• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 3,185 Views, 44 Comments

Taismo: Discovering Equestria - RockStarMLP



A misuse of Chaos Control sends two of Mobius's most recognized heroes to a new world called Equestria. As they find a way home, they explore and enjoy the world of magic and friendship by six new best friends

  • ...
23
 44
 3,185

Chapter 15

A few days have gone by since Tails and Cosmo returned to Mobius. The moment they got back, they settled in back home with all their gifts from Equestria, putting them away accordingly. Since then, they had the first night to themselves in peace and quiet, with the next day being a visit from Cosmo’s family. Earthia and her clan were delighted to see the two safe and sound again, but also introduced the topic of the events that took place in the couple’s absence.

The next day included a visit from Dr. Eggman, Shadow, Maria, Sonic, Amy, Cream, and Gohan. They all explained about what happened after the couple disappeared – the interdimensional search party, the difficulty finding the complete set of Chaos Emeralds, all the attacks by the Brotherhood of Darkness, and the presence of Dark Oak and Galvatron. Not too many details were gone into except for what happened on Mobius, but for the two to learn about everything that happened in their absence, it was best put as unpredictable, seeing now unbelievable wasn’t the right fit given the past. Learning about all that made their time with the ponies like a vacation from war.

The day following involved working around the house with the usual chores to do. Even though they knew their friends looked over the house in their absence, they decided to check things that needed to be done again or additional effort. Cosmo’s main focus came down to her greenhouse and outside garden, tending to the plants and assuring their healthy states. It was still technically winter, even though most of the snow was gone and it was just cold, so she put main focus on the greenhouse plants. Staying inside for most of a cold day was a preferred choice to her any time.

“Alright, there we go, all nice and fed,” she said to herself, using her watering can to place some water in the soil for the plants that needed it. “I guess my mother and sister were the ones to look out for the flowers. They look very healthy, and a little Seedrian shine.”

To her, a Seedrian shine meant a stronger sense of connection between plant life and the Seedrian people, as the race did have the genetics of plants to begin with. It was more of a spiritual sense to most of the population, but those such as Cosmo and her family, they had a deeper connection that exemplifies what their people accomplish.

“Now, let’s see, what should I do next?” she asked herself, trailing her eyes around for inspiration. Sitting under one of the counters were stacked flower pot trays next to a pale of soil. She thought for a moment and made a decision. “You know, why not? I’d like to see what seeds she gave me anyway.”

She got one of the smaller trays and put some soil in it. Then, she went back into the other room to get the pack of seeds Fluttershy gave her. Her original intention was wait until she could use her outside garden again, but as a test, she would take only a few of the seeds to plant and grow to see what would happen, and the little packet was packed with seeds of many kinds.

“There’s enough to fill almost a whole row for outside. I’ll just take four seeds for now,” she decided.

Cosmo took four seeds out and planted them gently into the preset soil. After putting another layer of soil in the tray, she put a little water in and set it up on a higher sill to get some light from the sky.

“That should do it. I hope I get to show this to the ponies sometime soon,” she said happily. “Maybe I can consider a special gardening workshop to bring worlds together to discuss all types of flower care. But, maybe, with Kim I could…” Her open thinking got cut off by a small growl from her stomach, prompting her to think otherwise. “Well, maybe I can think with a snack. Or maybe, a little treat.”

/)∞(\

Down in his workshop, Tails was tending to his mechanical projects and computer systems. His productivity with them took a grinding halt after Dark Oak’s attack a couple weeks ago, and with his business launch still a dream of his, he wanted to get however much done he could. When finishing some tune-ups to his aerial fleet, he used his laptop computer to work on his interdimensional programming, most particularly the dimensional gates he had there.

“Alright, now let’s take a look at the entire interface’s catalog,” he murmured, “then we can establish the permanent connection link here.”

