• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 662 Views, 7 Comments

DLairgkht World - Groupiegatalo



With the fall of one Tirek the ponies are once again at rest. But a new problem peeks its head in an unsual form.

  • ...
6
 7
 662

The end?

Morning comes with rain and the foul weather only insist on continuing as the three; human, griffin, and pegasus, leave from their one night hotel and out into the streets where nopony roam. It's a peaceful look really. Quiet and still, except for the rain, with only the sounds of their breathing filling in the gaps of silence of the rain. It's truly marvelous in the sight of Morbiss, yet very eerie at the same time for all. It has, for some quite while, not rained on its own like this without the pegasus scheduling it. Showing that chaos and order are starting to pull at each other once again.

Sometimes the weather gets out of hand and they let it take its course. As all things should. But the rain, is seems so unnatural. As if the weather itself was foretelling events to come. The falling tears of the heavens.

But only Nigel gave it some absent minded thought as he shifted the weight of his halberd. Morbiss considers it lucky that they leave the town without a crowd of ponies watching them. Morbiss shifts his bag on his back and makes the walk, at point, towards the train station that they had somepony point out for them. Fluttershy walks at the caboose not really feeling to up to their soon to be confrontation with the head of pony civilization.

The sun had merely rose from the horizon point when Light Morbiss decided it was time to head out. He might not know the train schedule, but he prays a early train comes so they don't have to wait till the next day to execute the plan. He had figured if they did get there late they could try to isolate Luna and do it in a reverse way, but he knows that Celestia probably won't let anything bad happen to her little sister. Maybe not too much bad. It would ruin her image after all.

"The day is here." Nigel says breathing out as they pass a smithy and tavern getting closer to the train station, "A few weeks ago if you asked me if I would one day face down armies as my ally goes and slay the princesses, I would call for the medic to sedate you and take you to the nearest medic camp or hospital. Now, I just can' t believe that I'm doing this. It make me excited..."

"As it should Nigel." Morbiss replies, "You know... I felt like you the day we stood on the hill facing the capital... I never got to see much of the inside, but the outside. The outside was freighting as well as a glorious sight. Unicorns on every tower, guards with all types of weapons, pegasus lined with bows and bolts, ballistics on the front line, our best mages on the front line keeping all the second best and students who were going to one day over come their teacher safe and ready to fight, and than the princesses flying down flaunting their power like it was nothing. It was a magnificent sight and terrifying at the same time. Not than... it was only terrifying and exciting as I stood there behind mas... Flint, and took in what was to be our final battlefield. That fight was suppose to be the end of the war."

"Well it was technically. Just not the way you guys wanted it." Nigel speaks up shaking his head from both the splattered water hair and in sympathy.

"Yes... but I saw a more beautiful sight. I saw power. I saw grace. I saw how those two can live within each other because of Celestia. I watched my friends and my teachers be killed on that day. The day the crest of our powers had been reached and how we were so close to ending the war with the lost of ponies. We would've marched and taken down everything, then demanded surrender."

"But Celestia and Luna came." Nigel says sadly.

"Aye. They were born without us knowing. Taught and raised in secret. And unleashed like hell hounds. Without mercy they slew. Just two princesses. Two Alicorns that hadn't even reached their peak of power. Nor were they close to it." Morbiss says walking up the dull wooden steps onto the train platform.

"What has changed from than to now?" Nigel asks.

"There are only three of us. One will not fight, but we will. The one who fights can feel their power changing everyday. Weaker sometimes, and stronger others. Let me ask you Nigel. If you could feel the very life force of your enemy, would you kill them?" Morbiss asks in a more dull tone than serious.

It almost seems like the thought saddens him just a bit. Morbiss doesn't truly feel sadness, but the fact that something is happening in that castle of theirs, built who knows when, makes him long to see it. Sure the first castle was impressive and all of its greatness was admired by many, but this one. It seems so much simpler from afar, but the closer they get.

"Have you ever been inside of there?" Morbiss asks referring to both of them.

"No. Not really." Nigel confirms, "I have heard tells. They generally don't like griffins so close to home."

"And you Fluttershy?" Morbiss asks quietly.

"Many. It's beautiful. Especially the gardens. The cobblestoned roads are to perfection and the towers and guards are so intimidating. The power that radiates from the throne room is..."

She doesn't bother with finishing the statement knowing that the other two will get the gist of it. Morbiss nods his head in acceptance of the answer. There's a stone in his stomach. Unmoving and growing bigger with ever second that passes. He almost fears that he's becoming nervous as well. Though he doesn't know why. They're stronger than before, but he's used to their energy level. He should be unafraid seeing as he grew up underneath their feet and along side them during interrogations and corruptions of his mind.

He's glad they can barely feel him though. And he's almost glad he can't feel his own power. After so many years of not casting such powerful spells as he once knew, he doubts that the magical part of their dual shall be great. He hopes to only keep it at a melee duel though. He can't give up ground in their presence or he might face immediate defeat. Possibly.

"Are you prepared to face impossible odds?" Morbiss asks facing Nigel as he hears the train approach.

"No."

"Good. A desperate man fights harder." Morbiss says chuckling, "A man who is unprepared against impossible odds with no way out fights harder than a man who can flee. Than you only have one way out. Well two still, but oh well."

"You're a great man." Nigel says snickering, "I'm glad I'll fight along side you."

