• Published 14th May 2014
  • 615 Views, 2 Comments

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy's day out - thinko97



Pinkie pie and Fluttershy don't hang out often and don't necessarily bond, but Pinkie has come up with a way to fix that!.. As long as it's okay with Fluttershy of course.

  • ...
0
 2
 615

The ever free forest~

"Why are we starting our adventure in here, Pinkie?... It's so scary... And unnatural... I hate it," Fluttershy said to Pinkie Pie, with a little bit of fear in her voice.
"Because, Fluttershy! The Everfree forest is the least explored place in all of Equestria! Who knows, we might discover something new!"
"I sure hope not... Not in here, at least..." Fluttershy whispered to herself as she trod closely behind Pinkie Pie. They continued deeper into the Everfree forest, past the poison-joke, which they avoided, and past Zecora's place, and still continued.
Then, Pinkie stopped suddenly, taking in a very large inhale as she was looking through her saddle bag.
"Wh-what is it, Pinkie?" Fluttershy stuttered.
"I can't find my investigator's magnifying glass!" Pinkie responded. "And without that, how am I going to find any small and adorable creatures?!" she continued.
"Oh no, that is bad." Fluttershy responded.
"I know, right?! Now I just have to look extra, extra carefully... Aw~ man~." Pinkie whined.
"Oh, look at this little guy!" said Fluttershy as she pointed at a tiny little creature. It looked similar to a parasprite, but didn't have wings, and didn't multiply like a parasprite would. "Can we take him on our trip? Please?~" Fluttershy asked.
"Of course we can!" Pinkie responded, excited about their new companion. As they continued deeper into the Everfree forest, Fluttershy became more and more uncomfortable, feeling as if something bad was going to happen, partly because Pinkie Pie's Pinkie sense kept going off, but nothing would happen. It seemed very suspicious to her as she kept walking behind her. "Hey Pinkie," Fluttershy called, "what do you think we should call this little guy?" Fluttershy asked, trying to get her mind off of the horrors of the
Everfree forest... Which... Were... Nonexistent at this moment...

"Hmmm, I think we should name him~~ Bob!" Pinkie responded.
"Hmm, Bob seems to be a good name." Then she turned to the parasprite-like creature. "Do you like the name Bob?" It jumped up and down with a smile directed at Fluttershy. "Ok, then your name from now on shall be Bob."
"Yay~ I named something new~! Hahaha hehehe!" Pinkie beamed. Pinkie was watching everything closely, to see if she could find anything as adorable as what Fluttershy had found. "Aw~ I can't find anything without my magnifying glass," Pinkie moaned
"Sure you can, Pinkie, you just have to look harder, not closer," Fluttershy responded.
Pinkie took yet another extremely large inhale. "I know what you mean!" she said, with the expression of sudden realization on her face. So then, they continued their rather... Peaceful 'adventure' through the Everfree forest. Then they finally came to a problem: a fork in the road. Pinkie had a way to go in no time at all thanks to her Pinkie sense, though... Still have no idea how that works -- "ME NEITHER!! Hehe!" - AHH!.. Um Pinkie, stop breaking the fourth wall like that, it's making Fluttershy think you're more insane than everypony else thinks you are... Silly! "Yeah, I guess you're right, when ponies see me talking to you, they think I'm talking to someone who isn't there... And then I remember that I'm the only one who can see and talk to you, I'm forgetful like that.." She squee'd, which was something only Fluttershy was supposed to do. Try to maintain how much you talk to me and focus on talking to who ever is with you at the time. "Yeah, I guess you're right again, I'll stop talking to you for now."
"Um... Pinkie... Who are you talking to? You're scaring me... Has the Everfree forest made you insane?" Fluttershy began to panic.
"Hehe, no, silly! I think I just need something to eat. Come on, let's have a picnic!"
"In the middle of the Everfree forest? Oh... I don't know about that, Pinkie... Would that be wise?"
"Of course it would be! I have my picnic basket and everything!"
"You never told me you packed a picnic basket back at the cottage..."
"Didn't I? Hehe, sorry, Fluttershy, I guess I was too carried away in having my hat of adventurous adventures!"
"Yeah... I guess you were," Fluttershy responded.

As time passed and they enjoyed their snack time they continued on their exploration of the 'not-so-scary Everfree forest', as Pinkie decided to call it. But, as they got to the other side of the Everfree forest, the inevitable happened: they bumped into something scary, and this something scary was huge, and very mean looking, for it was a giant manticore! Fluttershy gasped. "Oh no, I knew that this would happen," said Fluttershy as she began to whimper behind her tail
"You knew this would happen? Why didn't you tell the rest of us?!" Pinkie paused for a moment, then laughed. "Ha! How are you supposed to face your fears like that, my dear friend Fluttershy?" Pinkie responded as she cleverly eluded the giant manticore's claws. "See how slow he is? Come on now, quick, Fluttershy!"
"O-okay." She closed her eyes and used her wings to fly past the manticore while Pinkie Pie distracted it, making it look the other way, then bobbed on over to Fluttershy who was already near the exit of the Everfree forest, and she was not stopping. "H-hey, Fluttershy, slow down, you're going to miss the pretty exit of the Everfree forest!" Pinkie exclaimed. As Fluttershy opened her eyes again, to see the manticore behind them and the beautiful scenery in front of them, she put her hooves back on the ground and proceeded to walk and take in the beautiful sights, which they had not seen for a very long while of being in the Everfree forest... But then... What was this place?