• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 837 Views, 17 Comments

Sombra's Triumphant Return - GrandSpellcaster



It's been a few years sense Sombras's crusshing defeat and he has been aching for revenge, but with his body destroyed. He's going to need some help.

  • ...
4
 17
 837

Chapter 2: The Ritual

Sombra stood on a ledge overlooking the interior of Chrysalis's hive, he was watching the drones buzz about doing their various tasks, he was smiling. He was reminded of how his slaves would scurry around trying not to displease him. "Lord Sombra..." a Changeling interrupted his train of thought; this made him want to rip off the weak things wings. But he wasn't allowed to hurt the Changelings, Chrysalis wouldn't let him.

"Yes whelp." he replied in a booming voice.

The now startled Changeling crouched slightly and continued "We are ready for you."

"Are you, you have the three unicorns, the altars, the candles, and the cloaks, all to my specifications?" He asked with a subtle grin.

"Yes Lord." The Changeling said looking down.

"Good" Sombra said his grin widening to reveal his wicked teeth. "Lead on" he said and the Changeling rose and walked away. Sombra followed, keeping an eye out for hidden Changelings, there was always a few that Chrysalis would send to keep an eye on him; he made a game of it. If he found one he would punish them for failing their queen.

He was led into a dark room lit only by the candles that the six cloaked Changelings were holding. They were evenly spaced around a three stone altars, on each of the altars were unicorns tied down. They were lying so that their horns were facing inward towards the center of the circle that had been drawn on the ground.

Sombra whistled cheerfully as he neared the center of the chamber. "Soon, very soon" he said softly.

"Please don't do this, we haven't done anything" one of them pleaded.

Another chimed in "Yah, we're good ponies."

The last one screamed, "For the love of Celestia let us go."

"Ha ha ha" Sombra let out low laughing, "Why would I let you go? You all have important roles, in society, and in my plan, oh and I hate society."

"You don't have to do this." one of the mares said starting to cry.

"Of course I don't have to do this... I want to and that's all that matters."

He walked into the center of the circle and removed his horn; he gently placed it down on the ground so that the tip was pointing upwards. Almost immediately two Changelings flew down and grabbed his former host pulling him out of the circle. The cloaked Changelings began to chant "Dominus revertar ad formam" over and over again.

Sombra's horn began to spark with the dark energy; several dark tendrils shot out from the tip and latched onto the horns of the unicorns. The unicorns’ magic activated and began to flow into Sombra's horn. The horn slowly rose into the air and more tendrils appeared underneath it. They writhed uncontrollably for a while and started to define a skeletal shape of a pony. Soon a real skeleton had formed.

The poor unicorns that were strapped down had begun to wither and started to look malnourished. As the skeleton began to add muscle and nerves the ponies started to literally become skin and bones. The skin was gone soon enough as the body needed it. In the last moments of the ritual the skeletons turned into dust with only their horns remaining.

The body was slumped onto the ground, motionless. Chrysalis stepped forward from the shadows, and she was just about to enter the circle when Sombra's new body jumped to life. He turned quickly towards and fell over his new hooves, "darn legs aren't finished yet." he grumbled his chin resting on the ground, he was now facing her. "Tell me, are the horns still there?"

"Yes" Chrysalis answered him. "Why does that matter?"

"That's none of your business."

"This is my hive and that means it's my business." She said getting angry with him.

"I can use their horns as magic conduits" He said standing up and wobbling out of the circle, "would you gather the horns? My body needs time to rest and rebuild, I'll be in my quarters. When I wake we will implement our plan to conquer the Crystal Empire." He said, and then he ordered a Changeling to help him to his quarters.

"Now that he has his body he's at least ten times as dangerous." Chrysalis said to one of her Changelings. "Keep an eye on him, and if he does something against the Hive inform me immediately. Do not act against him unless directly ordered by me."

"Yes my Queen" it said then burst into flames and vanished.

She turned towards another Changeling, "Take Mirid to the infirmary and try to get any sliver of information about the king that you can."

"Yes ma'am", it said walking over to two of the cloaked Changelings and the three of them went over to Mirid and mover him out of room.

Author's Note:

What do you suppose Sombra really wants those horns for?