• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 2,881 Views, 18 Comments

Road to the End - JusSonic



Twilight and her family goes to the End of Equestria to help save the farm of one of her friends, but what horrors awaits them there?

  • ...
46
 18
 2,881

Chapter 2: Journey to the End

Chapter 2: Journey to the End

While Twilight, her family, the pets and Tough Apple are on their way to the End of Equestria, Flash was at the library, reading one of the Space Pony Wars books. He smirked while laughing, "Aw man! That is so cool! Man, I love these books! Got action and drama."

Then a knock sounded on the door. Flash then approached and opened it, the visitors are revealed to be Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, Night Light and Twilight Velvet. The Pegasus looks worried, fearing the worst.

Flash gulped as he bows, "Your highnesses! Captain Shining Armor! Mr. Night Light and Mrs. Twilight Velvet! What are you doing here?"

Shining grabbed Flash's shoulders and lean to his eyes with a worried look. The big brother of the newest princess demands, "Please tell me it's not true! It's not true!"

Flash gulped, "About what?"

Night Light in worry adds, "Our daughter! That's what, lieutenant!"

Twilight Velvet sobbed, "We heard from Canterlot that she decided to go to 'The End of Equestria'! It's not true! Please, she's our beloved angel!"

Flash nodded his head sadly. Cadance looks down as she said, "We're too late."

"This does not bode well. Not only Sweet Apple Acres lose its growth ability for Apples to grow and harvest their foods, now Twilight left to the land of dreadful for the ingredients." Luna sighs grimly, fearing the worst. The Apples' harvest is gone and now the new princess is risking her life to save her friend's farm.

Celestia sighed, "Ever since she lived in Ponyville, her bonding to this place and her close best friends had made her to do right and hard decisions to save it at any cost, even at her life. I can't blame her. I would have done the same thing for Equestria. I only hope that Ben, Nyx, Spike and anyone in her home did not go with her."

"Speaking of that, where's Ben, Nyx, Spike or anypony?" Cadance ask Flash, noticing that the ones she mentioned are nowhere in sight. Flash smiled and chuckled uneasily. That is enough to make the others to realize the worst.

Celestia realize something and ask, "They did go after Twilight including my son, did they? Please tell me that it's not true, lieutenant."

Flash sighed as he nodded his head, "Sorry." Hoo boy, the Pegasus guard is in for it now.

Celestia was in shock to hear this, and so as Luna, Cadance, and Twilight's family. Twilight Velvet gasped in fear and fainted as she fall on her behind. Night Light grabbed her with his hooves to keep the whole falling thing from getting worst.

Luna in her thoughts said in worry, 'Lorcan will be worried and heartbroken should he learn about what Spike's doing.'

"Just terrific," Shining groans a bit. He was too late to stop anyone from leaving. The new prince of the Crystal Empire glared at Flash Sentry while he was both shocked and worried. "Lieutenant Flash Sentry, you've got some explanation to do. Not to mention, what the heck are you doing here?!"

Flash gulped, "Okay I'll explain." He chuckled uneasily and sighs. "Here we go again."

--------------------

Golden Heart and Pinkamena were in a room chatting and Pinkamena's senses went off. The alicorn, noticing, ask his sister, "More foals missing?"

Pinkamena shakes her head as she explains, "No, it seems some evil deed by unknown forces has ruined the crops and it's sent Twilight and friends heading to the End Of Equestia and by Celestia's mane even Psycho Pie would not go there and that's a fact."

"I see, well I have faith that Twilight can do it but still about the crops, I think it's a plan to weaken the bearers of the Elements of Harmony."

"Well I think so too well but I worry for them. I really hope that they make it back alive, Twilight's group better not die on us."

"I am sure that they will make it alive." Golden Heart assures Pinkamena. "In fact this might even be a test for herself."

Pinkamena turns her head back a bit while asking, "Why's that?"

"I mean that if Twilight and her family can make it back alive, they will be ready for the worser things to come."

"Yeah, still remember the last time that I went there but told myself to never go back ever?"

"I know little sister, I know." Golden Heart said to his little sister with a nod. He can only hope that Twilight and her friends can make it back alive.

-------------------

Applejack and Apple Bloom decided to check on Twilight as they head on over to the library. The mare hopes that Twilight isn't too upset for refusing to go anywhere yesterday. After all, the Alicorn wouldn't risk going on a journey to the end of the Equestria alone, right?

"Ah hope Twilight's not upset about yesterday." Apple Bloom said to her sister, worried about how upset Twilight was yesterday.

Applejack nods, saying, "Me too. Ah can hope 'dat she's not doing something stupid." The two sisters arrive at the Golden Oaks Library, preparing to go in to see how Twilight is doing.

"Applejack; Wait up!" A familiar voice spoke up. Applejack and Apple Bloom turn to see the rest of the Mane Six, especially Rainbow the one who spoke, coming over.

"Rainbow Dash; Rarity; Fluttershy; Pinkie Pie; what are yew all doing here?"

"Checking on Twilight; that's what we are doing here." Rarity explains to Twilight.

Fluttershy nods as she continues, "Yes. Twilight's upset of us for not helping you. We didn't mean to dismiss her concern but we just give her a good idea about you living in another place than going to that dreadful place."

"Yeah. Man! Was she ever being more grumpier and crankier as Cranky Doodle Donkey?" Pinkie asks with a scoff.

Applejack sighs, "Ah had 'de bad feeling 'dat she might be upset when Ah told her about moving 'ta a new place. An' Ah dismissed her idea too. Ah know she wants 'ta help me but what she's doing is stupid."

"Then, we'd better check on her." Rainbow said in concern.

"We can only hope that Twilight has comes to her senses." Rarity said, hoping that Twilight would realize how crazy it is to come to the End of Equestria and getting herself killed or worst.

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie nodded their heads. Applejack adds, "Come, y'all. Let's check on her."

The Main Five entered Twilight's Golden Oak Library. They saw Flash who is explaining to Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, Night Light and Twilight Velvet about Twilight and her family. They gasped upon seeing them here. Something has gone wrong apparently.

Applejack was the first to spoke up, "Flash Sentry?"

"Princess Celestia?" Rainbow asks upon seeing Celestia here.

"Princess Luna?" Rarity spoke up, saying Luna's name next.

"Prince Shining Armor," Fluttershy ask in worry.

"Princess Cadance?" Pinkie asks, blinking her eyes in bewilderment.

"Mr. Night Light an' Mrs. Twilight Velvet," Apple Bloom asks as she glances at the worried parents of Twilight.

"What are y'all doing here?" Applejack asks in concern. She notice that Twilight, Ben, Nyx, Spike, Phobos and the pets are nowhere in sight. The Earth pony doesn't like this at all.

"I explain everything to them about what Twilight and her family did." Flash said to the mare seriously.

"Did? What did they do?" Applejack asks in worry. The Mane Five and Apple Bloom then realize something, much to their horror. "No! She wouldn't!"

"You're not thinking what I fear I'm thinking?" Rarity asks Rainbow, fearing the worst.

Rainbow gulped, "I hope I don't!"

"Thinking? What are you thinking? I love guessing games. Boy that is so good!" Pinkie exclaims happily, bouncing up and down. Once again, the mare is random, not getting the idea at first! "Let me think she's worried about Nyx again? No, is she having a nightmare again? No, wait! I know! Twilight's going crazy again about her work!"

"Pinkie Pie! This is not a joke," Fluttershy exclaims to Pinkie in major worry.

"Right; Twilight and her whole family are going to ''de End o' Equestria' 'ta git 'de ingredients! That's what we're thinking!" Apple Bloom explains to Pinkie frantically.

"Oh...... WHAT!!!!!!!!" Pinkie exclaims in alarm. She was in shock and scream loudly across Equestria. "Is Twilight going crazy and cranky?! There's no way she can survive 'The End of Equestria'!"

"Twilight's gone crazy again! Yeah! I know it's hard for her and us to see Applejack to move to a new place." Rainbow said, shocked that Twilight would do just a crazy thing like that.

Fluttershy adds in fright, "But that was the only way."

Rarity nods as she ask in disbelief, "What was she thinking?!"

Flash sarcastically answers, "Yeah. What was she thinking?" He glared at the Mane Five then continues normally and in an upset tone of voice, "Or maybe a better question: what were you five thinking?!" The Mane Five was shocked by what Flash had said. "You heard me! What - were - you - five - thinking?! You're her best friends! You claimed that you will help her no matter what! But all you did now is do nothing! Aren't you ashamed of everything?!"

Rainbow glare at Flash when she zoom right in front of him, yelling right back, "What! Are you blaming us? Just because you're Ben's first and best friend, it doesn't mean that you can lecture on us like we're kids."

"Want a bet, Rainbow Crash?"

"Say that to my face, spiky cocky!"

"Yeah! Don't you dare compare us to Trixie! She's the one who run away from the fight and problem like the Ursa Minor incident!" Pinkie remarks, pouting by what Flash said and accuse the Mane Six of doing.

Flash scoffed, "Please! What happen to your 'face your fear' song? Let me think! You've lost the will to do that?"

"Hey! Stop making fun of us! We're braver and stronger than you think, Flash!" Fluttershy protests, worried and scared.

"Really, Fluttershy; What happen to your Stare and your strength when delivering the water to Cloudsdale for weather?"

"Yes, you're right about that one. We're too scared to go to that monstrous place! But you have no right to blame us." Rarity said to Flash upset.

Suddenly, Shining frowns as he spoke up and say something unexpected, "Actually, Flash has the right to blame you." The Mane Five were shocked as they turned and saw the angry faces of Twilight's and Ben's families. The mares did the right thing and suddenly, they themselves were being ganged up on?!

"Wait. What?! Why are you blaming us? We're telling her that moving Applejack and her Apple Family to a new home is for the best. It's safer for them."

"Yes. We're just advising Twilight that going to 'The End of Equestria' is dangerous." Fluttershy explains, not comfortable with the angry looks given to her and the other members of the Mane Five. "We told her not to go because all of us were scared."

"And she ignored your advice. How could you say that?! You are her best friends and the holders of Elements of Harmony!" Cadance points out to the Mane Five sternly and in disappointment. "You work and fight together to save Ponyville and Equestria no matter what! And now all of you did nothing because you're scared of that place?"

Shining nods as he agrees with his wife, "You should be ashamed of yourselves! I may have made a mistake for not believing Twilight about Chrysalis, so I'm not going to again! But you girls! You repeated the mistake twice!"

Night Light nods as he explains sternly, "First, you ignore our daughter's concern of delivering the letter to Princess Celestia. You knew that Twilight is working very hard to be her best to be a good student."

Twilight Velvet adds angrily, "Then, you ignore my daughter's concern about Shining Armor and the Changeling Queen's impersonating Princess Cadance."

"I entrusting my only sister to you to look after! And you just let her go?" Shining ask the girls, a bit upset and more disgusted.

"What kind of friends are you?!" Cadance yells at the Mane Five angrily.

The girls felt worst as Night Light add, "And we thought that we can trust you because of you're my daughter's friends. You five help her get through difficulties and learn about friendship since Ben's disappearance. And now, you abandon her? You five are such immature and irresponsible mares! How and what would your parents say?"

