• Published 13th Nov 2014
  • 380 Views, 4 Comments

The Battle For Equestria (book 1) - StarBlitz



StarBlitz's boring farm life screeches to a halt when something crashes into the ground in front of him, and now his life is about to get dangerous, exciting and comedically insured.

  • ...
 4
 380

The Sky Explodes, Twice (Prologue)

Author's Note:

Sorry about the soggy backstory,
Just thought it would help explain
later events. As always, Constructive
Criticism please, no yelling!

Hero Perspective
Earth
StarBlitz's POV

It was a Friday morning, and I sat on the front lawn, admiring the sky above. I occasionally come here to sit and gaze like I used to do every night before bed.
I'm 18 now and I live by myself on a farm way out west from here. I have a fair amount of money so I spare work hours once and awhile to come and visit this place. It was an old, rundown orphanage where I had grown up in. I had spent the first thirteen years of my life here and all my life, I had never known who my real parents were, for I had just appeared here one night. They couldn't find anyone who might have delivered me and even blood tests would just turn up completely blank. The same would happen with my two best friends Badger and Skywriter, and we seemed to be almost alien.
Then one night, my friends and I had decided to go late night shopping, well, actually I had been yelling in my sleep that something bad was to happen at orphanage late at night the next day so we agreed to leave so I would calm down. And strangely enough, a fire had started in one of the kitchens and the entire orphanage went down in flames.
The three of us were then relocated to a new orphanage, but as soon as we were checked in, all three of us were adopted to different homes. We went to the same school up until eighth grade and then we got our own separate apartments for High School and so on. Although we're still connected by phone, we hadn't seen each other since.

Most of the time I just sit and watch the clouds or throw pebbles through the broken windows, but this time was different. Instead of it being cloudy and gray, like it is whenever I visit, there was a cloud less blue sky and a shining sun. What I found strange was that not only did it fell like 90 degrees out in the end of Autumn, there was almost a rainbow in the sky that seemed to not have a start nor an end, but a shimmering tail that faded like the trail of a jet and a white needle point on the other side. Starring at the thing with the incredulous idea that the rainbow seemed... familiar...

I quickly snapped back to reality when I realized that the rainbow's white needle point was moving through the sky. Then I noticed that not only was the thing moving, but it was getting bigger, as if getting closer. I now know exactly what this thing is but I just couldn't believe that it was true and just as I figured out what was going to happen next, the sky blew up into a giant, expanding ring of colors only to be followed by a second one identical to the first.
The white needle point from before was now hurtling towards the earth as a glowing cannon ball, followed by a vibrant, colorful rainbow tail, and crashed into the old shed a few feet in front of me. The crash blew up a cloud of dust and rubble, and the force of the impact blew me back into a tree, leaving me dizzy. Once I came around, the musty air began to part, revealing the thing that had just crashed from the heavens above. The blurry form got to its feet, it was bruised and scraped all over and it seemed to show some effort to get up. Cyan wings stuck out through what looked like a sports jersey with slits in the back. You could say that it looked human but I knew it wasn't. It- no SHE, gazed at me with glittering rose eyes and her rainbow hair shined in the sunlight.