• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 756 Views, 5 Comments

Writer's Training Ground Entries! - pertelote345



pertelote345's EQD Writer's Training Ground Entries

  • ...
5
 5
 756

Oh... I guess we could do that...

Oh… I Guess We Could do that…

Twilight stared at the blank stone wall. It seemed so small, a glance too long at the loving reunion of father and child, a kind word to her friends… and then they were trapped.

Twilight’s new antennae twitched. What was she going to do? It had been her idea to cast the spell that turned them into breezies so they could guide the wayward crew in manually… It was her fault.
She twitched, a little hairline crack was forming in her psyche. All her friends were trapped forever in an alien world because of-

*THWAK*

A cyan hoof slammed into the princess’s head and she stumbled to the ground.

Rarity stared at Rainbow Dash. “What- but? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?”

Dash raised an eyebrow. “What? She was getting that whole “I’m going to go crazy and make evil dolls” look! We had a lesson about not ignoring that junk!”

Fluttershy hurried over to help her fallen friend. AJ buried her head in her hat. “Sugarcube… I think you might’ve overdone it just a smidge.”

“I’m fine!” Twilight announced, rising to her hooves. “I’m fine! Okay… It’s not panic time, just think rationally and reasonably…”

She cleared her throat. “Excuse me! Mr. Sea Breeze?”

The father in question excused himself from his family. “Ms Twilight… Why are ye still here! The portal is-”. He spotted the blank space where the portal used to be and his eyes somehow become wider. “Sweet squeaky voiced gods…”

Twilight put her hooves on his shoulders. “Is there any other way back to Equestria! Any way at all?”

Sea breeze closed his eyes. “Aye lass… there is one way…”

His wife fluttered down to meet him with a look of horror in her eyes. “Sea breeze no!” she cried. “It isn’t safe! Think of our child…”

He took his wife and held her close. “Oh my gorgeous sunflower… you know we can’t go on like this. The charity of ponies will only last us so long. We have to ask ourselves. Do we want our child to survive, or live?”

Pinkie giggled. “Silly breezie! Those are the same thing!”

He blinked “Nay, I meant…” He groaned, rubbing his head with a hoof. “Look, why don’t we discuss this inside…”

#
Later…
#

About the last thing Twilight had expected this morning was that she would find herself in a Breezie military command center.

The castle they had been lead to was nearly as impressive as the castle of the two sisters. Unfortunately, it was in even worse condition. Efforts had clearly been made to patch the cracks forming in the heavy stone walls and shore up support on its towers… but it was no true fortress.

The war room itself was neat, but cluttered with maps and reports. Twilight had glanced them over, but quickly realized that everything was written in the Breezie’s native tongue. She really wished she’d had the time to pick that up in school along with zebran and griffonian. After this fiasco, she definitely needed to crack open a book on it once she was finished with “Donkey Linguistics: a Basic Primer on Talking to Asses”.

Once the rest of her friends were more or less sitting down, Sea breeze laid out a map before them. “It’s time to let ye know why we dared to fly such a treacherous route through half of Equestria just so that we could pollinate our crops.”

He sighed. “We breezies have always been creatures of two worlds. The phroem berries on which we subsist leave us with no choice. The male flowers for phroem berries only grow in Equestria, while the females grow in our world. The plants produce their own special magic that opens portals to your world from time to time, like the small pinhole that we came through…”

“Awesome!” Dash said, perking up. “So all we have to do is find another portal and we’re home free!”

He shook his head. “If only it were so simple. Portals between our worlds used to litter the phroem fields, but… We grew greedy.”

“Krizon, one of our most powerful botanical sorcerers proposed a great project to our Council of Elders, a crystalline array that would focus all phroem and breezy magic into a large, permanent portal that would bridge our worlds and allow us to harvest and distribute pollen with ease. There was talk of establishing permanent settlements in your world, of never ending feasts!”

Sea breeze grimaced, “Foolishly we gave Krizon all the help he could ever need. Nearly all of our small portals vanished as the magic of the world was siphoned into Krizon’s castle, but we didn’t think it mattered. We were at the dawn of a new age!”