"I know that place is dangerous and scary, but if my sister wants to go there, I would go too." Shining said with a sigh, making the Mane Five want to go home and hide under their beds in shame. "I don't care how dangerous it is as long my sister is safe and Equestria is safe from harm. And the five of you did nothing!"

Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy and Pinkie looked down after hearing what Twilight's family had said. They felt both guilty and ashamed. The upset ones were right. Twilight needed their help and they refuse to go.

Twilight Velvet turning to Applejack and speak to her, "What would yours say, Applejack, if they're alive and see what you have done? They would be disappointed and ashamed at you for your foolishness and ignorance!"

"That place is dangerous but Twilight is doing it for you and your home, and all you did is ignored her, left her and did nothing?" Cadance ask Applejack in more disappointment.

Applejack remained silent of what Twilight Velvet had said. Celestia finally spoke up, hint of disappointment is heard in her tone of voice as well, "Applejack, Ponyville was founded by your grandmother and your forefathers. When I first met them, I feel pity for them to travel so far in searching for their new home and a better life. Thus, I guide them to the location of what you believe to be your home: Ponyville. Your family had founded, built and supported Ponyville through the use of your supplies. Unicorns, Pegasi and even Earth Ponies have come, stay and live in Ponyville. Without you or your family, Ponyville will not last much longer. They can't keep eating sweets; that could cause terrible stomachaches. They need fresh foods. They need your family. If you move your home to another place, not only Ponyville will be weakened and lost, but the powers of Elements of Harmony will be weakened. United you stand, the powerful you are to overcome difficulties. These are Twilight's reasons."

Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie and even Apple Bloom were shocked as they realized why Twilight is so persistent on going to 'The End of Equestria'. Luna adds, "Though we were disappointed in you for repeating the mistake and left Twilight and her family alone to retrieve the ingredients from 'The End of Equestria', Flash must also face the punishment for not informing us sooner as well as preventing them from going to the land of dread. This is your second time for making foolishness without realizing the consequences, Flash."

Flash spoke up to Luna in his defense, "With all due respect, Princess Luna, it may have been a mistake, but what I did is the right thing for my best friend and his family! I may have been scared about going to that place but I'm not all scared. I can go with Twilight, but she needs her Prince Charming. Ben is the one who should go and help Twilight. Whatever punishment you had, I can take it; stripped all my ranks from me, if you want. I believed in him."

Luna was about to argue but Celestia interrupted, "Perhaps, he is right again. Flash Sentry, I'm truly grateful for you to be both Ben's guardian and best friend. You are indeed a great hero. Not only Twilight and Hoboken Joe had managed to get Ben to stand up for himself and matured, but you had helped him too through military training. Still, you should have gone with them to help."

"I would but I rather not face his temper again. I tried to fool him to go for Twilight with some insults. And not to mention that I told Nyx to tell a little white lie that I have been fooled by her. To tell you the truth, even freed from being a Demon Pony, he sure have lots of strength to fight especially when he damaged my wings. Ouch."

Flash showed his wings which are in weak and cranky state. Everyone sighed of seeing Flash's wings being damaged. Ben sure freaked out even when he is no longer a Demon Pony, that's for sure!

Celestia nods as she spoke once more, "So we have left one choice: hoping for Twilight to return home safely. This would be the toughest challenge for Twilight and her family."

Everyone looked down in sadness and sigh of worry. Applejack approached to the window and looked at the daylight. She sighed in disappointment; But only at herself.

"'Dis is all mah fault; Ah'm her first best friend she met. An'd Ah let her go." Applejack said, disappointed of herself for what she said and done. "Ah'm really ashamed o' mahself. Ah even disappointed mah ma an' pa about responsibility 'ta our home. Ah'd didn't realize that Ponyville needs them more than we need them because we support an' supplies them wit' our foods. How could Ah be so stupid an' selfish?"

Apple Bloom spoke up, "It's not yer fault, AJ. Yew didn't know, nor did any o' us. But 'dis is Twilight 'dat we're talking about. She's willing to help an' rescue us fro' no matter what danger they face. She's a great friend an' sister, Applejack."

"She is, Apple Bloom. Ah'd only hope she an' her family git back home safely, sugarcube." Applejack sighs as she hugged Apple Bloom and nuzzles her.

"Me too."

------------------------

The news of Twilight heading to the End of Equestria spreads to even the enemies of Equestria. Grimmore informed the Superior after he was informed by his minions, talking to him and the Apocalypse Ponies in their meeting room.

Superior laughed evilly, "Imbeciles! She's truly a fool! Does she really think that she can actually overcome and retrieve the items that easily?"

"I know. Can you believe that? That mare could never survive the 'End of Equestria'. No ponies do." Grimmore remarks in amusement and agreement.

"Indeed. Not only will we able to tear Twilight's friendship apart, but the little princess is walking towards her doom." Merluck said in agreement. Twilight won't get out of the End of Equestria alive and if she did...it will be the last thing that the mare ever do!

"This is much easier than we thought."

"We must not underestimate her. Who know? She could make it back alive. After all, she is the one who overcome the Superior's nightmare spell and managed to give small scratch on you, milord." T. Moon points out to the Superior of what happened during Twilight's visit to the parallel world.

"What she said, father. Don't forget I've been humiliated by Twilight thrice for underestimating her friendship and determination." Trix explains to the Superior in worry.

"Be silent, Trixie Lulamoon! You will learn your place or suffer the same consequence as Sunset Shimmer." The Superior snaps angrily to Trix, making her sit in her chair in a bit of fear and worry. "You may have told me the truth of Sunset's capabilities, but it does not mean that you have earned both my trust and respect. You have a long way to go."

Trixie bowed while she shivered in fear, "Yes, father! Forgive me, Superior."

"Yet, you both are right again. Twilight Sparkle must not be underestimated. Somepony must keep an eye on and see how powerful and capable she is after the event."

Grimmore smiles as he puts in, "All is done. My number 13 is keeping an eye on them as we speak."

"Good. I need somepony to inform Fafnir. I need him to accelerate his preparation for both Brave Heart and Ben Mare. Who knows when Sparkle and her family return, and not mention to that arrogant Scottish Alicorn's arrival." The Superior remark, wanting to be prepared for when the time comes.

"It will be done, father." Merluck said while bowing to the Superior. "Besides, I would inform Boris about Twilight being sent off to 'The End of Equestria'. I enjoy seeing his disappointing mood lately."

Trix smiled as she giggles, "His disappointing face is so cute too when it comes to Twilight."

T. Moon couldn't help but smirks behind her hood, saying, "It looks like somepony is falling in love."

"What?!"

"My little sister is in love with Boris? Why am I not surprised? I knew she would like him." Merluck teases Trix, making her blush a bit and for various obvious reasons.

"I am not!" Trix protests to her brother in alarm.

"Enough!" The Superior snaps, interrupting the latest argument. Now is not the time for this foolishness! "Return to your position at once! I have no interest of your personal interests. In fact, right now, I have some discussion with Grimmore and Ms. Moon of importance." Everyone is glancing at the Superior about the important discussion. "Why are you still here? Get back to your positions at once!"

The rest of the Apocalypse Ponies did not hesitate or question the orders, they activate their portals, heading off to who knows where.

------------------

As Twilight's group was traveling through some canyon area on their mechanical bull ride powered cart, they came across some strange landmark area. After Twilight used her magic to look over a map of their route to take in where to come across an ingredient they need, it looks like they need to place...a strange rock formation.

"Hay, check it out on the map! A giant rock that looks like a bunny rabbit," Nyx pointed out in seeing the rocks look like a bunny rabbit, how cute.

"I'm sorry to say, but that's not it at all." Twilight issued out suddenly to say something off about that rock formation. "According to where we need to go, it's a place called...Skunk Rock." The princess explained to the group in where they need to pass.

"But it's shaped like a bunny." Spike raised his eyebrows in pondering such a confusing issue of identity issues.

"Yes, but what it says on the map, it smells like a skunk." Twilight nods lightly while pointing out why the bunny shape rock is called Skunk Rock for a reason.

"Sniff-Sniff; I knew that place smelled like something, I just couldn't place it!" Phobos pondered off a bit over such a thing from his noise picking up a strange scent, but then looking to his right however.... "Oh wait, never mind. There it is! Bunny Rabbit Rock," From the Moon Dragon's statement, the gang looked to the right to find a rock-shape of a bunny rabbit.

"Skunk Rock," Twilight rolled her eyes to remind the Moon Dragon of its actual name.

"Whatever." Phobos shrugs off his shoulders in not caring about the difference of appearance and name.

"Ugh, whatever is right....just being this close makes it feel like were near a skunk patch!" Ben Mare held his nose from where some green mist were floating in the air, must be skunks from Skunk Rock with a downwind breeze which unfortunately is blowing in their direction.

"Aw man, cough...how long of travel through this area," Spike coughed a bit to shut his nose, followed by the others as well.

"About a half hour, we'll be lucky to get by as long as we don't start to smell like skunks!" Twilight explained this out to her group of how long by the rate of their travel on their ride should get pass this area before reaching a spot where an ingredient should be found.

"Let’s hope that's reassuring!" Spike spoke from holding his nose to sound weird, anymore of this smell & they'll have to either have a lot of baths or remove the scent with a spell....

"If worst comes to it, Apple Bloom said that the best way to remove skunk scent is dipping in a bath of tomato juice." Nyx happily suggested what can also help get rid of skunk smell, and it's with a vegetable.

"Great, and when we come out, we'll look like were bleeding to death!" Phobos rolled his eyes to think after a bath in red tomatoes, they'll make a scare scene of looking like the group is losing blood.

"Come on guys, settle down. We'll figure out what happens later." Ben cuts in the chat with these guys for them to focus here.

Twilight comment, "In an odd way, I am ALMOST looking forward to this adventure. I mean, in the sense of being able to figure out just how powerful I really am now without causing any major property damage. I mean, the bad events sort of take a lot of the enjoyment out of it quite obviously, but that aforementioned detail IS a VERY slight plus side. Ben. I'm really thankful for you to be there for me. I don't even know if I can make it out alive."

Ben sighs in shame, "I do. If Flash hadn't made me stand up for myself, I will never forgive myself for being an irresponsible and stupid stallion."

"Ben, don't talk like that. I'm sure you're scared of this place, and so am I. But I can't let Applejack move her home away from Ponyville. That home needs them because of their supplies, supports and foundation which made us who we are, and not to mention about the Winter Wrap Up. Applejack may have scold me about magic but she's right about one thing, I can't keep relying on it when I'm in a dire situation. I did something amazing in the event since I came to Ponyville: organizing. Not everypony is brave as you are."

Ben smiles as he said, "Thanks. But it was Flash. He is the one who help me to get on my hooves. I'm very glad to have him as my best friend. Don't know what I do if it weren't for him."

Twilight smiles for her love, saying, "Sounds like you and him have been through a lot of fun and adventures in the palace."

