• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 948 Views, 12 Comments

A Day in the Life of a Reformed Chaos Lord - Gamer Script



Fluttershy leaves Discord alone for a full day... Insanity and hilarity ensues

  • ...
0
 12
 948

A Dash Of Insanity Never Hurt Anyone

"So... Hold on, you're--"

"The Narrator, yep."

"And I'm--"

"The only one that can see me, mhm."

"And why're you--"

"Eating a sandwich? Cause I was hungry, duh."

"... You know, it feels like we've been talking about this for quite a while..." The draconiquis said as he looked at his wristwatch.

"Yeah, looks like the writer got lazy and forgot about this story till now." The light blue zegasus said as he took another bite of his sandwich.

"Wait... You're not the writer?" Discord said pointing down at him confusedly.

"'Course not, I just say what the almighty writer says to say. Pretty simple if you ask me."

"... Did he tell you to say that?"

"Say what?"

"... Nevermind. Anyways, where'm I going now? What poor pony am I pestering with my pleasurable persistance?" Discord said in minor annoyance, perking up a bit as he chuckled, "Alliteration? Ooh, a nice touch."

"Right? Anyways, seems like you're gonna be checking on... Rainbow Dash! Cool, always wanted to check out Cloudsdale." the Zegasus said tossing the remainder of his sandwich into his mouth, trotting on air away towards the cloud city before being grabbed and pulled back by Discord by his back hoof, "Uh... What's up?"

"Now hold on, I don't want to continuously call you 'Narrator', so what do I call you? Figment? Imaginary? Person--" Discord's mouth was then covered by a band of flex tape with the word 'NO.' on it.

"Yeeeaaaah, we're not doing that here. But, if it makes it any easier on you or the viewers at home, call me Cloud Crusher, or just Cloud, I don't care. Probably won't be used much if ever again after this story finishes up, y'know what I mean?" He said with a shrrug as he slipped his hoof free of Discord's grip.

"Alright then Cloud, onward to wherever Rainbow may be at the moment?"
"Eeyup. Oh, I got an idea." He said as he gestured for Discord to turn around. As he did, nothing happened for a while, "Alright, turn around."

"I don't understand the point of me--" Discord stopped cold as he turned back to see they were already in Cloudsdale, standing not a few yards upon a cloud from the Wonderbolts training grounds, "I... You... Well, that's certainly an interesting trick."

"We all have our own form of magic, my friend. Mine is not only not existing unless I want people to see me," He said as he waved at a passing blonde mailmare who waved back, "But the magic of scene shifting! It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it." He proclaimed proudly before heading towards the training grounds, "Now c'mon, you got a rainbow maned jock to pester."

"This... Is becoming more entertaining by the minute." The Chaos Lord said with an entertained grin as he flew after him.


Rainbow Dash was darting through the clouds with a few of the other Wonderbolts by her side, Spitfire below barking orders at a few of the newbies. Discord and Cloud grinned as they made their way behind Rainbow Dash, Discord snapping his fingers as a cotton candy cloud appeared in front of her, making her squeak in surprise as the others didn't seem to notice her disappearance. Upon fumbling her way to look behind her, she saw Discord who gave a finger twiddling wave, "Discord! What are you doing?! I'm in the middle of practice!"

"I know, and you're doing such a fantastic job! Is it so wrong that I wanted to pay a visit to my speedy equine friend for a little while? Drop off a care package perhaps?" He said holding up a bright blue box with a rainbow ribbon.

"Hmmm... Whatever, I guess. I could take a break." She said taking the box as she shook off the sugary remnants and floated down to the ground, heading towards the break rooms after giving a salute to Spitfire, who returned it before her glasses fell a bit seeing Discord. Though the bright blue Zebra-Pegasus hybrid trailing above Rainbow Dash was certainly a sight and a half.

Upon making it inside, Rainbow hopped into a seat and sighed, stretching her wings as she opened up the present box with ferocity, being met with... A golden framed picture of Discord. The frame in in the shape of Discord's head, the little stand at the back in the shape of his lion paw, "Uh... Thanks, I guess? How is this supposed to help?"

Discord gave a dramatic gasp as he feigned insulted pain, "Because, Rainbow, what else could possibly help you in your training than the thought of me being by your side the entire way? My goodness, some element of friendship you are." he said crossing his arms and looking off to the side.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and chuckled a little bit looking at the picture, "Y'know what? Thanks, Discord." She said with a light smile, earning a wide eyed look from the draconequis.

"Come again?"
"I said 'thank you', doofus. I'm kinda used to stuff like this from you, but... This one is, in a weird and kinda egocentric way, really sweet. I appreciate it." She said reaching over and hugging him as he looked shocked at the act. She pulled back and went looking through the large box as she pulled out a pack of rainbow frosted cupcakes, "Oh yeah! My delivery from Sugarcube Corner too!? You really thought of everything huh?" She said giddily as she popped open the package of sweets, biting one clean in have with a moan of pleasure from the sweet taste.

Discord sat there, his eyes pinpricked as he looked slowly at Cloud who was eating one of the cupcakes himself, peering back at Discord with a bored expression and a shrug as he continued munching away at the sugary delicacy, "Y-Yes, well... I'm glad you appreciate it! You wouldn't believe how long it took me to think of such a thoughtful and all-round amazing gift."

"Oh yeah, I can believe it." Rainbow said with another prompt rolling of her eyes before grinning and packing it all up, "Thanks a bunch, Discord. By the way, how'd you know I was here?"
"Huh?"
"I forgot to tell the girls before I left that I wouldn't be back for a few weeks. I was planning on sending them a message to let them know. But I guess you told 'em already, huh?" She said punching his shoulder with a chuckle, "Thanks again, D. I'll see ya' later!" She said as she dashed out in a blur of rainbow, leaving a dumbfounded Discord in her wake.

"I... You knew, didn't you?" he said peering at Cloud who shrugged once more, licking a bit off icing off his hoof, "Right... I suppose that means I'm-- We're done here?"

"That is a 10-4 good buddy." He said with a salute, now with a trucker hat upon his head with 'Narrator' across it, "Should we get going?"

"I... Yes, yes we should." He said standing and walking outside. As the two passed by, Discord would see Rainbow Dash being questioned by Spitfire who looked ahead behind Rainbow and pointed at Discord and Cloud, Rainbow turning around and looking at him only to seem a bit confused and explaining something only for Spitfire to return with more aggression and confusion turning her head forcefully to point out next to Discord where Cloud hovered and waved, flexing a hoof at Spitfire with a wink. Rainbow Dash slowly looked back at Spitfire and smiled nervously, slowly nodding as she backed away and suddenly was gone. Discord, putting two and two together, looked to the sly smiling Zegasus and smirked with a nod as the two were then gone with a snap of the chaotic being's fingers.

Author's Note:

My goodness it has been a long time since I updated this story! But with all the free time I've got now, I can write a lot more often and I should've been doing just that for you all to have material to read from me. I apologize for my absence but I've been... Burned out, I guess? Whatever, doesn't matter. I'm here, I'm writing, and I'm also taking commissions if anyone is interested! Enough plugging, I hope you enjoyed this new chapter and I will see you guys online!

🎮Gamer Script, Signing Off!🎮