• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 1,455 Views, 41 Comments

Shattered Worlds: The Cataclysm - Puppeteer



In only a few short weeks, all of ponyville has become engulfed in chaos, and much larger horrors are to follow. We begin in the aftermatth of a ruined society. This story explores the secrets of the past, and follows a path to a shrouded future.

  • ...
10
 41
 1,455

Chapter 2 - The Trees

Deep inside of the Everfree forest, Fluttershy lay on a large, flat, moss covered stone. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her normally beautiful mane was covered in moss, dirt, and twigs. It lay wet, against the stone from the latest rain.

At first, just before the killings began, she had heard the trees whispering to her. Telling her that times of tribulation lay ahead. Telling her that she needed to run to the forest because she would be safe there. Of course she had protested, saying that there were dangers in the forest as well, but the trees told her that so long as she was in the forest, they could protect her from danger. Fluttershy had wanted to stay with her friends but eventually everything just became too much to handle and she followed the whispers into the forest and to the clearing she now lay in. It was there that she

learned the true extent of the trees' wisdom, and knowledge.

Not only had they been watching and listening since lifetimes before she was conceived, but through the ages the trees shared their knowledge. And not only did they pass their knowledge through space, but they passed it through time itself. Their eyes and ears stretched far and they knew nearly all there was to know about Equestria, regardless of time or space.

It was slowly becoming easier to understand them. They had told her so much that she was beginning to piece together a map of history in her head. She knew so much, and yet so little. There was one particular section of historyin the coming future that they were obscuring from her vision. they said that she would have to see that part for herself when the time came.

What was the time anyway? Fluttershy's mind went blank, and for a moment she forgot were she was in the scheme of things. The first massacre? no she was past that. The lunar conflict? no, not that either. oh yes, the irony of the clean. The ''worthy'' and ''pure'' would truly be evil of heart and ensure their own eradication. With the past again relived, and the rainbow revived ponies of industry would come seeking revenge and drive the demons towards the dome. A conflict would be resolved and those driven by hate would make their home under the ground. Machines of death would be conceived in the bowels of the earth, to add to the nightmare world. The one who is pure of heart would be made into a shell and inflicted with inner turmoil. The stars would turn on the sun, and the fateful power would be freed. The news would be carried by fire and the world would be ravaged. All of this in prologue to the actual war. The forces of ''good'', and ''evil'' would clash together in ironic, bloody, horrific combat. Blood would spill across the land, and bodies would surface, only to be torn apart by the raging red sea of blood and war. That was where she was in time.

As for the past, she had pieced together that there was one other that had talked to the trees about four-thousand years ago. His name was Chords at the time, and he had learned much from them. Three-thousand years later his goal was realized and his role played out. They wouldn't tell her why he was important just yet, but they told her to remember his name for soon she would know more about him than anypony ever had. For a thousand years, everything had been regulated, and controlled. The events that were set into motion in Ponyville had been building up for centuries. Events that had been planned, and calculated. Events that a fool had doomed to happen. There was more to all of this than met the eye, so much more to come, and so much more to be told.