• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 1,563 Views, 25 Comments

Cardfight!! Vanguard Crusaders Fighters - GundamBrony



When Sweetie Belle introduced to a popular card game, she and her CMC along with Spike and two new ponies start their new adventure.......

  • ...
5
 25
 1,563

Ride 2 - The Two Fighters

Previously on Cardfight!! Vanguard Crusaders Fighters :

With that, Nehalem point his spear as with enough lighting energy, he shot it out of the tip and deal Gallatin with great damage. Almost feeling that attack, she almost lost her seating but caught by Emerald and Burn as well taking two more damage, putting her at 4.

"Looks like you're able to imagine it. Witness, true Vanguard!" Light replied.

"I always hope that we can fight each other when we meet again." Sweetie Belle open her eyes with a familiar determination.

"I knew it. Your name is Sweetie Belle, right?" Light guessed it which she nodded in approval.

"That's right, Light. And now, you gave me the power to stand up before you today." She reveal a familiar card regal white knight card that she always attached.

"Heh, I see."

"Here I go! From the blade of noble justice, shine your light to defend the weak! The avatar of the legendary fighter is with me! Stand up, my knight! Blaster Blade!" She slam the card into her Vanguard as 'Gallatin transformed into the same knight, only now, Sweetie Belle's face was showed with her curly mane on the right side.


At the time, the others look at the battle that's being going. Sweetie Belle, the younger sister of Rarity, now face against Light Pulsar in Vanguard. At first, Light taught her of the rules of the game because she hardly play it in 'secretly' , but even she dealt with his onslaught, she able to stand strong until she ride her knight, Blaster Blade. The earth pony mare look at how the battle somehow gotten a little interested. Sweetie Belle stared a bit at him, herself in her image change into the same knight, only now her faces appeared as her mane is in the same direction as when Aichi imagine into his avatar.

Sweetie Belle's forces -

(Marron) (Blaster Blade) (RG)
(Flogal) (Wingal) (RG)

H - 1 / D - 4

Light Pulsar's forces -

(Bahr) (Nehalem) (Tejas)
(RG) (Aermo) (Jarran)

H - 2 / D - 2

"Blaster Blade, huh?" Emerald remarked at this. To think this filly can still keep toe to toe or hoof to hoof with Light Pulsar like how Aichi face Kai the first time.

"Man, what luck. With cards like that, she might stand a chance." Burn also remarked at this too. With Blaster Blade now appeared, Light stared it down with a cold look.

"Blaster Blade's skill activate!" She then flipped two cards from her damage zone. "Counterblast 2 cards from my damage zone, I retired Tejas." With that, Sweetie Belle/Blaster Blade slam his/her sword down to the tip as lighting energy in the ground now headed to Tejas as with consumed him, he disappeared into a crimson sparks as Light then placed it to the drop zone.

"Now I remember you. Your Sweetie Belle, your one of the fillies that I met you at the park, right?" he guessed it in which she nodded.

"That's right. If wasn't for you, I would giving up on finding our cutie marks that me and my friends always trying to find any talents." Sweetie Belle then closed her eyes and remember that day that change her life forever."I've always know that the world that I love so much is turning upside down."

Flashback

At the time in the park, Sweetie Belle, was depressed, slump her head down a bit to the bench, not noticing a younger silver colt looking at her while packing a few stuff in his saddle bags.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked with concern to her in which she look to him. "Why the long face? Did something happen to you?"

"Well, me and my friends tried to find any talents to get our cutie marks, but so far, none of them works and even though I can wait patiently, I getting tired of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon picked on me and my friends so much! And I tried everything I can to help them, but usually I end up making trouble for me and my friends." she explain with a hint of frustration then being sad.

"Well, to find a true talent so you and your friends can get your cutie marks isn't easy and sometimes things are always going to be hard in life, but you know what, don't ever let anypony dismisses of your quest to find it. Just always never give up on your dreams." he said with a grin to her in which she nodded with a half smile yet still sadden look, then decide to leave.

"Wait, kid. Hold on." he stopped her in her tracks then look at him again, this time holding a card to her and not just any cards, a trading card that hardly anypony ever play. " Here, take this. I want you to have it."

