• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 2,547 Views, 37 Comments

There's an Endercolt in my basement - The Infinity Doctor



Ripped out of my own world and thrown into this one, I got my wish, didn't I? I did say I wanted to be tall...

  • ...
3
 37
 2,547

Prologue

There is an ancient legend lost to both Equestrian lore and the sands of time, known to only a few. This is the legend of the Shadow Colt, forever stalking the shadows, taking the nightmares that haunt us with it. The Shadow Colt is a protector, of sorts, said to have been summoned by the lunar princess herself in order to drive out the creatures that seek to harm us, while the princess herself kept watch over the dream world. Not many have seen the Shadow Colt, those who have claim it to be three ponies high, a whole head taller than the princesses, completely black with no mane or tail, and piercing eyes of a dragon, their white-hot irises contrasting with the rest of their glowing purple eyes. Some say just staring it in the eyes for just a few minutes is enough to drive a pony insane, turning them into a shell of their former selves. Others think it's an angel in demon's clothing, leaning towards neither Harmony nor Chaos- giving its assistance to ponies in need when it can. Should you come across one, however, don't expect to see it for more than a few seconds, for it posesses magic, though it lacks a horn; the source of this magic is unknown, more research is required in order to learn more of this specie. Nopony knows where it came from or why it's here...

...of course, that's just a legend.

X X X X X X X