• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,440 Views, 21 Comments

My Stepfather Discord - Raikage77



Life used to be normal, that was until my mom married him, now chaos is an everyday thing.

  • ...
4
 21
 1,440

Chaos With A Side Of Lunch

Chaos With A Side Of Lunch

August/12th/2013

This afternoon was as peaceful as it could get in our household. No chaos, no pranks, just the simplicity of a family hanging out on a good day; the only one who wasn't accounted for was Discord, and that was because he was off in the magical land of ponies to pick up his friend for the big lunch he had planned.

He had been gone since this morning, and if I knew anything about the chaos spirit, he was probably making a few side trips along the way. So, here I was with my mom in the kitchen, chopping up lettuce to put in the salad, with Taylor watching us from his highchair, drinking a sippy-cup full of chocolate milk. Thing was, he was drinking the sippy-cup itself, along with the milk.

John was sitting next to him, with his Nintendo 3DS; from the bgm coming from the game it was obvious that he was in the middle of one of his battles on his new Pokemon game. I asked him once why Pokemon had so many colors, I mean there was Pokemon blue and red, now there's what, X and Y I think it was called. Not even he could give me an answer to that question.

"So mom, what did dad say ponies eat?"

Mom glanced over her shoulder at him, then went back to making her homemade salad dressing, which was one of grandma's old recipes. "Well, they don't eat meat, that's for sure," she answered. "Other then that, I think they can eat everything we can."

John gave a nod, and went back to playing his game. "I hope they can eat cake," John uttered. "You spent all night making it, I'd hate for his friend not to be able to eat any."

"Speaking of cake, what kind did you make, mom?" I asked her.

Mom smiled. "The same kind we had for your birthday." She answered, "red velvet with vanilla frosting. But, no matter what kind of cake it is, it's not like it'll stop you from stuffing your face, right, Justin."

I nodded, chuckling. "Yeah, that's true."

"Cake~! Cake~," Taylor exclaimed, waving his half sippy-cup in the air. It was one of the many words he could say fully without messing up; he was smart for a toddler and could already count to five, even though he was only two and a half.

Mom smiled at the baby, as she continued adding spices to the dressing. "No cake right now, sweetie. You can have some after lunch, okay," she said to the half draconequus.

Taylor pouted. "Ice cre~!" He said, banging his cup in the highchair table.

"No ice cream either, Taylor," mom said with a sigh. "After lunch, then you can have ice cream."

Bam! Bam!

"Ice cre~!"

"I said no, Taylor."

"Ice~! Cre~! Now~!"

It was at this point that two things happened; now, usually a toddler throwing a tantrum wasn't a big deal, but with Taylor, it was a completely different story. He didn't know how to control his magic, and what he could control was just barely. Which was why that whole chocolate thunderstorm incident happened in the first place, we had no idea he'd even be able to do magic before then.

Anyway, the first thing happened was that John let out a loud yelp, I turned around just in time to see him drop the 3DS and dive out of his chair, the hand-held glowed a deep red, then exploded in a mini mushroom cloud, sending a corner of the table with it.

Me and Mom starred in shock at the toddler, mouths a gasp. He had done a lot of things during his tantrums before, like making things levitate and turning the couch into chocolate, but he never did something as spontaneous as making something explode, that was new.

"H-he ...blew up my game. He blew up my game," John uttered, still starring at the spot where his 3DS had been. He looked like he was about to cry, and it was understandable, that game was new.

A frown made it's way onto my mom's face, and she took action, marching over to the two year old and began scolding him."Bad boy! You don't do things like that just because you can't get what you want, you hear me! That was a very mean thing to do to your brother, Taylor!" The toddler's bottom lip started to quiver, and his eyes started tearing up. A moment later, the dam broke.

"Waahhhh~!"

"Oh God, here we go again," I uttered with a sigh, rubbing my hand down my face, before looking over to John. He was sitting on the floor, muttering something under his breath. "Hey, you alright, John?" I asked; I placed my knife down on the cutting board and walked over to him. "You know Taylor can't control what he does, it was an accident."

John looked up at me with a glare, then stood up. "I don't care if it was an accident! Every time he does something, that what you always say!" He shouted, before pointing at the white haired baby. "He's so annoying! He's always destroying stuff, and you act like it's okay!"

"John-," I began.

