• Published 18th May 2014
  • 1,632 Views, 15 Comments

Celestia and Luna go and find Excalibur - BronyPony78



Princess Celestia and Luna hear the legends of the Holy Sword Excalibur, and try to find it to help protect Equestria. It doesn't go exactly as plannned.

  • ...
1
 15
 1,632

The Holy Sword?

It was a normal, happy, sunny day in Equestria. Obviously this meant something terrible would happen. And terrible, terrible things did happen. To Celestia and Luna at least. Everypony else were perfectly fine.

Celestia sat in her chambers, relaxing by drinking her favorite tea out of her favorite mug, when she realized something absolutely incredible.

She had absolutely nothing to do today.

For the first time in over a thousand years, absolutely nothing demended her attation. She had not received any rude letters for the insufferably snooty aristocrats, like Blueblood, about putting more hours in a day, or other things as stupid as that, it was a summer afternoon, so she didn't have no lower the sun for hours, there was no Discord, or Tirek, or whoever else destroying Equestria. Celestia noticed that she never felt the full effects of boredom.

She HATED it.

"Well, I could send Twilight a letter," she said to herself. "Oh yeah, she and her friends are spending the week in Saddle Arabia for diplomatic reasons," She thought to herself for a few minutes, trying to think of something to do. Everything she thought of was either already done, or too way much effort. Suddenly she had a brilliant idea! "I know, I will go to the royal library. There are still interesting books from long, long ago I still haven't read fully,"

So she wandered down the marble hallways to the library, humming "You'll Play your Part". As she turned a corner, now full out singing, she met two mildly surprised guards outside the royal library doors.

"Your highness, may I inquire what has put you in such a good mood?" one of them asked.

"Absolutely nothing," Celestia replied with a small smile as she walked on, leaving behind two very confused guards.

"What was up with that song?" one asked the other.

"I don't know, it was pretty weird," the other one replied.

"Don't insult the song, it's a really good song," they heard Celestia say from in the royal library.

"Of course, your highness" said the guards simultaneously, getting back into their stance.

One hour later, a mildly frustrated Celestia was going through the oldest and least visited library wing, the 12th century wing, going through all the books, to see if there was one she had not read yet.

As she flipped through the books she muttered to herself, "Read it, read it, read it, read it, read it severally times, read it, read it, Oh boy, I should really get rid of this one, read it, read it, read it, Oh, what is this here?"

She had found a cream-colored hardback book that only had the word 'EXCALIBUR' written on it. It had no author or publication date, but other than that, it seemed like a perfectly legit book.

So Celestia sat down and started reading the book. The longer she read, the more interested she became. The book told of a legendary weapon called Excalibur, also know as the Holy Sword, and anypony that is able to draw the sword from the ground will be hailed as a hero and shall receive everlasting glory and fame. Also, the wielder will be given wings of light and granted the ability to soar through the sky. The sword can cut through space with a single swing and is the most powerful weapon in the world.

Celestia's thoughts ran wild with the idea of obtaining the Holy Sword Excalibur. She didn't care much for the everlasting fame or glory, she had enough of that as an immortal princess, but the sword's power could be used to stop any new and inevitably threat that comes to Equestria, especially with the Elements of harmony gone in the tree of harmony.

As she raced out of the library and back to her chambers to study the book a little closer and make the necessary preparations, she ran into Luna.

"Hello, dear sister, how art thou this lovely day?"

"Good, good, but Luna, I have something very important to show you!" exclaimed Celestia.

"Pray tell, sister, what is thou so excited about?" replied Luna.

"I have found a book about a powerful and legendary sword that might protect us from the way-too-common villain attacks," Celestia explained, "and it also tells us where to find it,".

"But how are thou sure the legend is true, or that this 'holy' sword is still there?"

"I don't, but there is no harm in trying, do you want to come along with me to find Excalibur?"

"Well sister, that is entirely true, we could be crushed to death by falling rocks, or mauled by wild beasts, or simply get lost in-"

"Do you want to come with me to find the Holy Sword or not Luna?"


"Fine, I shall accompany thou, but if we are killed, you shall resume full responsibility."

"If I'm dead how will I resume responsibility?"

"Thou art aware of what thy means."

"Of course I am Luna, now go make the necessary preparations and meet me inf front of the castle gates in one hour,"

"Of course sister," Luna said, she then turned and walked calmly down the hallway, seemingly bored. However, as soon as she turned the corner Celestia heard:

"Huzzah! An adventure!" Celestia just rolled her eyes as she heard Luna gallop away to her chambers to prepare. She would never change.

One hour later, Celestia and Luna were leaving the castle, when they were approached by another guard.

"Princesses, may I pleases know where your location is?"

"Thou does not really need to know that" coldly replied a slightly annoyed Luna. Why would this noisy guard want to know that?

"Its just for security reasons, your highness,"

"We are just going for a small walk"

"Then why do you have saddle-packs filled with food?"

"We are going for a picnic, Noble Charge, we will be back by the end of the day" interjected Celestia.

"Alright then, have a good picnic then Princesses," he said as he sank into a bow.

As they started to leave Canterlot, Luna angrily burst out "Why was thy royal guard so pushy? Back when thy was here, no Guard dealt that high amount of cheek,"

"Luna, haven't you learned yet we live in a different world, then we did 1,000 years ago? The guards are just doing their job, trying to protect us"

Luna ignored Celestia and started grumbling. A few minutes later, she asked "Tia, where is this sword located anyways?"

"It is in a cave to the east, we should be there in a hour or so,"

Luna groaned. She didn't think that obtaining the most powerful weapon in Equestria would be that difficult.

Author's Note:

This chapter is kinda short, but upcoming chapter(s?) will be longer. Please point out any mistakes so I can fix them.