• Published 19th Apr 2014
  • 2,691 Views, 83 Comments

Celestia's Pride And Regret - MellowBrook



Reactions to Twilights death if the Elements killed her instead of turning her into an alicorn.

  • ...
9
 83
 2,691

Chapter 8. Mane 5

Author's Note:

Well here it is, my newest chapter.
I hope y'all like it, and as always many thanks to my editor Zerxies.

Pinkie's face lit up as she read the letter again. She really needed to get everypony over to the library. First she had to find everypony and tell them about Spike's predicament. Now if she were Applejack, where would she be?

She laughed as she said out loud, “Well duh you silly Pinkie, she'd be at Sweet Apple Acres! Duh.”

And so Pinkie bounced off towards Sweet Apple Acres.

• • • • Sweet Apple Acres • • • •

“Rares is that you?” Applejack asked, peering through the gloom.

“Who else would walk all the way out here in the dark, darling?” Rarity replied.

“Applejack, I have a question that I need you to answer as honestly as you can.

“Oookay, what is the question”, Applejack asked hesitantly.

"Filthy Rich told me I was overly dramatic and self centred. Do you think he's right, Applejack? I've always known I was dramatic, but I’m not overly dramatic, am I?"

“Well, ummm, well yeah. Yeah you are.” Applejack Continued, “But you are also the most generous pony that I have had the good fortune to call my friend. To me this outweighs your dramatizations.” She added on looking rather sheepish.

Rarity took a minute or two to absorb what she had just heard before asking, “Do you promise that is the truth?”

Applejack responded with the barest hints of a smile on her face, “Yes, I Pinki-”

• • • • Somewhere in Ponyville • • • •

Pinkie stopped, she heard something just at the edge of her hearing. It almost sounded like somepony somewhere was making a Pinkie Promise. Wait, a Pinkie Promise was being made which was like the most important thing ever! Spike could wait a minute while she went and checked it out.

• • • • Back At Sweet Apple Acres • • • •

“-e Promise”

“I FOUND you!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Was that Pinkie?” Rarity asked perplexed.

“It sure as hay sounded like her, but I don't see her.” Applejack replied just as confused.

“Can I get some help down here?” Pinkie asked, her voice coming from below.

Rarity and Applejack both turned their heads down in tandem and saw Pinkie's face in between the planks of the porch.

“How in the hay did ya get down there? Applejack asked baffled.

“I dunno” Pinkie replied just as confused as Applejack, “I just heard someone making a Pinkie Promise and thought I should go check it out.”

“That still don't explain how ya got under my porch Gah, anyways if you can turn around and crawl out that way, there is an opening we use to get underneath there.”

“Okie dokie lokie” Pinkie replied Cheerily.

A minute later Pinkie came up to join them on the porch.

“It's a good thing you made that promise by the way. Spike wants us to throw him a party!” Pinkie exclaimed happily.

“Spike wants us to throw a party for him?” Applejack asked skeptically.

“Yup!” Pinkie replied before going on, “Isn’t it great?

“I guess, but throwing parties is kind of your thing darling, whatever do you need us to do?” Rarity asked.

“Just go to Fluttershy’s cottage, she will be waiting for you there. Pinkie said.

“What about Dash?" Applejack asked, wanting to know how her friend was doing.

“She is going to meet us at Fluttershy's cottage.” Pinkie said.

Rarity in turn said, “Pinkie, you are aware that nopony knows where Fluttershy has been, right?”

“Dash told me that she talked to Fluttershy today, anyways what are we waiting for let's go!” Pinkie said excitedly.

“Wait, you talked with Dash?” Rarity asked sounding rather surprised.

“Yup, and she told me to meet them at Fluttershy’s cottage,” Pinkie said with a smile.

With that they took off in the direction of Fluttershy's cottage, eager for them all to be reunited once more.

• • • • Fluttershy's Cottage • • • •

Fluttershy stood next to Dash Waiting for the rest of her friends to come join them.

“So Spike wants us to throw him a party?” Fluttershy asked.

“Apparently, I am not too sure on the specifics.” She continued, “We should probably wait on Pinkie for the rest of the details.” Dash responded sounding uncertain.

“I think I see them!” Fluttershy said with glee.

Sure enough there was Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie on the path leading up to the cottage.

When they got there Rarity asked, “Okay so may I see this note now?”

“Sure thing.” Pinkie responded as she handed the note to Rarity.

As Rarity read the note over she started to shake. Tears formed in her eyes as she asked, “Pinkie I thought you said this note told us to throw Spike a party?

“It does.” Pinkie replied, sounding more confused now.

“Pinkie, this is a ransom letter. Somepony might do something terrible to Spike if we don't pay them.” Rarity said voice shaking.

“But nopony hurts anypony anymore. Plus look at the way he talked, Spike wrote that letter, it wasn’t anypony else. If Spike could send me that letter then he could have burned whoever caught him, right?” Pinkie asked now unsure.

Pinkie's mane seemed to deflate some as she realized that this letter was not Spike asking for a party.

“Why that punk thinks he can hurt our friend do they? Well I am going to show them!” With that Rainbow took off in the direction of the library.

“We should probably follow her and make sure she doesn't get herself hurt.” Applejack said with a sigh.

With that the quartet of friends took off towards the library.

• • • • Sometime Later At The Library • • • •

When the group reached the library, they found Rainbow waiting for them.

“I was afraid to go in on my own.” She admitted sheepishly.

Applejack walked up to the door, “Well we are all here now and as ready as I reckon we will ever be.” With that she opened the door.