"Oh and Fluttershy? Please do try to keep your friends in check. We don't want any accidents to happen." Morbiss says facing the train that is coming to a stop in front of them.

"Of course not. Now shall I talk to the conductor or you?" Fluttershy asks standing more erect than they first got here.

Her wet mane giving her an imposing look. It makes Morbiss happily in truth. Just a little though.

"I think I like new Fluttershy." Morbiss says chuckling walking to the door and opening it for his companions.

"I'm afraid of me..." She says shaking her head.

"Which is great." Morbiss says laughing.


Morbiss sits in the window seat watching as the scenery change from open plains to a hills rolling across the land. It is beautiful, but the land of before was more beautiful. But with each moment as they get closer and the sun rises, the feeling of uncertainty rises within them all.

"How are you?" Fluttershy asks sitting herself beside Morbiss.

"Nervous and murderous." He answers rubbing his hands together.

In all the days he has been walking the land, which has been many, he has never resorted to his old habits of rubbing his hands together. It's a nervous habit really. Jessy once thought she had gotten him out of it, but when ever she wasn't looking he would go back to his old habits. It was kind of like kicking the addiction. You wanted to, but you know you won't be able to. Morbiss shrugs off the distracting thoughts and looks at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy is looking down the front of the train just ignoring the world around her. She looks very nervous and he notices her wings flinching every so often. Nervous habits of a pony. Pegasus more like it. Her wings keep twitching and sometimes she shuffles her body. It makes her seem more human than she already has been acting. In fact, walking across the land as he has, while watching his ass and trying to make note of all the changes of the land and such, he has noticed how human everything is. It's truly ridiculous the more and more he thinks about it. Than again if he was one of his teachers they probably would've done something far greater than this.

Than again he isn't any of his teachers. Nor would he want to be. All of his teachers are dead. A morbid joke for a morbid man really. Oh well. He finds comfort to know that he can still make jokes with himself.

That lightened the mood for both of us.\

Ah. Than there is this asshole.

guilty as charged. You bloody little monster you.

"You're much more of a monster than I am." He whispers to himself shaking his head, "Please tell me Fluttershy. Have you thought of a way to keep your friends from interfering?"

"No... Not really... I figured if I could convince Twilight to hear me out she might listen and prevent the rest of them from coming in." Fluttershy replies lowering her head, "I think I can do it. If not you won't really have much time."

"Yes, but at least I know you won't rise with them." Morbiss says scoffing.

"Or I could and take back my life and play off all the killings." Fluttershy speaks out casually.

More casually than she would have some weeks ago. Shy and foolish Fluttershy would never speak like that. Confident and foolish Fluttershy would.

"So what do you think of your new kindness?" Morbiss asks, "Would you rather have kept your innocent version, or is this darker version more pleasing to your blood lust."

"I'm still the same Fluttershy!" She snaps flaring her wings a bit, "No matter what... but if I know somebody is going to suffer I'll put a end to it. Not let it drag on. Usually I'll try to fix them up or prolong it. I never realized until now that I was just making their suffering last longer. If I have to... I'll kill Twilight if she can't take on the burden. If she asks to die and you won't deliver it I will."

This catches Morbiss by surprise. The same sweet Fluttershy speaking out words of violence. She is wrong about being the same Fluttershy. Than again, he isn't the same Morbiss. He believes the inside has changed so much about him. Both of him.

You know. I think we've finally gotten through to her.

Morbiss nods his head accepting Fluttershy's choice and agreeing with his other side.

"Your resolve is strong."

"I know. I'm sorry about that outburst too... I'm just nervous..." She replies staring at the floor.

Annnnnnd back to square one.

"Don't worry. We are all nervous. I can't provide you comfort, but I will tell you that you will go down in history in some books. Fluttershy the fool who chased a mad man and became mad herself."

She replies with nothing but a playful smile on her face. A soft laugh escapes her mouth. Nigel laughs from nearby and turns towards them from his upper seat, "We're all mad here!"

That makes Morbiss start laughing and soon Fluttershy's laugh rises with theirs as the enjoy each others madness. Nigel the killer, Morbiss the mad, and Fluttershy the brutal. How far they have come from some type of sane life to this. A spectacle of its own. A grand show that has proven to be progressive. A lot of ponies will change how they live based on what they have done and what they will do.

Yet they will never know.


Twilight paces in the main foyer yet again expecting Morbiss to bust through the door blood and destruction trailing behind him. She can even see Fluttershy out of her mind covered in blood as she just shambles forward an empty shell of herself. Her dreams coming to life

Than the questions. Damn the questions. They come, dance, and play within Twilight's head. Just as much as her dreams plague her.

What will you do? Will you have to face Fluttershy? Who will replace kindess if she dies? How would the others react when news is brought back? Why haven't you told your teacher? Why are you still staying? Why not wait like he said you should? Why has their been no word other than that dead peaga...

She stops and shakes her head throwing away the thoughts before she unravels. Again. She can still see herself burying some mare's son..

Another shake of her head brings her to a stop at the base of the stairs. She than makes her way up those stairs and to the right where she knows the great library lies within this castle. She has always turned to reading to be her way of calming down. She has read some of the book in there over a dozen of times, yet still finds herself reading them over and over again. From lesson books to tragic romance. Her thirst for a way of calming down holds.

