• Published 29th Apr 2014
  • 1,459 Views, 16 Comments

Rainbow Falls (Rewritten) - MD Webster



Rainbow Dash is torn between two teams to compete for Equestria Games. (It's the Episode Rewritten)

  • ...
0
 16
 1,459

Chapter 3

It was a bright morning for reading for Twilight as the breeze grew chillier but she is actually waiting for Rainbow to have her choice made. If Rainbow is flying for Cloudsdale, Twilight has to find a replacement for Rainbow Dash. Rainbow’s intentions for Cloudsdale might be noble for them but for Ponyville. What can she do?

She looked at Cloudsdale and they seemed to be okay for now with incredible wing-speed. The third pony might be coming at any moment to join with them. Ponyville team seems improving with Bulk managed to get around the pole without a hitch even though it’s not as sharp as Rainbow’s. Fluttershy managed to get up to speed but not as fast as Rainbow’s. If only Rainbow Dash was here to see that.

“OH! Woe is me!”

Twilight lifted up her head as the groaning howls from the pony in wheelchair. But what is on the chair surprised her for a wrong reason.

She’s got to be kidding, Rainbow Dash is wearing bandages on her legs, head and even her wings and she’s attracting the crowd with her moaning and groaning. Twilight couldn’t help but rolled her eyes as the other ponies, including the Wonderbolts, walked up to Rainbow.

Fluttershy spoke in concern, “What happened?”

“I hurt my hoof!” said Rainbow.

Spitfire noticed it wasn’t one hoof but... “All of them?”

“I, uh, tripped on a-a foam hoof and landed on a...” Rainbow babbled on but no matter what the excuse that Rainbow is making, Twilight thought that was the dumbest thing that ‘the fastest flyer of all Equestria’ can do.

Rainbow finished off with, “and then a pokey stick coming out of the ground.”

Pinkie Pie suddenly blows something out of her top, “If I get my hooves on that...” Pinkie corked her mouth and said something that Twilight wouldn’t think that Pinkie Pie would normally say, “it’ll be in big trouble!”

Then Rainbow said, “There is no way I can fly now.”

Fluttershy chimed in, “Do you thing you’ll be better by tryouts?”

Then Rainbow leaned on a dramatic pose, something that makes Rarity proud of, groaning in exaggerating pain, “I’ll be lucky if I ever fly again!”

She cannot be serious. She just did that botched not only both of the teams but herself as well. If they found out she was faking, who knows what will they to do to her.

Rainbow sighed, “I just need a little rest.”

Fluttershy, with her usual kind demeanor, pushed the wheelchair, “Oh don’t worry, Rainbow Dash. We’ll take care of you... or, at least, somepony will. Like a medic or-or a doctor, or a nurse.”

Twilight only shook her head of what she just witnessed. But she just joined with her friends to the hospital.

-----------------------

Rainbow is laying on the hospital bed with her legs supported by the harnesses. Twilight was looking at EKG while the radar are pulsing normally as Rainbow should be.

“So, the medic pony isn’t sure what’s wrong with you,” said Twilight with her eyebrow rose.

“Everything!” groaned Rainbow Dash in the most dramatic poses, “Absolutely everything!”

Applejack come up to Rainbow with a betty on her hoof, “This’ll cure everythin’ that ails ya!” Then she stuffed it into Rainbow’s mouth.

“Thank you,” said Rainbow with her mouth full, “I couldn’t have done that on my own.”

Twilight sighed that Rainbow is not going to reveal her fakery.

Rarity chimes in, “Nothing says ‘get better’ like a little medical pizazz! Silk slings and a glitter bandage.” She pulls a bright purple with glitter silk with her magic.

“That might help,” said Rainbow as Rarity tied around one of her legs.

The door opened and Fluttershy entered the room, following by Bulk who had some trouble fitting through the door frame.

“How is our patient doing?” said Fluttershy as Bulk popped out of the door, landed on his face.

“I’ve been better,” said Rainbow. Although, she is wearing guilt on her face.

“We just wanted to let you know that we’re so sorry you’re hurt,” said Fluttershy, “but you shouldn’t worry a bit about not being able to be in the tryouts. We even have a replacement.”

Fluttershy pointed at the doorway, standing there is a certain grey pony with lemon blonde mane waving a flag. Rainbow recognized her with walled eye and bubbles cutie mark on her flank.

“Derpy Hooves?” Rainbow couldn’t believe that they are replacing her with a pony who wasn’t even practicing with them.

“We are so, so sorry that you can’t compete,” Fluttershy continued, “We all know how much you love to fly, and we promise...”

“Cross our hearts!” Bulk slashed his hoof across his chest.

“Uh... as I was saying, that if we qualify and make it to the Equestria Games and all win gold medals, you can have ours. Because we know how much you love to win.”

Rainbow blinked after what she heard from her kindhearted friend, then she said in more than a whisper, “Thanks.”

Twilight cleared her throat and said, “I think Rainbow Dash might need to rest some more.”

The rest of the gang nodded in an agreement as they head out of the door, while sweated over to get Bulk fit through the door.

Twilight was the only one stayed behind as she turns to her friend and said, “You know, choosing not to choose isn’t a really a decision.”

Rainbow blinked as Twilight’s word stung her heart as Twilight walked out of the door. She thought what she did was brilliant so nopony can have her but she realized that it makes matters worse.

“You sure do have some nice friends,” Rainbow Dash turned with surprise as the curtain drew open by one of the Wonderbolts, Soarin lying on his hospital bed.

“Thanks,” said Rainbow turning away from eye contact as guilt is still wearing on her.