Dr. Eggman and Gohan explained how that, once the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds connected with the one emerald that was in Equestria, they made sure the dimensional connection was studied, analyzed and programmed into the Team JAG dimensional gate and portal systems. It was a both a failsafe in case the connection then was lost, and a desire to keep for future events. The ‘egg-ceptional’ Doctor told him the identity he gave the then unknown world of ponies – TCCE1123. Being the newest found dimension, it took the fox a while to find it.

“Here we go,” he said when it was found, and then accessed the data. “Now all I have to do is take the digital code for Equestria, program it into our home gates as a ‘preferred’ code, and it’ll automatically back up in all our electronic devices.”

As his fingers quickly typed along the keyboard to activate the process, he thought to himself about the Chaos Emeralds. “The fact that they naturally sent us to Equestria, it means that we can rely on them to travel between worlds, too, just like what Sonic did before. Even the Master Emerald has the code encrypted inside, so we have that backup, too. I think that, one of these times, I should ask to have all the emeralds and practice my powers with their energy more. If I do, then I can try learning to open portals myself and travel from my own will...”

Doing this would make him even busier than he’s already making himself, especially with his biggest intentions for the year. Nevertheless, he had the confidence to carry out as many goals as possible, just like always. He completed typing the sequence he needed for the computer program to work how he needed it, and the screen displayed a ‘Processing…’ bar, gradually increasing in completed percentage.

His eyes then noticed a book he had sitting next to his computer. It was the book given by Twilight before he and Cosmo came back. He brought it down to his workshop to see if any of its contents would be useful for his needs with the portal process, but not as much as he thought, so instead he picked it up and began to give it a read.

He opened to one page that had one of his love’s bookmarks there to save the page, a section of history that detailed events after Discord’s reign. “I’ll leave this page alone for now,” he murmured to himself. “I want to take a look at that one holiday Twilight said was like our Halloween…” He skimmed through the pages until he came across the subject. “Ah, here it is, Nightmare Night…”

Part of Tails's software work included adapting a translator program to read Equestrian script, which he managed to do a day prior, so he was able to read more than what he could before. He spent a little while reading about other world’s history as he waited for the computer process to finish. As he was reading, his ear twitched when he heard footsteps coming down the staircase. Then, he heard the loveliest voice speak to him-

“Tails, are you hungry? I brought a treat for you.”

Just a few seconds later, Cosmo entered the workshop with a couple plates of treats – slices of Pinkie’s cake, apples from Applejack, and a small pitcher of the cider from Rainbow Dash. He saw the treats, and his taste buds didn’t want to take a pass on this. “Thanks, Cosmo. That all looks great,” he said to her.

“Well it should,” she said. “I don’t think you’ve eaten a thing since breakfast.”

“Yeah, I’ve been keeping myself busy down here,” he admitted.

He closed the book and set it back next to the computer, and then wheeled over a nearby tool chest to use as a table. She sat the food down on top of it, and he poured cider out into a couple cups she brought with her. They both took a first bite of their cake slices together, and their mouths exploded with flavor. Whatever was done to make it, it blended so many flavors they couldn’t recognize all of them, and as scary as the thought was, it could give Cream and Amy’s baking a fierce challenge.

“Wow, this cake is very good. They know how to bake incredible cakes in Ponyville,” Cosmo stated.

“I know, and they gave us that whole cake to enjoy for ourselves. Just a slice would’ve been more than enough,” added Tails, and then he took another big bite of the dessert.

She could only chuckle at the sight, and continued to eat her cake in a more ‘behaved’ manner. Her eyes took a look at the computer screen, showing the current processing just moments away from being done.

“Is that the program for the dimensional gate?” she asked.

After noticing her looking at the screen, he replied “Yeah, it was pretty easy to set up. Thanks to Eggman having it preprogrammed with the Team JAG network, it saved me the hassle of going out to Angel Island and bother Knuckles and Rouge to study the Master Emerald’s energy for the data.”

