• Published 21st May 2014
  • 2,890 Views, 28 Comments

The Rainbow (Dash) of Darkness - Matthais Unidostres



When the Mane Six goes to rescue Daring Do and stop Ahuizotl from unleashing the Rainbow of Darkness, there are some unforseen consequences. (Takes place after Season 4)

  • ...
3
 28
 2,890

Chapter 1: Starswirls' Seal of Scorpan

Chapter 1: Starswirls' Seal of Scorpan

Daring Do was having a bad day.

It wasn't that she had been captured by Ahuizotl. She always gets captured by Ahuizotl. That wasn't a problem. The problem was that her arch enemy needed her alive. Usually the old mythical beast would simply throw her into an over the top death trap that any decent adventurer could escape from.

But this time, Daring Do had her wings tied up in the thick coils of a rope, and was being carried tightly by Ahuizotl's strong prehensile tile. The hand on the end of it patted her on the head and ran through her mane.

Daring Do was having a really bad day.

"You've grown so careless, my dear Daring," Ahuizotl chuckled as he and his hench-cats walked through the stone underground hallway, "My cats had no trouble tracking you down to this particular site. A site I've only dreamed of finding. And now, the power to rule this world will soon be in my grasp."

"Keep dreaming, Ahuizotl," Daring Do remarked.

Ahuizotl replied by squeezing the breath out of the helpless pegasus.

The group soon arrived at a large door with sliding panels attached to it.

"Solve it," Ahuizotl said as he swung Daring Do up to the door.

Daring Do stared at the ancient symbols and said, "I need my journal."

Ahuizotl tossed the book on the ground, and it opened up to the bookmarked page.

The pegasus looked down at the book, studying the symbols, translations, and notes; and then went to work. She moved the tiles around; sliding them, flipping them, and switching them, until she was satisfied.

The hallway remained quiet.

"Open it," Ahuizotl commanded.

Daring do didn't move. She just kept a straight face.

Ahuizotl suddenly slammed her against the stone door, causing her to see stars.

"Now!" he snarled.

Daring Do shook the dizziness out of her eyes, and took a deep breath. She looked over the stone door one final time, and then read:

"Isn't the world a lovely place?
Everywhere you go a smiling face.

Watching the morning unfold,
What does the future hold?"

The stone doors slid slowly slid open.

"Yes," Ahuizotl said eagerly, and he quickly ran into the wide chamber.

It was a rounded chamber, like a huge hollowed out sphere. The walls were smooth, with pillars of varying heights along the sides. On the other side were two podiums that appeared to have been meant to hold objects of great importance. Behind the podiums was a large carving of a collection of symbols arranged in lines, like a paragraph of text.

But Ahuizotl's attention was focused on the large dome shape in the middle of the floor. He ran over to it and started to dust it off. "Come. Help remove this top layer!" he called to is cats.

After a few moments of scratching, clawing, and rubbing, the dome was revealed to be made of glowing crystal.

"Starswirls' Seal of Scorpan," Ahuizotl said with an evil grin, "Beneath this barrier, lies a dark power strong enough to make the whole world bow before me. It will soon be mine. . ." Ahuizotl turned to Daring Do and smirked, "Thanks to you."

Daring Do simply smirked back, "Oh really? You'd think I'd really help you get your paws on something that dangerous?" Daring chuckled and shook her head, "I'm ashamed of you, Ahuizotl. You should've known that I knew what I was doing the whole time. The truth is, no force in Equestria can smash that seal, and you don't have the magic needed to break it. Unless you were planning on the two of us justing glaring at each other until one of us drops dead?"

Ahuizotl simply reached into the pouch he was carrying and pulled out curved, red hornlike object. He also took out a metal mallet. He silently turned to the dome shaped crystal seal and placed the horn on it like a spike. Daring Do saw how the red object sparked with dark magic as it touched the surface of the seal.

"What is that?" Daring asked seriously.

Ahuizotl held the horn steady as he gripped the mallet tightly in his other hand.

"Oh no. . .don't!" Daring Do cried out.

Ahuizotl raised the mallet high, and dealt a might blow to the horn, driving it into seal. Dark cracks ran through the crystalline dome, and the red horn started burning with dark magic. Ahuizotl quickly ran off of the seal, and turned just in time to see the red horn shatter as it dumped all of its remaining dark magic into the crystal seal. More cracks raced through the dome as grey colored light began to stream out and fill the room.

"Yes! The barrier is falling apart! Although the dark magic was too weak to fully destroy it, it was enough to cause it to deteriorate. In a few hours, the dark power will be mine!" Ahuizotl declared as his cats all began to yowl and roar in triumph.

"Ahuizotl, you have no idea what you've done," Daring Do said urgently as she struggled to free herself from Ahuizotl's tail, "This power is bigger than you. Bigger than anyone. It will only end up destroying you and the entire world. We have to-."

Ahuizotl swung his tail and slammed Daring Do into hard stone ground. He then lifted her up to her face and said, "Why would I ever listen to anything you tell me? You, who has constantly destroyed everything I have ever worked so hard for?" Anger and loathing filled his entire face as he brought the pegasus to his left hand reached through the coils of his own tail and the rope that bound Daring Do. His fingers found what he was looking for, and he pulled out one of Daring's wings.

"What are you doing? No. No!"

SNAP!


In her bed in her cloudhouse near Ponyville, Rainbow Dash woke up screaming.