Ben chuckled, "Well, not exactly just in the palace, Flash often takes me out to the park, the mall and even the military when Cadance is busy in foalsitting you. We both loved to do mischievous things like pranking on some ponies, playing mud in the rain, helping Flash's dad in capturing the bad guy but I admit that I planned carefully but Flash is the one who caught him, skateboarding and he even trained me to be a fitful soldier. That was crazy and awesome."

Twilight smiled, saying, "Sounds like he taught you well of being a soldier like today, though you had problems in standing up against Boris when we were foals. All you even did is running away."

Ben blushed, admitting, "Well, that's because I'm still shy, remember, Twiley. Of course, like Rainbow tried to get Fluttershy be confident, Flash is very strict and fierce when it comes to training me to push my limits. He'd be pretty mad at me for being lazy and shy. But he let me read my books. I sometimes tried to get him read some instead of his military studies; man, that Pegasus is stubborn and crazy, but he's a great and true friend."

Twilight smiled, saying, "Sounds like Flash has always been support and believe in you to the end. I wonder how he felt when you disappeared. I had the feeling that he is sharing same pain and sadness like Hoboken Joe, my family and mine did."

Flashback

Ben, as the Demon Pony, was done hearing the conversation from Hoboken Joe with Twilight and her siblings. But before the hero can leave Canterlot,, he heads to the place where he and Flash had fun: the skateboard park.

Ben narrates, "I heard a noise and some crying. I check to see who was making it. I found Flash crying on the skateboard ramps. I knew that he's taking the pain hard when he heard that I've been 'spirited away' by the Demon Pony."

The transformed one saw Flash's crying on the ramps. Ben looked down with regret and sad look as he sighs, "I'm....... really....... sorry, Flash."

Ben turned back and is about to leave. He then heard some talking.

"I then heard what he had said, just before I left."

"Ben! I know that you're alive! I don't believe that you're dead! I don't believe it! I know you're out there! One day; someday; when you come back to me, to your mother and to Twilight, I want to tell you something important. Something that I'd never had guts to admit to you since we became best friends!" The Pegasus colt cries out in pain. Ben was shocked to hear what Flash had said. The colt sobbed, "You admit that you're not strong, smart and brave as I am. But you're wrong! Because you're brave and smart when you need help from anypony to help you stand for what you believe in, not like I was! You're stronger than you think, Ben!"

Ben was more surprised of hear it from Flash who continue to sobbed, "Trust me. I know about you more than you know yourself! To be honest, Ben, you're not only my best friend, but a brother to me. I'm really grateful to have you, Ben!"

Ben was shocked as his eyes sobbed of what Flash had said. He mumble, "As you are to me....... Flash, my brother," He then sobbed. "Thank you."

Ben then turned and left, leaving Canterlot for who knows how long.

Back to Present:

Ben sighs as he finishes up, "Flash's like an older brother to me before Shining Armor. Because of him, I keep on training myself to be brave, confident and strong, even when I'm a Demon Pony. Someday I would reunite with you, Twiley. Flash's always right and never lied."

"Yeah," Twilight sighs. "You know, I first came to Ponyville when I'm not making good friends with anypony. Applejack is the first pony friend, I considered her as a sister. She knows how I feel about my family, responsibilities and capabilities. I also know how she feels when it's like mine. If only I was strong and brave enough to save Starlight."

"Twilight, I'm sorry."

Spike sighs as he spoke up, "Twilight, you can't blame yourself about the past."

Phobos grunts a bit, "Yeah, it was that stupid and evil Lorcan's fault for killing him in the first place. He doesn't even use his head to think. He could have asked Princess Celestia about Spike if he's alive, and you didn't mean to blow him up like killing the guy."

"Will you stop bringing my brother up?"

"Well first, he started that mess in the first place! Second, he corrupted my clan, and even me! Third, he tried to kill you! His flesh and blood! So why should I be merciful and sorry for that idiotic brother of yours?! I mean he kill innocents, even Starlight! Don't argue with me when I'm really right, Spike!"

"I – You," Spike tries to protest. But then he groaned in defeat.

Nyx, upset, snaps at her best friend, "Phobos! That's enough!"

Phobos defends himself as he insists, " I'm just telling the truth."

"Yeah, as in hurting Spike a lot! Shame on you, Phobos! I didn't adopt you because of pity and outcast. It's because I thought you would understand and think of others, and be yourself." Nyx scolds Phobos. Spike cried and sobbed. Nyx patted his shoulder. "Spike, I'm very sorry. Phobos really didn't mean to -"

Spike interrupts Nyx, saying, "No. Phobos's right. It really is my brother's fault. He started all the messes, and not to mention my father. I wish I was born on that day, instead of now. I could have met them, and I could've convince them to be good. So, there won't be sufferings."

Phobos sighs, regretting what he said, "Still, Nyx's right. I have no right to talk about your brother. It's just that....... It's so hard for me to get over of what he had done to me. I'm sorry." Phobos hugged Spike, making the Baby Dragon hugs him right back.

"I know. Even he's dead, but I still know I have family: Twilight, Nyx, Ben and Phobos. Twilight has always been there for me no matter what. She's really like a mother to me. I'm very happy of that, just before Nyx, Ben or Phobos came into my life."

Nyx smiled as she said gently, "Me too. Mommy has been in our side and care us like a real family for a long time, even though we're different."

"You said it, little sis." Spike remarks to Nyx with a slight chuckle.

Spike hugged Nyx. Tough sobbed and cried. Everyone looked at Tough Apple with surprised look as he said, "'Dat's 'de most saddest an' happiest moment Ah ever heard. Why shoot mah bucking apples, Ah wish Ah had mah mommy, daddy an' some brothers an' sisters." The tough stallion cried and sobbed, much to their surprise. They barely see him like this! "Well, Fluttershy is kinda like a sister 'ta me already but still it's sad fer me."

Phobos sighed, "Oh brother."

Finally, the traveling group managed to make it out of an area where the scent was....unappealing. And for the smell, that...may have to discuss for later discussions.

----------------------------

Meanwhile, back at the dying Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack was preparing for bed, looking out the window, sighing in regret and guilt. The mare can't help but worry about her friend Twilight and her family at the End of Equestria, risking their lives to save the Apples' farm.

And worst yet, Applejack feels guilty for not joining Twilight. Big Macintosh came in, seeing the sad look that causes him to spoke, "Have trouble sleepin', sis?"

"Eeyup; Big Mac, Ah done feel awful 'dat Ah let Twilight go on 'dis journey wit'out me." Applejack sighs in sadness. "Ah must be 'de worst friend ever fer not doing 'de right thing an' save mah home. Ah mean, Ah fought 'de Film-Flam brothers 'ta save it, but not brave 'de place o' danger?! Ah am done lyin' 'ta mahself!"

"Shucks, sis, yew were just scared." Big Macintosh said to Applejack in assuration. "Anypony would be instead o' wantin' 'ta go 'ta 'dat place. Ah'm sure Twilight'll forgive ya when she gets back."

"If she gits back," Applejack groans a bit. "Mah friend could be dead an' it would be mah fault fer not being there 'ta help!"

"She got Ben, Nyx, Spike, Phobos as well as 'de pets 'ta help out. Also, Ah went by Tough Apple's house earlier an' he left a note." Big Macintosh explains to his sister. "He went off 'ta help Twilight as well."

"Ah sure hope so." Applejack sighs a bit as she looks out the window some more. It will take a miracle for her friend to get out of the End of Equestria alive.

But then again, Twilight has beaten the impossible before so this can't be any different, right?

--------------------------------

"What; Twilight is really going to the 'End of Equestria'?!" Boris asks in shock and disbelief. Merluck, Warring and Trixie came to Safe Haven to inform Boris of what's Twilight is doing...and sure enough he isn't happy indeed!

"Yes, Boris. It is pity that you weren't there because everypony is afraid of that curse place." Trix said to Boris while shaking her head. "I know you're afraid to go there."

Boris shook his head as he snaps, "I'm not, Trixie! I can prove that by going to that dreadful land! This is my chance to get Twilight Sparkle! I will have her!"

"Whoa, whoa! Boris!" Gilda exclaims, putting a claw on Boris's shoulder to keep him from going. "If you leave now, it will make it harder for ya to avoid the authorities looking for ya. Also, us Brotherhood guys are still wanted fugitives from our escape and so we can't go out to do anything. Not to mention Trix Lulamoon cannot go anyway because she broke us out of prison."

"Who cares?! I'm going anyway!" Boris snaps angrily.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" Merluck demands more than he asked as the villain steps in front of Boris, stopping him from going anywhere.

"Going to get Twilight; so, don't you dare interrupt my- Ouch!" The Red Devil Pony screams in pain for a reason. Merluck used his dark magic and blasted at his horn, causing him to scream and yell painfully. Trixie, Boxco and Dum-Dum looked worried and scared when Merluck used his dark magic to torture him like this.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, fool. You had your orders. So, you are not allowed to go unless you get permission from me or the Superior." Merluck explains to Boris darkly. "But if you disobey the order, mark my words; I will turn you into an Earth Pony permanently. Don't say that I won't because I will, Boris."

"Yes, sir," Boris exclaims, trembling in fear.

Merluck stopped his magic and glared at Boris as he rubbed his horn softly. The villain smirked as he suddenly suggests, "Instead of going after that Twilight mare, I suggest you should take a date with Trixie."

"MERLUCK," Trix yells to her brother, blushing for the obvious reasons.

"Am I offending you; my sincerest apologies. Now, excuse me. I have some information to give Fafnir." Merluck remarked, laughing in amusement under his breath.

Boris glared at Merluck as he leaves. Turning to Trix, he snaps, "Man, I hate your brother. Who does that Unicorn think he is?"

"Just obey, and I'm sure that everything will be fine, Boris. Don't want to become Earth Pony state, now, do you?" Trixie ask. Boris shook his head in reply. "Then, back to business. In fact, Merluck has no right to accuse me or you to think we're in love."

Trixie left while Boris stared and glanced at her. Boxco and Dum-Dum smirked at the boss's looking. Boxco laughs, "Merluck could be right."

Dum-Dum nods as he said the last part in a sing-songy like voice, "Yeah, Boris and Trixie sitting in a tree."

"Silence," Boris snaps as he use his magic to levitate both Boxco and Dum-Dum up high and hit their heads to each other hard. "Mind your business! I have my interest on Twilight! I will have her, one day and someday!"

The two stooges nod a bit before Boris puts them down. Bocolix/Boxco remarks, "To be honest, even if you went in disguise and did anything obviously suspicious, Twilight's group would be forced to attack you."

"Yeah, they ain't stupid like we are." Dumbledore/Dum-Dum said to Boris in agreement.

Boris, steamed, snaps, "Isn't anyone here that can be useful to watch over Twilight and get her back safely?!"

Warring Malice chose this time to speak up, "Actually, there may be some volunteers that can pull off the task to seem like they aren't dangerous enemies, but are those that are just lost (and dumb-minded) individuals that the heroes come across."

"What, you," Gilda scoffs a bit.

"Watch it, Gilda! I mean, while I can't be seen yet, the ones to go out will be our pals Dumbledore and Bocolix." Warring Malice explains with a smile.

