• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 998 Views, 23 Comments

Doctor of the Lance - Silver Page



Sixty years. A long time for anyone. Even longer for a mad scientist who desires to learn everything about the world to be trapped in another world. And Equestria, a land of magic, is the perfect place for his studies...

  • ...
8
 23
 998

Chapter 1 – Child of Mephistopheles / Kind von Mephistopheles

Chapter 1 – Child of Mephistopheles / Kind von Mephistopheles

Something big was coming. He could feel it in the air, the slight tingling sensation of power, arcane magics gathering and weaving some incomprehensible spell. Johan Faust the Thirteenth smirked as he set up various charms, analysis devices, capture crystals, and other bizarre implements around his home. It happened often in this magical realm, vast disturbances in the magical fields correlating to seasonal changes, motions of the celestial objects, and configurations of various sources. Whatever was coming, was going to be earth shattering.

Johan wiped his brow with the back of his hand, pushing a crick out of his back as he finished setting up for whatever was coming. He wanted test samples and readings. Still, in his sixty plus years of living here, he had never felt so much power right before the event. Like a static charge heralding a storm, he could practically taste the energy in the air. He looked up into the sky, the sun only just starting to creep upwards. Dawn was new, but already his work began. He walked around his home, observing it and the set up.

Johan Faust lived in a rather large mansion. Red brick walls and a roof made of slate shingles loomed beneath thick trees. Steel drain pipes snaked their way around the roof and terminated above two large rain barrels. Massive marble pillars held up a patio roof made of stone and wood, the latter painted a drab olive green. The pillars themselves were choked with climbing vines and ivy, but they were carefully cultivated with an expert hand. Three steps led up to the porch, and the door was a thick slab of hard wood, with a brass door knocker. A nicely trimmed yard was surrounded on all sides by a low brick fence, with a steel gate some feet away.

It was his, renovated from an old, run down building he had bought years ago, and now used as his home base. It was lovely and quaint. Johan was proud of it. A gravel lined path led from the gate down a mile or so towards a lovely little city called Trottingham. When he had first come to this land, he had groaned something fierce at the horse puns. He’d gotten used to it, but never over it. How could one, when their homeland was parodied as a city-state called Germaneigh!

Shaking his head clear, he headed back inside his home, unlocking the door with a thick iron key he carried. Once inside, he locked the door, and proceeded to his laboratory for an quick experiment before breaskfast. Up a flight of stairs to the second floor, then around some corridors and past some doors. He stood before a plain, white painted door, identical to all the others save for the words “study” engraved on a bronze plate above the door frame, and pulled out a second key. This one was smaller and crafted from a rare obsidian like stone, carefully charged with a spell. He inserted the key and with a “click!” it opened.

If anyone without the key were to open the door, it would reveal a simple study, with a bookcase filled with medical texts, and a desk laden with papers. A small circular window allowed in some light and an old fashioned oil lamp. Nothing special or spectacular.

But if you opened the door with his black, stone key, you entered Johan Faust’s secret laboratory. A short corridor was before him, and he shut the door behind. He walked to the end of the corridor where another door, this one steel, awaited him. A third key was removed, this one also iron but far less thick like the one to his front door. Opening this door, a pungent stench of disinfectant fluids assailed his nostrils. He was used to it now, however. Even back home in Germany he had gotten used to it.

Here were a number of doors, and several closets and cubbyholes, with dull eggshell white walls. He slipped off his work clothes and hung them in a closet. He then removed from a second, different closet, a long white lab coat, rubber surgical gloves, and a mask to cover his mouth and nose. Absentmindedly, he pushed up his thick lensed glasses as he dressed. Finished, he walked back out, but when through a nearby door. In this new room was a stainless steel operating table, far larger than normal, but adjustable to any body size. Just like the plastic and leather straps for holding down the bodies. Good for any size.
He walked over to a door and unlocked it with a fourth key, this one smaller than all the rest. In this room was a horror show. Several cages lined the walls, each one ten feet tall and twice that wide. They were not unlike jail cells, but with far more sinister purpose. All of them had stains on the floors and bars, from all manners of fluids. But mostly blood. The walls were painted an off white color so the dark stains stood out vividly to an observer.

Only one cage was occupied. In it was a creature on inhuman origins, but oddly similar structure. It had hands with five digits, each analogous to his own fingers, it had a pair of slightly large well-shaped breasts revealing it to be female and mammalian. A vaguely humanoid appearances with it walking on two legs, having the general outline of a human, and hands. That was where the similarities ended, however. Over its skin was a thin coating of fur, oddly colorful. Its feet were back jointed and ended in hooves. A tail made of long silky hair poked out where its spine met is buttocks, or “flank,” near where a human tail bone might be. Its head was equine in structure, with flat grinding teeth for plants in a stubby muzzle and snout. Its eyes were wide and expressive, easily twice the size of a human eye, though they were less of an orb and more of a plate. Topping the head was a long mane, scraggily and dirty, like the rest of her, from days of imprisonment.

And last, but not least, was what fascinated Johan the most. A horn, made of bone connecting to the skull by covered in a thin layer of skin and cartilage, finished off by a svelte layer of fur of similar color to their coat. This appendage allowed her to use magic, which was what Johan researched down in his lab. What was it? Where did it come from? How did work, and how could you control it? Around her throat was a black collar, made of metal and crystals, which shut off her ability to use magic, and also as a side effect cut off her speech. He wasn’t sure why, but it did what it did. He had designed it himself for use among any of the pony races.

Yes, that was what they called themselves. Ponies. Closely related to horses, like humans were to apes, but with enough differences to be a whole other species.

