing that he was there, Derpy jumped at the sound of her name, but slowly picked herself up as she wiped her tears and averted her eyes, “n-no… I’m f-fine… I… I was just… pitying myself…”
Allen felt confused, “what?...”

Derpy continued averting her eyes as she replied, “I was… just thinking… that it’s kinda sad… I can’t be smart… I can’t understand the stuff you explain… I can’t even remember my way back from here… I’m… I’m just useless… aren’t I?”
Though he couldn’t see her averted eyes, Allen could tell she was still crying by the tears that were rolling down her face. He could only feel terrible as he looked at the ancient Zap apple tree and speak, “Useless?... no… Useless, is overlooking the help that a friend provides, no matter how minimal it is. Or focusing on something important to you that you ignore the feelings of those around you.”

Hearing the words, Derpy looked back at Allen as he sat down beside her, snd continued, “Useless… is not asking a friend if something is bothering her when the signs are easy to see… or being too smart to realize that the signs are getting worse with each passing day. Useless is making a new friend that are smart enough to completely forget about the more important friends. Useless… is ignoring explanations when a friend has an accident… or completely dismissing that said friend’s offer to help fix what was clearly an accident. Derpy… if anything… I’m the one who is useless. I let my goal and Twilight get my full attention that, I didn’t realize you were hurting so much. You… you’re the best friend I could ever hope for… whenever I’m down, you’re right there to cheer me up… and I can’t even do the same for you. Sometimes, I think you’re better off without me.”

Not knowing how to react to his words of kindness, Derpy looked down at her hooves as tears continued rolling down her face and dripped on the ground between them. With her emotions making her feel, exhausted Derpy slowly started to fall to her side until she was leaning completely against his shoulder as she replied, “I wish… I wish I was as smart as you… I wish I could understand why I’m feeling this pain… when… when I think about you… about what you said at the castle… my chest hurts so much… but when I’m like this… I feel… happy… So happy… that I… I don’t even know if I can call this feeling happiness… it’s just too joyful for words… why?… Why do I feel this way?... Why do I only feel it when I’m… when I’m with you?”
Hearing Derpy explain her feelings only made him feel the same pain as he replied, “I… I honestly don’t know.”

Derpy buried her muzzle into his shoulder as her muffled words continued, “Why? Even though I’m completely against you… I want to get even closer… but, it pains me to know that… eventually this moment will end… that you will eventually go back to your studying while I have to go do other things. It’s… it’s just no…”
Allen interrupted her as he pushed her slight back, raised her chin so that their eyes could meet, then he wiped away her tears as he smiled and spoke, “Derpy… I’m about to do something that I’m a little nervous about… but if at any time you feel uncomfortable… then feel free to push me back, alright?”
Though she felt confused, Derpy just nodded her head and stared into his eyes, as the young stallion leaned in and kissed her lips. At first, she was concerned, but that feeling quickly passed as Derpy closed her eyes and embraced her first kiss.

As the two embraced one another, Silvia and Octavia entered the Thunder Grounds through the clearing that Allen entered through on the other side of the crater, but as soon as the two saw the couple, they both backed into the brush as Octavia smiled, “Aww, how sweet. The two finally admitted their feelings for each other.”
Silvia nodded her head, “well it wasn’t how I expected to find him, but it’s better than the alternative. It’s a good thing he isn’t dead. Now I can kill him later for ignoring me and leaving when I told him to wait.”
Octavia nudged Silvia with her shoulder as she replied, “Really? And let a precious moment like this never happen? You really aren’t the hopeless romantic I remember from years ago.”
Silvia sighed, “Things change Octi. I’d like to think I’ve changed for the better.”
Octavia nodded her head, “Well you couldn’t get any worse, Ms. Singing Telegram.”

Silvia sighed, “Will you give that a rest already? I told you before that I was sorry, just cut me some slack will ya?”
Octavia smiled in a joking manner, “it’s a good thing you weren’t around when I heard the darn thing, otherwise I would have just cut you inst…”
All of a sudden, Octavia stopped speaking as she quickly looked into the darkness and paused for a few seconds. Seeing the unusual reflect Silvia asked, “Octi?... you okay?”

Octavia wiped the concerned look from her face as she smiled and replied as if nothing was wrong, “sorry… I though I heard something for a sec. So, what should we do now? it wouldn’t be wise to just leave them here, but then again I wouldn’t want to ruin their special time together.”
Silvia nodded her head, “Well, we will just wait in the brush for a bout twenty more minutes, then we will go out there and give them a fake story while we set up camp. Although if they become too friendly within that time… we might just have to ditch them here and come back for them later.”
Octavia smiled, “oh don’t worry about that… He may be a stallion but Allen is a gentlecolt. He wouldn’t dream of trying anything this soon.”
Silvia nodded her head, “well I guess you’re right about that.”
As Octavia smiled about the point she made, she could only think to herself, “Somepony is watching us, I can feel it. but who… and why?”