"Huh. Who are they? Do we know them?" Dumbledore ask as he and Bocolix scratch their heads with their hooves.

"She means you two, you numbskulls!" Boris snaps to his minions in annoyance.

"Right; since the two are hunted by their old unicorn and Pegasus selves, it will be easy for them to blend in." Warring Malice chuckles a bit. Of course, every one of the Brotherhood gang is shocked and concerned by the idea.

"I don't know." Fido said in worry. "Pony Enforcers are powerful."

"Yes, but could they survive the End of Equestria?" Spot ask in agreement.

"Yeah, even we doubt the idea." Bocolix said in agreement. "We are dumb but we ain't that stupid."

"Yes, but Twilight's group will be on the lookout for dangerous enemies...but a couple of goofy alicorns that dare the other to fly over such a dangerous & unexpectedly crash against trouble will seem like a fluke." Warring said with a thoughtful look. "And if you two think about it, you have learned to act differently now, especially with some help from Trix, to do such an act on stage in front of a crowd. You two can introduce yourselves as who you are, the Enforcers known as Dumbledore & Bocolix, a couple of alicorns from a faraway place who don't have such a slight memory of where since you travel and with your goofy personalities, minus your bully parts, will earn Twilight's group trust to ensure that you two can keep Twilight safe and get her back to Ponyville is all hope seems lost."

"Yeah, she got a point, boss." Dumbledore said with a stupid grin.

"Other than that, your Enforcers are powerful alicorns with brute force, speed, agility, flight and more magical powers to defend themselves even in such a terrible place." Warring Malice remarked in amusement.

Boris gritted his teeth, but has no choice. He turns to the Enforcers, saying, "Fine. Listen up, I am entrusting the mare I love to you goofball-headed stooges to watch from above, and if necessary, to dive in to do something to protect Twilight. She better be safe. Got it?"

Bocolix and Dumbledore nod and salute in being given an important mission (and to not screw up). They quickly leave at once as their fellow members watch them.

"Better pray that it would take a miracle for those two to not mess up...or most of all, surprise us by being heroes." Gilda remarks with a grunt.

"Now that is an impossible feat." Film said, shaking his head in dismissal.

---------------

It's been about a while since the group has left their home and travel a bit on their MechBull ride through some terrain fields in entering the End Of Equestria, and it was still just the beginning. Right now, it was about nighttime and Tough Apple help setup the group's camp-sight with a lit fire going on. Koga & Owlowiscious were near Nyx while she, Spike and Phobos were roasting marshmallows for the group. Twilight and Ben were helping to get some blankets out of their cart, and as for Tough Apple, well, he brought out his banjo called Joe and started to play some sorta western or country music with a deep cow-folk accent while playing that banjo in sync.

Tough Apple: Been travelin' on this darken road
Findin' ourselves some lonesome hope?
We're going through a No Pony-Zone
The End Of The Road

Everyone around heard the stallion sing when he gave a little pause motion and suddenly felt a little shift in the atmosphere in hearing this sung with the night sky by the camp fire. Soon Tough was slowly starting to pick up the beat here.

Ohhhhh, End O' 'de Road

The owl and wolf cub started to make animal calls in responding to the stallion as he started to pick himself up to tell this tale of their adventure.

Ah say dat be where we be headin' now
Cause we got a hope ‘ta find,
In 'de End o' 'de Road!

Soon a brief pause with the banjo instrument playing out with the stallion by the camp fire. The song was really helping to fill some of the gang to not feel so concerning at this time. But then Tough Apple started to sing again with another tale to be told now of what's happening.

Crops and fields, dry as a bone
Nothing growin' within our field
Tough choices ‘ta be made and far,
At 'de End o' 'de Road

Another brief pause was made when Tough was getting into the song in recalling what's happened to Sweet Apple Acres. Everyone could tell the guy was really feeling his soul was crying out when he sang, it's like it was reaching out to them. Now the stallion began to pick up on where he was doing.

Ohhhhh, End O' 'De Road

The owl & wolf cub made more animal cries and so did Justin the MechBull, as if joining in on this chanting theme. And Tough Apple still was continuing on now.

We be goin' straight, in de heart o' 'de devil's eye
We got 'ta brace what we will face
At 'de End o' de Road!

The stallion was really beginning to get into the jam of playing and singing this song. As another pause to hear the banjo play while the others station near the fire as Tough Apple continued to sing while having those hear what he had to say.

[Listen closely 'ta mah words
They'll keep us safe an' keep us strong!
But no matter what yew do, don't git lost....

A sudden pause had everyone's attention at the edge of their seats before....the answer came.

At 'de End o' 'de Road

Tough sang forth to lie back in his seat to continue to play from giving his meaning. And after a brief moment, he began to pick it up again.

Ohhhhh, End O' 'de Road

Another owl & wolf cub & MechBull, even Phobos & Spike ended up making some animal or howling cry, much to any pony's surprise as Tough continued to sing his lines.

It's 'de dangerous place yew'll find
Some go in, they don't come out
From 'de End o' de Road

As the stallion was giving a serious look around, he slowly continued to play the banjo. And then after this brief moment had ended, he picked it up again with a very stern expression to tell this warning out.

Some say we be fools 'ta try
Facing danger fro' here 'ta Tartarus!
But Ah got me a feelin sayin',
We gotta brace 'de End o' de Road

There was now another brief moment for the camera angle to focus around those listening to the song. And then suddenly during the next song course, it sounded like some hidden singers are heard backing up the tough pony.

Tough Apple and Backup Chorus: Ohhhh-ohhhh-ohhhh, End of the Road

Another pause from everyone watching and hearing Tough Apple continue to sing, he was pretty good here. And the guy was just about finish with this next part.

Tough Apple and Chorus Singers: It's the End of the Road
We gotta fight the road
Cause we maybe the only ones that may make it back...

Silence filled the air in wondering, what was gonna happen next? And that answer came from a more calm tone from the stallion.

Tough Apple: Fro' the End o' the Road

The stallion was now playing the banjo a bit slower, but still continued to sing.

Tough Apple: Ohhhh.... 'de End o' de Road
Ohhh yeah, dat's right!
Ah said it's....

Now there was a loud response from the banjo, everyone waited for this until....now...

End o' de Road....Woooohhhhh!

Tough Apple slowly sang out with a stretch portion from where he was finishing up his singing. It was here that the song had ended for everyone to respond from what they heard.

"Wow Tough, that was a nice song." Nyx spoke off in liking how Tough sang that nice song for their camp fire during the night.

"Shoot nothin', ye oughta here me sing a song when Ah'm in de shower. Like so!" Tough Apple proclaimed in having another song he does when he's bathing. "Oh mah darlin', oh mah darlin', oh mah darlin'....Feathermay...." The guy would have gone off here if he wasn't cut off...

"ENOUGH!" Phobos shouted out in earning attention to him stopping Tough's next song. "Gee whizz, we already heard one song for tonight!" The Moon Dragon rolled his eyes in stating one song is enough for them.

"Everypony's a critic." Tough Apple rolled his own eyes to criticize how some folks always have something that they wanna say, whether the critics wanna hear him sing or not.

"Well, at least the s'mores is almost ready." Spike spoke in seeing that they got the marshmallows ready, add some chocolate and cracker shells, and it'll taste-sensation.

"Ready for some chow, Twilight...Uh, Twilight?" Ben turns to his love, only to see she was studying the map and plotting how far they travel on their course.

"In a moment, I'm just checking how much we'll come across." Twilight responded to the question while not looking back.

"You know, Twilight, so far, this journey hasn't been completely a disaster." Ben patted Twilight's back to help her ease a bit from working so much to look over of their current state. "I mean, sure, we came across some spots, but so far, it hasn't been what we couldn't handle, right?" The guy was referring to what they came near before they started to camp here after traveling a whole day away.

"I suppose so." Twilight sighs a bit in seeing Ben's point, they've come further by a MechBull power on a cart than the gang ever would on hoof.

"And just look up there. I bet Aunt Luna made the stars extra pretty around our view." Ben stated for them to look up in the night sky, seeing the moon with the stars.

"Yes, they do seem extra nice tonight. Haauugh..." Twilight sighs in feeling a bit relaxed while leaning towards her love to rest her neck to his shoulder.

"Oh, brother, it's a love-sap theme going on." Phobos rolled his eyes in seeing what's going on here.

"Sssh, they're having a moment." Spike hushed Phobos to let the two love-birds have a moment.

"Oh...." Nyx squealed in seeing her parents showing love for the other.

Just as Spike stated, Twilight and Ben were looking from the stars to their eyes that were filled with love. But before they could even enjoy it any further.... "BANG," A sudden gunshot was heard that could nearly wake the dead of the night.

"Waugh/Waaaugh," Twilight and Ben yelped to suddenly get their attention to see...Tough Apple fired his peashooter rifle out in the open dark field.

"Sorry, mah eyes spotted something weird across us, but it was just a lizard." Tough Apple shrug off his shoulders to apologize in claiming that he thought he saw something weird a moment ago, he didn't mean to interrupt.

"Yeeesh and we thought we were in trouble!" Phobos rolled his eyes in seeing that this guy could almost scare the life out of them from such a stunt.

"Hay, mah trigger finger just kicked in, 'kay," Tough protest in stating when he thought danger was near, he quickly acted was all.

"But you don't have fingers." Nyx pointed out that ponies have hooves, they don't have fingers.

"Or thumbs, for that matter," Spike issued to show his hands with his thumbs wiggling about.

"Sure, says the lot that has fingers or gotten a chance to feel what having fingers is." Tough Apple rolled his eyes to remark how the dragons got them fingers and how Twilight, Ben and Nyx, when they were human, had a chance to feel what fingers were.

"Okay, I think we better rest up now before continuing tomorrow morning." Twilight slowly started to get herself fix now to explain that they'll turn in to get up & leave the morning when the sun rises.

"So how long do we have to get to the area with one of those ingredients?" Spike asked off in being curious of how long they looking at during their travel to find the stuff to save Applejack's home.

"We left Ponyville near the afternoon and travel far, so....judging by our current speed at best to come across the ingredients is...a few days at best within the week." Twilight looked over the map, calculated the distance they are in by the land marks to the areas she circled that Zecora told her had one of certain ingredient station there.

"You mean we gotta get all those ingredients in a matter of days that could almost be a week's worth?" Phobos asked off that they might be here a whole week, if not more, to be searching for ingredients.

"Well, shoot, if we pitch in enough, we can cut 'dat time in half." Tough Apple issued off in thinking with a little extra effort, they can search hard to make the longer time be shorter.

"I hope everypony back home can wait that long." Nyx spoke with concerns for the citizens of Ponyville, sure they got Sugarcube Corner, but sooner or later, folks will want veggies, and they'd best help fix the Apple's farming fields to start growing new ones, or else...they'll leave...maybe even be further away.

"They'll have to, honey, and while they do, we'll try hard to help get the Apple's Farm growing food again." Ben patted his daughter's head to insure her that the gang will succeed in their mission.