She was confuse at first, then took the card and saw the illustration of a homid like bipedal being clang his sword down on the majestic stairs.

"See that, you really got yourself a noble knight that looking after you. So c'mon, cheer up!" he said with enthusiastic, that she flinch a bit. "Whenever there's a road that you and your friends can't overcome, imagine yourself big, strong, and inspiring like the warrior in the card. Like the legendary fighter, Aichi Sendou!"

"Um, I...I don't....know..how..." she stammered a bit, but receive a laugh from him.

"Well no not at first, but as long you believe in those close to you and yourself and to use the power to help those who can't help themselves not to abuse it, then there nothing in your way becoming big and strong like Blaster Blade!" he said.

"You mean, I'll get stronger for those I care?" she look to her card with her eyes now gleaming with a renew hope.

"For now, that imagines can be your power like the legendary fighter!" he said with his usual smile that might even rival to Pinkie Pie's.

"Ever since I got that card from you, life in Ponyville has being normal to me now as one point, I receive a Trial Deck and a CrystalVision from Bushipone. I put into the clubhouse so my sister won't notice because of how she seeing them as 'uncouth' and I being inspired by Aichi Sendou from the show so much that I want to surpass him. But to do that, I want to battle you so much, I even trained so much with imaginary opponents to understand my first deck's skills. But before I'm ready to face you, you never came back." Sweetie Belle explained to him.

"Yeah", he closed his eyes, agreeing with her.

"You know, I'm able to forget the awful things that me and my friends struggle." Sweetie Belle closed her eyes while Emerald look at the twin brothers with a little glare that they shake their head in disapproval. "I still can't imagine being stronger like Aichi, but the pony who able to help me is you Light." She then open her eyes in which, he had a cautiously look.

"I call, Gallatin! (G2/ 1000) This battle is my way to thank you for everything you did for me. For you to believe in me and my friends and to never give up on my dreams. That's all I needed." Sweetie Belle said.

(Marron) (Blaster Blade) (Gallatin)
(Flobal) (Wingal) (RG)

"With the boost from Flobal, Marron attack Nehalem! (1300)", she 'rested' them in which with no sound, he did a damage check and place it to the damage zone.

"Next with Wingal boost along with his skill, Blaster Blade attack Nehalem! (1900)" she did again which she drive check and no trigger was found and added to her hand while did it again with only silence, he do a damage check and no trigger was founded and placed it to the damage zone.

"No way..." Infernos was remarked by this.

"This can't be the same Cutie Mark Crusaders' Sweetie Belle that I've know from school." Burn was stunned to say the least.

"And now, Gallatin comes at your Vanguard!" Sweetie Belle declared in which like usually, he did a damage check without a sound as in the image, both knights clash their sword/shield at each other, blocking their attack as back to Light, he placed the fifth damage to the damage zone.

D - 5

"Whoa, five damage?!" Infernos was amazed by this.

"Light is going to lose." Burn snicked a bit. "Just one more and it'll all be over soon."

"Don't get too excited. Light haven't break a sweat." Emerald said as true to them, he wasn't flinching from this. No something else than that closed eyes with a calm look. "I'm certain that he got some plan to make a counterattack."

"Ok, it's your turn." Sweetie Belle said with a smile to him.

" Heh, I taught how to be happy? I think you misunderstood, little filly." he smirked at her as she was confused by this. "I don't care of your feeling one bit. I just want you to play Vanguard, so I can beat you and crush your dreams and hopes in a way that no bullies can't."

"Oh, that's just cruel!" Infernos was disgusted by this.

"No wonder why I couldn't beat him. That stallion is pure evil." Burn remarked and disgusted by him with a glare to him while Emerald stay silence a bit in one mind repeated.

Light, you wouldn't do such a awful thing? He'll be disappointed in you if you do that.

"That's not true!" Sweetie Belle said in a desperate tone. "The Light I know will never do something like that!"

"Heh, Shut up!" Light raised his voice that flinch her. "I'm not the same colt you know. You just made up in a fairy tale in your head! I......I......" He then stand his units and place his hoof onto his deck, but surprising that only she can see, she can see flames in his hoofs and a translucent human hand was in the same place too as both of his and the translucent human hand drew a card. She then saw the rest of him : somehow, she able to see Aichi's rival Kai as a translucent image to Light as both saw the card they drew, they smirked at her.

