• Published 13th Nov 2014
  • 380 Views, 4 Comments

The Battle For Equestria (book 1) - StarBlitz



StarBlitz's boring farm life screeches to a halt when something crashes into the ground in front of him, and now his life is about to get dangerous, exciting and comedically insured.

  • ...
 4
 380

It's a bird, It's a plane, It's... Skywriter?!

Hero Perspective
Earth
StarBlitz's POV

According to the letter, we were a group of three; a guard, Badger; a bishop, me; and a princess, Skywriter.
"I really am Luna's right han- hoof mare! I can't believe it!" Skywriter yelped, obviously overjoyed and excited.
"Yes, and your half-sister, Emerald Sky, does the same for Celestia. You're both alicorn princesses apparently." I replied.
"OP!" Badger shouted.
"Knock it off"
"But I don't know an Emerald Sky." She sounded a bit confused.
"The letter said that is because you and Luna had both agreed to send you, your best guard and best planner into this world. How we ended with a wiped memory is probably because you thought that if we knew about our origins, it would be very hard to keep our identities a secret. These villains must of known about our split up, rendering our weapon useless, and then they used their's to rage an all out war."
"So that means that we're not just ponies from anther world, but a team sent here to protect a dangerous weapon." Badger put in. "But then what did the letter mean by that there has to be a 'transformation'?"
"Well when I saw dash, she was almost a human, so I guess we have to turn into ponies to be able to go to Equestria." I replied.
"Well how are we supposed to do that?!" Skywriter and Badger asked in unison.
"Celestia gave a list of instructions for us to use." I pulled the paper with instructions out of the envolope and held it up.
"Then what are we waiting for then!" Badger said.
The letter told us that in either world, our bodies would transform to that of something that lives there by being in the presence of that specific realm. A way to manipulate this ability without magic, is to have something connected to the opposite world so that it can generate the presence needed for transformation, a real pegasus feather on earth would be something that could hack this ability.
So the letter contained one of Skywriter's old baby feathers that was used just for this reason.
The letter explained that we had to drop the feather right from the envelope onto the ground and then bring our hands down in a stack on top of the feather. If done correctly, the feather would disintegrate and all three of us would return to our original forms with not only our previous memories, but our new ones as well.
But if it were to be performed wrong, the procedure would only work on the one touching the feather directly.
Due to precautionary measures, we put Skywriter's hand on the bottom so if the transformation went wrong, we knew she would be able to supply us with feathers for Badger and I.
The transformation was successful, but it went in the order of how our hands were stacked.
Sky began to crumple down to about half her hight and her arms grew and her legs shrunk. Her nose elongated to a small muzzle, her icy blue eyes grew to the size of grapefruits and a tail sprouted from her rear. A stump grew on her forehead to then lengthen into a full sized alicorn horn and giant wings sprouted from her back. A small mark of a quill over a crescent moon, that looked just like her charm, appeared on her new flanks as well.
After a few more moments of adding smaller details, she was the spitting image of her turquoise OC, Princess Skywriter. Her eyes then began to glow entirely white, possibly from regaining her old memories.
The same then happened to Badger; he turned to the color of his cyan shirt and his hair turned from brown to black, zigzagged with white streaks. A Sword and what looked like a silver pony helm from the show, shimmered on his flanks indicating a cutie mark. His ears appeared to be be more leathery than Sky's and his pupil were thin slits, indicating that he was a thestral. He grew a horn not nearly as big as Skywriter's and he was shorter than her, too.
Just as his eyes started glowing, my transformation began as well. I could feel myself shrinking as I bent over on all fours, my skin turned to a brilliant scarlet and the hair on my head and new tail turned to the tangerine of my streak with a big patch of red hair. My flanks sparkled and a gold, five pointed star overlapping a red, swirled star appeared in its center. A small growth sprouted from my forehead to then grow into a horn half the size as Sky's. Hazy images flashed in front of my eyes, clouding my mind with memories.
And soon enough, we were a trio of technicolor ponies, standing inside fallen clothing and surrounded by a giant, glowing forcefield.
Skywriter, now in a mix of royal hospitality and extreme content, was hopping around with a half smile on her face, "Tis' amazing!"
I had to agree, my brony hype overwhelmed me, but almost as if a my mind shared two personalities, which it probably did at the moment, a voice in my head told me to keep calm and continue with the quest.
We then had to learn how to use magic, fly and most importantly, walk. Skywriter shot about fifty feet in the air during one of her first attempts to fly. She awkwardly flew through some power lines, scattering a flock of pigeons, and then crashed into a tree by the forcefield's boundary line with a loud, "omf!". She shot sparks through her horn at a group of squirrels scratching and nipping at her for crashing into their nest.
Badger and I worked on the basic spells written in the letter while our memories regained our old ones so that we could get used to using magic. After somewhat accomplishing the levitation of rocks and mending the all the windows we broke, our memories were fully restored. I began to feel more serious and smart, but through my mind's two separate parts, I felt confused and unkempt.
The last step was to use a spell to transport us to Equestria. I had to concentrate on where we were to go, very specifically. The letter said, " Board Room, Canterlot Castle". Then after deep concentration, I looked up to see us all literally shocking. I felt fizzy and light headed and after a loud ZAP, everything went black.