• Published 15th Apr 2014
  • 2,066 Views, 17 Comments

One gone, Two made - loveismagic99



Spike gets older and leaves, returning after an unexpected time.

  • ...
9
 17
 2,066

The Departure

The little group of friends stood at the clearing, obviously uncomfortable at the situation. Spike was standin front of them, a full 6 feet high, not even fully grown yet. He was furious and fuming at the group. "I can't fit in your homes, I scare the fillies and colts, and you want me to still stay?!"

Twilight managed to speak up. "Well if course Spike! Why shouldn't you stay?" She asked innocently enough but Spike narrowed his eyes at her.

"Because I am a pet to you guys. I've outgrown my usefulness so I made this choice." He answered in barely contained anger. "If that isn't so, then look me in the eye and say so."

He slowly looked each of his friends in the eyes, but none looked back. He stood up and huffed at them. "I gave everything for you all, now I have nothing left." Rarity tried to speak but he cut her off. "I loved...no I love you Rarity. I will miss you most." He placed a kiss on his talon and gently touched it to Rarity's cheek.

Suddenly, with a beat of his powerful wings, Spike took off in a dash towards the sky. His take-off left behind a huge gust of wind. This wind ruffled and messed with the group's manes. Each pony was shocked in their own way.

Rarity stood there, feeling a part of her heart shatter at the sight. She was the first to recover. She planted her hooves and screamed as loud as she could. "SPIKE GET BACK HERE SO I MAY TELL YOU I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!" She collapsed then, sobbing at the speck in the sky.

This caused the others to recover as well. They all rushed their sobbing friend to comfort here. Rarity just leaned into Twilight, sobbing pitifully. "I love him, Ilove HIM!" She repeated over and over, her heart feeling empty. Twilight nodded and comforted the sobbing unicorn. "I know Rarity. We all knew." Rarity just cried harder, remembering his words. The group of friends just walked Rarity home silently.

They arrived at Rarity's buotique in silence. The friends sat down in the living room while Rarity played host and went to the kitchen to make tea and prepare a tray of mini cakes. She was crying the entire time but managed to keep her tears out of the tea and food. She wiped her eyes and walked back into the living room floating both trays with her magic.

The friends hushed and watched their dishevled friend. They thanked her each in turn as they recieved their tea and mini cakes. They sat in silence for a while till Twilight stood up. " I must be leaving girls, I have to help Spike arrange the library this week." She patted her friend's shoulder as she walked out. In turn, each friend left the lovely boutique. Sweetie Belle came in and they cried together, in eachother's arms.