She has resorted to more... unlady like ways of keeping calm that she rather not think of now or else she returns to her bed chamber to resort to that strategy. Every time she resorts to it she prays to the maker that her teachers doesn't walk in. Or even worse. Luna. If it is one thing she has learned about Luna is that she will greatly use what she knows against you. Especially when its about a young Twilight and her fantasy dreams of passion of the taboo kind with.

Twilight groans almost thinking of taking care of more than one need. She ignores it as she continues reading to keep her mid distracted. Unfortunately, it doesn't.


The ride lasts for some time. The sun has just met the half way point between its climax and the horizon. So making up for lost time, Morbiss hops out to find himself near the hustle and bustle of city life and nobles. Lucky they don't even glace at this platform for it seems oddly empty.

Well except for the few guards that look at the three and immediately raise their weapons. Nigel comes forward and raises his halberd ready to fight and paint the wood red with blood. Fluttershy comes forward as well.

"Stand down or your blood will be spilt." She says confidently staring them both in the eyes.

"Miss Fluttershy?" One of the guards ask stepping forward, "Why are you with these beasts? Does Twilight know about this?"

The guard dawns the revised Sons of Celestia armor and he can even feel the enchantment power off of their armor. They're suppose to make them stronger, faster, better, and harder to kill. It's truly the work of a Alicorn that has been practicing this for a very long time. Fluttershy is standing up to them pretty bravely too.

"Yes she knows. In fact, take me to see Twilight immediately." Fluttershy demands not backing down, but by the twitching of her wings she can easily been seen as nervous or less than confident to a close eyes.

Luckily the guards are so taken back from her attitude that they do this with out a second thought. They take her off and leave Nigel and Morbiss to their own devices on the platform.

"Alright... Well just you and me bud. How are we going to get to the castle?" Nigel asks, "I mean I could fly over there but."

Morbiss closes his eyes and lets a bit of his power slip into his mind. Their mind. He finds what he's looking for in seconds. Though he was almost consumed by his past once again as he opens his eyes panting. He extends his arms and wings of soft light come out from his back.

He gives the wings a few test flaps lifting him off the ground, "You lead the way..."

"You're surprising me more and more everyday." Nigel replies spreading his wings and takes to the air much more smoothly than Morbiss.

"Yea... Maybe after this you can teach Morbiss how to fly properly..." Morbiss says shaking his head, "Now lets get moving before I start remembering too much."

"Right." Nigel walks off to the side where a builds will block them from sight as they fly.

Nigel leads the way taking his halberd off his back and flies behind buildings and keeps to the shadows to prevent notice from anyone that might look their way. Once had the power of the halberd had to be use to prevent a mare from alerting the guards form her back yard. Other than that, the open skies and the flight is great for the both of them. They make quick pace, despite Morbiss' lack of knowledge of flight and his few plunges, and eventually find themselves at the back.

Eventually they land in the back part of the castle where they can easily see the garden from across a glass room. The garden, as Fluttershy had said, looks enchanting as she said it would. If only he was here on a visit. He would explore and observe the garden like Flint would. He tsks at himself as he remembers that man. For a moment he wonders what Flint would think of them doing this.

He looks up and can almost see Flint's impassive broad muscular face in flames while staring him down. At that moment, Morbiss feels smaller. So much has been put into this. And yet standing here probably only moments away from the big fight and the death of many, he waits for a sign. Not a sign to walk forward or one to stay here a bit longer, but a sign to let him know from Flint that he's doing the right thing. A part of the old Morbiss affects him. More than he would like.

"Damn you body... It's too late to stop me." And with that he takes his first step to a path less taken and whether for better or worse, Nigel follows.

Upon walking to the glass door, the two are greeted by the welcoming committee of three guards guarding the back. Two unicorns and a earth pony wielding a pole arm a long as his body. The unicorn's matching purple horns glow as they back up. The earth pony glows a bit and the pole arm does as well. Nigel comes forward on his hind legs halberd ready for a fight.

Morbiss snickers and throws up a two spells around Nigel. The first spell to reduce the effect of magic considerably, and the second to heal wounds faster. Morbiss grabs his throbbing head as memories flow into his mind as he reverses the magic of the wings on his back.

Ugh... I'm remembering all this shit too... They're close...

"I know..." Morbiss whispers walking to the right, "Kill them quickly Nigel. I don't want to find you still here dealing with a few puny back door guards."

"I'll happily draw first blood." Nigel says giving a predators glare and smile towards the three.

Morbiss can easily tell that the unicorn on the right's heart has probably stopped from how his horn flickers. Nigel has caught this also as the magic of the pole arm wavers a bit. The earth stallion rushes forward not waiting for the first strike. With that halberd meets pole arm and magic resounds greatly from the two weapons filling the room with smoke. Morbiss wonders how long it'll be before they realize that their pony friend isn't the only magically enchanted one here. Especially with how said magically enchanted weapons react to each other..

Oh well. Morbiss takes his leave forward through the glass door while the three are distracted with the smoke screen and a predator that hunts in the fog and dark.

Morbiss enters the garden and ducks behind bushes as a few guards come, their armor and weapons shaking a bit. A few of them hang back asking questions. Two screams roar up and everyone is on edge and readying their weapons. That'll probably attract more guards and hopefully with the princess distracted by the return of Fluttershy, he hopes or this will be terrible, he will probably have more time to get to the throne room.

He would laugh if he wasn't trying to be careful so that the plan doesn't go foul.

Plan? This is our plan!?

