• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 1,834 Views, 46 Comments

Big Brother - JT



Loyalists, Heretics, I just wanted peace.

  • ...
6
 46
 1,834

Orphanage

The duo walked through the brush, Derpy's small body weaving in and out of the offending foliage, while the Astartes simply crushed them underfoot.
'He sure is strange. Heck, I don't even know his name.'

Derpy looked back to the giant, his massive frame overshadowing her, she looked at his armor, the beautiful white paint crossed with shades of an olive green. Over what she assumed to be his head, was a pearl white hood, trimmed with black and gold. On his shoulders rested a enormous set of Pauldrons, making his head seem small in comparison. Along the side of his hip, was what looked like a huge metal sword, the blade replaced with vicious looking teeth. Next to it was a smaller blade sheathed in a dull green sheath. On the side of his leg was a strange metal box, with metal ribs extending over a glowing blue part. She noticed a sort of skull flanked with wings on his pauldrons and a doubleheaded eagle just below his head.

"So, what's your name?"

The giant barely even spared her a glance, instead his head was twisting to and fro, as if he were looking for something.

"I am Tyrelius, of the Death Wing Chapter."

Derpy hummed at this new found discovery, her new protector and parent's name was Tyrelius, Such a strange name.

The two marched through the forest, the trees giving way and becoming more sparse, soon, a field came into view, and the starry sky shedded the canopy and shone its brilliance upon them. They kept marching through the tall grass of the field, Derpy giggling every now and then as the grass tickled her. She kept giggling even as she felt a massive hand reach down and pick her up, and place her on Tyrelius's shoulder. She 'awe'd and oohed' at the height of which she now found herself.

"Wow, Tyrelius! Is this always what it's like for you?"

"Yes, small one, now, where do I take you?"

Derpy thought for a moment, before finally deciding.

"We'll go to my old house, I'll sstay there and then I'll come see you after school tomorrow!"

"Very well then child, Let us go."

The next few hours passed by silently, the duo passed by a sign that read 'Ponyville! Best place around!'

Luckily it was nighttime, and Tyrelius was unseen by any of the denizens, as they were asleep.
After Derpy gave Tyrelius some directions, the pair came to an old rundown house, the floor barely able to stay standing because it was so rotted, Derpy gave Tyrelius a hug and hopped down off of her perch, went inside and closed the door, leaving the Astartes to return back to his Thunderhawk.

Author's Note:

Short chapter I know, but I have Strep throat right now and I just really didn't too good. So anyways,
Thanks for reading and stay well!