• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 898 Views, 19 Comments

Done by Dashie - Lightning Fire



This is pretty much the basis of the story: Lightning goes into a bet, he ends up losing, and makes a friend, and at the end, a wife, which he has 2 kids and grows old with. This all came from a dream I had when wondering about making a Fanfiction.

  • ...
30
 19
 898

Chapter 5: The Party

As it was turning noon, Lightning was almost done with packing his stuff. When he was done with that, Rainbow and he flew over to Ponyville, and to their surprise, there was a party already started at Sugarcube Corner. When they entered, the two Pegasi noticed Pinkie Pie was in deep conversation with Applejack, while Rarity and Fluttershy drank some cider. Twilight was sitting near the entrance, and smiled when Rainbow and Lightning entered. They both were wondering why Pinkie threw a party today, and saw a banner above the counter in the shop, which said in bold lettering: Congratulations Rainbow Dash! Rainbow flew over to Pinkie to inquire about the party while Twilight took Lightning's hoof over to where Rarity and Fluttershy were drinking. He noticed that Rainbow Dash kept glancing back at him, with a look in her eyes. When Lightning tried a drink, he felt all weak in his stomach, remembering the last time he had been drinking with his friends. After she finished, Rainbow went over to them and said, "I hope you like the party." She looked at Twilight, then asked,"Twilight, how long do you think Pinkie has known this was going to happen?"

Twilight looked over at Pinkie, who was questioning AJ at an almost impossible rate of speed, but AJ kept nodding or shaking her mane to keep Pinkie in the mode, and said, "I think Pinkie has and will know everything, Rainbow, so maybe let's just hope she doesn't say what happens next."

Rainbow nodded in agreement. As the party went on, Lightning tried to dance, then he just sat down and sang along, and after his throat started to dry up, he drank a lot of cider, which only AJ knew if there was alcohol in it . When most of the day was over, everypony was tired, except for Rainbow and Lightning. They all thanked Pinkie and than left to return home. Right at that moment, she took his hoof, and pulled, making him follow. He went along with it, partially drunk, and the rest of him was bored. She flapped her wings, and they flew to her house. Lightning had some doubtful thoughts, including the "what was going to happen" thought, so he made sure to be polite.
Right they walked in, Rainbow asked," So do you want to do it again, except you can be awake this time?"

Author's Note:

This is the part where most people would say," Stop with the suspending next bit", but there hasn't been a reader yet... I will await it.