What did I see? Light's becoming like Kai? she think to herself.

As if that wasn't enough, his voice was sync into Kai's too. "I guess it's time to show you who I really am. NOW RIDE THE VANGUARD, BURN THIS WORLD TO ASHES WITH YOU APOCALYPTIC FIRE!" He slam the card to his vanguard which a flame malestrom envelop the dragon knight and transforming him into into a crimson dragon that roar out of the flaming malestrom. "DRAGONIC OVERLORD!!!!!!"

The knights were stunned to say at the least as with the dragon out of the malestrom, it's yellow, vicious eyes now set on burning them.

"It's amazing.....", Sweetie Belle was stunned too seeing the same ace card that Kai used in the show.

"That's the one he used on me!" Burn said, feeling a little guilty that she now going to face it.

"This battle is over. I call two Dragon Dancer, Monica! (G0/ Draw/ 5000)" With that two of the same female dance appeared in either side of being the attacker or the booster."Then I counterblast three cards from my damage zone. Dragonic Overlord reach its power at +5000. (DO- 1600) Shall we?" He smirked at her, which she grunted a bit.

(Bahr) (Dragonic Overlord) (Monica)
(Monica) (Aermo) (Jarran)

H - 0/ D -5

"Will the support of Monica, Bahr will attack your Blaster Blade! ( Bahr -1400)" he declared.

"Stardust Trumpeter will guard my knight!" (Shield 1000) (Blaster Blade - 1900) With taking the full swing of the demon sword and disappeared, Blaster Blade block the next one.

"Not done yet! With the boost from Jarran, Monica will attack Blaster Blade! ( Monica - 1100)" he then 'rested' the next units.

"Gallatin will guard that!" (Shield -5000) (Blaster Blade -1400) Sweetie Belle use the last card on her hand as in the image, Gallatin block that attack and disappeared.

"Whoa, she survived that!" Emerald praise at her for guarding that attack but she then pant a bit for guarded two attacks.

"You used up your entire hand to back me up? It's too bad that my attacks haven't finished yet." Light said with a grin as he 'rested' the last two units for the final attack.

"With the boost from Aermo, Dragonic Overlord, attack Gallatin!" (DO - 2100)

"What?! Why Gallatin?!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed by this as he start his drive check and reveal another copy of the overlord, the crimson dragon now shot out flames from its mouth, it incinerated him turning him into million sparks.

"That means, Gallatin is retired." She placed it to her drop zone, then her eyes widened by this. If Dragonic Overlord gains +5000 and defeat a rear guard, then that's means.......?! she thought about this in realization as with that, Light still holding that smirked at her, meaning that he read her mind.

"You got it right, with that effect, Dragonic Overlord Stands up!" he putted it into a Stand position. "Now I'm going to enjoy burning your forces into a crisp, that's Dragonic Overlod's ability : Eternal Flame!" (DO - 1600)

"Then your attack will be?!" Sweetie Belle dared to asked.

"Marron will be next! And with the drive check....." He reveal a copy of Bahr as just like Gallatin, the crimson dragon burned the sage into ashes.

"Now Marron is also retired...." Sweetie Belle placed it into the drop zone.

"Again, Dragonic Overlord, Stand up!" he re stand it once more with the flames dancing around.

"Say good bye to your knight! Dragonic Overlord, attack Blaster Blade!" With that, the crimson dragon shot out the flames as Sweetie Belle/Blaster Blade brace for it.

"Drive check.........Now that what I'm talking about! Critical trigger! Giving everything to my Overlord!" he reveal another copy of Embodiment of Spear, Tahr which glows yellow. (DO - 2100/ crit - 2)

"That's means......." Sweetie Belle jerked up a bit.

"That's right, 2 more damage for your 4th damage making you at 6." Light said as the flames hit her/him, she/he screamed in pain of the scorches of the torrential flames. "It's over."

Sweetie Belle felt sadden by this. She lost. She lost the battle and there's no way that she'll pull a heal trigger like Aichi did. Now she lost her knight forever. With that, she silently placed the fifth damage.

