• Published 29th Mar 2012
  • 1,096 Views, 33 Comments

Falling into a New World - P0nies



A young teen leads a depressing life, to wake in a world he wished he had after a car accident.

  • ...
7
 33
 1,096

Part IV: Hopefully Tomorrow

A/N: I'm a little late on my routine for posting another chapter, sorry, but I've been busy. So here it is!

I woke up a few hours later with my hooves all pruny. I fell asleep when the bath was warm, but judging from how cold the bath had gotten, I had been asleep for a while. It was weird that I had fallen asleep because I don't normally fall asleep like that, especially in a bath. I pulled the plug letting the water drain into a spiraling torrent down the drain. I grabbed the soft towel, although it felt weird because of how pruny my hooves had become. I wrapped the towel around my body to absorb as much of the water as it could so I didn't get my room all wet. I sat down on my bedside and rubbed my cloudy eyes with my hooves to look at the clock in my room. It was 4 AM. Wow, I thought, I had to have been in there for more than a few hours. That relaxation stuff was a bit more relaxing than what I had bargained for.

I took the towel from around my waist and rubbed it through my mane, which was still partially dripping with the water. I threw the towel to the floor with my body and my mane as dry as I could get them with the towel. I got up, and walked over to the the fireplace, picked up the lighter, turned the gas on, and lit the fire with a small 'swoosh' as the flame from the lighter caught the gas. The warmth from the fire felt really good to me because the room was cold since I hadn't turned the fireplace on and maybe also because I had left the window open before I left because the room was 'too hot'. Too hot... I thought to myself. I'm paying for thinking that it was too hot now. Seems like everything that I do seems to backfire in one way or another.

Walking back to bed I lay down and pull the blankets over me to where they almost cover my muzzle. The fire crackles in the background almost in a rhythm that puts me to sleep.


)()()()()()()(


A few days have passed, and Twi had finally finished her tests on me for her research project thing. I was so glad that I had to stop testing, but it was also a semi-sad day for me too because I wouldn't see her as often as I did when we were testing. Believe it or not, there are actually a lot of empty houses for sale in Ponyville, but before you can buy any house, even an apartment, you need to be working somewhere so they know you will be 'reliable'. And since most ponies knew that I wasn’t exactly a pony in my mind, that made me at the bottom of the 'Who is reliable' list. At least that was how I saw it, and that was how most ponies acted towards me.

The Princess had left me with only a couple hundred bits to last me the week, which was more than enough for me, but I had 'decided' that I needed to order the most expensive thing because it sounded the best tasting. I had maybe 50 bits left, so I needed to find some work to pay food, and the extent of the stay that the hotel that she gave me was almost over, so I also needed a house. A house that happened to be a minute walk away from Twilight's place.

The house looked like all of the other houses pretty much, but there was something about it that just attracted me to it. It was a simple single story house, single bathroom, and single bedroom so it was a cheap house to begin with. The bed was going to be something that I would have to get used to if I did ever get the house because it was no where near as comfortable as the bed in my hotel room. The house felt normal... it felt like, and kinda looked the same, as my home in my lost memories.

The house was going to cost me at least 2000 bits to start with the very first payment and after that there would be a monthly pay of course. But before I could even consider this as my home here, I would need to find a job. And soon. Other ponies that were traveling from Canterlot had came to Ponyville to find a quieter, less hectic lifestyle and there were a few of the richer ponies already casing the house I wanted to see if it fit what they wanted. Some shrugged off the house because of its size but one pony who was alone actually seemed to like the house and I could tell he was considering to buy it. Where could I find a job? I asked myself.

I started walking around Ponyville hoping that I could find a 'Help Wanted' sign on the front of any number of the shops that were scattered around town. No jobs anywhere. It made sense though, in a place where everyone was basically nice, there would be no need to fire anyone from a job. I bet I couldn’t even find one if it hit me in the – OOMPH.

“Hey! Watch where you throw that thing!” I yelled at the mailmare who was delivering the paper for that day.

“Sorry about that!” she said, “I still don't have the best aim.”

