• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 484 Views, 16 Comments

New classmate. - Wacuire



CharmingScar sits down in his chair, just another school day, just like any other, a new pony in class was pretty much everything that stood out, first. Instead of joining one of the `groups´ she starts talking to him, and becomes his friend.

  • ...
0
 16
 484

Invitation

A few more days passed by, luckily there were no new tests coming up.

CharmingScar was on his way home after another day in school. Maybe I should get a christmas gift for her or something. He thought to himself. He kept looking for something to buy as he trotted down the streets, about half the way home something caught his eye. I guess this could work. He thought to himself, entered the store and a few minutes later he came out with a box, and started walking home. When he arrived he unlocked the door and went inside. He placed the box on the table for now and turned on the TV and crashed on the couch. After about an hour he got bored so he decided to take a walk. He left the house without any specific destination in mind.

FireCharmer took a sip of her hot chocolate, she closed her eyes and sighed. She looked at the ponies who passed by, some on their way home from work or school, some just hanging with their friends. She drank the rest of the hot chocolate, placed a few bits on the table and started heading home again. When her house was just a few blocks ahead, she could see four stallions ahead of her, she thought of just taking another way, but she decided not to, hoping the luck was with her. When she was just a few meters away one of them stepped in front of her.

’‘Hey! Where are you going?’’ One of the stallions said, and blocked her way.

’‘Home, where else?’’ She said coldly, trying to shove him to the side.

’‘Why can’t you just stay with us?’’ He said and laughed with his friends.

Great, she was cornered.

’‘HEY! What are you guys doing!’’ Somepony shouted. And after a few seconds she could see CharmingScar walking towards them.

’’Oh get lost! We’re just having some fun! Isn’t that right miss?’’ The stallion said.

’‘Just leave me alone!’’ She said, and once again, tried to shove him to the side.

’‘You hear the lady, just leave.’’ CharmingScar said, and took another step forward, standing eye to eye with the stallion, who must have been the leader of the group.

’‘Seriously, what is your problem?’’ The stallion said.

’‘You.’’ CharmingScar said coldly and pushed the stallion to the side.

’‘Just get lost!’’ The stallion said and punched CharmingScar in the face with his right forehoof.

CharmingScar took a step back, and a moment later he could taste blood in his mouth.

’’Is that really the best you got? Seriously? I’ve seen foals punch harder.’’ He said with a light laugh.

The stallion, now blinded of anger, punched as hard as he could manage, aiming for CharmingScars face. With a small smile, CharmingScar ducked, grabbed the forehoof and used the force from the punch to throw the other stallion away, who landed on his back behind him. He glared at the remaining three stallions, who seemed to have frozen in shock.

’‘Come on, let’s get out of here.’’ CharmingScar said.

FireCharmer slowly started walking, avoiding the stallion on the ground. Well, that was unexpected. She thought to herself.

’’Um... thank you.’’ FireCharmer said.

’‘Hey, no problem, you would’ve done the same for me.’’ He said, smiling.

’’I guess...’’ She said with a shrug.

They kept on walking for a few more minutes, not really saying much to each other.

’‘Well, this is my house.’’ She said.

’’So... I guess this is goodbye for now?’’ He said.

’‘Well, I could offer you something to drink at least, as a thank you for helping me?’’ She said with a small smile.

’’Um... that would be nice.’’ He said and smiled back.

FireCharmer unlocked the door and entered the house, followed by CharmingScar. It was slightly bigger, but she didn’t have much decoration in it yet, and you could still see a few boxes lying around the house.

’‘Why don’t you just sit down on the couch and I’ll get something to drink.’’ She said and walked into the kitchen. ’’Um... does cider work? Or are you a light drinker?’’ She shouted from the kitchen.

’’Um... I don’t know, but I guess a glass of cider couldn’t hurt...’’ He shouted back. And a few seconds later FireCharmer showed up with two big glasses of cider.

’‘There we go.’’ She said placed one of the glasses in front of CharmingScar and the other one next to it and sat down next to him. She took her glass and took a sip of it.

’’So, no plans for christmas yet huh?’’ CharmingScar asked, trying to get a conversation going.

’‘Actually, I do have some plans.’’ She replied.

’‘Mind if I ask you what?’’ He asked.

’’Um... I was wondering if you would like to spend it here with me.’’ She replied and gave him a sheepish smile.

’‘Um... sure, that would be great.’’ He replied, a bit shocked, but still gave her a warm smile.

’‘Great!’’ She said and took another sip of her cider.

It didn’t take long for a awkward silence to spread across the room, both of them just sat there, taking a sip of their glass of cider from time to time.

’‘You know, I actually moved here, to Ponyville just to get away from my class, friends, or if you could call them friends. Overall just to get away from everypony who knew me.’’ CharmingScar said breaking the silence.

’‘Wait, get away from everypony?’’ FireCharmer said, a bit confused.

’‘Yes, all of them treated me like crap, they didn’t care about what happened to me, and I couldn’t do much about it, I just acted like nothing had happened, always promising myself it would get better tomorrow, but it only got worse every day. Then when I finished 9th grade, I moved out, so they wouldn’t think I moved out just to get away from them, to just start over.’’ He stopped there. I can’t expect her to understand, she is a amazing pony, she probably just moved here to get closer to the school or something. He could feel the tears build up behind his eyes, he looked up, looking into FireCharmer’s sky blue eyes. He looked down and closed his eyes, forcing himself not to cry, not now, not here.

FireCharmer looked at CharmingScar, who had just been sitting there smiling, drinking cider, to the edge of crying. She thought back of her old school, ponies calling her a showoff, ponies always taking each others sides in a argument, just to make her lose it. She moved to Ponyville just because it was a nice town, everypony helped each other out when needed. When she had first gotten here, everything had changed, it had gotten better, just coming to school without any negative comments felt amazing. But she still chose to become friend with the CharmingScar, who had just been sitting there, alone. She wrapped her hooves around him in a comforting hug, slowly patting him on his back.

’‘It’s gonna be okay, it’s gonna be okay.’’ She whispered in his right ear, hugging the sobbing unicorn, who had returned the hug and buried his head in her left shoulder.

They sat there for what seemed like just a few minutes, but must have been at least two hours because it was pitch black outside. Then CharmingScar broke the hug, he had calmed down a long time ago but he still hadn’t broke the hug until now.

’‘Thank you, you are a true friend.’’ He said and smiled warmly at FireCharmer.

’‘Hey, what are friends for?’’ She said and returned the smile.

’‘Well, I need to get going now, school tomorrow. Well, I guess I see you then.’’ He said and got out of the couch.

FireCharmer showed him to the door and waved goodbye as he left, when he was out of sight she closed the door, and started preparing some food.