• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 756 Views, 15 Comments

Obsessions - Derpyx0



Lyra is dead, and Redheart thinks she knows what killed her. Is she willing to pay the price?

  • ...
3
 15
 756

A Guard's Tale: Part Three

Blaze was in a daze until he heard the words "Get out, now." It was Redheart. Oh, Redheart. Stupid, stupid Redheart. No, it's not Redheart's fault. It's Hers. No matter who's fault it was, Blaze followed Redheart's command. He made his way out of her house, and to his own. When he got there, he immediately checked his booze. Yup. Just as he thought. Six bottles were missing, and he could only think of who drank them. "Stupid stupid stupid!" Blaze yelled, pounding his head against the wall. When he was sober, he would go over to Redheart's and apologize. At least now he knew that it wasn't either of their faults. After shutting the cabinet, Blaze felt a throbbing pain in his head. Trying to ignore it, he closed his eyes until sleep washed over him.

"Get out. Now."

"Blaze, I just can't do this anymore! I just can't! Just... Leave. Now."

"B- but sweetheart. I'll have nowhere to go! I- I have to stay!"

"Well, you should have thought of that before you got drunk and hurt Plug! Leave! Now, or I'll... I'll call the cops! I'll call the cops! I'll call the cops! I'll call the cops!"

Blaze awoke with a jolt. He hadn't realized how similar those two situations had been. But this time, he hadn't hurt anypony. Luckily. Still the two situations were too similar for his liking. Redheart and Her... they both hated him. He had failed them both. And it was all because of... "Argh! Why the fuck did I keep you?! You just keep screwing everything up!" Blaze smashed his hoof into his booze cabinet. He smashed all his beer and the cabinet itself. "Never again. Never. You won't screw me over this time!" After everything was smashed, Blaze was panting heavily and sitting on his floor. He felt a pain, and he glanced down at his hoof. It was covered in blood. "Shit," Blaze said quietly. How the hell was he supposed to get to the hospital? There were no taxis in Ponyville. Well, the outskirts of Ponyville. There was only one pony close enough who he could ask for help from. And she was the last pony he wanted to see right now.

Still, his hoof was bleeding like mad, and he needed to get to the hospital. Decided, Blaze wrapped up his hoof and hobbled towards Redheart's house. When he reached her door, after many glances and horrified stares, he gathered up his courage. "You can do this, Blaze. You can do this." With all his courage, all his strength, Blaze did the impossible. He knocked on her door.

"Who is it?" she asked.

"It- it's Blaze. Please-"

"I don't want to talk to you. Go away."

"Please. You don't have to talk to me! I just need your help. I... I can't drive, and I need to get to the hospital... and-"

"Did you say the hospital? I'll be right out!" Blaze heard many clicks, and the door creaked open. Redheart inhaled, eyes widening at his hoof. "What... what the hay did you do?"

"I... Well I..." Blaze was too embarrassed to tell the truth. "I got a little... angry."

"You don't say. C'mon. We have to get you to the hospital. We need to get you to a professional."

"But I thought you were a professional?"

"No time to argue. Come with me." Not wanting to argue, Blaze followed Redheart. "I don't know why you came to me, but you did. Now let's go."

~~~~~~

"Now don't walk on it for a while, alright? And keep changing that bandage! Come back in a week, and we will see how you're doing. If it is still swelling after three days, come back immediately. If it looks infected, come in immediately. Now, off you go. I have lot's of other patients." Blaze groaned. So much work for one stupid hoof!

"C'mon. You're coming to my place. I don't feel like driving to the outskirts of Ponyville. I also don't think you should be alone. That could be dangerous!" She didn't know how much her words stung him. Dangerous. That's what She had called him as well. Before She threw him out. Blaze grunted. He still regretted that day. It was horrible. And it was giving him a migraine, so he didn't want to think about it.

After Blaze and Redheart were home, Redheart ordered him to lie down on the couch. "Drink," she said. She placed some steaming hot tea in front of him. Blaze sipped cautiously. It was hot, after all. He didn't drink carefully because he thought she was so mad Redheart poisoned his drink! That would be ridiculous! "Now, tell me what really happened. That doctor was an idiot. You can't do that to your hoof after tripping and falling down the stairs. So, what really happened?"

"I- I... Uh. Like I told you before. I got angry."

"Blaze, angry about what? If it's about me, I promise I won't be angry. I won't blame you or anything."

"You won't blame me? For anything?"

"Anything." Looking into her eyes, Blaze could tell she meant it. Her eyes were sincere; they held concern within them. Her reassuring gaze washed over Blaze, loosening him up. He didn't know if it was her gaze, or the pent up feelings he had, but he felt that it was the time to finally tell somepony. To finally get this off his chest.

"A- All right. Well, it... It all started with Her. Sweetheart. And I was in love with her. Madly."

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! So, did you enjoy it? Sweetheart's story should be coming soon! Along with the humans!