“Yeah, its OK, just be more careful.” I replied, trying not to laugh at the sight of the mare's uneven eyes.

I look down at the paper to see what interesting things may be going on around Ponyville and Equestria in general. Nothing interesting, just a job at the library, some explorers stuck in the Everfree rescued, and... wait, a job at the library? Perfect! I thought. I get to spend time with Twilight and maybe even earn some money to get the house that I really want. The only problem was that I haven't seen her in a matter of days since we finished the testing and all of the research that she was doing. No one had seen her, even the Cake's at sugarcube corner hadn't seen her come in for her normal morning pastries, which was unusual for Twilight since she was such a stickler for her schedules and routines.

Asking around I realized that she hadn't left the house much since she had finished with all of my wing tests and all of that stuff. I started to wonder about how she was doing, I started to worry how she was doing, because a Twilight with a book to write that goes into the Canterlot Archives can't be a very social pony. I decided to wait it out, hoping that Twilight would eventually figure out that she needed some time to relax from whatever stress she was under.

Hoping Twi would be at the library like she usually is, I walk to the library, the tree looking more daunting than usual for some odd reason. I knock on the door which slowly creaks open, revealing the dark and cold interior. Its not usually this dark in here...

I slowly walk in, “Twi?” I ask. Then I hear the door slam shut behind me. I can barely see anything in front of my face, let alone anything across the room. “Uh, Twilight? You in here?” I ask as I hear a crazed laugh coming from behind a door across the room, a faint glow shining under the door. I walk over to the door, tripping on various books and papers that are strewn over the floor. I raise my hoof to knock on the door as the door opens, a violet eye peeking out.

“Oh hi Sky!” she says, “Just finishing my work here, nothing special. Can I help you?”

“I was just coming to check on you... its been a couple days and no one has seen you around,” I say worriedly.

“Oh yeah, its nothing Sky. I promise, just need to finish this book... It needs to be PERFECT!”

I was a little taken back by how much she had gotten into her project, and even more worried because she seemed to be too into it. “Yeah, alright, but I also wanted to talk to you about the job, if its still open that is?”

“Hmmm... Job? One sec,” as she slams the door and I hear papers ruffling in the room. “Yes! The job, its still available, just come and see me tomorrow alright? I'm almost done...” she says and I hear the rapid clicking of a typewriter.

“Sure thing Twi... Just wanted to check up on you.” I say, not sure what to do at this point.

I start to walk back to the door, when my curiosity of what she is doing overtakes me. I walk back to the room where she was steadily at work typing. I walk slowly trying not to make a sound, as a floorboard below me creaks from the weight of my hoof. The clicking of the typewriter stops and I sit there in silence as she listens, we both listen for another sound. The clicking starts again, and I walk back to the door for a second time, regretting even thinking of barging in on Twilight because I know what I wanted to do was wrong. I still need to ask her, I thought as I left the library and closed the door.

“Just when to ask...” I murmured.

“Just when to do what?” a high pitched voice pops out of nowhere, causing me to jump and trip over nothing.

“Just ask something, Pinkie. Its just something I need to do.”

“But why do you need to do it? Do you like somepony? OOOOH! Who is it? Who's the somepony special? I REALLLLLLLLY want to know! Are you gonna tell me who it is...” and pinkie continued to ramble on as she usually does, before forcing me to put a hoof to her mouth so I could speak.

“Ugh... Pinkie?”

“Yeah Sky?” she replies, a small grin on her face.

“If I tell you who that 'special somepony' is, do you promise to keep it a secret?”

“Of course! I even Pinkie Promise!” she says as she recites the Pinkie Promise, placing her hoof over her closed eyelid, as I had failed to do once before. “Because not to keep a promise is the fastest way to lose a friend, forever!”

“Yeah, Pinkie, I know –”

“FOOREEEEEEVEEERRRRR!” She says in a dramatic tone, somehow hovering over me although she doesn’t even have wings.

“OK, Pinkie. Its Twilight.”