“Indeed,” she said, and had another bite of cake. “It’ll be nice to know we can travel to and from the ponies’ world whenever we’d like. It’s such a wonderful place, and so many wonders we were told about but didn’t see. And the girls, they were just…”

Noticing her pause mid sentence, he looked at her sympathetically and said “They were incredible. I’ve never met friends like them since, well, all of us here.”

She nodded gently and added “I know we just came back a few days ago, but I already miss them.”

“Me too,” he said. “We owe them a lot, and I mean a lot, for that week. That show was just the start of it.”

“They treated their world as our own, and Twilight did so much to help us find a way back. In the end, she managed to do that,” she went on to say.

Tails finished off his cake and took a drink of cider before cleaning his space up and setting the apple on the workbench. He leaned back in his seat for a moment, his eyes looking at the Equestrian book again. “You know, I love all that they did for us, but being back home, it feels so much better, don’t you think?”

Looking at him, Cosmo replied with “Of course it does. We thought… well, I thought for a time we’d never get back to see everyone here. Our family, our friends, the band, all the worlds we know. Still, I do miss Equestria very much.”

“Because it felt so much like home,” the fox said, stating the common thought between the two. “It’s a brand new place with brand new faces and creatures, and it still felt like being here, but the difference is that’s their world they welcomed us into when we appeared out of nowhere.”

“And we haven’t done the same to them,” said the young Seedrian woman.

“Right. I mean, it feels so much better to find our way back here because it’s where we’re from. Now that our worlds are connected, we can share what we have with them,…” Tails said, but found himself cut off as Cosmo finished his thought with “…and we can hopefully bring them to Mobius one day.”

“Exactly, or… maybe even a week?”

Tails’s last suggestion caught Cosmo off guard as she was about to take the last bite of her cake, looking up at him with a smirk portraying an idea. “A week, like what we… but you mean that when the right time comes…”

She was interrupted when a vocal alert sounded from her love’s computer, indicating the completed process. “Dimensional Portal Synchronization for Dimension Code TCCE1123 Completed.” A window on the screen showed this and the completed processing bar, to which Tails saw this and hit a key to proceed the concluding steps.

The next vocal alert made said “Please enter password to edit Dimensional Profile.” He did just that, one longer and better encrypted than what he used years ago on the Blue Typhoon.

“Please enter new Dimensional ID. If you wish to make this a Preferred ID, re-enter password and then enter Preference Code.” That was the next command, and so the fox changed the current code into the new ID – Equestria – and then re-entered the password. Next, he entered a special code only he and Cosmo know to work the Preference confirmation. After a click of a certain keyboard key, the computer gave the confirmation.

“New Dimension ‘Equestria: Preferred’ is Saved to all Team Sonic Network devices. Dimensional Gate ‘#001HOME’ Programming Completed. Synchronizing with all Team Sonic Network Gates…

“Synchronization Complete.”

“Well,” Tails said, turning his head to his beloved Cosmo, “that’s it. We’re officially connected with Equestria.”

“That’s wonderful! We really need to plan a surprise visit there soon,” Cosmo said, beaming with joy and excitement. “But what you were saying just before, do you think… that we can give them a week of our own to offer?”

The fox just kept smiling as he answered her with “We’ll see soon enough, but Gohan and I were considering a different offer yesterday that he’s had Jason talking to the band about now.” He then grabbed his apple, a Red Delicious, and took a big bite out of its juicy and delicious body. “As for now, we should at least try to plan something little.”

“I agree, and perhaps a small gift of our own with all the things they gave us before we came back. Perhaps Mother and the girls could help with suggestions,” Cosmo said, and then looked at the book on the workbench. She opened it up to the page she had saved, a section about the Royal Sisters and their alicorn magic.

“Tails, I’ve been reading about the magic ponies like Twilight and all the Princesses have. That also made we think about how she used the Chaos Emerald to open that portal.”

“You mean her combined magic connecting with the Master Emerald?” he asked.

