• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 3,262 Views, 55 Comments

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Friendship - mooneyboys



The world is saved from total paralysis. Team Dynasty (Eevee and Riolu) will soon reunite to save another world. A world full of friendship.... Usually

  • ...
4
 55
 3,262

Conversations

It has been several days since Curtis has been taken. Or at least that’s how long he thinks he has been captured. It is hard to tell when the sun doesn’t move at all.

Over the course of the ‘days’ several ponyta came in to ask him questions. Most of them, if not all we’re “Who are you? What are you? Why did you do this?” And each time he answered very briefly. He told them his name, his race and that he didn’t know. He didn’t do it.

“But you must have seen it before” They say. One said something about he can see it in his eyes. He replies back that yes, he has seen this before. No he didn’t do it. “But you had to do it. Who else would’ve done it?” They would go on to say something about a nightmare, a thing called a “Discord”, and a Chrysalis would never have done this. Usually they would end with “Is there any way to stop this?” And almost answers with a its hard to explain. It requires many steps that neither one knows. They would get frustrated and yell for a bit. When they walk out they always mention that the “Royal Guard” Will come any day now.

Curtis sighs. They loosened the chains a while ago. Before they did that, he contemplated breaking out and find Jasmine, but his mind would wander back to when he went unconscious. There are only two ways for him to faint in one shot: A high level took him down with a good hit, or there was a psychic type around. He could take down the psychic by himself with little to no problem; the problem would be if there were more of them.

He sighs once more. He wished they would at least get a ball to play with. It gets so boring here doing nothing. He hears a clopping of hooves, then another set which makes him look up.

The Riolu sees the Ponyta he first met in prison walking along with a small Rapidash wearing a fancy set of robes. The Rapidash, like the Ponyta, mane isn’t on fire. She, Curtis noted, is also just as tall as the Ponyta, if not slightly smaller.

“Honestly Tumble Weed” The rapidash says. “This better not be one of your attempts to bed me.”

“It’s not” Tumble Weed gruffly replies. “This time I’m serious. We caught something. It claims to know about the time freeze that’s happening around here. It also claims to-“

“Claim it is innocent.” She interrupts him. “Yes I’ve heard that one before. They don’t call me the royal interrogator for nothing. Let me through I’ll make it talk. But remember this. Whether or not I get what I need, it is coming with me. It is an equestrian alien, probably illegal, who is accused of a heinous crime. Now let me through. I have my job to do.”

“If you say so ma’am,” Tumble Weed says. He then whispers quietly, but thanks to Curtis’ acute hearing he can hear it well enough, “Go easy on him. Ever since we caught it, it’s been nothing but cooperative to us”

“I’ll keep that in mind” She says and opens the door.

“Who are you?” Curtis asks.

“I’m Mage Light” The Rapidash known as Mage tells him. “And I will be asking you some questions.”


“Soooo….” I say as I take my seat next to the Princess.

“Hello there Jasmine” She tells me once again as she sips some tea. “Would you care for some tea?”

“Sure…” I say hesitantly as she uses what I assume is a levitate on a teacup and puts it in my outstretched paw.

“I promise it’s not poisoned” She tells me with a small chuckle after I look at it for too long.

“It’s not poison I’m worried about. It’s what comes after I take a sip.”

“Well don’t then. We can go on without the small courtesy.”

“No no,” I politely tell her. “I’ll take a sip. I happen to like tea” I mention as I take a sip of the soft brown tea. “Mmmm smooth” I say through a sigh of bliss. “You wouldn’t happen to have honey now would you?”

Celestia chuckles and passes the honey, “Indeed I do. I prefer honey with my tea too; although nopony seems to serve me any.”

“Ha ha yeah, I know how that feels. I have to buy my honey specifically from a Vespiqueen because no one else sells them.” I comment taking another sip.

“Now that pleasantries are over, how are Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina doing?”

Her comment makes spit my tea I was taking a sip of. I'm fairly certain I nailed a royal guardspony somewhere down there. “W-wait!” I exclaim through gasps and coughs. “You know Dialga!?”

“Why yes, I had the pleasure, or misfortune depending on who you ask to meet them. It was about 500 years ago….


It was a beautiful day back then in Equestria. Back then I didn’t have as many responsibilities as I do now and I still felt depression for banishing Luna to the moon.

On a whim I decided to go for a walk. I left the castle at sundown and took a stroll through the Everfree Forest. I was walking for who knows how long anymore when I met them. They were sitting in a small clearing playing around with several “things” I later now realize were pokemon. But at the time I thought those pokemon were part of my country. They… Devoured into them like they were leaves. All the while they talked about how delicious they tasted.

In a rage, I walked over and yelled at them about why they’re eating poor innocent creatures. All they did was look at me like I had three eyes. I reiterated myself and that’s when they told me and I quote “If Father Arceus wished we didn’t eat other pokemon, he wouldn’t have made them out of meat” and they continued to eat.

Infuriated even more, I casted a lightning spell and casted it at them. The lightning hit dead on but it seemed to do no more than give them a small jolt. They only pause to look at me and say “Do you know who we are?”

Calming down slightly when they talked, I told them I don’t know who they were, because I assumed they would tell me. They didn’t disappoint in that regard as almost immediately they told me. Dialga was, and still is, the master of time, Palkia has the title of space wielder, and Giratina is the lord of antimatter, whatever that is. After asking them who they really were they just stared at me. That was the moment they decided to demonstrate their powers.

“The Everfree Forest is the way it is now because of those three.” Celestia said through another sip of her tea. I’m nodding along, enjoying my tea as well. “Granted they didn’t do it on purpose… Much. I find out later that their magic bled into the equestrian soil and did some things that even I don’t know about to it. That I believe was the final straw for moving the capital of Equestria and henceforth we built Canterlot too by the way.


After their demonstration of power I was awed and suddenly fearful of them. They noticed and they calmed down and asked if I was ok. I nodded and sat down by them. They apologized for the show of force and we chatted for a bit.

I tried to tell them that they weren’t allowed to do what they do here and they asked why. I told them it’s against the law.

Under whose authority they question me. I reply back mine. Of course they ask who I am so I tell them I'm the princess of this nation.

They flat out tell me that they don’t recognize my authority; or my power for that matter. After an angered yell fest of questions they tell me it’s because I'm weak. Surprisingly they tell that to me calmly, and that’s what made me challenge them.

The fight I think lasted for hours. Or it could have been days. It was all a blur to me. By the time the “fight”, if you could even call it that ended I was unconscious. I wake up the next day with a massive headache and those three were still there. They made sure I was okay and they gave me some berries to eat that made me feel even better than before and that’s where we parted ways.”


It was lucky that I had no tea in my mouth when she finished her story. If there was, it would have drooled all over my coat by how wide open my mouth is. “Wow…” Was all I can get my mouth to say.

“Personally I like to think we got off the wrong foot at the beginning.” Celestia said. “When they were taking care of me they seemed to be some of the nicest things I knew. Especially since they basically had the power of gods and never called themselves that. I don’t know what they think of me but I hope it’s nothing too harsh”

“I'm sure they think you’re pretty neat” I comfort her. “I'm fairly certain they don’t hold a grudge… I think.”

She gives me a sly smile, “You think? Well why do you think that?”

“Well…” I sheepishly smile and put a paw behind my head. “I kind of did beat Dialga into the ground with my partner and all he did was send me here”

“Yes that would seem so.” She says after a refill of her tea. Then her face grew serious. “However as enjoyable as it was, that was not the reason I requested you.”

“I look at her slightly confused, I expected it, but at the same time I didn’t. “Oh? Well what do you want to talk about?”

“How much do you know of time gears?”


“That’s all I know. I swear!” Curtis screams loudly at the Rapidash known as Mage Light interrogates him.

“Lies!” She hisses at him. “You HAVE to know something!”

“I told you what I knew!” he cries. “I told you my story about the time gears! I don’t know where they are or how to get to them.”

“And yet you still haven’t told me why you’re here in this world.”

“Again, I told you this already. When you started this 'interrogation' I told you I’m looking for my partner.

Damn Mage Light thinks to herself. he’s telling the truth. If he were lying I would know about it. But he’s our only lead…

“Come here. You’re coming with us.”