But he cut me off. "No, I can't stand him," John said. He whipped away the tears that were about to fall from his eyes, before stumping out the kitchen. As he went, I caught the last last bit of what he was muttering. "...I wish he was never my brother."

"Now, John, wait a minute!"

"Leave me alone!"

I groaned and sat down in one of the chairs at the table. Mom was still trying to calm down the bawling toddler.

This ...was gonna be a problem. And Discord was going to be here soon with his friend; that meant that if anything was going to get done, I'd either have to calm Taylor down and watch after him, or I'd have to cook in Mom's placed.

I tried to decide on what to do, but it ended up being decided for me.

"Justin, I'm going to calm down your brother in the living room." Mom said, picking the crying child up out of his highchair. "If you could finish up the salad for me, I'd really appreciate it."

"You don't have to ask, mom," I replied with a small smile. "Just let me handle it, and you go take care of Taylor."

"Thanks, sweetie. Remember to add only a little bit of pepper and cinnamon to the dressing, that's all it needs. ...Oh, and I almost forgot, slice up the tomatoes and cucumbers."

I nodded, and she walked out the kitchen, cooing to Taylor to try and get him to stop crying. I stood up and walked over to the cabinet. Opening it, I took out the two spices I needed for the dressing and closed it. I wasn't much of a cook, but I knew how to make the basic meals.

I glanced back at the corner of the table Taylor had destroyed, and let out another sigh. "Just when I thought things were going to be calm for at least one day," I muttered. Then I picked up my knife and got to work on lunch.

XxxxX

It took me about ten minutes before I was finished preparing the last of the food for lunch, I also checked the cake in the refrigerator while I was at it. Tossing the knife into the sank, I turned and looked at the table, placing a hand on my hip.

"Jeez …what are we going to do about this," I said in thought. The edge of the table was completely gone, and the wood around it was charred, making the kitchen smell faintly of burnt oak. "Discord's gonna have to fix this when he gets back." It was times like these, that I was happy to have the lord of chaos around. He could be real handy when he wanted to be, and the magic helped, too.

After pondering over it, I chose to leave the table for Discord to fix, I walked out into the living room to chill out for a little bit.

Mom had finally gotten Taylor to stop crying, now all he was doing was babbling and sitting on her lap watching television. John hadn't made any noise at all, so he was probably talking to his pet rabbit about everything he hated and how life wasn't being fair, he did that sometimes when he was angry.

I plopped down in the arm chair at near the end of the coffee table. "So ...about the table, I think Discord's going to have to fix that," I said to mom.

She gave a nod. "Yeah. I thought the same thing," she replied, before starring down at the toddler. "I still can't believe he blew something up. I thought that maybe he'd have to be a little bit older before he could do something like that. He's not even three, yet."

"Well, considering who his dad is, I'm not really that surprised," I said.

Mom sighed, then shook her head. "It's not just that I'm surprised. I'm worried more then anything, I mean, what if he does something like this when he starts school, and God forbid he gets someone hurt or worst with one of his outbursts."

"The best thing I can think of to do, is to talk to Discord about it," I said, watching the two-year-old as he giggled loudly, clapping his hands to Jerry hitting Tom in the face with an hot iron. He was alright for now. I just hoped it stayed that way.

"You're right," she agreed. "Your stepfather knows more about this chaotic magic then the rest of us. He'll know what to do." Mom then looked down at the toddler on her lap. "Isn't that right, sweetie. Your daddy knows a lot about magic, doesn't he," she cooed.

Taylor gave a toothy smile, showing off his one sharp tooth. "Aba~!" He stuck his hands out and a new sippy-cup full of chocolate milk appeared within his reach, it wasn't like when his father willed something to appear magically with the usual white flash. It just wasn't there, then it was. No flash. Taylor took the cup into his hands and started drinking, and the same thing happened as it did every time, the cup started to vanish from the bottom up.

For the next few minutes we sat there passing the time, watching old cartoons on Boomerang.

Then there was a flash at in front of front door, and there stood Discord in his normal draconequus form, in his own fur rather then wearing clothes.

"I'm back, everypony, did you miss me~!"

Mom smiled as she stood up. "It's everyone, Discord. You tend to forget that this isn't Equestria whenever you come back from visiting."