“Time to get up, my dear,” Johan cooed, smiling as he walked over and unlocked her cage’s door. He used a fifth key for it. He reached into one of his pockets and removed a horn, severed from a unicorn long ago. He had stripped it of its fur and cartilage sheath, and now it was a bleached white shard of bone. The mare’s eyes widened at the sight, and she whimpered softly, unable to talk. Johan pointed the tip of the horn at her, and a dark purple chain shot forth from it and latched onto the collar. He forced his magic and will through the phantasmal link, and slowly the mare stood, trembling, and she followed Johan out of the cage into the room with the surgical table. She wept, tears spilling down her face, some of them sizzling as they hit the chain and evaporated.

She was naked, her clothes stripped from her, and no personal effects anywhere on her person. Yet Johan felt no stirrings of lust or desire towards her. She was inhuman. An animal for his experiments, a tool for his desire to obtain knowledge.

With his magic, Johan forced the mare onto the table, and swiftly bound her legs, arms, and tail in place. Finally, he placed a grey ring around her horn, then popped the black collar off her throat. Preparations were done. He then went over to a bench with a large black radio like device on it, and flipped a switch on it. A hum, then silence. A red light blinking slowly on it the only sign of it working. Then, he went and removed a clipboard and pen from another bench, and turned to the mare, severed horn still in hand.

“Name and age, dear,” Johan asked, voice hardly muffled by the mask he wore.

“Wh…?” the mare began, but he raised the horn, and a purple aura flickered around the tip.

“Name and age, dear,” he repeated, his calm demeanor now radiating menace.

“W, Wish Burst, age 21,” She gasped, trying not to cry as magic filled her thoughts and forced her to talk.

“Wish Burst. Age 21. Species, Unicorn. Coat color pale pink, mane and tail color dark, almost navy blue with a lighter sky blue stripe running through the middle,” Johan Faust said aloud, repeating it all for the recorder nearby. He then scribbled it all down on his clipboard. Carefully, he set it down, with the pen, and pushed a trolley over to the table’s edge. The trolley was filled with sharp, shiny tools. Scalpels and forceps. Drills and syringes. All manner of surgical equipment, along with some more arcane look items, such as a long needle with red bulbs along the edge, or a variety of potion bottles and salves.

Wish Burst began to scream and thrash against her bonds as she tried to escape, but Johan raised his unicorn horn and silenced her with a jolt from it. She sobbed, but made no noise.

“I am now going to implant a number of monitoring devices into the subjects body. Some will enter her brain, another with be placed into her thaumata gland, which seems to be the organ dedicated to producing magic. It is located in the upper regions of the cerebellum. Of interesting note is that all species of Pony have a thaumata gland, but only Unicorns tap into it directly, and with special nerves from their horn stem. I want to see what her reactions are to the magic that is about to occur. I feel that the slowly building energy I’ve noticed all of yesterday and this morning will be released sometime tonight or early morning tomorrow.”

Johan raised the various tools and artifacts, and gave Wish Burst a small pitying look.

“I’m really sorry to do this, you know. But I must learn all I can about magic. My ancestor, Johan Faust the First, was said to have made a deal with the devil to learn all he wanted. Foolish oaf. You must earn knowledge with your own efforts. So please relax, my dear, but take solace in the fact that this is for a greater cause. For science.” With that, he leaned over her, and Wish Burst screamed silently throughout.

Many hours passed, and the sun was starting to set. Outside the door to Johan’s manor was a beautiful Earth Pony mare, waiting patiently as she knocked on the bronze door knocker.

She wore a low cut dress the color of wine, which complemented her pale yellowish brown coat very well. Her mane and tail were dark blue with alternating stripes of a lighter blue. Green eyes hid laughter and good nature, while her bust tried to explode out of her dress. Unseen and hidden by her outfit was her cutie mark, a bottle of milk surrounded by angel wings.

A few moments later, the door swung open and a tall, handsome Unicorn stood before her. His coat was an off white, like milk, while his mane and tail were black as shadows. He wore a battered dark brown smokers jacket, though he claimed he had never smoked in his life, and wore some well-tailored black dress pants.

“Ah, Miss Way. A pleasure to see you again.” The Unicorn bowed deeply, to which the mare giggled.

“Oh, come off it Spell Pact. You can act like a fool all you want later tonight, but it’s just me at the moment.”

The Unicorn stallion, Spell Pact, shrugged his shoulders, and held out his arm for the Earth Pony to grab onto.

“Shall we go attend the Summer Sun Celebration, Milky Way?” He said, his Germane accent suffusing his voice. She nodded, and he closed the door and locked it.

“I don’t know why you lock your doors, Pact. Trottingham might not be as crime free as one of the smaller towns, but it’s nice and safe enough. Plus, you live here in the outskirts. Always struck me as silly.”

“Just a habit from living away from Equestria, my dear. Not all lands are as welcoming as our own.”

The pair walked down to the gate, which was already open. Passing it, Pact closed it behind them, and then continued on the gravel path towards Trottingham with Milky Way.

“By the way, do you know if Wish Burst made it home alright? I’d hate for one of my students to get stuck away from her family on the holidays,” Spell Pact said after a few minutes of silence.

“Oh yes. I saw her at the train station earlier last night. She looked eager to be getting home. Sure you won’t be lonely in your big house all alone?” She teased, and Pact laughed.

“Oh no, not at all. I just can’t wait for her to be back. So much studying to be done. So many experiments…”

As they walked off, deep beneath the manor, in a secret room only one person knew of, the Unicorn mare Wish Burst moaned, the apparatus in her flesh tingling, and her thoughts full of drugged dreams.

Author's Note:

Will get bloodier in later chapters, and the rating will change then.

First attempt at an Anthro fic. Comments and critique welcome.