“Yes,” she told him, “but a part of my reading here said how alicorn magic is nearly boundless, able to perform any spell imaginable compared to unicorns. Do you think that it’s possible for Twilight to open another portal with an emerald, with a certain spell?”

This made the fox think of all the research spent in the library and how the creation of magic seemed to work for ponies. “Well, it is possible. It just requires the right focus and power to do it, and judging by how she used her magic and from what we’ve learned from them all, perhaps we could find a way to instruct her on how…”

He was technically done speaking, but he noticed something slip out of the book, catching it as it almost hit the ground. It was one of the pictures they were given with the book. He held it up in a manner so that both he and Cosmo could look at it, which gave her another idea.

“Tails, do you think you can take a longer break from your work?” she asked.

“Of course, Cosmo, but why? Did you think of something?” he asked in return.

“I want to do one of our small gift ideas for everypony,” Cosmo replied. “I want to send a note back to their world, but first, we need to go upstairs and change into our newest clothes. Then, I want to see if the Master Four, perhaps Atem would be best, to help create something special we can send Twilight, too.”

/)∞(\

Life in Ponyville always shimmers and shines, everypony looking towards their days to be fine. The small-town Equestrians were at her normal daily routines with the occasional situation that would come up, but one thing that carried on through were the memories shared of meeting the new fox and flower friends they had made. Nopony would have starting to think and talk about them more than the six closest friends in Ponyville, who were all wondering the same thought-

“I wonder when we’ll get the next chance to see them again.”

In recent times, each of the Mane 6, the title given by Tails and Cosmo’s friends during the concert that stuck to their group identity, handled their usual, and occasionally unusual, responsibilities. Applejack was busy with her family, just recently returning from a road trip regarding a genealogical mystery, who were arguing about how to take care of certain chores around the farm. Its result involved the youngest Apple breaking through the barn door, and colliding and breaking an apple storage bin, sending hundreds of apples across the front field.

Pinkie Pie, the pony of a million ways to make a pony smile, trotted around town with a baby carriage in front of her. She was showing her responsible side by taking the Cake twins on a stroll around town, teaching them when, and when not, they could tap into their natural talents in public. At the same time, she did it through a song so catchy, townsponies got caught into the fun themselves.

Feeling overworked on some orders for Canterlot customers who heard of her Manehattan Fashion Week victory, Rarity decided to spend some time at the spa, bring her less than willful sister as company. Some stress she had to have lifted was kindly but sternly telling Sweetie Belle about how the Cutie Mark Crusaders was good at heart, but at the same time wrong to do. The little white filly admitted her shame and explained her side in hope for more clarity, although the older ponies already knew the story. Afterwards, Rarity decided to share what she and her friends did with their Mobius visitors while the Crusaders had a guest of their own.

An ill bat was in the caring attention of Fluttershy after eating a bad breakfast at the mare’s cottage. It was in no condition to fly or move so much, so she gave her patient some medicine and food, and a little basket made into a bed in her bedroom to rest in. After watching it fall asleep after a big yawn, she grinned happily and left her room to finish another task – filling out and mailing an observation request form to the Equestrian Society for the Preservation of Rare Creatures.

But flying in the skies above were Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, both returning from a trip to Cloudsdale. The subject of Snowstar was a matter the Princess and her friends immediately took care of after Tails and Cosmo returned home, and she wanted to personally discuss what the fragile blind filly and the Cutie Mark Crusaders had told her with those in Snowstar’s life. There were moments when Twilight’s new role were an issue, but she kept her focus on the matter at hand with the help of her cyan friend, who was there to have more straight-forward discussions with her hometown’s citizens.

In the end, as hard as it was at the beginning, Snowstar remained with her family, who were more than happy and relieved to find the little filly was alright. With the purple alicorn’s promise that the solution they negotiated about would be asked for personal approval by Princess Celestia, and promising Snowstar a visit from the Crusaders in the near future, she and Rainbow returned home to tend to their own responsibilities. As they flew through the skies of Equestria, they discussed what had just happened, and to the cyan pegasus’s interest, her royal best friend’s flying.