Morbiss doesn't reply as he uses the shadows and dark magic to conceal himself as he walks through the garden. He even comes across a statue of a pony waving a flag with others behind him and climbing up as well. Another knock off of human history, but oh well.

Morbiss quickly finds the other end of the garden and peers into the door leading in to see that the room is empty to his great pleasure. He goes in and quickly makes for the exit on the other side and swings the door open. Upon opening it a butler is faced with him. He looks up and his face of boredom turns into a face of pure horror.

Morbiss quickly snatches the pony up by the throat and peers into his eyes, "Tell me where the throne room is and you might just leave with your life."

The stallion stares back into those empty and cold eyes full of malice and evil. He's petrified and can't move. Though his body acts on its own as he tries to grab his own throat to strangle himself. Morbiss would find amusement in it if he had the time to enjoy it. For now he smacks the stallion loudly and asks again more harshly.

The stallion quickly points down the hall.

"Much obliged." Morbiss says as a spell goes into his hand making the stallion thrash before going still, "Sorry. But I did say might leave with your life."

He drops the body that has been burned from within to the floor and makes his way to the throne room, he hopes, while killing off a few servant to sate what blood lust is rising within him. Hopefully Celestia will see this carnage and meet him at their battle ground.

Than the feeling of nostalgia comes back as he remembers stabbing the sun princess. Over and over again.

"Oh the memories." He says as he slit the throat of a maid looking out a window towards the gardens watching as a griffin slay ponies.


Twilight stares at the pegasus in front of her. Even though she knows the guards couldn't feel it, she couldn't believe that they brought her to her.

"Flutter... Fluttershy... The girls... They were so..." Twilight was already chocking up and she hadn't even heard what Fluttershy wanted to say, or more like needed to say yet.

"I-I missed you so much!" Twilight says hugging her friend.

But the hug isn't exchanged. In fact, it's only a one way hug. Fluttershy just stands there looking far off almost feeling the murder that's taking place. It makes her giggle slightly. Almost drunkenly. She hasn't really thought about it much, but murder has became part of her life. It was funny some how. But the slight noise doesn't go unnoticed.

Twilight backs up noticing how her hug is one sided and than the noise.

"Fluttershy?" Twilight asks placing a hoof on her shoulder, "Are you alright? What did Morbiss do?"

"A lot... We talked. A lot. We camped, shared, and learned from each other. Did you know that there was more than just one type of human? In fact every human had a classification of what they were. In fact, at least 90% of their race was mixed of different classifications." Fluttershy says proud of herself for remembering such a thing, "And that their towns and cities were the talk of their century."

"Wow... I've only read so much about Humans from what I could find. But you have heard a lot more than the books explain." Twilight responds mystified and eager from what Fluttershy has told her.

"Yea... I figured really. Ponies and Humans have never really sat down and talked much. Morbiss wasn't around for much, but from what he has told me, Ponies and Humans at that time were at a struggle with each other. We used to be so aggressive and unified under war and despite times. The windigoes were so abundant... But everyone still thrived and fought a similar war at sometimes. He even mentioned their alliance within the Mage war. I had never even heard of something like that, yet it makes me see everything in a new light."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asks not sure of what this is leading to.

"We did a lot of creatures wrong Twilight." Fluttershy says he face going to the floor and than to Twilight's eyes, "We have to make things right."

"What do you mean make them right? Fluttershy, you're not making a lot of sense." Twilight says backing up, "Also what happened to Morbiss. He should be with you."

"In do time Twilight." Fluttershy says standing in front of the door.

"What do you mean in do time! Fluttershy what-" Her rant is cut off by the door opening behind Fluttershy.

Luna walks into the room and looks between the two, "Am I interrupting something?"

Fluttershy looks between Twilight and Luna and motions for Luna to join them. Luna does so as Fluttershy closes the door, "To answer you question, Twilight, You'll know when you sense him."

"Sense who?" Luna asks her curiosity pecked at.

Twilight bites her bottom lip and watches Fluttershy nervously as a smile, dear god it reminds Twilight so much of Morbiss', appears on her face.

"Oh?" She breathes out, "You don't know? There's a certain boy here that Twilight is interested in."

"Oh do tell." Luna says getting closer to Twilight, "I have my suspicions who."

"Oh you'll be surprised for sure." Fluttershy says under her breath looking over her shoulder to the door hoping all that is going well on everyone else's ends.

Obviously Luan is ignorant of what's going on and that makes it all the better. Though she wonders where Celestia is, but if her guess is right Morbiss and her should be having a little talk. Whether in battle or normal is hard to tell.


Morbiss shifts in the throne a bit. For a princess, she sure does have a fat ass. And he wonders why her stupid throne has to be so uncomfortable. He's pretty sure that thrones are supposed to be a lot more comfortable than this. Than again he never had to worry about kings in their society. Only others.

Morbiss sits there shifting every so often in the beautiful golden throne waiting for the player to arrive to the playing field. It doesn't take long too. It's almost like the owner of the throne knows when someone is in it. The doors open slowly as if cautious. He doesn't blame her too. Sometimes curiosity can be killer. Though he didn't really plan any sort of trap. He just wanted to either talk and kill or just kill. Either works with him really.

Celestia walks in her regal mane flowing behind her with its all eternal flow. The sight of her beauty and power makes Morbiss catch his breath. Even for a horse, she's stunning.

"Just like your mother..." Morbiss says nodding his head as he straightens himself.

The moment is here. He finally gets to meet face to face with his jailer. He can finally seek his vengeance. Yet he feels so much grief inside.

