• Published 8th Apr 2014
  • 415 Views, 1 Comments

The Poncho Chronicles IV: Through the Portal - BRyeMC



In the series finale, Poncho and his friends meet their greatest foe yet: Arlin and his army of clones.

  • ...
7
 1
 415

Theater

“-not Jeb!” yelled Apollo as they appeared in a large throne room. He looked at the others and quickly around and smiled. “I’m home.”

“Yeah, yeah, no one cares,” said Wahlburn. Wahlburn walked up to the throne and looked up into the guard stations that overlooked the throne room. “Where is everyone at?”

“Probably in the War Room,” said Apollo. “I’ll show you where it is, after all, this was my castle at one point.”

“Are you going to keep complaining the whole time?” asked Fluffy. “A nosotros no nos importa.”

“Yeah, what he said,” said Poncho.

Apollo sighed and led them down a secret door beside the throne. The hallway was extremely compact and narrow so they had to jam themselves into to. At points, they thought they were stuck and doomed to suffocate, but Poncho sucked in air to make himself more thin for a brief second to let the others move. At the end of the dark, small, hallway, Apollo opened the magical lock with his horn and the group spilled into the room. The room was filled with a bunch of monitors and maps on the walls and tables.

“Holy shit!” yelled a familiar voice. “It’s some of my dudes!” Wahlburn and the others looked up and saw Cannon standing above them with a big grin on his face. Some guards in the room armed with firearms ran over and pointed their weapons at them. Cannon waved them off. “Don’t shoot these dudes. We go way back.”

Wahlburn jumped up and hoof bumped Cannon. “How’s it going brother? I haven’t seen you in awhile.”

“It’s good, real good. Patel and I are about to drop a magical bomb on Arlin. We finally found out he’s hiding at Yacoltsk.” Wahlburn and the others flailed their front hooves in the air.

“Don’t do that!” the four of them yelled.

“Why not?” asked Cannon with a frown. “That douche is going down so why can’t we make it awesome?”

“Clyde’s there you dick!” yelled Wahlburn.

“What the fuck is he doing there? Is he a traitor now?”

“No, I’ll explain everything,” said Wahlburn. “Where’s my old roommate at?”

Cannon pointed to the door beside a big monitor and walked over to it. He opened the door and led the group inside. As they walked in, they saw Patel and Skarlin looking over a table pointing and drawing lines. Patel looked up and ran a hoof through his mane in slow motion and smiled. “My friends...”

Wahlburn and the others stood there looking at him with confused and squinted eyes as Cannon laughed. “Oh yeah he does that a lot now. He thinks he’s the most dashing stallion in the Eastern hemisphere with that new manecut.”

“Bitch, I am the most dashing stallion in the Eastern hemisphere,” said Patel with a grin. His grin stopped as soon as he made eye contact with Apollo. “Anyways, I see you brought him back...”

“I’m not here to try and take it back,” said Apollo. “We’re here because Wahlburn needs your help.”

Skarlin walked up to Wahlburn and the others and nodded. “If it’s not the sketchy gent and the badass one. Where’s the black one and the one who cared about some necklace? Are these two I haven’t seen your replacements for them?”

Wahlburn shook his head. “No, no. I’ll explain the past few days.” Wahlburn sat down and began recalling the past few events from the time the others and him got back to Verona, the clone assassins, the interrogation, the formation of the anti-Arlin group, Tyrone’s random disappearance, and the formation of the extraction group.

“So, you’re telling me Clyde got into trouble again because of Rarity?” asked Patel half annoyed.

“I think it’s the other way around this time,” said Fluffy. “Those ponies must be mad in love.”

“That fucker is going to get me or all of us killed one day,” said Patel. He walked over to the monitor and stroked his chin. “Well, I do know one thing though, Arlin is supposed to attack us in a few days now. I wouldn’t mind attacking him first to finish this sooner than later.”

“That’s why we came here,” said Wahlburn. “All of us in this room are against Arlin. Now since he has hostages, it’s time to extract and finish him off.”

Patel turned around and smirked. “If you need weapons, we have you covered.”

“I say we have two groups for this,” said Apollo, “one can help your troops distract Arlin’s army outside the castle or whatever, while I can teleport some of us into the base and find Clyde.”

Patel nodded his head rapidly. “You know what Jeb, I like your thinking. Cannon, Skarlin, and I can manage our troops. You can lead the more dangerous mission of stealth. Besides, you might find and kill Arlin without our help.”