“No, Twilight,” Rainbow Dash argued, “I think it’s important. You’ve kept trying to avoid flying, and yet here you are, flying without a hitch. Well, other than that little turbulence we hit just after leaving, but you’re flying great.”

“Rainbow, flying isn’t as big a deal to me as it is to you,” Twilight replied. “I mean, I’ll eventually fly on occasion for pleasure, and always for something important, but it’s still new to me.”

“But here’s a good tip- the more you’re in the air, the better you get. The better you get, the more fun you’ll have. Trust me, getting in the air more often will do more than you think,” Rainbow said back.

“Fine. I’ll consider it,” the purple mare said. She wanted a new topic to discussed, so she decided to talk again about Snowstar. “I just hope my suggestion for Snowstar will have Princess Celestia’s approval.”

Without much of a thought at first, Rainbow replied “I’m sure she will. You heard what her parents said, Twilight. I can’t believe I call myself a Cloudsdalean with pegasi that act so mean to a kid. Running away wasn’t the best idea for Snowstar to do alone, but getting away from all that hate will be better, even if it is only temporary.”

The Princess sighed to herself. Her suggestion to have Snowstar’s family relocate to Ponyville for a while and provide a place to stay and employment for her parents was a good idea, but it was still only temporary. “At least if this works out, she’ll be able to be with the girls for a while. I hated to see that sad goodbye when we left earlier.”

“Yeah, me too,” the pegasus said. Remembering how Scootaloo was acting choked her up a little, just enough to swallow down and keep to herself. “I wonder if that was how Tails felt. You know, before their friends showed up, and…”

The conversation led into the visions the Mane 6 saw of Cosmo’s demise and Tails’s broken heart that one unforgettable day. The two flew quietly for a few awkward seconds before Rainbow spoke again.

“Sorry. Bad topic,” she apologized.

“No, it’s ok,” Twilight told her friend. “I thought that a little, too.”

“I wonder how the two are doing back home. They must be having a blast with all their friends again,” Rainbow stated.

Enjoying the idea of a more positive topic, the purple pony said “No need to imagine that. I learned a lot about Mobius when I was helping them find a way back. It must be an incredible world to see, not to mention just amazing to live at.”

She then thought of the two friends that she and her best friends came to know during that week. It felt like it was an eternity ago, when it reality it had only been less than a week. Their times did have some ‘bumps’ once or twice, but overall the ponies shared with the couple their home as they would with anypony else, or with just about any visitor. The two flying ponies began to come close to Ponyville before she spoke again.

“I wonder if there was some kind of destiny that would bring two different worlds that shared similar virtues together like what Chaos Control did for them, what it brought to us,” she pondered.

“Can’t say I’d know that kind of stuff. That’s more up Princess Celestia’s alley,” the cyan pegasus replied. “I’m just wondering, though- do you think we’ll see them again sometime soon, or at least know how they’re doing?”

“I don’t know,” Twilight answered, “but I’m sure that they’re just fine. And hopefully someday soon, we’ll have a new adventure with them.”

The two flyers then descended down into Ponyville, landing in front of the Princess’s home with a small stretch to relax. Although they enjoyed getting back sooner than they expected, Rainbow’s lack of slowing down drove her to keep going with her day. “Thanks for helping Snowstar out so much, Twilight. I’d like to hang out more, but I need to go get my relay team to practice. The tryouts are coming up and we need to get back to training. I think I’ll stop by and check on Scoots, too.”

“It’s fine. I have some research I should catch up on anyway,” Twilight said. “Want to try to get everypony together later? We can tell them what happened and what to tell the girls.”

“Sure. We’ll figure out when we can all meet up with you here,” agreed Rainbow Dash. She then flapped her wings to get back in the air, say goodbye to her friend with “See ya later, Twi,” and then dashed off.