“I know that nopony’s ever visited me,” said Soarin, “I guess they must’ve too busy practicing. Except one time when Spitfire and Fleetfoot came by to check on me, yesterday.”

“Well, how’s your wing?”

“Oh, It’s fine now,” said Soarin showing his wing in a cast, “But the doctor told that I should take it easy.”

“But you still can fly with that?" asked Rainbow, "They told me that they wouldn’t want put you more at risk.”

Soarin responded with saddened eyes, “Even I can fly, I don’t know if I can make it through tryouts with this wing. So they were going with somepony else.”

“That somepony else was me!” said Rainbow, “Until... uh... well, until I got hurt, that is.”

Soarin sighed, “So, I guess we’re all out of luck. Even Cloudsdale wants you to be a third, and Ponyville wouldn’t qualify without you, both of our team wouldn’t qualify this year. Too bad.”

Rainbow realized what she had done, she didn’t want to let down both of those teams but she is now letting them down. Ponyville has a pony who doesn’t even fit for the qualifications and Cloudsdale doesn’t have anypony to volunteer for the third entry.

Then her eyes were on the light, beamed through the water jug. A rainbow flashes on the flag. An emblem shows two ponies face each other, not as a competition but as friends as the heart shone between them. A rainbow touches the heart symbol, each colors stick under one light on the heart. Rainbow Dash eyes shined as she know now what to do.

“Come on, Soarin” said Rainbow as she jumped out of the bed.

-----------------------

Twilight rushed towards Derpy as she made her own landing.

“Are you okay?” said Twilight as she helped her up from the pile of dirt and then Derpy nodded.

“No offense, even without Rainbow, I don’t think we’re gonna qualify.”

This might’ve hurt Derpy’s feelings but instead Derpy smiled and shrugged off. Even she's a clumsy one but she's very understandable.

Twilight looked around with faces of her friends looking somber. Except with Pinkie Pie who slammed her rainbow wig to the ground and said, “Gah, What am I gonna do with all these poms now?!”

Then she noticed that Rarity is piling up her Equestria Games uniforms but she's not alone as Applejack spoke, “So, uh, what were gonna do with them now?”

Rarity shrugged, “Well it seems that they need a little more work but I’ll just hold on to them for next year.”

It was heart-wrenching for Twilight. If there is something she can cheer them up but nothing can compare with Rainbow Dash could return.

Then as she's brushing the dirt off of Derpy when a bandaged pony walked past by. She levitates the brush, stroking the lemon mane then her eyes met again with a Cyan pony in a bandage.

“Wait... is that Rainbow Dash walking?”

Indeed, it is Rainbow trotted through the field with her magenta eyes fixing on the Cloudsdale spot. With Soarin following behind her, They are headed toward the grounds, where Spitfire and Fleetfoot are surprised to see Rainbow walking without a hitch.

“Does...” Fleetfoot began regaining her composure, “This mean you’re feeling better?”

“I-I feel great, because...” Rainbow knew that the truth has to come, She unraveled the bandages off of her, “I was never hurt in the first place.”

All the other ponies gasped with shock even Spitfire was taking aback that one of the best cadets of the Academy deceived both of the team. She raised her eyebrows and spoke firmly, “Explain this.”

Rainbow exhaled and said, “I faked my injury so that I wouldn’t have to choose between flying for Ponyville or Cloudsdale. I wanted to fly with you both, and the decision was too hard! I don’t want to let you both down.”

Fluttershy came up to her and softly spoke, “Oh, Rainbow Dash, you don’t have to choose us. I know you love to win, and you should go with the team that surely will.”

Rainbow Dash looked at her friend with a blink but she smiled and said, “Thanks Fluttershy, but I am making my own choice, and...”

Everypony’s eyes are on Rainbow. She looked at Twilight. Twilight smiled and nodded affirmably, she will support whatever Rainbow makes, even if going by the winners.

Rainbow smiled, “and... I know now who I should’ve been loyal to.”

Spitfire stood with ridged expression with her ears foreword, “And who is it?”

Rainbow inhaled and letted an answer mark her history, “Ponyville.”

Spitfire and Fleetfoot was taken aback what they heard as Rainbow explains, “Because it’s not just where I live, but it’s where my friends are. The ponies who really care about me, whether I can help them win a race or not.”

Twilight smiled as the rest of the Ponyville including Derpy cheered.

Spitfire took off her sunglasses, “Well Fleetfoot, I guess we wouldn’t be able make it this.”

“Wait,” Soarin called out as he joins back to his team, “Probably, I can still help you qualify.”

“But Soarin, your wing,” Spitfire tried to protest but Soarin raise his hoof.

“I’ll be okay, I’ll do what I can to get you to qualify for the games, not only as the Wonderbolt but as a loyal friend.”

Then at that moment, Spitfire noticed the determination within her comrade then she curled up her lip and said, “Heh, Rainbow must’ve talk you into it.”

Soarin nodded and then Spitfire turned to Rainbow and said, “Well, Rainbow Dash, you are something. Saw it at the Academy, seeing it again here. We could learn a lot from a competitor like you.”

Fleetfoot agreed, “Think we already have.”

Spitfire turned to Soarin again and said, “Ready to fly?”

“I sure am!”

Spitfire beamed proudly, “That’s what I want to hear. Never should’ve lose faith in you and tried to replace you to begin with.”

Then Rainbow watched the Wonderbolts flew off to qualify for the Equestria Games. Then Rainbow Dash knew that they have race to enter.

“Come on, Ponyville relay team! We got a race to get ready for!”

“Yeah!!!” shouted Bulk as he and Fluttershy joined up with their loyal team captain, Rainbow Dash.