“What!?” He exclaims loudly. “Where are you taking me!”

“We’re going to see the Princess. Something doesn’t add up."

In matters of fight or flight, the slightest hesitation makes a difference. Which is why Curtis simply says “No”

A deep silence fills the air as the two do nothing but stare at each other. One has a look of defiance while the other has a look of disbelief. The two Ponyta behind the Rapidash shift uncomfortably as they knew what would come next.

“No? I'm sorry, what did you just say to me?” Mage’s voice is strained.

“No. I'm not going anywhere with you” Curtis says strongly. He wishes Jasmine were here though. He could use her strength right about now. He can feel his nerves about to quit on him. But he must stay strong; for Jasmine!”

“Well I guess I’ll have to fix that then” She says through clenched teeth as her horn lights up.

Curtis uses this moment to attack. With the use of Quick Attack he leaps and rushes his arms forward, breaking the chains that bind him to the ground. Turning, he uses the momentum of the chains and lashes them at Mage, who has to drop her spell to cast a hasty Protect-like shield over herself. The chains connect to the shield and break it on contact. It also destroys the chains in the process.

“What are you doing you fools?” She screams at the two “bodyguards” behind her. “Get him!”

With a nod, the two zerg rush the Riolu. But he was ready. He unleashes the Focus Blast he was charging up at the closest one, smashing his fist right into the poor stallion’s face, sending him flying into the wall. With a quick side roll he is right on the other one and is going to hit him with a Force Palm. Instead he got hit with Psychic and flies into the wall opposite of the stallion whose face he bashed in.

The wall wasn’t able to support him crashing into it, so he soars outside the jail cell he was in. Terrifying the entire town, he gets up. Not too bad, he’s been hit with worse. She’s powerful Curtis thinks to himself. But she isn’t the powerful one who took me out.

Looking to his left and right, he notices the other Ponytas are quickly surrounding him. There are too many of them for him to effectively fight. It reminds him too much of the Monster Mashes in various dungeons when they don’t have any mass paralysis orbs. So trying an impromptu move, he brings a Focus Punch to the ground, causing a makeshift Earthquake.

The results were instant as most of the Ponyta are launched into the air and fall down with an audible THUD!!! Most if not all were knocked out when the made contact with the ground again. All that remained were a couple of the Psychic Rapidash.

For some reason they shoot this weird Aura Sphere like missiles at him. They seem to miss though. A lot. With the use of Quick Attack, most of the ccasters are down and out.

This is too easy Curtis says to no one. Where is the one that took me out?

His question got answered immediately after he asked that. Several rocks were launched at him and hit him in a Psyshock like fashion. The relentless attack of the rocks forces him on his knees to protect himself.

“I am DONE with you! You are coming with me to the Princess!” Mage light roars at him. She charges her horn and points it directly at him. It shouldn’t miss.

With a tremendous force of will Curtis pushes forward, the pounding of rocks ceases to relent so much that the old rocks are starting to be reused to be thrown again. Gritting his teeth he jumps right in front of the unicorn with the use of Quick Attack and through even more Quick Attacks delivers a quick brutal onslaught of punches, kicks, and bites.

The unicorn fell on her knees and screamed once more. Her psychic energy wraps itself around Curtis and throws him several feet away into a wooden cart. “MY CABBAGES!” the owner of the cart screams as he climbs out of the broken cart.

Curtis notices that several of these Ponyta now have golden looking armor and Mage Light is surrounded by other Psychic type Rapidash. “Give up now creature! We have you surrounded!” one of the Rapidash shouts.

“You fool!” Mage shouts at the Ponyta. “Don’t negotiate with it! Take it down!”

“Yes ma’am” The he answered as he and several others shoot a wave of Psychic energy at him and obliterate him into the next two buildings.

His vision failing him, the exhausted Riolu can barely hear the words “Did we get him?”

“I think so” some other Ponyta said. Curtis barely can hear him.

“Great! Let’s get him packed up and loaded on the carriage. I want it at Canterlot before he wakes up now!” He couldn’t hear who said that, for when he almost could recognize the voice, his eyes started blackening, and he fell unconscious for the second time.