Twilight stood outside of her library for a couple seconds as she watched her friend take off, thinking to herself “Maybe someday I’ll get as good at flying as…” She then laughed a little at the thought of becoming Equestria’s greatest flyer’s equal. “I don’t think any alicorn abilities can make that happen.”

Then, she saw a light emitting from behind her, turning her head around to see its source. Whatever it was, it came from inside the library, lighting up every window inside the tree. The light lasted no more than a few seconds before fading away, followed by the sound of a very surprised dragon.

“Whoa!”

/)∞(\

The alicorn Princess swung open the library door as fast he her magic could, possibly ripping it off its hinges if it wasn’t for focus. When she got inside, she looked around to find, to her surprise, nothing out of the ordinary, nor her faithful assistant. She called for him to find where he was. “Spike?! Spike!?”

“Up here!” he called out.

She raced up the staircase to the second story of her home. Reaching the top, she found Spike right there by the staircase, with a small pile of books to his right as he was trying to put them away. He was staring towards the other side of the room, a shocked look on his face that resembled a Nightmare Night prank a certain pegasus pony pulled on him.

“Spike, what happened in here? What was that light?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” Spike replied. “One minute I was cleaning up all the books you spent last week researching through, and the next thing I know, a little light came out of nowhere and lit up the whole treehouse!” He then lifted his claw to point out and say “And when it faded, that showed up.”

Twilight looked in the direction he pointed towards, finding an envelope lying on the ground. The top flap was pointed down, and was shown sealed with a sticker of a red rose. She stepped up to it for a closer look, not treading caution but keeping a cautious mind. After all, nopony knows what could happen anytime, anywhere in Equestria.

Using her magic, she picked up the envelope and inspected it, starting with the back. Turning it over to the front, she found writing. Across the center read ‘Princess Twilight Sparkle’ in an elegant script. When she noticed the address of origin, she got her answer, and gasped happily as a result.

“What it is, Twilight?” the little dragon asked.

“It’s a letter from where they’re from. I can’t believe it,” she replied excitedly, and she used her magic to open the item, pulling out a folded piece of paper with writing on it.

Spike walked up to see what she was talking about, stepping up to where she let the envelope hover and read it himself. The address of origin simply read ‘From: The Prower Home: Mobius’ and nothing else. This put a smile on his face as well.

The purple pony open the tri-folded paper to find it covered in a handwritten message, and to the bottom right were other items held on by a yellowish gold paperclip. Her curiosity about that was set aside to read the letter first, yet the corner of her eye saw the corner of a picture. She read every word in silence, aggravating Spike for not being able to hear or read what it said at the same time.

/)∞(\

Dear Twilight,

We hope that you and everypony are doing well, even though it’s only been a short time since we’ve seen each other. This letter is our way to just let you know how happy we are to be back home, and sharing that amongst so many others. Also, we wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done again.

You and your friends helped us so much as we were trapped in an unknown place for so long. We couldn’t have been happier to change the description of being ‘trapped’ to being ‘blessed’ after meaning you all. The way you treated us is not something other worlds have done right from the start. Thank you for caring so much with your hearts.

Also, we’d like to thank you for the gifts you gave us to enjoy here at home. The apples and cider were great, and after sharing some with our friends, they agree too! A few flower seeds have been planted and we await to see how they grow, and the cake is so delicious it may not last the week between the two of us.

The other wonderful gifts you gave us also brings up good news. Our home and several different places on Mobius are prepared to open connections between our worlds at any time we’d choose. This letter is our first test, although we were more than confident in it after how your use of the Chaos Emerald helped connect them before. That, and knowing how Tails can be when he works on such projects himself, we know you got this immediately. Your book and Rarity’s gifts of apparel inspired us to add a little something to this message. One is a picture of us we’d like you to share with everyone, and the other is especially for you.