"Well, rather it's one or the other, you understand what I mean," Discord said with a goofy smile. "What are you going to do, sue me?"

"I just might, hon," Mom said, teasingly.

"Dada~!"

Discord gave a grin and floated over to the pair. "Aha~ and there's my little bringing of chaos," he said, as he picked up the toddler. "You're gonna spread chaos where ever you go, aren't you, little one?"

"Aba~! Aba~!" Taylor giggled, waving his arms about in the air.

Of course, my full attention wasn't on Discord anymore. It was on the small creature that was left standing by the door. It looked timidly up at me, and took a backtrot towards the door.

The small creature had a pastel yellow coat, along with a pink mane and looked to be female. Her muzzle was shorter then a normal pony's would be, and her eyes were bigger then normal. I tilted my head to the side, to get a better look at the appendages I had spotted on it's back behind her mane.

...They looked like folded wings. Which meant that she had to be a-.

"Pegasus, huh …?" I said, before turning my head in Discord's direction. "Dude, your friend is a pegasus?"

The chaos lord abruptly stopped playing with Taylor, and gave me a nod. "Why, yes she is, Justin," Discord said, appearing in a white flash next to the Pegasus in question. "Allow me to introduce you all to my good friend, Fluttershy. Go on dear, don't be shy, now." He nudged the pony a bit.

The yellow pony glanced up at him, before turning back to me and Mom, hiding slightly behind her mane. "I ...I-I'm ...uh," she stuttered out. "H-hello."

I decided to help her along by introducing myself. "Hi ...I'm Justin, and this here is my mom." I greeted, kneeling down on one knee. I had the feeling that my height was what was intimidating her the most.

Mom walked up beside me and smiled as she greeted the timid pony. "My name's Dominique; I'm a nurse at the city hospital, I'm also Discord's wife," she said.

"W-w-wife?" The yellow pony squealed out in surprise, turning her attention to the draconequus and toddler. "B-but since when …? When did this happen, if you don't mind me asking, that is?"

"I don't mind you asking at all," Discord said, laughing a bit. "Ah ha ha~ you should see the look on your face, though! Priceless!"

"I'm just surprised, you've only been set free for a year, and you're already married," She uttered. I noticed that she wasn't only starring at Discord anymore, but Taylor as well. "A-and, um ...is he yours?"

"Why, yes he is." Discord said, holding closer to her a bit. "Fluttershy, this is Taylor, my heir and son of chaos. Isn't he just the most wonderful thing."

"Pony~!" Taylor shouted out, happily, reach out and gently touching the yellow mare's muzzle.

The pony, Fluttershy, giggled at the baby. "Awe~ he's so cute. I didn't even know you could have foals with different creatures that weren't like yourself."

"Neither did I, but you know me. Even after a thousand years I still manage to somehow surprise myself from time to time," Discord replied. "And believe me I was very surprised when I found out about the little tyke."

"So, how old is he?"

Discord was about to answer, but Mom beat him to it. "He's two and a half," she answered. "Taylor will be turning three in a few months."

"Really, I thought he was at least a few months, since Discord has only been free for about a year now," Fluttershy said.

"Well, believe it of not, time moves differently here then it does in Equestria. A few months there, is about a few year here." Discord informed her. He glanced around the room, and a sudden look of realization made it's way onto his features. "Um ...I probably should have asked this sooner, but where is Johnny boy?" He asked, using the nickname he sometimes used for my little brother.

Mom sigh, before she answered. "Upstairs in his room. He would be down here right now, but someone threw a tantrum over ice cream and made his game explode," she said, plainly.

"And when you say explode, you don't mean-."

"That mushroom cloud thing you do? Yeah, that one."

"Oh ...that is ...marvelous~!" Discord cheered, lifting the chaotic toddler into the air. "Not even three and he already found out how to make things go boom, that's my boy! Ah ha ha~!"

"Boom~!" Taylor chirped, mimicking the draconequus.

I couldn't help but frown at this. Discord was a good dad all in all, making the best out of the small things that Taylor did, and he always cleaned up after the toddler, but somethings you just can't encourage from a child. This was one of them.

"Discord, you can't make it like what he did was a good thing," I said, seriously. "He destroyed someone's stuff and took some of the table with it."

"Um ...I know I'm not the one to tell you how to raise your foal," Fluttershy added. "B-but, if he did something bad, you should let him know it's not right."

