• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 2,531 Views, 37 Comments

There's an Endercolt in my basement - The Infinity Doctor



Ripped out of my own world and thrown into this one, I got my wish, didn't I? I did say I wanted to be tall...

  • ...
3
 37
 2,531

Nameless

Loving Care watched on as the tall stallion sat in front of the coffee table, staring down at a fork. His eyes were focused on it intently, as if he were contemplating some great mystery of life.

"Er...what are you doing?" she asked.
"Trying to figure something out..." he responded, not taking his purple and white eyes off of the piece of silverware situated on the table.
"What would that be?"
"How can you pick up things like this-" he took a moment to nod down to the fork "-with your hooves?"
"All ponies have it, it's part of the magic we have"
He stared at her, incredulously.
"Uh-huh, right" he said, rolling his eyes.
"It's true! What did you think?"
He looked thoughtful for a moment.
"I dunno, something to do with short-range gravity manipulators?"

Now it was her turn to stare at him.

"What? I didn't understand a word of that!"
He only shrugged in response, and went back to staring at the fork.
"So...how does it work?"
"Here..." she said, trotting to the table.

She made a demonstration of placing her hoof on the fork, then picking up the fork.

"Like that, see?"
The stallion wasn't listening however, as his eyes were locked onto her hoof, and the fork along with it.
"Um...hey, you alright?" she asked, dropping the fork and reaching up to wave it in front of his face "Hey! Snap out of it!"

He suddenly came to, blinking rapidly as he shook his head.
"Hey, yeah...sorry...kinda lost it there for a second..."
She shot him a strange look, before picking up the fork and placing it back on the coffee table.

"Just put my silverware back where you found it, o great thinker" she said, trotting out of the room.
"Uh-huh. Sure" he responded, returning to staring at the piece of metal set before him.


Button Mash trotted through the front door, and into the kitchen, tossing his saddlebags onto his chair at the dining room table. He then spied the mystery-pony, sprawled out on the couch, his forehooves in the air as he inspected the object between them.

'What's he doing with a fork?' Button thought to himself.

He trotted past, towards the stairs, the stallion's gaze locked with the fork all the while.

"How was your day?" he rumbled suddenly, not breaking contact with the silverware.
A shiver ran down Button's spine, before turning to look up at him.
"Good...I guess..."

The stallion waved absently, forming some half-hearted attempt to shoo Button up the stairs. The colt took that as his chance to leave, and bounded up the stairs, his saddlebags jingling as his hooves thumped.

Loving Care then trotted into the room, her mane bouncing a bit as she flicked some of it out of her mane.

"Was that Button I just heard?" she asked.
"Nope, it was a burglar" he responded "just directed him to where your valuables were"
She rolled her eyes, then walked to the stairs, as to follow Button. She then stopped at the base, and turned to look at the stallion, still locked in a staring contest with her silverware.

"I almost forgot...do you have a name, or can I just keep referring to you as 'him'?"
"Got a name, had a name"
"..."
"..."
"...and that would be?"
"Not important"
Care rolled her eyes once more, before heading up the steps, bound for her son's room.


Button and his mother trotted down the stairs, planning dinner for the evening as the made their way towards the kitchen.

"So, then we should have enough for..." she trailed off.
"What's wrong?" Button asked.
Care's eyes circled the kitchen, then the living room.
"Where'd he go?"
Button looked surprised for a moment, before shrugging, proceeding to search the area with his mother.

"I dunno...maybe he just...left?"
"We would've heard him leave..."
"I'll go and check the living room agai-"

Button stopped mid-sentence, jaw-agape as he stared into the living room.

"Button, sweetie? What's the m-"

She stopped too, as she realized what her son was staring at-

-there, sprawled out on the floor, was the stallion. Unconscious as he practically foamed at the mouth, twitching sporadically as he lay there.

"Sweet Celestia!" she cried, rushing to the stallion.
She hastily checked his pulse, before sending Button galloping down the street as fast as he could. She spied him speeding past the Flower Trio as she headed back inside to tend to the stallion until a doctor could arrive.

Author's Note:

Enjoy :twilightsmile: