• Published 8th May 2014
  • 897 Views, 24 Comments

An Unexpected Turn - Dj8996



Basically, I'm living life as do normally, until an odd event occurs, which indirectly causes me to get sent to Equestria, equipped with nothing more than the clothes on my back

  • ...
3
 24
 897

A Strange Experience

Author's Note:

Quick reminder, This is chapter is more of an intro than anything. The next chapter, along with further chapters, will definitely be more interesting.

I was walking along the curb of the street, to my right, a forest preserve that faded into indiscernible darkness about 10 feet into it. It was the middle of the night, with massive grey clouds beginning to form overhead, blocking out the few stars that had remained visible throughout. Just moments after the clouds appeared. I felt that first raindrop on my face, and another, and another. Not so much as a minute later, it was already beginning to downpour.

“Well, so much for a dry, night walk,” I muttered under my breath, as I turned around to go back the way I came.
Thankfully, I was only about two blocks distance away from my home, so I started jogging along the concrete, until I eventually neared the dimly lit front door.

Now being completely out of the rain and cold, and inside warmth of the heater, I took off my shoes and jacket simultaneously, and tossed both to the side. I reached my arms skyward, and stretched my back until I heard a couple of solid cracks. Being now fully relaxed, I walked over to my bedroom and did the usual routine; Check Facebook, Gmail, YouTube, etc. I wasn’t too tired off hand, so I decided to put a little more work into the little fanfic I wrote out of boredom a few days ago, “A Rainbow In my Life”. I felt inspired to do so, after just recently watching the animation, “My Little Dashie”. It touched my heart in a certain way that brought out an older side of me, a side that I had hidden away in my subconscious long ago. That side was deep depression. Watching that video, made me realize that the world we all live in today, has so many things wrong with it, that listing every individual thing, would take years to do so. I did however get over it relatively quickly, as I usually do, rebounding from the mental pit known as depression, and going back to my usual happy self. But that didn’t separate me from the goal of writing my story.

I continued to type onto my keyboard, after a brief minute of deep thinking, and continued to do so for a few long hours. After those hours had passed, I had gotten a good two chapters down. I figured I needed to give the chapters themselves a title, so that’s what I did. For the first, I thought for a few moments, and quickly typed in, “Going about My Day”.
“Meh… It’ll have to do for now”, shrugging my shoulders to myself.

I immediately thought of the title for the second chapter, “Crash Landing”. I looked at it for a moment, ready to backspace, but I left it as it was. Besides, I couldn’t come up with anything better at the moment.
I shut my laptop slowly, and placed it onto my computer desk.

“That was kind of fulfilling”, I thought to myself, with a small grin forming at the corners of my mouth.
It may have been a little excess pride getting to me, but I actually felt pretty confident about my story, especially considering the fact that I’ve never written anything longer than a page or two. I turn off my lights, and pulled the covers over me, drifting off into sleep.

I opened my eyes, or at least I think I did. It was pitch blackness surrounding me on all sides, and the light level didn’t change as I blinked over and over again, out of confusion. Not a moment later, I see a white light flicker in the distance. I squinted at the dot in the distance, but no longer needed to, because the light was speeding towards me, getting much larger by the second. I felt my eyes force shut, as I put my arms in front of my face, preparing for impact.

I stood there for a moment, my arms now slowly lowering as I open my eyes yet again. The fore mentioned light, was now directly in front of me, standing about as tall as I did. Except that it wasn't a wall of light anymore, it seemed to be a portal, or at least that’s what it seemed to take on the shape of. An image began to form in the midst of it, slowly coming into view. It was a forest, and it was night time too, countless stars high up in the blackness of the sky.My curiosity was peaking at this point, so I reluctantly reached my arm into the portal, to see if I could step through it. It stopped midway through, feeling as if my arm was now locked in mid air. I tried pulling it back towards me, but It was stuck. I immediately, with all my bodily force tried pulling my hand out of it. After a minute of sheer struggling, I finally broke loose, but the moment I soon broke free, the image before me rippled, and I saw electricity crackling all around me, seeming to centralize from the image hovering in front of me. The electricity quickly grew in intensity, growing louder and brighter by the second. I looked into the image one more time, but only to see something standing there, a creature of some sort. The light was now almost fully engulfing me as I made out the purple figure, which was now running towards me. My eyes widen, now recognizing what was running towards me. I am immediately blinded by the sheer light at this point, and am forced to shut my eyes. Everything went quiet; I opened my eyes immediately, noticing that I was lying in my bed.

Still being shocked from that strangely vivid dream I had just experienced, one thought still flew about my mind, about the figure I’d just witnessed running towards me during those last couple of seconds of the dream. Another thing had struck me also, is that I was experiencing an odd, light tingling sensation throughout my entire body. It wasn’t however, the “Falling asleep on your arm/leg” sort of feeling. It felt very different somehow, I couldn’t explain it. The very next thing that comes into my mind, regarded the creature I saw running towards me in the dream.

“I could’ve sworn that that… was… Twilight Sparkle…” I said out loud to myself, whilst still shaking off the previous thought.