Enclosed is research done by Tails with the book you gave us and all the magical knowledge we have to our disposal. With that, and from all we’ve come to learn about how you can use magic, we may have found new magic for you to exercise that could result with you being able to open dimensional portals to us as we have to you. We cannot lie, it may not be easy, but you may enjoy the challenge. After all, there’s no pony we have all the faith of both Mobius and Equestria in than you, with help from your friends as well.

Consider this letter the first of many times we’ll be able to communicate together in the future. For us, we consider this another of many more ‘thank you’ gifts to come. Since coming home, we’ve told about our time in Equestria to many friends of our world and others, and it gets better every time we tell it, because we are reminded of a great new world with even greater new friends. Thank you Twilight – and Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie – for everything you’ve done, and being who you all are.

We wish you all the best in mastering this new magic we give you, and everypony else in their upcoming endeavors. Most of all, we can’t wait to see you all again soon, be it your world or ours. Thank you all again for everything!



Your friends,

Tails and Cosmo

/)∞(\

Twilight’s eyes gleamed with happiness, fighting off the desire to cry a couple small tears from the kind words, and judging by the script, written and worded by Cosmo. She then turned her attention to the two enclosed gifts. The first one was a folded piece of note paper, most likely containing the spell, but she looked at the second item first – the picture.

The picture was the couple standing in what appeared to be the inside of their home, perhaps the living room as there was a fireplace in the background. They were posed as if it was a professional, formal photo shoot. The fox stood to the right smiling with his left arm down and right arm noticed reaching around Cosmo’s back, and the flower stood opposite of him with her arms resting downward in front of her and having her own smiling expression as well. What made this picture particular special were the outfits they were wearing, the ones Rarity made for them.

Tails wore a suit specially tailored to his exact fit. The pants and coat matched with a shade of black just slightly lighter than typical black. Under the coat was a button-up shirt the same red as Cosmo’s rose buds, and seven buttons that were all different colors, but one matched the same purple as a certain emerald. Under the collar was a bowtie that was a light gray color that Twilight recognized from a certain vision. Lastly was his last-second-given wristband on his left wrist, having a gold base color and images too small to perfectly identify, but with an educated guess, it looked like several emeralds with a small image of the Mane 6’s cutie marks in the centers.

Cosmo stood wearing a beautiful gown, one that with just a little additional designing could be called a wedding dress. The design was inspired by her original outfit, but it was layer after layer of fabric shaped like flower petals, each layer colored differently and with green tips. It also showed having half-cut sleeves that had a similar layered petal appearance, but there was no fabric to cover the shoulders. Connected at the upper chest and rounding her neck was a strap decoratively studded with floral prints. The upper part of the gown held her Seedrian Spirit Stone on fabric that was decorated with leaved vines on top of silver silk. Lastly, what connected the two outfits by more than inspiration, was a wristband that she wore on her wrist, but this one looked to have several floral prints with emblems that depicted Mobian and Seedrian history.

The first thing to come out of Twilight’s mouth was “Wow, they look amazing. Rarity’s going to love seeing this.”

“See what, those two outfits she made?” Spike asked, unable to look directly at the picture himself. “Come on, Twilight, let me see.”

“Oh. I’m sorry Spike,” she replied, trying to add a chuckle to lighten things up. She used her magic to levitate the picture to him.

“Whoa,” he said as he took a look. “Rarity really does how to dress anyone. Then again, she is really talented and creative… and smart… and beautiful… and giving…” He began to become lost in his own little world, a world that revolved around his feelings for that particular mare.

Twilight did nothing but roll her eyes at his actions. Then, she gave him the letter to have a read of it himself, now focusing her attention on the second item from the letter.

She used her magic to open the note paper, unfolding it from its quarter-fold form. At a first glance of it, she saw it in Equestrian script in slight surprise. Her two former houseguests could only barely understand the pony’s script, but a small flashback in her memory recalled Tails mentioning something about a translator. Whatever that translator was, it must have worked to study what Equestrian script was to translate whatever Mobian script was.

