• Published 2nd Apr 2012
  • 1,612 Views, 19 Comments

The Gift - Twilicorn



A one-shot TwinkiePie romance.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,612

After The Gift

Twilight Sparkle laid in her room, curled in a small ball. She had been there, rocking back and forth for roughly three hours, and the sun was just beginning to set, its golden rays disappearing over the hills beyond Ponyville. Suddenly, she heard a small, light knocking on her door. Wiping the tears from her face with the hoof that wasn't numb from being laid on for three hours, she used her magic to slowly pull open the door.

"Twilight? I made you some dinner. Um..." He never had been good with personal things. "Do you want to tell me about what happened? It's okay if you don't," he insisted. "And do you want to eat in here, or at the table?" Twilight sniffled, pulling a tissue magically over and blowing her nose.

"I-I can eat at the table, thank you Spike. And we can talk over dinner. What did you make?"

"Scrambled eggs, blueberry pancakes, a large carton of your favorite-Strawberry Ice Cream, and some soup." Twilight let out a half-hearted giggle at his attempts to make foods that went together, then walked out to the table. He had dimmed the lights, lit a few candles.

"I know it looks romantic, but I just wanted you to relax. In one of those meditation books you have, it says candles are relaxing!" He scurried off to put the food on plates, and she sat down at her spot at the table. The napkins had been folded into various shapes, although the swan's neck was collapsing. Spike waddled out with the food, setting it in her spot, then sitting across from her, on the other side of the roughly five hooves long table. "So what happened Twi?"

Twilight sniffled again, then started talking. "Spike, what do you think of... fillyfoolers?" She hesitated at the word.

"Well, it doesn't really matter what type of pony a pony likes, does it? Love is love and all that."

"The reason I sent you off wasn't to get you that gem. It was to get a necklace made in the shape of Pinkie's cutiemark. I gave it to her today, and told her... told her I loved her. And she kissed me, but then she laughed. She thought I was joking, because it's April Foals day today! Of all the days I could've done this, I had to choose the day where everypony plays pranks!" Spike glanced around suspiciously, then sneakily removed the joy buzzer from his hand.

"I'm sorry Twilight! Hey, do you want some whipped cream for your pancakes?" She nodded, and Spike grabbed the bottle of shaving cream from under his chair, then darted off to the kitchen to throw it in the trash and grab the real bottle. "Here you go, Twi!" She sprayed some on her pancakes, then ate a nice dinner of mismatched foods.

---*---

Twilight yawned, stretching her hooves out over the headboard. I think I need a new bed, she thought to herself, then walked over to the bathroom. She fixed her hair, lightly polished her horn, and checked her horseshoes. "Pretty good," she smiled, then walked out into the living room. What she saw there shocked her for life.

Pinkie Pie sat there, her eyes wide with tears and her mane and tail flatter than cardboard. She crawled over to Twilight, stopping at her feet.

"T-Twilight! I-I'm so sor-sorry!" She stuttered through her tears. "Why was I so mean? You were so clearly serious, and I went and turned it all into a joke! Can you ever forgive me?" She begged, more tears falling slowly down her face.

Twilight shook her head, only momentarily confused. "Of course Pinkie! I was going to ask for your forgiveness, for making you so uncomfortable!" She leaned down and mussed with Pinkie's hair. "You're a silly-filly if you thought I wasn't going to forgive you!" Pinkie's hair sprang up faster than a mousetrap, and she tackled Twilight, kissing her quite passionately.

Sheesh, she's good at this, thought Twilight, as real fireworks went off, set by Spike himself.