"Hot diggity dog, Ah can't wait! Speaking o' waiting, time 'ta chow down," As Tough Apple stated that, he took his s'more to eat, only for a long tongue to grab it and was eaten by...a lizard. "Hay, yew little thief, that was MAH Property!" The stallion snapped at the lizard for stealing something that was his.

The gang laughed at this. That helped brighten their moment a bit while Tough Apple continued to snap at the crooked lizard for stealing his meal. It wasn't long after that moment before it got to the point where everyone was resting for the night, well, except for Owlowiscious. Tough Apple was suggesting that he'd stay up to watch the gang for trouble, but Twilight assured him that her owl will let them know if any danger should come near them while they sleep. So now the ponies, the dragons, the wolf cub Koga, even Justin the MechBull was resting, or in a machine's case, powering down to recharge itself. Question of being remain...would the night stay peaceful and quiet...?

----------

In the meeting room, T. Moon stood in front of her Superior who is joined by Grimmore via portal. The mysterious mare asked, "Milord, what is you wish to discuss?"

"My concern is about Twilight Sparkle and Benjamin Mare." The Superior said sternly.

"What of them, my ally?" Grimmore ask, arching an eyebrow in interest at the subject.

"Ever since that former unicorn became Princess Celestia's student and holder of Element of Magic, I always thought she is no threat to my plan. But clearly, I was wrong and rash of not realizing that she was destined to become a powerful being: an Alicorn." The Superior said in concern. "I should have stepped in and kill her at once when I had the chance."

"True. But master, not every Unicorns could sense and see the future such as the discussion we are in. However, if you chose to kill Twilight Sparkle at once before she became an alicorn, you would've have walk into Celestia's traps." T. Moon explains to the Superior calmly. "You claimed it was risky in attacking the holders of the Elements of Harmony without letting Celestia noticed you."

The Superior pauses then nods as he said, "Yes, you are right again."

"What puzzled me is your purpose, such as why do you seek Twilight Sparkle to join your members, from what Ms. Moon had spoken of, King Sombra tried to recruit Twilight to join his cause ever since she starts using Dark Magic through chatting and the use of the Fear door." Grimmore said, reminding the Superior of the obvious. The villain smirks as he explains his reason.

Flashback:

During the events of the return of the Crystal Empire., King Sombra continued to resist Princess Cadance's shield. The Superior appeared from behind King Sombra.

Superior narrates, "I spoke with King Sombra when he was freed from his thousand years imprisonment."

"Greetings, Sombra." The Superior said, getting King Sombra's attention. The evil unicorn looks annoyed, who is this individual who is interrupting him?

King Sombra glared and snarled at Superior, "You! I know you. What do you want?"

"I was merely wondering if you wish to join my organization." The Superior said to King Sombra. Someone like this evil being would be a perfect addition to his Organization.

King Sombra, however, snaps, "I have no interest in your pathetic group. I have interest in crystals."

The Superior sigh in annoyance, "I should have known he's still obsessed in crystals. Fine I would not disturb you. This is completely a waste of my time to seek the great and dark king."

The Superior turned his back and he's about to leave this place. He stops upon hearing King Sombra speaking, "I sense something intriguing." The Superior then looked back at King Sombra as he continues sensing something. "Someone is using Dark Magic, yet it is not the princesses, but rather a young mare."

"A mare; who," The Superior ask King Sombra in interest.

"The purple unicorn with sparkling stars." King Sombra answers as he laughed evilly. "This could be interesting. Nopony could be powerful enough to create Dark Magic. Perhaps I should have a little chat with this one. She could have such potential. Once she join my side, I could teach her the ways of Dark Magic."

King Sombra smile evilly as he use his Dark Magic to contact with the pony.

The Superior thinks about this, 'Twilight Sparkle used Dark Magic? Interesting; Nopony could achieve that power easily. Still, if what King Sombra say is true, then perhaps she could be some use to me. One day, when Twilight's at her weakest point, I will have my chance to speak with her. Thank you for your tips, Sombra.'

The Superior disappeared, leaving the events of the Crystal Empire to continue as they are.

Flashback ended

T.Moon in amusement spoke up, "So ever since Twilight Sparkle used Dark Magic, you believe that she could be some use to us? So the weakest point is fearing what kind of ruler she may become. It appears that King Sombra did an excellent job for us to weaken Twilight for you to speak and convince her to join our side. Interesting, we might have an advantage for our conquest."

The Superior frowns behind his hood as he said, "Yes, but unfortunately and clearly, Twilight Sparkle had resisted the temptation and even her fear of losing the ones that she care for. Even if she turned into my slave, Twilight clearly believed that her family and friends will be there for her and turned her back, no matter what. She is too powerful."

"So you decide to give up on her? Such talented and powerful pony could be wasted." Grimmore remarks in a 'tsk' kinda voice as he shakes his head. "Yet, you have good reason of not recruiting Twilight Sparkle which is logic. So what of Benjamin Mare? You seemed to know his father. Have you met him?"

"I had. However, Ben does not seem to know his true origin. Clearly, Princess Celestia had not told him the truth." The Superior remarked laughing in amusement, "Pitiful Earth Pony."

"What do you mean, master?" T. Moon asks, knowing that the Superior has a good reason for saying what he did.

"I know something that Ben doesn't know, not even his close friends. But, we shall wait until the right time to strike." The Superior remarks with an evil grin. "For now, we must plan everything ahead of our upcoming war, such as dealing with Lorcan, weakening Princess Cadance's ruling and more ways to deal and weaken our enemies."

"What makes you say that about Lorcan?" Grimmore ask the Superior as if not knowing what his ally means.

The Superior smirk as he explains, "When I first deal with Sparkle and her friends, I encountered a warrior who possessed the same ability and strengths as Lorcan. No one could do such a thing. So one possible explanation: the scarred dragon is alive. Despite being my ally, you have your ways at keeping secrets from me. Grimmore, do truly think I'm a fool as Sombra?"

Grimmore smirk, saying, "I enjoy testing your wisdom, old friend. It's true. The Elements of Harmony did not kill Lorcan, but transformed him to his true self: weakling good self."

"And you did not inform us, why?" T. Moon ask Grimmore dryly. Why didn't Grimmore informed the Apocalypse Ponies about Lorcan sooner?

"If I do, you might be distracted from the important event such as using the crown. Not to mention risking your identity to your enemy." Grimmore explains clearly. It's true, if Lorcan was revealed now, it would've put the organization's plans at risk.

"Yes. But it does not matter. They know my rank but know nothing of my true name." The Superior explains that as of now, only his enemies know of his rank. "They know the organization but knows nothing of its name. They know nothing of what happens next and after because the war has long already begun. Now we must be prepared for what obstacle to deal with, my warriors. So we can let our army be prepared to strike."

Grimmore and T.Moon smiled evilly. They cannot wait for the time to begin.

------------

As the night continued on, Twilight's group didn't notice...that something was slithering close to their camp.

"Hoo," Owlowiscious looked around, but saw nothing before returning to it's daily watch over the area.

The strange thing was slithering carefully towards one of the spots. As it lifted its head up a bit, we recognize it as some kinda king cobra. The snake slowly slithered while crushing a little twig in half from its heavy motion body.

"Hoo-hoo," Owlowiscious responded to that one sound, something was out there, and it's his job to warn the others if he sees danger lurking at them.

Too bad what the owl didn't see was the king cobra raising its head over some unsuspecting group resting; Twilight with Nyx and Spike cuddled near the princess's wings and shared a blanket. But none of them knew that danger was lurking behind their peaceful slumber.

"Hoo-hoo, hoo-hoo," Owlowiscious was looking around, trying to spot anything that seemed off...and it did, "Hoo-hoo, hooo!" The owl was yelping in seeing that near Twilight's neck, a cobra was about to bite her....

“Shadow Lock," A sudden voice was heard from out of nowhere during this commotion.

Then around the shadows of the owl and snake glow purplish before they suddenly found their actions....locked; almost like they were statues, only alive.

"Shadow Imprisonment," The voice responded again with something else to be happening next.

Then the snake was suddenly felt it's body slipping into...its own shadow? And from the shadow came glowing light-blue eyes while the shadow of the snake move to wonder, what happened to it? The answer came from when some pony walked in a stealth approach to the camp sight and performed some feat of spells: The Equestrian Eliminator.

"You'll be trapped there until I say when you can be let out." The Equestrian Eliminator explained what his second spell has done to the snake, trapping him in his own shadow, leaving it helpless. "Now leave before I decide to worsen your fate." From his serious expression, this unicorn stallion was not bluffing, this was actually him being....nice; If you can call it that.

The snake hesitated while in its shadow form, there isn't much it can do as a shadow creature. So the snake was leaving the scene, not to cause trouble again while these folks are around. Slowly, the Equestrian Eliminator had its horn glow in undoing the strange Shadow Imprisonment, letting the shadow free from being place in its shadow when it was far enough.

Now during this timely moment, the Equestrian Eliminator suddenly gazes around at the party trying to head towards the End of Equestria. Soon the mysterious stallion agent approached Twilight's sleeping self to slowly...examine her. The agent of Grimmore once remember seeing this mare as but a unicorn, and now she's both a powerful alicorn and princess to believe. It's also surprising that she managed to retrieve her stolen crown from Sunset Shimmer and fight off against the Superior, but that was an enemy that barely was trying to be serious. As he reached with his right hoof, it touched Twilight's mane, and as he slowly lifted a portion, it slip through his hold to come near the mare's face, almost tickling her nose.

"Hmm...hmm...cut it out." Twilight was speaking a bit with her eyes shut while not knowing what's going on. "Quit messing up my mane, hmm....brother, why do you do this....hmm..." The girl was almost reacting from her sleeping state, like this action was something from what happened to her in her waking memory moment, "Starlight." The girl ushered out a name of the one that was fooling around.

Suddenly, a heartbeat motion of the scenery around the Equestrian Eliminator was all but frozen stiff within his mind space. It was not from the action of Twilight beginning to waken from the touch feeling or how it could alert the others that something bothered the princess...what got to him was....the name. The name of Twilight Sparkle's little brother; Starlight Sparkle, the colt that was said to have been killed by Lorcan, Spike's older brother long ago and the body was never found. Why...did that name...bother him, and why from this mare?

"Uagh, did I need to go?" Suddenly, a voice belonging to Phobos brought the mysterious masked agent back to reality to see someone returning from a...bathroom break. The Moon Dragon was still tired, but was trying to wake himself up a bit from seeing...someone near Twilight. "Hugh, um, is that you, Ben? Why are you...." Before Phobos could even speak anymore or any louder, something got to him, "BOINK!" It was a shadow-covering frying pan that smacked right in the Moon Dragon's face before vanishing to show Phobos with a goofy expression. "Duuuuagh, what's for breakfast? Look at the pretty stars. Ugh..." As Phobos spoke from seeing stars rotate around his dizzy head, he fell backwards, out cold now.

"Hmm....hmm..." At the moment, Tough Apple made noises that made the Equestrian Eliminator shot a look if the stallion was sensing his presence. "No, Granny, 'dis ain't a mark on mah lips fro' eating yer apple pie, Feathermay's lipstick got caught there, Ah swear. Hugh-hugh, Feathermay, come give me some sugar now." From the weird action and discussion, Tough Apple is dreaming about being in trouble and making out with the special pony of his dream to even kiss his pillow.