"About time." Burn said with impatience.

I'm sorry Blaster Blade.....I'm sorry.....Aichi.......she then pull the last damage check and reveal, a bright green light glow a bit surprising her and Light too as well as the others. With that, she couldn't believe what card she revealed.

"That's the Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine." With that, the green fairy healed the wounded knight as he got back up from it.

"Then that's means.....", Sweetie Belle said as a new voice was heard from the right side as she turn and saw the counter earth pony mare.

"That's right. When you trigger it, you can heal one damage as long as your damage is more than your opponents." she explain to her.

"So that's means......"

"The battle isn't over." Light finished Sweetie Belle's sentence as she then pulled one of the flipped card from her damage zone and place the heal trigger to replace it. Now my damage is at the limit. she think to herself at this.

D - 5

"Now, your turn to shine, Sweetie Belle." Light said as with squeezing her hoof she nodded as she stand her units and drew a card looking at it.

"I don't believe what you said, Light. " Sweetie Belle said.

"Oh, yeah?"

"You expected me to give this card to me so you can bullied me latter. Even is that's true, then I don't this card will be inspiring to help me and my friends through tough times nor even the legendary fighter you speak of. I always remember the day that I lost hope that you were kind enough to regain it back. I've always look up to you." she explain as she closed her eyes remember the Light that once cheerful and happy.

"Heh, what a joke." Light shrugged it off.

"No, no matter what you said, this Blaster Blade become a beacon of hope and meant everything to me. That'll never change. My memories and my heart tells the truth." She then place her hand near to her head. Suddenly, bluish aura outline appeared to her that only Light can see as her voice is somehow sync together with a familiar voice. Then a translucent version of Aichi appeared together with her that surprise him. " I can picture how the battle goes. I can picture it my Blaster Blade as he lead the way to victory!"

"I call Elaine!" (G0/ Heal/ 6000) With that, the same fairy who healed her/him now in the side to fight beside the white knight.

(Elaine) (Blaster Blade) (RG)
(Flobal) (Wingal) (RG)

H - 0 / D -5

"With the boost from Flobal, Elaine attack Dragonic Overlord." (Elaine -1100) Sweetie Belle declared as the green fairy charge the crimson dragon.

"I guard with Bahr!" With that, Bahr block that attack and disappeared from it.

"Aw man, he guarded that!" Infernos whined of the outcome.

"C'mon Sweetie Belle!" Burn cheered for her while the counter earth pony mare look at how the battle goes.

The filly had one more attempt but Light hold one more defense card. With the boost of Wingal plus its skill, Blaster Blade power will be at 1900. It won't be enough to break through to Dragonic Overlord if guarded by Tahr which it'll put it at 2100. she think to herself.

"Here I go, with Wingal support plus its skill, Blaster Blade will attack Dragonic Overlord!" she said as within the image, Sweetie Belle/Blaster Blade with her/his battle cry now charges at it in which Light grunted.


I've dreaming together ever since. To face against you. her thoughts raced as she remember the time that while other fillies are playing, she look at her cards.

"Let's do it together, Blaster Blade!" she said holding her card from her hoof. Then she also remember how Light is the one who gave her a new hope.

"I guard with Tahr!" (Shield - 1000) (DO -2100) Standing in the way was a warrior carried a spear that block the white knight's attack. "Sorry your not going to get through me this time."

Sweetie Belle gritted her teeth a bit. There only one thing to do. her thoughts said as she now place her hoof onto her deck. Please Aichi, lend me your strength.......She then close her eyes, feeling the aura of the legendary fighter to heed her call then she open her eyes.

"Drive trigger check!" As the suspense grew for everypony, she slowly drew it and peek at what card that she reveal, it glows brightly yellow."A- a critical trigger!" It was true, the card she trigger is Bringer of Good Luck, Epona.

Light grunted a bit as the others were shocked by this. This is like seeing the legendaries fighters Aichi Sendou face Toshiki Kai all over again but this time, it's like seeing the double of them. (Blaster Blade - 2400/ 2 crit) With the trigger activate, Sweetie Belle/Blaster Blade slash the warrior, which disappeared into red sparkles, then with the battle cry, finally stab the crimson dragon as sparks flew out as the crimson dragon roared into defeat as it now disappeared too. Then her/his sword finally impale the ground on the tip as the dust clear, she/he saw the spirit of Light Pulsar.

