• Published 18th May 2014
  • 2,342 Views, 5 Comments

TwiliShy - FalloutFilly



Twilight and Fluttershy learn about their feelings for each other.

  • ...
28
 5
 2,342

Intro/Back Story

Twilight was waking up as usual, but she could tell something was wrong, taking off her sleepwear and slipping into her skirt and button-down shirt she walked down stairs seeing Owlicious on the ground with a small pool of blood next to him. She called Fluttershy who might know what to do, all she said was to meet her at Ponyville Veterinary Clinic.

~30 Minutes Later-Ponyville Vet.~

After they admitted him to the Emergency Department they did what they could, but he died almost immediately. The doctors came out after they autopsied him.

"It's seems he suffered from an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, there was nothing we could do." The doctor explained to Twilight and Fluttershy. Hearing this Fluttershy cried more than Twilight.

~60 Minutes Later-Fluttershy's Cottage.~

"Fluttershy what happened back there?" Twilight said, trying to break the awkward silence in the room. "I never seen you cry like that before."

"It's hard to explain." Fluttershy sighed and tried holding back the tears. "My, uh, my sister had an aneurysm when we were in middle school, she passed away the same day."

"Oh my, I'm sorry I didn't know." Twilight tried rubbing her back and arms to soothe her as Fluttershy pushed her head into Twilight's neck as she started crying softly. "She was the only one who understood me." In the sadness she said something she didn't expect to. Confused by this Twilight was trying to figure out what she meant.

"Fluttershy what are you talking about?" Twilight asked, not being able to figure it out herself. Fluttershy sighed again.

"Oh, it's nothing, just something people say to help themselves cope with stuff you know?" Fluttershy knew she was trying to redirect the conversation to something else, but Twilight knew to.

"Fluttershy there's something else going on, isn't there?" Twilight said. "I'm sure what ever it is I can help you with it." She said trying to be a supportive friend. But nothing in Equestria could prepare for what Fluttershy was about to say, not the Elements, nor books, nor friendship lessons.

"I love you." Fluttershy whispered very quietly.

"I'm sorry, Fluttershy, I couldn't hear you, can you repeat that." Twilight didn't know for sure what she said, but given the circumstances she was pretty sure she knew.

Fluttershy, not being able to keep it a secret anymore, shouted, almost loud enough to wake up the neighbors. "I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!" after she said it she broke down crying on the floor. Twilight didn't know what to do or say.

"I can't believe what just happened, I always did have feelings for her like that, but I didn't know she did too. Well better late than never, I just wish Owlicious didn't have to die just to figure that out though." Twilight thought to herself. But what does Fluttershy's sister have to do with her loving me?" Fluttershy sat there crying with her head on her knees. Twilight went over to her and asked what that had to with anything. After a few seconds to calm down Fluttershy stopped crying

"Remember I said she's the only one who understood me?" Fluttershy responded while her face turned light pink. Twilight nodded. "Well by that I meant she's the only one who accepted me as a, well, as a lesbian. After she died I never told anyone, but someone found out and then told everyone in school and people tormented me for years until I moved to Ponyville. After that I could never tell anyone for fear it would happen again. Since then I never dated anyone, not even guys, I thought I'll take care of animals and that'll fill my need and it did, until the doctor said aneurysm I thought about it again." Fluttershy took her time explaining. "If you hate for saying that we can forget it ever happened." There was an awkward silence for a few seconds, then something Fluttershy didn't expect.

"I love you too, Fluttershy." Twilight said monotonously, but not enough to where Fluttershy could understand. Fluttershy looked at her in both shock and relief. Twilight pulled her off the floor, then they looked at each other for a quick second or two.

"But you aren't l-" Fluttershy started, but was cut off by Twilight's finger on her mouth. "You'd be surprised how different someone you knew is until the moment shows up." Twilight said quoting and old love novel she had read a while ago. "I didn't know you liked me and you didn't know I liked you. Seems everything worked out in the end." Fluttershy lightly grabbed Twilight's hand and removed it from her mouth, but gave her a quick kiss on the top of her hand before letting go. They stared at each other's eyes for a half an hour until Fluttershy decided to break the silence.

"So how's this going to work?" Fluttershy asked. "What do you mean, Flutters?" Twilight got a sudden look of slight confusion. "Well are we going to be an official couple or are we going to see each other on occasion to do whatever we want to?" Fluttershy explained. "Oh I see, well I think we should start slow and make sure it'll work out, I'm sure it will, but just to be safe. And then start introducing others into our relationship, then go from there, but we will still meet here or the library and do 'stuff' and go out as friends so it doesn't seem strange." Twilight suggested. "I think that's probably best that way." Fluttershy agreed and leaned towards Twilight. Twilight got the hint and leaned closer to Fluttershy and then finally the moment of truth, their lips meet and an instant spark made it clear this would last forever.

Author's Note:

I understand Fluttershy is supposed to be shy, but in this story's case the reason she was shy is because she was afraid of the bullying that would come if people found out, but now that Twilight and her are open about it she will be a little more bold about things.

Also, I did not pay as much attention to detail as I usually would for this chapter, simply because I don't like traumatic or sad stories so I try to avoid them as much as possible, problem was I like to know where the relation stuff came into play, therefore this chapter was made.