"Who are you?" She asks keeping her head up high.

Morbiss simply sighs. It wasn't enough for her to remember him. It's almost a bit sad really. He really had expected her to gasp, through up a barrier, and yell out Morbiss! But none of it happened. Just a simple talk. Boring, yet exciting.

"An old prisoner of yours. I know you haven't forgotten the humans already?" Morbiss asks leaning against the right side of the throne.

"Of course not. Not since the first time we saw you heathens. You monsters." Celestia says walking slowly to the throne, "Are there more like you?"

"If there are, I'm not telling." Morbiss says deciding now would be a good time to stand up, "Guess the madam wants her throne back?"

"Yes. And I want to know why you are here." Celestia asks stopping in the middle of the room.

Ah yes. Meeting half way with the enemy. Neither on each others terms. The middle ground is a good point to start a fight. That way it can go either way. But if you're super powerful it doesn't matter at what end you start. You already know who will win. So Morbiss descends the steps and starts walking to the halfway point.

"Well. I'm simply here for you." Morbiss says spreading his arms out, "It's truly a magnificent sight to see you again."

"Again? Now that I think of it... you do look vaguely familiar."

"Oh... your words wound me so. But not as much as my imprisonment." Morbiss says standing just nose to nose with Celestia.

The two begin to radiate power from off their body to gauge each other. Celstia feels the power of him and he feels the power of her. The equal suns are something to fear. Celestia begins to prepare for his first attack by throwing up a physical shield around her. Just in time too as Morbiss forms a dagger in his right hand and stabs it deep into Celestia's chest breaking the shield immediately taking her by complete surprise. He stabs again and again and the stabs only bring back memories of a incident like this some hundreds of hundred years ago. She sends out a burst knocking him backwards and slamming him into the stairs where blood comes flying out his mouth.

He chuckles as Celestia backs away gasping and slowly healing from her burning wounds, "Morbis... I remember... I thought you were dead after all this time..."

"Oh no Celestia. I'm very much alive as you can probably tell from those stab wounds." Morbiss says standing with a wicked smile etched onto his face.

Celesita charges up a blast of magic and fires towards him with her might. Morbiss brings up a shield and blocks the brunt of the magic before it breaks through and sends him into the stairs again.

"Grrr... I really don't like stairs..." He grumbles as he gets up making his dagger long and bigger till it makes a sword of light.

He comes towards her with speed and strength. She forms an elegant sword for her and their sword match creating a shockwave through the castle. Morbiss and Celestia lock eyes and begin to weigh each other on their swords seeing who will give ground first. Morbiss roars and releases the majority of his power and pushes forward with his might sliding her backward and moving her sword a bit to get close. He slams his head into her snout bending her head down harshly. The sword drops a bit giving Morbiss enough slack to swing it from the close hold and slamming it into the shoulder of her forearm and changing it into a dagger where and jumps backward slicing through muscle and flesh making her bleed profusely.

The glorious sight of red makes him more energetic and more blood thirsty than before. The dying sun is the strongest.

"You are... indeed powerful... I remember now... we can stop this fighting before it goes too far." She says forming a shield and holding her head up high with her sword positioned beside her.

"No... We can't." Morbiss says changing his dagger back into a sword.

"Than so be it." Celestia proclaims letting her magic flow and her hair fall to her back. It ties itself into a knot behind her and the two run at each other.

Celestia swings low making Morbiss jump into the air. Morbiss forms his weapon into a spear and sends it down as he falls from his flight. Celstia raises her shield and blocks the attack sending a shock of magic once again through the castle. Morbiss falls on top of the shield and she flings it sending Morbiss across the ground. Celestia is already on top of him wings spread as the sword comes down into his gut pinning him to the floor.

"This battle is over Morbiss..." Celesita says standing proudly."

Morbiss grabs the blade of the sun sword and crushes it his hand before coming up his left hand enwrapped with light forming a claw. He slams into her neck and she leans back bringing him up with her. The spear forms into a dagger and he tries to slam it into her eye. Celestia moves faster though and falls low throwing him off balance and releasing his hand from her neck. Celesita comes up and slams a hoof into his face sending him back with a spray of blood and curses.

Morbiss turns into time bring up a shield to prevent more damage to himself as Celesita turns and kicks nearly breaking the shield. Morbiss releases more of his energy and Celestia does so too keeping their power equal. Morbiss backs away blood in his right eyes and nose to see the damage he has done. Celestia has many wounds that are either trying to heal and failing or healing poorly. The burning effect of the sun is doing as he expected. Celestia is also covered in blood near her muzzle, neck, and left foreleg. A beautiful sight for Morbiss.

Morbiss brings his two hands together and send a blast of magic at her. She splits the magic as it slams into the ground and burns through it. With the distraction he comes forward forming a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other. Celestia reform her sword and raises her shield. Morbiss throws his dagger that spreads into multi-daggers that impale themselves into Celestia shield before exploding. It catches her some what off guard and Morbiss sends his sword forward with himself through the dust. He can feel something burn into his body, but at the same time he feels his weapon slowly start meeting resistance.

Morbiss blasts energy to get rid of the smoke to find himself impaled through the chest with Celesita's sword and her impaled on his sword through the chest. They're both bleeding blood from their mouths. Morbiss roars through the pain using every ounce of his power and grabs the hilt with both hands and slams it as far right as possible.