"That attack is quite too much......even for......my......Dragonic Overlord........" he then starting to disappeared too. " Now I'm a......spirit....my forces.......is now.......vanishing from the Planet Cray........"

"So you've......", Sweetie Belle/Blaster Blade understand what he meant as not before saying the three words before vanishing into nothingness : "I have lost."

After that, Light starting to get his cards back. Sweetie Belle was too shocked to say the least along with the others. She won. She actually won against Light in her 'real' Vanguard fight, just like Aichi. Emerald was surprise to say the least but his grin remained the same as he remarked at her victory. "Nice, you beat him."

Then, Light got back up, scarring the twin brothers, not knowing what he'll do next but with a silent look, he pick the Blaster Blade card and threw to her, which she was shocked but caught it anyway. "But Light....."

Then he turn and without looking back, he said before leaving in which Emerald tried to catch up with him. "That was you card after all."

"C'mon buddy cheer up." Emerald said trying to catch up with him on the same pace level.

"Light!" Sweetie Belle called him, got out of the store and just standing there on the front as he stop a bit, not looking back while Emerald look at her. "Thank you again."

Without a word, he just walk away without turn back to her while Emerald gave her a grin before walking with his buddy. Sweetie Belle just smiled at this day. We did it my knight. her thoughts said as she take a glance at her card. Inside of the card shop, the twin brothers decide to leave grabbing some of their stuff and headed back home without any reaction to her. The counter earth pony mare look at her with curiosity.

While at that, Light then began to walk to home alone then take a glance of the park that he and Sweetie Belle met. He then continue walking toward that direction, thinking about the time that he gave her hope to her as the sun setting for the dusk.


The next day, Sweetie Belle found her Crusaders friends from the front of the school as they wondering of where she had been. Not wanting to know because of them thinking that they'll dismiss, she lied to her friends about couldn't find her disguise in the Carousel Boutique and found that Opal had torn most of her disguise. Then as they take their seat, Applebloom and Scootaloo explain of what they did on Twilight Time. Turns out, they learned of new skills on assemble a bike and to make a elixir. Twilight was wondering of where she was cause she also need to practice on using a broom with magic, something that she need to improve in it. With the class starting, Ms. Cheerliee now teaching on famous poets authors as after the bell rang for a long studying, the students are now heading outside for recess as Applebloom began to discuss of finding their cutie marks, however, Sweetie Belle, being the spacey member of the Crusaders, got her mind on the recent battle that happen yesterday. With that bell rang as they headed back to class to turn in their own poets they made, Ms. Cheerliee now apparently now discuss on the history of the Buffalo tribe. After the last bell rang, all of the students now packing their stuff and headed outside of the school. Applebloom and Scootaloo ask Sweetie Belle if she want to go on their cutie mark quest, but to most of their shock, she said no because she had some stuff to do for her sister as while they say they'll meet each other at the clubhouse, they left leaving her by herself.

She then look around a bit, then pulled her deck box and pull her Blaster Blade card. Still I can't believe it.......she thought it smile at her card as she heard of the twin brothers getting ready to go to Cosmic Card.

"So you want to Cosmic Card?" Inferno asked him.

"Of course, I got to tune my Kagero deck." he replied as they left, she put her deck back and hurried to them while they're chatting.

"You really love the game."

"Or to be the opposite, Vanguard loves me."

"Burn!" She called to him and stop to catch her breath.

"What do you want?" he said in a neutral tone and a disinterest to her.

"I was wondering if you want to have a Vanguard fight?" she asked him sincerely which made them surprise.

"So you want to beat, eh?" Burn replied with a grin to her, but she shook her head.

"No, not exactly. I'm still new to it and I was wonder if you and your brother can help me and teach me a few things?"

"Teach you?" he thought about it but put a scowl on her. "Look I don't need to teach to a rookie like you."

With that, they left her but instead of being discouraged she whisper with a smile. "Kay thanks."