The stallion agent rolled his eyes at this before they were shifted towards Ben Mare, sleeping with his Master Sword in hoof. The Equestrian Eliminator grew curious, the wielder hasn't notice his presence, so maybe...observing his weapon while it's out can give him an understanding of the sword said to be an Evilslayer to all evil creatures. The moment he touched the sword, something strange went on, for starters, the sword that hurts creatures of evil, though he was careful from its sharpness, it did not react to hurting him, how strange.

"Hmmm....I'll protect you, Twilight....my love...." Ben spoke in his sleep to which the agent watched and heard him mutter on about protecting someone he cares for.

Sighing at this, the Equestrian Eliminator decided it was time for him to leave before he gets too attached and the group wakes up to find him. But before he would leave, he remembered Owlowiscious, who was still lock in frozen place from his first spell.

"You'll be fine when I leave, Shadow Magic only stays active so long as the user is nearby or it's lifted by the caster." Equestrian Eliminator explained to the frozen owl of the type of magic he uses that's perfect for an agent or a mercenary soldier like him that serves with the Grimmore Army. "As for you, Twilight, this may be the only chance that you get to rest easily; this was only the first opening stage." He looked to the sleeping Twilight, stating a clear fact with a silent whisper of his tone in what the girl has come to in the beginning, was like the welcoming committee. "If you're not prepared to handle the main center theater...you might not survive....the horrors that await you ahead." He issued this off from looking away with shut eyes, knowing that if the new princess isn't prepared enough, then she'll be another victim at the End of Equestria, "Shadow Vanisher." From mentioning those very words from his open eyes, the Equestrian Eliminator suddenly had his body morph into a shadow, slips into the ground with the other shadows, and vanishes without a trace. Such a stealthy skill seems to explain how he's always sticking to shadows for they allow him to slip away without a trace.

"Hoo-hoo, hoo," Suddenly, Owlowiscious wakes from unknowing that the purplish color on his shadow faded to allow him to notice his surroundings, only to stare in puzzlement. "Hoo...?" The owl responded very confused, everything seem alright, but he recall something almost happened, "Hoo...hoo?" The owl responded while looking down to Koga sleeping beside him, either the dog didn't notice the danger or....something else stopped the danger. The tricky question was in the owl's mind....'Who' did?

---------------

Come next morning, Twilight's group was waking up while packing things in their cart for Justin the MechBull to help them travel some more.

"Everyone sleep well?" Ben asked around if everyone had a good night's sleep.

"Yep, Ah slept like a log!" Tough Apple proudly declared how he slept last night.

"But you were on a log." Nyx issued to remind the tough Apple member that he did sleep on an actual log.

"Ugh, I had a weird dream. A dream like someone smacks me in the face with a frying pan." Phobos groans from holding his face, feeling a splitting headache from what happened to him last night was a blur.

"I told you eating that many s'mores would upset your tummy Phobos." Twilight scolded the Moon Dragon from probably eating too much to have a strange dream.

"Hoo-hoo," Owlowiscious suddenly was flapping his wings to get some attention now.

"Hay, Owlowiscious has something to say!" Spike pointed out in noticing that the owl's weird reaction this morning seemed worried.

"Hoo-hoo, hoohoo, hoo..." Owlowiscious made a few owl noises, which to many had a hard time understanding without Fluttershy being the animal translator.

"Does anybody speak bird?" Phobos asked off a rhetorical question if somebody could translate the owl's talk.

"Well Ah know how 'ta speak Turkey." Tough Apple spoke off in saying he knows how to speak bird talk.

"Why turkey," Ben raised an eyebrow in why anybody wanted to learn Turkey.

"Ehh, birds committee, tried it, now Ah'm stuck with it. But maybe if Ah hum a few bars, 'dis owl can sing me a tune 'dat Ah can follow." Tough Apple shrug off to say while also admitting that maybe with his little bird language, he can make out a few things the owl wanted to tell them.

Soon Tough Apple begins speaking in a weird bird talk while he and Owlowiscious had a chat. After a few short minutes, the stallion was done getting the message.

"So, what's he saying?" Spike asked off in feeling the suspense was killing him.

"Well, he says something almost tried 'ta harm us last night while we were snoozin'." Tough Apple rubbed his back neck in stating what he got from the owl; danger.

"You mean I got hit by a frying pan for real?" Phobos asked off in thinking that what happened to him was no dream.

"What was it?" Nyx asked off in liking to know what danger came near them.

"'De owl said he saw something slithering near Twilight's neck area." Tough Apple pointed off to say in what he could get what the bird mostly saw last night.

"Gee, that sounds like a snake." Spike rubbed his forehead in thinking that the only creature that slithers are...

"SNAAAAAKE," Twilight's voice was heard screaming before a sudden gust of wind made the gang look up to see...the mare flapping herself in the air to keep a distance. "Where is it?! WHERE IS IT?!" She was screaming to look petrified in where a snake was that almost got her and freaked her out like some scared filly.

"Oh, great job, genius! Ya made Twilight perform a Fluttershy yelp reaction!" Phobos dryly remarked off to Spike for doing something to make Twilight be all surprised, and not in a good manner, but a scared manner.

"Hay, I wasn't aware she flipped out if I said that!" Spike protest to say that he didn't know what would happen upon mentioning something like that.

"Mommy, it’s okay, there are no snakes around. I promise you, we're fine." Nyx spoke to calm her mother down that there were no snakes around, they are safe.

"Oh, thanks." Twilight sigh a bit to calm down a bit to fly down where Ben held her to comfort her. "Hearing about snakes brought back a memory that scared the life out of me once." Twilight issued about what happened to her that was a shocking experience with her.

"The one where you fell into a pit of snakes," Ben asked off in recalling an event that he's also familiar with.

"And if you haven't saved me when you were the Demon Pony, I almost would've been snake food." Twilight explained that it was a moment where Ben saved her from a pit of snakes during the whole hunt for the Demon Pony thing.

"Gone one end an' out 'de other, ain't a pretty picture." Tough Apple shrugs off to say about what happens when you get eaten, go through the mouth and come out the back way.

"Ick, I don't think we want to hear that!" Nyx yelped in disgust in hearing Tough even say something like that.

"Alright, everyone, let's just get in the cart and start moving out, time waits for no pony." Ben instructed that they hurry up with the packing so they can get moving on their journey.

"Right, but first, Owlowiscious, did you see what happened? Why the snake didn't attack us?" Twilight agrees, but asked the owl of hers for something that's puzzling; why a snake that attacked last night, doesn't seem like there was one at all’

"Hoo-hoo." The owl responded in its language which Tough heard before translating.

"'De Owl says he don't know, one minute, danger near, next, gone after. Don't make sense 'ta either o' us." Tough Apple shrug off his shoulders in not having a clue where the snake critter went, something musta happened that it didn't cause trouble.

"Hmm..." Twilight hummed to herself to think, but at the same time, was flexing her mane strangely like it was...out of place, but near her front spot.

"Mommy, why are you messing with your mane like that?" Nyx asked from noticing this weird action her mother was doing out of the blue.

"Um, sorry, it's an old habit when my brother messed with my mane when I slept." Twilight spoke to apologize in what she's doing after stating how this reaction is triggered by such an event.

"Which one, Shining," Phobos asked off in recalling Twilight's older brother; Shining Armor, but would he do that?

"No....my other brother," Twilight looked away with a sadden face that the others knew it was from a subject...of a lost family member.

"Gulp...you mean...Starlight? W-w-well, what made ya think like that so suddenly?" Spike gulped in fear that having this memory brought up might not be a good thing, considering how attached Twilight was to Starlight, so he tried to change the subject about what made the mare even think about it so suddenly.

"I'm not sure, but I almost felt like...something nearby reminded me of him." Twilight spoke from feeling unsure, something about what she did, unknown to her, something made her relive something that felt like something involving Starlight, but what?

"Maybe it's this area or because of the stress of saving the Apples' farm, don't worry Twilight, we will succeed. I won't break my promise to help you out here." Ben patted Twilight's worried hooves to assure her, that whatever is making his special pony feel overly concern about things, he'll make sure to help her out of it.

"Yeah, guess you're right, thanks, Ben." Twilight sighed in feeling a bit better from that little pep-talk.

"Hay slowpokes, time 'ta git yer heads outta 'de clouds an' help me pack our stuff!" Tough Apple called out to the group that they need to get going, they don't have time to have their heads in the clouds over such trivial manners.

"Mwooo," Justin made a bull-like noise in responding to tell Tough something of what he just said.

"Hay; Ah ain't being a 'bullhead' in cutting their romantic mumbo-jumbo, we just got a job 'ta do!" Tough Apple spoke in protest in being remarked as being bullheaded, and by a mechanical bull of all things from his little attitude over the situation.

"Mwuuuuaagh," Justin the MechBull just made a long response sound in issuing something different to that claim.

The others had a little chuckle at the moment from seeing Tough Apple and Justin make the situation, a little less stressful for their travels. And after setting up everything, were the group finally back to continuing their journey to find the ingredients for Zecora to help save Sweet Apple Acres.

-------------

The princesses were worried, wondering if Twilight will come back alive or not. As they talk, a familiar hooded scarred Dragon came into the throne room, having heard some of the conversion.

"Where's Twilight going?" Lorcan asks puzzled. Apparently Spike's brother hasn't found out the whole story yet.

Celestia answers sternly, "To the End of Equestira."

"Oh, cool. The end of Equesti-The End of Equestira; what is your student on to go there for! You know just as well as I do what's out there!"

"She needs ingredients to save the farm of her friend Applejack." Luna explains to Lorcan, calming him down a bit. Her bond with the cowpony is closer than one thinks. "It's difficult but hopefully it can be done..."

"Then I guess unless something short of a miracle happens, they'll really be having a hard struggle." Lorcan shrug off his shoulders to say in feeling that Twilight's group needs a savor to come back from what has been said as Tartarus' backyard.

Somehow, hearing that made something in Ceelstia's mind 'click' just now; For in truth, there was 'one' small hope, it's not much, but it's the only way Twilight's group may just come back to them alive.

"Actually, maybe there is a way, if Twilight & friends continue, they may just meet 'him' along the way there." Celestia spoke from thinking more clearly in thought with a very serious expression.

"Him; and who would this 'him' person be?" Lorcan asked off in seeing Ceelstia's expression change, was there someone that could help them out; but how?

"Somepony that 20 years ago I learn that he came back from training in the End of Equestria." Celestia explained off that a few years ago, there was one individual that came from the place of horrors matching Tartarus and that person was training in such a place.

"Wait, someone 'did' return? And he trained in such a place? I thought there were no survivors!" Lorcan spoke off surprised to hear this sudden piece of news.

"That's to keep our citizens from taking such a risk." Celestia explained why the news never got out, she rather not risk a rise of some being foolish to go and prove themselves by such foolish means of heroism. "But if he's there, then this journey may not just be a test for Twilight...but for my own son." The princess issued how this was as much as Ben's test as it was Twilight to overcome such a horror's journey.