Celesit tries to match his power quickly, but finds the blood loss and wounds make it hard to concentrate. She feels the burning magic run through her right side before exiting. The sudden separation from a lot of her makes her stumble and her magic waver freeing Morbiss from the impalement.

Morbiss stumbles forward and wraps his arms around Celestia's neck as they breath deeply and die slowly. Morbiss looks past Celesita's shoulder to see Luna standing there with a look of shock on her face. Twilight is there as well with fear in her eyes. She notices that Twilight is the only one with bruises and Fluttershy seems to be gone.

For a moment he wonders what she did to buy him time. And if it was worth it or not.

"Death to the sun. Death to order. Death to the pony kingdom. Hail humans." Morbiss whispers into Celestia's right ear as he feels his own power diminishing.

He forms a dagger with his power and stabs her over and over again in the chest before she slumps against him and falls to his left. There he stands with a bloody dagger above a dying princess that saw herself as a goddess.

"Hello Twilight... Luna..." He says moving forward.

Luna cries out in anguish and anger as she forms a trident and throws it across the room impaling Morbiss and sending him to the floor impaled by his chest to the floor. Blood shoots out of his mouth from the impact and he tries to move, but finds his powers almost gone.

"Well old friend... I wish you luck in your battle..." Morbiss says to himself.

Just hurry up and die already. You're ruining our, well, my body.

"Hehe... a monster all the way..." He says shaking his head and grabbing the trident and shooting magic through it making it disappear.

Morbiss, of light, gives up the last bit of his energy and dies on the floor at the very foot of the throne. Luna feels the last of his energy leave and walks to her sister, fall to her knees, and cry out in sadness and anger. Using her magic she levitates Celestia's head to her and cuddles it. Twilight steps forward and feels an immense power run through her. A very dark power.

Twilight looks towards the source. Which happens to be Morbiss who was thought dead.

"Twilight... It's only beginning." A familiar voice says behind her.

Twilight turns around in time to meet face first to a yellow hoof that sends her sideways a bit. Twilight looks at her "friend" Fluttershy who stands bleeding from a few wounds while huffing.

"You can't interfere." Fluttershy says pointing at her horn, "I saw it."

Twilight hadn't even realized she had brought up a spell to fire at Morbiss. But at the same time she realizes how far this has come.

"Fluttershy... we can't let this go one. Celestia is dead." Twilight says on the verge of tears.

"I know... And a lot of guards are dead as well as servants." Fluttershy says calmly walking towards her.

Twilight almost considers shooting the spell at her friend. She considers it if it means stopping whatever is about to happen to happen. But Fluttershy tackles Twilight and pins her to the ground using strength she didn't know she had.

"Fluttershy sto-"

"You've done good Celestia, Fluttershy, and Nigel." A cool voice speaks out in a powerful tone.

Fluttershy and Twilight feels the cold power run through their body. Twilight looks with fear and Fluttershy simply watches Twilight for any sudden movements.

"Thank you Fluttershy for what you have done. And thank Nigel as well. Well Luna. It's me and you now. How about we take a break and-" He's cut off by a spear going past his head as a crying Luna stands with anger in her eyes.

Morbiss simply laughs sending blood to the floor with a cough following after. He holds up a hand shaking his head, "God that blood lust got the best of him. Nigel was right..."

"He warned you both..." Fluttershy says making sure Twilight is still down.

"I know... We never learn though." Morbiss says walking to the spear and taking it out of the ground and facing Luna.

Luna forms a sword as long as her body, flares out her wings, and flies with speed almost unmatched towards him. The spear and Sword clash for a second before the spear gives way and breaks apart and the sword slams deep into his chest going out the back. Luna flies up caring him with her by the sword and drops him towards the ground. As he falls she forms energy in her horn in the form of a ball and casts it down.

"Twilight we need to leave." Fluttershy says getting off of her and running out the throne room.

Twilight follows suit son after feeling how much power is indeed within the ball of energy.

Morbiss reaches out and grabs a hold of the ball and absorbs the energy slowly into his body healing the wounds faster and faster. He slams into the ground and his vision goes white as the ball goes off against his body and ground. Outside of the throne room the ball explosion goes further out ripping apart stone from walls sending ponies and an unfortunate griffin into walls killing or nearly killing them. It goes out everywhere and even send up a signal of power to those who can feel it. Even to those who can't feel it, if they're close enough they can.

Dust cloaks the area as Luna flies out of it and scans the ground for an energy signal. She still has tears on her face, some dried and some fresh. Luna prepares another blast when an energy blast of darkness clips her right wing sending her out off control. Luna is than cut off guard again following more blasts from the dust. Some of them miss, but the lucky shots hit her in the right wing twice and the chest once spilling blood to the ground below.

She comes down slowly throwing up multiple shield around her. She lands not to far from where she feels the energy source. There she flaps her wings clearing a good bit of dust revealing Morbiss with a bow that holds three arrows pointed at her. They fly out and hit Luna in the head, though it disappears, and the two other in her right fore leg. Luna whips her head sending out a line of energy that wraps around Morbiss' waist. She yanks her head towards herself and he comes flying.

She aims her horn for his gut and runs forward. Morbiss grabs her horn and twists enough to go around her head. He sends a pulse of energy off of him throwing her off balance and disrupting the balance of her magic. The rope of darkness lets go of him and drops him to the side. He lands oddly and falls to his right while Luna stumbles forward before whipping around towards him. She forms a sword and prepares to strike him.