Not after that, she can still hear of them saying that Light being one of the best fighter lost to rookie like her as the commented of him showing up in the store. She then headed to the park sitting down on the edge of the lake, looking down a bit. Then she heard some of the fillies now starting to play Vanguard. Each of them commented of which of their deck is the strongest or ultra strongest or mega ultra strongest and so on. She smile at them as she then gaze the clear blue skies, closing her eyes and remember of what Light had said : Imagine yourself big, strong, and inspiring.

That's right. Like him, I'm a Royal Paladin. And I get strong from each battles I fight on. her thoughts said as she imagine herself once more as Blaster Blade and look to the two spirits that she dearly want to battle. Light..........and Aichi............

She then open her eyes with a happy expression but as she look around, her expression turn sad as she got up and headed around the town. She then stop at the familiar card shop, Cosmic Card. The place that she won her first 'real' Vanguard battle. She then headed inside as the only pony that was here was the counter earth pony mare.

"Hi"

"Hello", the counter earth pony mare replied as Sweetie Bell saw the play tables being empty as a CrystalVison was played on the middle, put on the channel of the first season of Cardfight!! Vanguard.

"Nopony is here." she commented.

"Well, it's still a little early." the counter earth pony mare said not taking her eyes out of the book she's reading.

"Oh." Sweetie Belle then head to the table where she and Light battle each other, placing her stuff down and sat down. The counter earth pony mare look at her with a sympathy to it. Sweetie Belle then take a quick glance at the show, where Aichi was in the tournament facing against Kamui, then turn back and she sighed a bit.

"Are you waiting for somepony?" the counter earth pony mare ask her.

"Well the sliver earth stallion that I battle.....he......he probably hate me now.......", she replied with feeling bad a bit. And after all of these training.......she thought to herself as the counter earth pony mare look to the front a bit with a smile to her.

"I think you need to look again." she said as Sweetie Belle look to the front and saw two familiar colts coming.

"Light, you came!" Sweetie Belle said with pure happiness.

"Hey there, Sweetie Belle, glad you came." Light said still holding his silent voice yet also holding a smile.

"Hey there!" Emerald raise his hoof with his signature grin.

"Hey, um I was wondering......", Sweetie Belle was stammered a bit before a chuckled from the emerald coated unicorn.

"Say no more, how about battle me first?" But before she can answer, a voice from the front was heard.

"No way!" The others turned and saw the twin colts came too.

"I got dibs on her first!" Burn said placing his hoof on his chest.

"Then me too!" Infernos added as Burn saw Light, he then flinch and freak out by it.

"What's wrong?" Light got a narrow look to him while Emerald was laughing at them.

"*laughing* That's so good! You guys are too funny!"

"What are you doing here?" Burn asked Light.

"So much for that." Infernos hung his head a bit.

With that, Sweetie Belle smiled at this. Those that she met through the game became her friends. With that, she said with a genuine feeling. "Thanks so much you guys."

Now with trading card games became the ponies daily life. One of the card games is the biggest of them all, Cardfight!! Vanguard. I've never thought that it'll change my life forever like the show did.

With that, all of the fillies starting running to get to their table and start battling. With Emerald shuffle his own deck, Light look behind him and saw Sweetie Belle now shuffling her own deck too as one of the card dropped down to the Vanguard circle and her knight was there.

It was a new start for her with the game............

Author's Note:

For the heal trigger Elaine supposed to be POW 5000 but the director change it in the second episode of the first season but now should be back to just the regular 5000.

Preview

Burn - C'mon Sweetie Belle, that joke on being a rookie was a joke! No hard feeling, right?

Sweetie Belle- No worries, Burn, but all of my training that I did for a year ago, I finally got my dream come true.

Burn- Still proud of beating Light, eh?

Sweetie Belle - Then will you battle me next, Burn?

Burn - Oh you want to face me, the Kagero master, huh? Bring it on!

Sweetie Belle - Next time on Cardfight!! Vanguard Crusaders Fighters : Welcome to Cosmic Card!

Sweetie Belle - Now I can imagine the battle together with my knight.....wait, Applebloom and Scootaloo?! What are you girls doing here?!