"And just what kinda 'test' would Ben Mare face?" Lorcan asked off in suddenly getting interested to hear this story.

"A test in showing a difference of pony characters like never before seen," Celestia explained the matter of the test is to show...a difference unlike anything before. "He'll face the one who has earned the title: Successor Of The Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu." Celly knew her son would face an opponent that is truly, someone that has earn a recognition more so then herself, Luna, even Twilight. "I pray that from his time going back & forth...our friends will meet him...." The princess issued with hope that the gang 'will' indeed, find the one she speaks about.

Silence fell before a single sentence was ushered from the princess' mouth.

"Hiko Seijuro," Celestia's voice rang across the throne room before everything went dark. That name alone, is of one pony that can truly be the kind to help Twilight's group in such an event wherever they maybe....they'll come to meet the one called...Hiko Seijuro 'Successor of The Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu'. And that name alone...even Celestia feels there was no one else to trust other than...'that' pony in particular.

-------------------

The night time is approaching once more. Twilight and her crew are tired and exhausted from the long journey of entering 'The End of Equestria'.

"According to the map, the first of the ingredients, the Raspy Footlong Cucumber, is in Bullet Acorn Woods." Ben explains as he reads the map. "A forest where the wooden trees develop nothing but acorns, some would think it’s safe, but.... When the trees sense a tremor, the acorns, that are hard as iron, fire at the speed of bullets. What's worse is not only does the area have some tremor quakes every so often, but when the acorns hit the ground, they immediately release poisonous sprouts. For anyone, they need to catch them acorns fired off before they get lodged in the ground.

"Oh yes, a forest; I remember being alone in the woods one time, being found by mommy." Nyx said with a happy smile.

"I'm not sure how far the ingredient we're looking for. But we should camp here tonight." Twilight said with a nod.

"Wait! Seriously; What if there's Hydras, Monsters or Demons out there? Or worst: cannibals!" Spike exclaims in shock and worry. Nyx and Phobos cringed in fear. Koga whined of hearing the last part. Owlowiscious is frightened and feared of the name.

Tough however scoff, "Bah; If they were cannibals, Ah would blasted them 'ta pieces fer good; so no worries, Spiky-boy."

Ben nods as he adds, "Yeah, as long we had Tough here, we've got nothing to worry. Listen, Twilight and I are going to check through the woods for a while, hoping we can get the right direction for us to go through."

Twilight nods as she adds, “Yes. Once we found the route for us to cross, then we marked the woods with red marks. It will be easy for us to see and get across; so, stay here, especially you, Nyx."

Nyx smiled innocently and blushed in embarrassment. She knows how it is when the filly get into trouble...a lot, especially when it comes to 'fooling' Flash earlier…

Ben nods as he points out, "You may have fooled Flash, but right now, Tough will be in-charge. And so I want you and everyone to follow Tough Apple, no matter what happens. Do you understand?"

Nyx, Spike and Phobos all answers, "Yes."

"We'll do our best to get back as soon as possible. So behave." Twilight promises as she nuzzles her daughter. Now Ben and Twilight left to find the routes for their family to get across the woods to their target location. Hopefully they will get back alive.

-----------

During the late night, Tough, Nyx, Spike, Phobos, Koga and Owlowiscious had their dinners. They are still waiting for Twilight and Ben to return. Tough then start to play his banjo and sings his country song again. Phobos slept like a log on a log.

Koga heard a noise and smelled something fowl. He snarled at the noise and decided to follow it. Owlowiscious noticed Koga and decided to follow him. The others didn't seem to notice as they kept waiting for Twilight and Ben to come back.

Nyx then looked up at the moon and sky while sitting on log. Spike approached from behind and sat on it. The baby Dragon pauses, asking, "Still thinking of old times?"

Nyx nods, saying to her 'brother', "Yeah. I'd never forget of how I met Mommy and not to mention of what I did before in my life."

"C'mon. You'd still worry about the past? Everypony has forgiven you, you know that."

"I know. But it kinda makes me wonder what if I had never follow what those possessed cults had asked me to do, instead doing what she had taught me before. I could have gain ponies' trust and love even more than going through the problems like with Granny Smith. You said you wondered if you had hatched earlier, you could have stopped Lorcan and your evil dad in time and hoping to save uncle Starlight; like we can go back in time to correct the mistake."

Spike nods, saying gently, "Yeah, I know what you mean. But we can't expect to change everything by going back in time. If we do that, who knows what kind of chaotic mess there will be? I mean Twilight messed with her past-self like trying to stop her past-self from being worrying, but ended up for her to become more worried just before the future." Soon Spike felt dizzy. "Boy, talking about time and future is giving me a big headache."

Nyx giggled, "Yeah, you're right. I think it's best that we have to go through it than using short-cuts."

Suddenly Koga is whining loudly and Owlowiscious is heard screeching loudly. Everyone heard the noise and found out something.

"Where in 'de Sam Hill did those night pets went?" Tough ask startled, seeing that Koga and Owlowiscious are gone.

"Beats me; But I'm going back to sleep." Phobos yawned, preparing to go back to sleep now.

"No. We've got to find Koga and Owlowiscious." Nyx said sternly. Even if Twilight and Ben told her not to go anywhere, she can't let Koga and Owlowiscious get harmed by whatever it is that the two pets has indeed found. "They're our pets and family. We are not leaving anyone behind."

"Yeah. Let's find them." Spike said in agreement. Twilight and Ben will never forgive him if he kept their pets get into who knows what.

"Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-wow; Wow there partner; No way you're gonna go off wit'out me." Tough Apple protests to the two in alarm. After all, Spike and Nyx would get into trouble if they face something terrible without him around!

"Relax, Tough. I'm sure that Koga and Owlowiscious are probably stuck on trees again." Nyx said with a smile. Maybe the pets are caught and needed to get free. "It won't be long. I promise."

"Besides, Phobos and I will keep an eye on her." Spike insists, pushing Phobos to wake him up. The Moon Dragon looks annoyed; he wanted to sleep but now Phobos has to do bodyguard duty!

Phobos groaned, "Yeah, ruin my sleep to watch over Nyx."

Tough sighed, "Alright, stick together. Ah don't wanna hear some Demons an' Monsters coming after ya, especially de cannibals."

Spike and Phobos gulps a bit at the 'cannibals' part but Nyx waves him off, saying, "No worry, Tough. We'll be fine."

Nyx, Spike and Phobos head off to find Koga and Owlowiscious. They searched through the woods and keep on trying to find them. However, so far the trio found nothing as they keep on going even further.

"Where did the wolf cub and owl go?" Phobos asks grumpily, looking for any signs of Koga and Owlowiscious. Those two pets have to be here somewhere!

"Something tells me that they've been kidnapped. But who," Spike ask, getting worried. Something must've grabbed the two pets, not good!

Nyx gulped of worry. Suddenly, they heard chatting. The trio quickly hides behind a rock. They then took a peek and saw four ugliest and dirtiest black ponies with sharp teeth heading to the front. But what surprised them is that Koga and Owlowiscious are in small cages, both of them are scared and captured.

Phobos yelps as he asks, "Isn't that -"

Spike finishes for Phobos, "Koga and Owlowiscious! Whatever those ponies are, they took our friends and pets! What are they?"

"No idea. Better follow them." Nyx said in concern. She and her pals got to get the pets back and in a worry.

Nyx, Spike and Phobos followed the strange ponies that carried both Koga and Owlowiscious as they're heading towards the light. The heroes keep on following the strange ponies and saw the camp. They quickly hide behind a rock. Nyx, Spike and Phobos took a peek from the rock and saw something shocking: there are more than four strange ponies. They were about 20 or more of them.

The strange ponies were eating meats. Others drink water. Some dance weirdly and crazily. Most are talking and cooking the food. They then saw their pets have been placed behind three big ponies. The middle is stewing something inside the big cauldron while the other two is near their pets.

Spike gulped, "Are those cannibals?"

"By the looks of them eating meats? Yeah," Phobos said with a slow nod. Not good, those nasty ponies are going to make a meal out of Koga and Owlowiscious! "Man, they are ten times ugly and freakier!"

"We've gotta get Koga and Owlowiscious away from them!" Nyx exclaims quietly and in determination.

Spike ask Nyx quietly, "How?"

"Spike, you go and tell Tough Apple about this. We need him to lose his temper right at those meat eaters if they tried to catch us. Phobos and I will get Koga and Owlowiscious away from them."

"What? You mean saved them from those crazy cannibals? No way," Phobos protests to Nyx. He may be crazy but the Moon Dragon isn't stupid!

Nyx sighed while smirking, "I guess I was wrong again. You're ten times selfish than anyone."

Phobos groaned, "I am not! Fine, I'll help. But if we're captured, don't say I warn you." He hates it when Nyx makes him do this stuff by playing with some of his flaws.

Spike nod his head, saying quietly, "Just be careful. Who knows how clever or dumber they really are, even though they all think of meats."

Nyx nodded. Spike quickly returns to the group's camp. She and Phobos sneaks past all the cannibals by sticking to the shadows and hiding behind the rocks as the meat eaters are doing their business: chatting, dancing, drinking their drinks and eating their meats. They arrived at the cages.

Nyx use her magic to open the cages for both Koga and Owlowiscious. They turned and escaped at once both carefully and quietly. Nyx, Phobos, Koga and Owlowiscious slowly avoided being spotted and caught by the cannibals through the shadows and hiding behind the rocks. They are almost going to escape to the entrance of the cannibals' camp.

Unfortunately for Phobos, he smells something smelly. It comes from sleeping cannibal's mouth. His breathe is smelly and stinks. This causes him to almost gag as he yells, "Eww! Gross! Dude, can't you even brush your teeth and breath? These meat eaters are even stinkier than their ugly faces!"

"Phobos," Nyx yelps in alarm. But it's too late; Phobos's yelling begins waking up a cannibal that is sleeping nearby.

"Do you mind?! I'm trying to-!" A sleeping cannibal begins to wake up. Soon he spots the group and woke up fully, making him yelp, "What the?! Hey, we've got trespassers! We've got trespassers!"

Nyx, panicked and scared, immediately put the cannibal back to sleep. But it is too late. The cannibals heard the noise. They turned and saw Nyx and her friends who are trying to escape.

"Oh-oh; Run," Nyx yelps. She and her friends immediately escaped but blocked by some cannibals on the way out.

Phobos yelps in fright, "We're busted and stuck."

The first cCannibal demands angrily to the group, "Hey! What do you think you're doing with our foods?!"

The second cannibal, realizing something, snaps, "They're stealing them!"

"What are they? I’ve never seen a chicken and lizard before!" The third cannibal asks, poking Phobos with a spear much to his annoyance.

"They look good. I want to eat them!" The fourth cannibal insists, licking his lips eagerly.

The cannibals yell out in agreement, "Cook them! Eat them!" The cannibals push the group right near the leaders AKA the first few cannibals who spoke up.

"Alright you little chicken; what do you think you're doing?!" The first cannibal demands to Nyx angrily.

"Getting something that doesn't belong to you! And I'm not a chicken! I'm a pony! Geez, they can't even tell the difference." Nyx remarks with a scoff of annoyance.