He throws a burst of magic blinding her for a bit. She recoils a bit letting him stand and come forward. He uses all of his weight and strength to tackle her to the floor and punch her multiple times across her muzzle before she throws him off to her right. He brings up his shields and stands as Luna does the same. The two lock eyes of violence and slowly come towards each other. Morbiss forms a sword in his left hand and a dagger in his right.

Luna forms a trident to her side and stops before they both get to close.

"Now... Luna... how about we calm down and talk things out a bit."

"And let you regenerate as we do. I think not." She responds angrily, "You have acted against us and killed my sister. So now we must... we must avenge our fallen sister."

"Alright Luna... I wanted to at least fight fairly between us. But I guess not." Morbiss says giving his sword two low swings at his feet.

He raises up his dagger hand and extends his sword towards her, "Our dance shall be beautiful."

"Ah!"

Luna goes forward with a yell sending her trident forward. Morbiss gets his sword into the crock and twists it with the trident blowing the two apart. He throws the dagger, but it gets blasted away before it gets to her. Luan raises up still running and slams a hoof into his face. Morbiss takes the blow and keeps his head up and slams his fist into her gut and brings energy to it and fires quickly breaking three shields and sending her backwards.

"Just die already!" He yells as he backs up.

Luna roars and a blast of magic sends him flying and skidding across the floor where he slams into the royal doors. The right door opens and Twilight pops her head in.

"Hey Twilight... So... She's kicking my ass right now. Mind uh. Helping?" Morbiss asks scratching his head.

Twilight says nothing as he stands and places a hand on the slight hole in his chest. He tries to speed up the healing process to no avail.

"Damn..." He says shaking his head and taking uncertain steps forward.

Luna seems to be doing bad as well. Luna walks forward panting and bleeding from all kind of wounds. In fact, the blast to her stomach crushed a few of her internal organs. She coughs blood and falls to her forelegs shaking.

"Luna... We both have come far..." Morbiss says walking forward still.

Morbiss stands beside her as she falls to the right heaving as blood comes from her mouth. Morbiss shakes his head while looking into the dark sky. The moon had risen without anyone raising it. The sun had been fallen after the death of Celestia. Morbiss would say that the moon is trying to make up for a lack of time of being up. Even the cloud have cleared. He remembers Nigel's and his flight through the city enjoying the rain on his back.

"It's beautiful Luna. The stars and the moon itself. It's all beautiful. I wish I could've enjoyed it more." Morbiss says going to his knees slowly and stroking her neck.

Luna stares forward blindly barely aware of everything around her, "Please... don't...."

"Hey Fluttershy! I know you aint dead yet and neither is Nigel... Take care of my... I mean take care of Morbiss. He'll be confused and unsure of what has happened other than the torturing. He may have even forgot a lot of that since he has last been awake." Morbiss yells barely looking over his shoulder, "Twilight... Do you think things will be... better?"

"I can't say..." Twilight says shaking her head while walking towards the two dying creatures, "Are you alright? Are you both alright?"

"No... Luna's dying and so am I. In fact I should already be dead... But Luna still being here keeps me alive at least for a little bit. You can feel it can't you. Chaos and order slowly switching from their dominant and submissive roles."

Twilight didn't want to confirm that. She can easily tell that it's true seeing as the most powerful of beings can easily sense the flow of order and chaos magic better than anyone else. To think it would pull and push itself so much as soon as both were dead. Or in Luna's case dying.

"Morbiss... I'm scared."

Morbiss laughs and slumps to his left where Twilight stands and leans against her.

"You know Twilight... I never told you, but you have a very great magic inside of you. You're no Alicorn, but you sure as hell can fight like one if you put your mind to it." Morbiss says forming a dagger in his hand, "You can easily rule over all of this and put an end to a lot of things. Also you guys could've have killed me from the beginning. I lied when I said that I'm tied to there life and I wouldn't die as long as they lived. Though at first I figured you were weak... But looking at it now... oh well."

Morbiss throws himself to the right and sinks the dagger into Luna's skull making her eyes go wide from the pain and soon she goes lax and she gives a dying breath, "Time to join our brothers and sisters Luna... Celestia probably misses us already..."

Morbiss grabs his chest as an immense pain shoots through it. He falls forward unconscious as the dark magic of Luna and Morbiss leave from their bodies and disappear together. Twilight always wondered where magic went to when the host died. But at that moment she hops that both of them went somewhere nice.


Epilogue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight walks down the forest trail towards the castle of the old princess. Behind her walks Rainbowdash and Fluttershy dressed in leather equipment. Rainbowdash has a bow across her back and a quiver full of arrows to her left. Fluttershy wears daggers on her side. She even has a leather bag full of different types of throwing knives.

"Keep your eyes peeled." Twilight reminds the girls as the castle comes into view, "We don't know if they know about this place or not."

"Right." Rainbowdash says scanning the area.

They walk into the entrance room of the old castle and Twilight finds herself climbing up the stairs and into the throne room once again after so many years. Years? She can't believe it has truly been that long. Twilight stops before the throne where a note lies on the seat. She lets a sad smile come across her face as she levitates the letter up.

Dear Twilight,

I thank you for a lot of things. One letter me be here and two warning me of this world. I don't know how long I've been asleep, but I'm glad I at least have done a lot for you guys. I wish I could've been there, you know me, to actually help. I've read quite a bit of the books and have decided to roam the world a bit. Master Flint would tell me to do that anyway. I want to follow my own footsteps and see how I can help the world like it is now. They've done a lot and I should do what I can to help justify what they have done.