“Hmmm… I see… That does make sense…”

The purple alicorn murmured to herself as she comprehended what was written. It was studied diligently, just like anything else she would set herself to study. Her murmuring and train of thought stopped after another voice sounded again.

“…from all we’ve come to learn about how you can use magic, we may have found new magic for you to exercise that could result with you…” The dragon began to read the letter aloud at that sentence’s paragraph, but stopped after putting pieces together. “Wow, an interdimensional spell you can do on your own. What do you think about that, Twilight?”

After a brief bit of silence, she answered with “I don’t know, Spike. It looks possible, but it’s still going to take some practice. Plus, this is coming from sources of different magic, so who knows if I can even pull it off.”

“Oh, come on. You’re the most magical pony in Ponyville… I take that back, the most in Equestria. They think you can do it, and I know you know you can do it, too,” Spike told her.

“Thanks Spike. It’s not that I don’t think I can do it. It’s just like with many other spells I’ve done before, this one’s going to be specially worked on. Plus this is magic that could change Equestria more than how they did.”

“How ‘they’ did?” asked the little dragon.

“Yes,” Twilight replied, “Tails and Cosmo. They found their way here, granted by accident, but they still found us. Now they’ve opened a door for us to find them, without relying on that Chaos magic they told us about.

“If I can pull this off, then we’ll create new connections with who knows how many other worlds. The places, the people, the atmospheres, the possibilities will be endless. I mean, who knows how many other worlds have creatures like Tails and Cosmo, or their friends from that band, or even entirely new creatures we could only imagine!”

“Sheesh, Twilight, take it easy,” Spike said. “We kind of already got that when their friends came by for the night, don’t you think?”

“Yes, but this is at such a bigger scale, and so much responsibility behind it, and…”

The dragon covered her mouth with his hand and said firmly “Twilight. Calm down.”

The mare let her racing mind settle down, and thus containing her excitement. “Thanks, Spike. I almost went a little too excited with that.”

“That’s why I’m here sister,” he said, and began to walk towards the stairs up to his bed, where a small bowl of jewels and a new comic book awaited him. “Where do you want these things?”

Seeing him wave the letter and picture in his claw, she said “Just set them on the desk please.” He did so, and then retreated upstairs.

Twilight then stepped over to the desk to set down the note paper with the other two items. On the same desk sat a pile of research notes revolving around a mysterious chest from the Tree of Harmony, the visions of Equestria’s past, and magic spells found in books from the Royal Sister’s old castle. She knew she had to return to that research and try to figure things out revolving around this new mystery, not to mention help make preparations for Snowstar’s family and their transition, but for another few minutes, she waited.

On her desk were a couple picture frames of more recent events. They showed two moments that really changed her life for the better. One was from her coronation into the land’s newest princess, surrounded by her best friends, her family, the Royal Sisters, and the day’s twilight behind them as they stood in the castle gardens. Another was a picture taken just before Tails and Cosmo returned home, with all the ponies, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and the couple’s homeworld friends together,

Neither world knew that those events would happen. For Tails and Cosmo, as they said, it was discovering a new world of new friends. For the purple alicorn princess, it was discovering two soul mates who, even when misplaced from their home, found her own to be safe and pleasant.

Twilight decided that, even with all the responsibilities she already has to take care of, a new one was added to the list. Her lessons in friendship made her think that a good friend is worth any effort, especially when give effort to you. She took a blank scroll and opened it up in the air in front of her, simultaneously dipping a writing quill in ink. Speaking aloud to herself, she began to write a returning letter to the newest friends of the ponies.



Dear Tails and Cosmo,

I hope that you both are doing as well as I know you are. This letter, like what yours was about, is to tell you that all is wonderful here in Ponyville. What this letter is, and will be, is the first response from all of us. I write this prior to the event when I create the magic to connect our worlds myself, send this to you, and eventually myself and my friends, to your home…

/)∞(\