“As long as I can you my trusty SAW again, I don’t even care,” said Wahlburn. “I’ll join you on the front lines.”

“Cannon!” yelled Patel. Cannon jumped up and saluted his boss.

“Patel!”

“You’re in charge of the front lines and assault on the base. I’m joining the stealth team so I can deal with Arlin face to face.” Cannon nodded and grinned.

“Let’s form the teams now, then I’ll show you our super cool armory that blows Skarlin’s Ciyelor one to shame.” Patel laughed as Skarlin shook his head.

“It’s not my fault Arlin gave us medieval weaponry in there. Firearms would have been overkill against Jarlin.”

“Yeah, well we defeated him pretty easily without them,” said Patel who looked at Poncho. “Even Poncho over there was able best him.”

“Hey!” yelled Poncho at the belittling comment. “I’m not as weak as you think I am.”

“I’m not saying you are. I think the main reason we won so easily was because it was three on one. If you hadn’t distracted him long enough for Clyde to get over there, we may have lost.”

Poncho grinned as Patel turned away. “Anyways, two groups.”

“Right,” said Cannon. “It’ll be Skarlin, Wahlburn, and myself, leading the Fourth Reich army to attack the base, drawing out Arlin’s troops.”

“On the other side of things,” began Patel, “I’ll join Jeb and Poncho.”

“Wait a minute,” said Fluffy. “What am I doing during all of this?”

“Oh, well I need someone to stay here and protect home base, you know? I wanted you and some other guards to sit here and watch over the castle and stuff.”

Fluffy’s mouth dropped in excitement. “Aww yiss.”

For the next few minutes, Patel and Cannon took the group through the different rooms they had related to the war on Arlin. The planning room was already shown, so they took them through the barracks, training room, and armory. At the armory, Wahlburn ran through it like he was young and in a candy store.

After a few minutes of searching around, Wahlburn picked up a SAW and smiled. “Me and this girl go way back to the days of South Beach...”

Cannon laughed and whipped out a shotgun that he strapped to his back. He also had a small rifle with a grenade launcher. “It’s like we’re in some video game!” Skarlin joined the two by taking a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher.

Patel looked through the opposite side of the armory and took a silenced pistol and a small knife. He looked over at Apollo. “I probably won’t use the gun, but you never know. I’m guessing you aren’t going to use any of my weapons that I took most from you?”

“Nope,” said Apollo. “I have magic that’s way more dependable.”

“Yeah, okay...” He looked over to his right to see Poncho standing there. “You too?”

“Well...” began Poncho, “I’m not really into firearms. I think they are unneeded.”

“What the hell is wrong with you two?” asked Patel. He shook his head and walked away. Once everyone was ready and equipped, Patel walked over to the barracks. He banged on the wall to calm the noisy guards. “Alright dudes, this isn’t a drill. After some thoughts with my friends, we think attacking before Arlin can attack us is the best and only option. Get ready for war, you leave in five minutes.” The clones began yelling in excitement and quickly ran to their lockers to gear up. Patel walked back over to the others in the armory.

“You ready to leave?” asked Apollo. “I’ll teleport us three inside, but the others have to go with the army.”

“No shit Jeb,” said Cannon. “We’re just going to go with you guys and then walk out the front door, run away from the base, and make a u-turn to attack them.”

“Have I ever told you how much I hate your sarcasm?” Cannon smiled as Apollo shook his head.

“Enough chitter chatter. It’s time to end this damn saga once and for all,” said Patel. He looked at Apollo who gave a nod. Poncho quickly hopped beside them and with a bright light, the three of them disappeared.

“Well,” said Wahlburn to Skarlin and Cannon. “You boys ready to make some noise?”

“Ready?” asked Cannon with a grin. “Ready doesn’t even fucking describe it! Luckily for us, we have teleportation devices too.”

“Hell yeah.” The three ran to the base scientists who gave them a device each. They ran back to the barracks to see all of the clones were geared up and ready for the war. They split the barracks up into three groups so they wouldn’t put too much strain on the device. Once they threw the small box on the ground, a small portal opened up. With Wahlburn, Skarlin, and Cannon, leading the three lines, they marched forward into the portals.

Fluffy watched the three lines of troops shrink in size as they walked through the portals. Once the last troop in each line walked in, the portals collapsed and Fluffy stood there by himself. Not trying to waste time, he ran to the scientists who stayed behind.

“Hey, does anyone know where the kitchen is?” he asked them.

“Why? What for?” replied one of the unicorns.

“I want to make some corn pones.”

* * * * *