Oh yea before I forget. I'm here with Discord and he is taking me to where some others like himself may be. He said that there are other humans, not like me, that might be able to colonize together and form a new. We might be different than what we were before, but at least it's a start.

Twilight nods her head before turning around and rolling up the note and placing it in the bag on her right.

"Well he's going to be fine. He has Discord and I'm sure he'll be able to make friends along the way." She says walking for the entrance way of the throne, "Maybe we'll cross paths with him again."

"I hope..." Fluttershy says, "Nigel and I really have to beat some sense into him after what happened to make sure he doesn't drag people into something else like that."

"Speaking of Nigel." Twilight says looking towards the window.

Nigel flies into the room through the window with a smile on his face, "You found me out pretty fast."

"Well with that power that's still emanating off of you." Twilight says shaking her head.

"You know it's not nice to stalk around." Fluttershy says taking out a throwing knife, "You could get hurt if someone to mistake you for an enemy."

"Calm your ovaries." Nigel says landing beside Twilight, "How is our man?"

"He'll be fine. I don't know where he's heading, but if I follow Discord pattern based on what I'm sure to hear we'll get a general idea." She says walking out the door.

They all walk out and keep talking as they walk out of the castle and back to their border of Ponyville.


Discord flies about above the mouth of a cave forming a cotton candy torch and dropping it down into a man's hand. He holds it up with his right hand as they enter into it. In his left hand he holds a charm shaped as a though bubble. He has kept it with him for as long as he can remember. Luckily he had found it when he had.

The two enter the cave as they explore its content. As Discord said, a great cave that lies to the very north holds a secret so great it seems as if nobody can reach it except for the one it wants to.

"Can you see it Discord?"

Discord nods his goat like head before floating forward and forming a camera before taking a picture of it as it turns him into tourist. Discord float about the crystal like structure formed into tall buildings and small huts. It's truly glorious in all its beauty.

"Glorious." The man says trying to take it all in while making sure the cotton candy holds on its place hold.

"Yes it is my friend." Discord says standing beside him, "How much do you think people would pay to see this."

"From what you have told me, the crystal ponies probably wouldn't pay anything." He says chuckling.

He runs a hand through his hazel hair and places the torch down on a nearby window seal as they walk through the glowing building city.

"So where do we start?" Discord asks.

"Town center." He says pointing forward adventure style.

"Right!" Discord says changing into an adventure get up, "Let the hunt begin!"

"Hehe... You have changed so much."

"And so have you."

They both laugh and head towards the town center.


It has been years since the fall of Celestia and Luna. The world has thrown itself back into a war where Griffins and Ponies are the main fighting force. The fight along their allies at strategy points. The one that leads them is Twilight and Fluttershy. Upon hearing on what happened many turned against Twilight and her friends. Rarity blamed Twilight for everything and eventually killed herself. Applejack watched as there apple farm was burned to the ground and after that day she was never from again. Pinkie Pie left to look for a way to keep ponies happy.

Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rainbowdash were left with the duty of ruling in the absent spot. Many tried to upturn them, but Fluttershy, along with the help of Nigel, made sure they understand that fighting against them would be bad. Of course this only made them want to fight them more. Nigel put it upon himself to make sure to take care of rebellion leaders to the knowledge of only Fluttershy.

Fluttershy would never admit it, but Morbiss has rubbed off on her a lot. Twilight thinks he has, but she thinks it's only her imagination. Rainbowdash didn't really think much of her changed friend. Of course she was busy with her other changed friend so.

The kingdom of Ponies and Griffins have shrunk quite a lot. The minotaurs and Changelings have started encroaching on the land as well. Of course rumors are spreading that two weird creatures are keeping the changelings at a distance because a certain Alicorn has been threatened by them. Twilight could only guess who.

Though it's not all bad in the country of Equestria. A war has broke out and technology has started to get better. For one thing, they are trying to make better buildings and work to get used to the awkward days and night. After their death the sun and moon have been doing things themselves. The tide has changed and the chaos and order magic flow has been altered.

Other than that the dragons have decided it's time to show that they shouldn't be messed with. The dragon clans are gathering up and making sure they are kept out of this war. They have let both sides know this immediately and Twilight accepted this without grievance. The griffin on the other hand, or talon for them, see this as a sign of aggression. Though they don't act on it.

Thus the war was named the natural war. Nothing is too powerful and nobody fears anybody. The Ponies are doing great against their foes and the Griffins are struggling with their over cockiness. Of course not all the Griffins are fighting together. Some have gathered under Nigel the mad, as he has been dubbed, and sees him as the greatest griffin. Others disagree, but that is what has divided them. They can't stay strong if all their forces are divided.

Twilight has even thought about going below the apple range to see what lies beyond what they know. She knows a lot of mysterious lie down there and she hopes adventures will step forth to look for those secrets. Than again, she doubts Discord and Morbiss will leave a stone unturned. And for Discord that means literally. Thought they might leave a message for Twilight that they're waiting for her to discover.

The memorial for Celestia and Luna was private. The world already has so much to deal with so they decided not to get other involved with it. Of course ponies already had guessed that they were in fact dead. Many felt the power of that day and night. The day night rose faster than day.

These are the days of the present. The first era of Twilight Sparkle.

~End~