His face grew very grim. “We never saw the betrayal coming. Krizon launched a bloody coup and seized control of the capital. Much of our world has already fallen into his iron grip. And how could it not? With his portal he controls our entire food supply... save for the fruit we can ripen with the pollen we managed to smuggle through with your government’s cooperation.”

Twilight’s eyes went wide. “I… I had no idea your situation was so dire…”

Sea breeze looked up at her with solid steel in his eyes. “Ye hath given us a chance. With the fruit ye have provided, we can supply our troops as we march on the Krizon’s foul fortress and seize back the portal!”

He turned to Fluttershy, his expression softening. “I have to thank ye again for putting down that mutiny… Honestly I can hardly blame my forces. Far too many think our cause is lost.”

He pointed to the map. “Krizon’s fortress lies over four miles away. Flying that far with no breeze will be difficult. Worse, there are rumors that Krizon has hired chipmunk mercenaries from your world… It will be a costly battle, but if we’re ever to be free of his tyranny and bring you home, then-”

Applejack raised a hoof.

Sea breeze blinked. “Yes…?”

“So… This Krizon feller who’s been causin’ all the trouble… He’s a breezy?”

Sea breeze blinked. “Eh… Yes?”

“So he’s like, five whole centimeters tall?”

“Well…” Sea breeze replied, somewhat taken aback, “There are some rumors that he’s that tall and imposing, but I haven’t met him personally.”

“Right…” AJ continued, “You realize we’re all around 12 hands tall and weigh 700 pounds each”.

Rarity coughed.

“Or, 650 in Rarity’s case.”

“Thank you.”

“Applejack! Hello!” Rainbow interjected. “I get where you’re going with this, but we’re breezies too now remember?”

The farmer turned to Twilight. “And you can’t reverse the spell because…?”

#
Like all of Two Hours Later (Mostly Travel Time)
#

“YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME! I AM THE RULER OF ALL BREEZIES!!!” Cried Krizon, banging his tiny hooves against the jar.

Rainbow Dash grinned at the little fellow. “Who’s a little evil tyrant? Who’s a little evil tyrant?”

Rarity grimaced. “Dear, don’t taunt him.”

Rainbow looked up. “Why, can he hurt me?”

She shook her head, “No… It’s just tacky.”

“Now now, you go home to your families little ones.” said Fluttershy, shooing away a small group of chipmunks. “Remember, you’re not bad chipmunks, you just made some bad decisions…”

Sea breeze hovered next to her, staring at the impregnable three inch thick walls of Krizon’s fortress lying in ruins around him.

“Psst- Sea breeze!” Pinkie pie whispered in the bewildered breezie’s ear. “I know if I jump up and down right now I’ll cause an earthquake and demolish all those cute little houses, but I just want you to know that I’m doing it on the inside.”

“Uh huh…” He said, watching a 700 pound orange mare chase an entire division of Krizon’s elite guard off the field.

“Whoo-we!” said Apple Jack, wiping her brow. “There ain’t nothin’ like a little exercise to get the blood pumping.”

“Ugh, speak for yourself…” said Rarity. “After trotting all those miles to get here, I’m starting to feel a bit sweaty.”

Fluttershy smiled. “I’m just glad we got a chance to help out while we were here. Oh! I bet all of this will lead to some major savings in the wildlife conservation fund!”

“Has anyone seen Twilight?” Dash asked.

The girls trotted into the tiny, mostly demolished castle and found their Alicorn friend sitting in a dark chamber, staring at a small, shimmering hole no bigger than a hoof.

“We’re stuck…” The purple mare said, her voice completely empty. “We’ll never fit through something that small…” She wriggled her hooves at the opening, desperately willing it to be larger.

Finally, she stopped. “We’re trapped.” She said. “Forever…” She curled herself into a ball.

Rainbow tilted her head. “Why can’t you just turn us into breezies again for like five seconds?”

Twilight blinked. “Oh…”

The purple pony got up and dusted herself off. “Sorry girls, I guess I just lost my head there for a sec.”

Rarity patted her on the shoulder. “Don’t worry dear; it happens to the best of us.”

END

Author's Note:

I like comedy, I really want to do more of it after all the bleak stuff I keep churning out.