She giggles to herself, and says, “I knew that hehe,” with a big smile on her face. “But a Pinkie Promise is a promise that will not be broken! Oh! And your party! You better be there, its tomorrow at 5 PM alright?”

“Yeah, alright. I've been needing something to do all week and a party should gove me something to do tomorrow.”

“And I didn't invite Twilight!”

“Wait – You didn't invite Twilight? Why not!”

“Because, silly, I knew you liked her so I made it so that you could invite her to the party yourself! You two will be the biggest love birds at the party its going to be sooo cute!”

“That's the problem Pinkie, I'm not sure if she likes me back.”

“Well, you just have to give Twilight a chance before you say that, shes just a little shy!” she says enthusiastically, raising my hopes with her.

“Alright Pinkie, thanks, and I'll see you tomorrow.” I say to her.

“Be there! 5 PM Sharp! You PINKIE PROMISED, remember?”

“Yeah I remember, I'll be there Pinkie. Later.” I said, and before I even knew it, she was gona again in another bright flash of pink.

The day dragged on, and it seemed like there was absolutely NOTHING to do in this place even though it was Ponyville. Fluttershy... I though, wondering what she had been up to since I had left the hospital since I didn't see her very often. So I decided that I pop in on her and say hi.

That was something that I wasn't ever very good at, saying hi. I had pretty much messed that up with Twilight when I had wanted to say hi, and Fluttershy is so sensitive that I may possible offend her just by saying 'hi'. I got lost in my deep train of thought, thinking of how adept I am at being a social outcast. I had been staring at the ground while I was walking to her home, which was just outside of Ponyville. But how should I confront Fluttershy to talk? I was starting to over-think everything about meeting Fluttershy, another one of my worse qualities. I also had a tendency to be a fast walker, but... –

My train of thought was derailed as my snout collided with cold, metal object that was the size of a mailbox. I fell to the ground, my 'fast' walking causing me to hit my head pretty hard on the mailbox, and I could tell that it actually was a mailbox from all of the letters floating in the air, gracefully coming back down to earth. I reach up feeling my nose from the damage, my vision still blurry from impact. My hoof was obviously red, not from any cuts, but my nose was bleeding, and pretty bad at that. I mean... The blood, I've never been one for blood, and I usually pass out at the sight of it.

I thought that I was doing pretty well, having seen blood and not passing out. I heard the faint, distinct sound of a door opening not too far away. I... was starting... to pulse in and... out of consciousness... but I heard wings and a light breeze over my head, seeign a yellow blob through my dazed eyes.

“Oh... My! Are you alright? Sky? Sky...”

My mind falls of the edge, plummeting me into another spur of unconsciousness. Damn it, you'd think I'd learn to be more careful just walking around, this cant be good for my health at ALL. And from what I remember, I didn't even hit the mailbox that hard.

I wake up, standing in front of Twilight, her head hanging low. I thought that I was just at Fluttershy's, and I know that it was not a dream, the pain from hitting the mailbox real.

“It's time for you to go.” She said, but the voice wasn't her own. It was familiar, I just couldn't place where I had heard it before.

“This is my new home though... I actually have friends here... this is now my home. Why would I ever want to leave?” I asked.

“Its not that you will want to leave... no one here like you... not even Twilight.” Talking in 3rd person? She never talks in 3rd person, “I mean, me, I don't even like you.”

“You're not the Twilight I know, the Twilight I know wouldn't tell me that its my time to go. Even she knows that Ponyville is now my home.”

She grins with a sense of evil inseminating from her, a single tooth showing in the corner of her mouth. “Oh, but I must say, deception is too easy, and now you must go!” she said, looking up at me with a glowing horn. Her eyes were no longer a beautiful violet, they were a snake-like yellow. Her horn suddenly exploded with a bolt of lighting coming straight at me, screaming “YOUR TIME TO GO IS NOW!”

The lightning blinded me, throwing me off my guard, and I awoke to Fluttershy standing over me with a first aid box in her mouth ready to tend to my wounds. I now realized who the voice was. I slowly opened my eyes, the sun partially blinding me. “Discord...” and I fell back into unconsciousness.