"And I'm a Dragon, not a lizard! I don't do this." Phobos snaps, sticking his tongue out like a snake, "Dumb cannibals."

"Everything belongs to us, little chicken. So are you!" The second cannibal snaps while grabbing Nyx's tail and Phobos's tail up high. Koga barked and Owlowiscious screeched. "Alright, tell us who else is with you, chicken?"

Nyx panicked as she insists, "Just me and my dragon. We're looking for our pets. And you're stealing them!"

"She's lying!" The third cannibal yells out madly. Nyx and Phobos couldn't have gone here by themselves!

"I'm not!"

"Put them near to the fire! Make them scream and tell!" The fourth cannibals demands madly to his pals. The other cannibals yell madly and in agreement. Maybe being near the fire will get these two to talk!

Phobos panicked screams out, "You're crazy!"

Nyx panicked, it looks like it's over...until a familiar baby Dragon appears and burned the fourth cannibal's butt with his fire breathing. He screamed in pain.

Spike frowns and demands, "Let them go, you crazy cannibal!"

"Or you'll what, lizard," The second cannibal snaps at Spike in defiance.

As if given a chance. a gunshot hit the second cannibal's arm, letting Nyx and Phobos go. They immediately flied off and went onto Spike's back, along with Koga and Owlowiscious. Tough Apple held his gun tightly while glaring at the cannibals.

"Yew heard what 'de Dragon said: let them go." Tough Apple snaps as he held and aimed at the cannibals. "You'd mess with the wrong ponies." The cannibals roared angrily and charged right at Tough. "Kids, stay behind an' close 'ta me. It's open season time, yew cannibals!"

Nyx, Spike, Phobos, Koga and Owlowiscious quickly went onto Tough's back as he started firing at the cannibals one-by-on from his left, right and middle as they keep on coming and charging at Tough. One of them climbed onto a back rock. He is about to jumped and pounced onto Tough from behind. Nyx spotted and fired magic at the monster.

Both Spike and Phobos fired their fire breathing at the cannibals coming from behind too. Tough heard the noise and glanced, seeing that Nyx, Spike and Phobos are fighting some cannibals off.

"Change in plans. If we want 'ta escape alive, then we gotta work together," Tough Apple said to his friends with a frown, "Ah'll cover yer back while yew three keeps firing meat eaters in 'de front."

Before Nyx, Spike and Phobos could respond, two cannibals are about to strike Tough down when he was not looking. Owlowiscious flew and scratched at the first cannibal's eyes before going up while Koga bites hard on the second cannibal's leg before going back to the group.

Tough hear screaming. He turned and fired at two meat eaters. He then looked at both Koga and Owlowiscious with a smile. He said, "Yew two. Help us an' keep those freaks out o' our sides!" Tough turned to Nyx, Spike and Phobos. "Ready? Fired an' run!"

Tough fired at the cannibals from his back, Nyx, Spike and Phobos fired their magic and fire-breathings at meat eaters in the front, Owlowiscious and Koga attacked on the cannibals' weakest points from both air and low ground if their friends are being distracted while they keep on running and heading away from the cannibals' camp.

The cannibals keep on charging and attacking Tough. They keep on running away while fighting back at the monsters. They were about to make it out and escape alive. Then, Nyx, Tough, Spike, Phobos, Koga and Owlowiscious gasped in shock and fright. They saw the cannibals that are in front of them and this time, there are lots of them. Behind them are also lots of cannibals.

Spike gulped in fright, "You've gotta be kidding me."

"Just how many of these guys are there?" Phobos asks in disbelief. At this rate, the group will be dead before even getting to the last of these freaks!

"Ah'm gonna run out o' ammo." Tough groaned, noting that he's about to run out of ammo to fight with soon.

"I'm too tired to fight." Nyx said, panting a bit. All the fighting has exhausted her.

"Me too," Spike said, getting tired as well.

"All of us are too tired to fight." Phobos groans a bit. Koga and Owlowiscious gasped and panted from the fighting as well. The cannibals are approaching Nyx and her gang slowly as they all looked very hungry.

"Got any bright ideas?" Tough ask the group, wondering if there's any ideas left to use against these guys.

Nyx thinks as quickly as she can. She then smirked before yelling out, "Wait!" The cannibals stopped and looked at Nyx with odd and confused looks. "Before you could eat us, we want to tell you something."

"Talking to them? That's 'de idea?

Phobos scoffs a bit, "Nyx, they're dumb as Boxco and Dum-Dum."

"Yeah, no point in talking with them," Spike said in agreement. What's the point in talking to these ruthless killers anyway?

"We've been infected!" Nyx screams out suddenly. The cannibals and even Nyx's gang looked confused and shocked. What is this? "That's it! We've got worms in our bodies. Oh, that's a lot of parasites inside of us. I wouldn't eat them if I were you, otherwise, you get bad stomachache and so you won't live another day to get the foods."

Tough, Koga and Owlowiscious realized what Nyx's trying to do as they smirked and nodded their heads to the cannibals that what Nyx's saying is true. The cannibals gasped in fear and worry.

"Did she say parasites?" Phobos asks, apparently not getting at first what Nyx is doing.

"Nyx; we don't have parasites! What are you trying to do joking around," Spike exclaims to Nyx in annoyance. "In fact, Phobos is the dirtiest dragon!"

"Me? You're the one who is even more dirtier than I am like forgetting to clean your cheek!"

Nyx sighed in annoyance and anger. Tough groaned. Both Koga and Owlowiscious knocked on Spike's and Phobos's heads. They recovered by rubbing their heads as they realized what Nyx is trying to do: make it looks like that everyone is infected.

Spike quickly plays along this time, "Mine's the biggest parasite I ever had!"

"Hey, mine's the biggest! It tastes not very good!" Phobos insists, making a very mad laugh.

"In fact, all o' us have parasites!" Tough exclaims madly as if about to attack. The cannibals looked very worried and scared about eating ponies who have parasites. If it's true, then it's a bad idea to even try!

"Just be nice Cannibals, and let us go. I promise that the food will come to you sooner or later." Nyx said to the cannibals with a secret smirk on her face. For a moment, it looks like these guys are going for it.

However, the first cannibals frown, realizing something as he snaps to the group, "You think I don't know what you're up to? She's trying to trick us! I've been fooled by one chicken when she uses the same words as his. I believed him and I meet two or three, they use the same words. This time, you're not fooling us!"

The cannibals gasp as they realized that they have been fooled. They glared and snarled at the ponies. Nyx gulped, "Worth the shoot."

"It looks like they're not falling for it." Spike said nervously. It was worth a shot still.

"Any more bright ideas," Tough ask his pals, hoping that one of them has more bright ideas.

"One: We're doomed!" Phobos screams like a girl. Tough hugged Nyx, Spike, Phobos, Koga and Owlowiscious tightly as they hugged him back with their worried and frightened looks. This is the end this time, no one can save them!

The first cannibal booms out, "No one is going to save you."

"Yeah, it's....... it's what again?" The third cannibal ask, confused as he scratch his head. "I think our dinners passed."

The fourth cannibal, blinking, realizes this as he said, "Yeah. So it's our breakfast time."

The fifth cannibal rolls his eyes as he comments to the good guys, "If you're hoping for morning, then sadly you're mistaken coz we can survive the morning. We're not trolls or zombies."

The first cannibal calls out to his pals eagerly, "Well boys, its breakfast time!" The cannibals roared in excitement and happily as they charged at Nyx and her gang. They held and hugged tightly together.

Suddenly a familiar voice spoke up, "The Dawn will take you all!" The cannibals stopped as they turned back to see the source of the voice. Nyx and her gang looked up and smiled as they looked at the familiar faces. Twilight, the one who spoke, and Ben are standing on a top rock.

"You're not harming our family!" Ben snaps sternly to the cannibals.

"Who the heck are they?" The first cannibal asks in surprise and confusion.

"No idea." The third cannibal remarks with a shrug. But this could mean more food, right?

"Can we eat them too?" The fourth cannibal asks hopefully and hungrily.

"Get them!" The fifth cannibal orders madly as the cannibals prepare to attack the newcomers.

Twilight gathered all of her powers through her horn while all of the cannibals charged at Twilight and Ben. Nyx, Tough, Spike, Phobos, Koga and Owlowiscious watch on to see what happened.

"Ben, now," Twilight orders quickly. Ben galloped highly up and then stomped on the big rock with the help of his Triforce Elements. The rock cracked in half. Its left side of the rock fell off and Ben quickly moved to Twilight.

Twilight fired her magic power at all of the cannibals who are charging right at the two. They are all blinded. Then, the sun rises and blinded all of the cannibals. The cannibals cried and screamed in pain. All of the cannibals' skins are slowly turning into grayish and hard skins while they all are staring at the sun. All of them have turned into the stone.

Nyx, Tough, Spike, Phobos, Koga and Owlowiscious were shocked to see this then they cheered happily and wildly. Ben smiles eagerly as he exclaims, "I can't believe that it work! Twilight, what magic did you use? The Cannibals can't possibly be weakened by the sunlight. The trolls are."

Twilight smirked as she explains, "Exactly. By using my 'Strengths and Weakness Switch' Spell, I adapt any animals or species' strengths and weakness. So I chose the troll's weakness. I adapted and focused it on my mind and fired at the cannibals. Once they received the troll's weakness, they are all turned into stone."

"Whoa! That's amazing, Twilight; Crazy but awesome, nice job!"

Twilight smiled as she adds, "It took me a lot of practice on that just before today. C'mon, better check on Nyx and others. I hope they're not hurt."

The two goes down to the group who rush up to them. Nyx hugs her parents, saying, "Mommy, daddy! You're back!"

"Yeah...and didn't I tell you all to stay with Tough?"

"Well, we kinda did...and have to deal with these guys to get the pets back." Spike explains sheepishly as Koga and Owlowiscious laughs in amusement. "But at least these guys got a meal."

"And what's that?" Nyx ask Spike in amusement.

"A 'heavy' diet'."

Most of the group laughs in amusement. Tough of course scratch his mane with a hoof, asking, "Ah don't get it."

Author's Note:

Whoa; that was a close one. In the next chapter, the group deals with Swarm (Wasp Creatures), Mehitos (Carnivorous Plants), and more cannibals with Nyx reveal a secret power while Rabbitchu returns! Also, the heroes found a Demon holding a weird idol which is the reason that the cannibals are acting crazy...and the group is attacked by the Demon and must destroy the idol to cure the cannibals. Read, review and suggest!

The name Skunk Rock & shaped like a bunny rabbit rock formation came from the 2010 version of Pound Puppies from the Hub Channel.

The song was made up by VISION-KING but it's similar to a certain country star Glen Campbell.

The Equestrian Eliminator use magic of which fits perfectly with the mercenary solider appearance. the Shadow Magic is an inspired idea from Shikamaru Naru from the Naruto Series, as he's a ninja that uses Shadows as his weapon arsenal & in techniques.

The scene involving Nyx's group battling the cannibals is used from 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' where the dwarves tried to save Bilbo from the trolls.