• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 757 Views, 15 Comments

Obsessions - Derpyx0



Lyra is dead, and Redheart thinks she knows what killed her. Is she willing to pay the price?

  • ...
3
 15
 757

A Guard's Tale: Part Two

"Basically, Miss Redheart continued her story and didn't give me any new information," Blaze reported to Captain Lance. The Captain nodded his head in response, yet he looked dissatisfied.

"Blaze, you know how important this case is. We really need you to find out what happened to Miss Heartstrings, and we think that her friend's story is the only way to get the information." Captain Lance threw a discouraged look at Blaze. They needed this information, and they needed it now!

Blaze held in a grunt of frustration. His boss always acted as if Blaze was supposed to know more then he actually knew. On top of that, everything that was going wrong was his fault! He couldn't force information out of the stubborn mare, so he had to let her tell the story at the pace of a snail. Sometimes Blaze wished he could force the entire story out of her in five minutes so his boss wouldn't be this mad all the time. If he just knew what he was looking for, he could ask the mare and be on his way. But no, his boss had to make it so hard for him to gain any information. He wasn't aloud to know anything about the case he specializing in! He deserved some answers!

"Captain-" Blaze started.

"Captain Lance," the Captain interrupted.

"Uh, yes. Captain Lance, sir. Since this is my case, and I'm the one finding out the answers for you, may I ask just one question?" Blaze asked.

"Yes, you may ask a question, but make it quick. I have something scheduled after this appointment that's very important."

"Yes, sir. So, um, may I ask exactly what we're trying to figure out here? I mean, I know we are trying to figure out why Ly- Miss Heartstring died and all, but why? Why is this mare so important? Does she belong to royal family? I've never seen her around the castle though. And why would she live in Ponyville? It doesn't make any sense! And what would her friend know? She seems just as clueless as us!" Blaze gazed at his Captain, awaiting an answer. His boss remained silent, challenging his gaze with a glare of his own.

Captain Lance finally broke the battle with a sigh. "Blaze, some things are just not meant for you to know! All you need to know is that we need to find out how Miss Heartstrings died as soon as possible, and your dilly-dallying around with her friend is not helping our situation! We need to get to the bottom of this; for reasons not meant for your ears. This is a highly important case, and I'm starting to regret putting you on it. All you need to know is that Miss Heartstrings was a very important pony, and her death has cost us many things. We are afraid that what killed her may try and kill us too. What she was associating with is not from our world. We need to figure out what it was, and if it was what killed her. Do you understand?"

Blaze blinked in response, shocked by how stressed his boss sounded. "I- uh.. Yes, sir. I understand. It seems that this case is very important, and I'll try to get as much information as I can out of her. I'll try my hardest, sir." Blaze was about to walk out the door, when something hit him. "Oh, uh, sir, one more piece of information I forgot. It seems as if this would help. When Miss Redheart and Miss Heartstrings went on that tour, Miss Heartstrings got some books. Miss Redheart said that one of the books was titled 'Bipeds 101: Humans'."

"Thank you Blaze. That piece of information has really helped our case. Pay attention to the details, for they might be more important then you think," Captain Lance said cryptically while writing in his notebook. "You are dismissed." Blaze followed the order and trotted out the door, heading home. On the long walk home, Blaze pondered what the Captain said. He didn't know much, but he now knew that this case was one of the most important cases he had ever had. These... creatures might be even more dangerous then the changelings!

Blaze shook his head in annoyance. All these thoughts in his head were giving him a headache! Blaze decided to stop thinking about work so he could have a clear head once more.

~~~~~~

When Blaze got home, he headed straight for his liquor cabinet. After a stressful, confusing meeting like the previous, Blaze really needed something to get his mind off it. He opened the cabinet, only to find that, to his dismay, it was empty. "Ugh! Shit! I really needed some right now!" Blaze sighed, and went over his options. He could go to the store and buy more, but he wasn't in the mood to deal with the questioning eyes of other ponies. Whenever he went to the store, it seemed as if he and is large amounts of liquor were the most interesting things in the world.

On the other hoof, he could always go to the Ponyville bar.... The only problem with that was that everyone seemed to want to make a conversation, and whenever he got more then three beers, the bartenders would say "Don't you think that's enough?" Stupid Ponyville bartenders. This town was too nice. Manehattan was much, much better. But he couldn't stay in Manehattan, not with the memory of Her around. So he moved to Ponyville, joined the guard, and eventually got assigned to this case. Blaze groaned, and gazed longingly at the cabinet. He didn't like thinking; it made him stressed. And Blaze did not like being stressed. If he had his liquor, he wouldn't be stressed right now. But no, it had to be all gone when he most needed it!

Since he didn't want to have to sustain a conversation, Blaze opted to have people staring at him for a couple minutes instead. He headed towards the Ponyville Supermarket accompanied by his wallet. When he got there, he quickly grabbed a shopping cart and rushed over to the liquor isle. He got all his favorite, strongest beers and loaded his cart up. After he had everything he needed, Blaze trotted over towards the checkout line, trying not to notice all the stares directed towards him. Blaze purchased everything he needed and headed home.

When he got home, he stocked his liquor cabinet, and popped open a cold beer. He sat on his couch and turned on the T.V., his liquor and The Housemares of Miami distracting him from his questions about his case. At about midnight, he shut off his T.V. and went to bed. He fell asleep with "At least I only had one. Hangovers are only aloud on weekends."

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out! I was away at a place with no internet this weekend, so I couldn't be on FimFiction.