Discord sighed, and gave a nod. "You're right. I guess I have to do what any good father would do." With that being said, he brought Taylor to eye level and began talking to him; though, in truth, it was hard to tell if he was scolding him or giving him a pep talk. "Now, listen here my little spawn of chaos, even though I'm proud of what you can do, and truly I am. You did a very, very bad thing to your brother."

"And the table," Mom interjected.

"Yes, and the table. So the next time you see John, I want you to say sorry." Taylor scrunched up his little face at the word, for a two-year-old, it seemed funny that he disliked the word 'sorry' so much. He rarely said it, if ever. "Am I understood, Taylor."

"Aba~."

"Goodie! You see, he understands. Now for the table."

Snap!

"Done, now I'll go talk to John, then we can all enjoy lunch." Discord passed Taylor off to my mom and flashed away to John's room; me and Mom started towards the kitchen and Fluttershy followed, trotting behind us, her hooves clapping against the floorboards.

The table in the kitchen was now fixed back to it's former state, with a sky blue table cloth draped over it. Discord did way more then just fix the table. He also setup the plates and had the food placed in the center. We all took a seat, though I'll admit it was quite weird seeing the pegasus pony climb into the chair between mom and Taylor and sit on her hind legs.

Discord and John appeared a moment later, the latter still looking upset, but not as much as he did a while ago.

"John," the lord of chaos began, leading the per-teen over to Taylor. "I believe your brother has something to say to you."

Taylor looked up at John. "I Sorry~!" He chirped out.

John didn't say anything for a moment. Then he sighed. "It's fine, just don't mess up my game again," he uttered. "Dad made me another one."

After everything was settled and the food was passed out among ourselves, we happily ate and had quite a few interesting conversations with Fluttershy. She told us about how she took care of the animals and even ran an animal care center of sorts from home, she even told us about her bunny rabbit, Angel. Apparently, one of her best friends, another pegasus named Rainbow Dash was apart of the weather team in ...Ponyville; one of the oddest names for a town I've ever heard.

But, then again, she did come from a world where ponies talk.

"So, Fluttershy, what is your favorite animal?" I asked, taking a bite of tomato.

She thought on it for a moment, and said. "Well, I really like all the animals, and I enjoy their company," Fluttershy answered. "But I really love bunny rabbits, especially my little Angel."

"Ya know, that might be something you and John have in common," Mom said, smiling. "He has his own bunny he takes care of. Most boys his age would've asked for a dog, but all he wanted was a rabbit."

"Yeah, she's really nice," John announced. "Her name's Annie. She loves all type of vegetables. But, carrots are her favorite thing to eat."

"That's wonderful, maybe we can have an animal play date for her and Angel," Fluttershy suggested, before turning to my mom. "Um, if that's okay with you, that is."

"I don't mind at all, Shy," Mom said. I shook my head, a smile appearing on my face. We just met her and Mom was already giving her a nickname. But, we were really hitting it off, and Fluttershy didn't seem to mind. "As long as Discord is there and I know he safe, I don't see the problem in letting him visit sometime."

"Yes! Looks like I get to go to Ponytown!" John exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air.

"Um, it's actually, Ponyville," Fluttershy corrected him.

"Yeah ...right, that's what I meant, Ponyville!"

And so the rest of lunch continued like that; after about an hour of so, it was time for Fluttershy to head home to take care of her animal friends, John was pretty sad about it, but Discord said he'd see when she'd be able to visit again, along with the animal play date. Mom gave the yellow pegasus the rest of the left over cake to share with her other friends.

"And remember, dear, you're welcome to come by anytime," Mom said as she handed Discord the tray of cake to hold for her.

Fluttershy gave a shy smile. "Thank you. If you are okay with having me, I'll be sure to visit."

"Alrighty then, are you ready to go, Fluttershy," Discord asked, putting a paw on her mane.

She nodded, then sent us a wave. "Bye, it's been a pleasure meeting you all."

"See ya, and don't forget about our play date."

"And be sure to stay safe, Shy," Mom said, waving back.

"Aba~ Pony~!" Taylor chirped.

I gave my own farewell, then she and the lord of chaos were on their way just like that.

It was too bad I had to work tonight, but I wasn't complaining, I had a pretty great day so far.