• Published 11th May 2014
  • 312 Views, 7 Comments

One Pony's Trash - Flames173



A young foal, abandoned at birth by his parents, goes through the challenge of life every day. He soon comes face to face with the toughest challenge any pony has dealt with before.

  • ...
 7
 312

Light in the Darkness

"Thanks for dinner Ms. Smith." A young gray colt said to an aging mare.

"Your welcome Sky, see you tomorrow?" His green hostess said.

"Aw no, I can't do that to you, you've done so much for me already. You took me into your home and taught me proper English and fed me for who knows how long for nothing in return, I can't take anything else from you."

"Ok have a good night."

"Bye!" Sky Slicer called back to his near adopted mother as he left her homestead. He trotted down the dirt path through the apple orchards down to town all the while wondering what the future held. It was considerably late at night by the time he reached the town. The moon had risen a solid three hours ago and was considerably high in the sky. Many houses were just turning lights off as their inhabitants went to sleep. Sky's dark grey coat blended in well with the night, though his hardly off white mane stuck out like a sore thumb. He paused when he heard two older mares talking.

"Look Twilight, It's a very dangerous journey, I can't let you do it." A perfectly white alicorn said.

"I don't care, I'm a princess now, I ha-" The smaller purple one was cut off.

"Yes, you are a princess, you can't go out into the midst of a war most ponies don't know about! What if you die? What would I say to your subjects? 'Your princess went off into a war you had no clue happened and she was murdered?' Yeah, that would go over well!"

"But I've earned my alicorn status! I'm immortal."

"Twilight, you aren't invincible, immortality only protects against natural causes, you can be slain in battle."

"But Celestia, I know spells most ponies couldn't even dream of! I can do this!" The purple one pleaded.

"That's enough Twilight, you're staying here, my royal guards can handle it."

"But she is too powerful! She has her own army!"

"I said that's enough!" Celestia stamped her hoof as she heard a nearby trash can topple over. She and Twilight looked.

"Uhh. Hi." Sky said awkwardly as he got up. Celestia slowly walked towards him. He panicked and shot magic from his horn. All that resulted was a hardly blinding flash of light. "Hey, I can use magic!" He looked up at the princess now looming over him. "And I'm dead."

"I believe we have found our answer." Celestia said as she grabbed the colt with her magic and pulled him over to Twilight.

"A little colt?" She asked confused. "What is he going to do?"

"Remember project XD001?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah, so?"

"He is just right for it."

Twilight thought for a moment. "You're right."

"XD001?" Sky asked with a gulp from his magic prison. "I don't like the sound of that."