• Published 15th Mar 2014
  • 3,534 Views, 76 Comments

Harmony, Insanity and Freaks - Sputnikmann



When testing a spell she read, Twilight and her friends pull some very interesting creatures from another dimension. With the fate of Equestria on their shoulders once again, The Elements of Harmony must overcome the power of the Elements of Insanity

  • ...
4
 76
 3,534

Chapter 6

Starry Night was lying down on the fields surrounding Ponyville. It was a beautiful night, and his parents allowed him to stay up to look at the sky. He pointed out constellations like Ursa Major and Phoenix to himself to pass time. The best thing of all; it was silent.

*Click, Click, Click*

Starry sat up with a start. What was that clicking sound? He looked around. To his right was Ponyville; to his left was the Everfree Forest. Noticing there were nopony else out, he laid back onto the grass.

*Click, Click, Click*

Starry once again sat up. He could have sworn he heard it that time. He looked around, still nopony was out. Hesitantly, he laid himself back onto the grass and closed his eyes. That’s when he heard it; that horrible, evil laughter. He opened his eyes and saw a pony directly above his face.

This pony was beige in color. He had a strange red uniform of some sort on him, covering everything except his hooves, tail and head. Strewn across his uniform was a black sash covered in some type of Metal Ball. On his head there was a helmet; which covered his mane; but Starry guessed he had a black mane, since his tail was black. His cutie mark was covered by his uniform, making impossible to guess his talent or intentions.

“Uh… can I… help you?” Starry asked. Part of him was curious as to whether or not he was the source of the clicking noise, but part of him was creeped out by his sudden appearance. At first there was no response. “Sir? Are you OK?”

The stallion smiled and laughed. “I am Painis Cupcake,” he stated, smiling sadistically. Starry started scooting backwards as Painis rose to his full height, revealing the stallion’s eyes, which were looking directly at him. “I will eat you.” He laughed once again. He reared his head up, opening his mouth. Starry screamed loud enough for his parents to hear back in Ponyville.


Carmel Candy and her husband, Solo Symphony; raced outside towards the source of their child’s scream. When they arrived, all they saw was a pony in uniform standing over a pile of blood. He noticed them and laughed. He fell flat on his face and somehow slid up to them on his chest, then rose in front of their faces. “I am Painis Cupcake.” He stated. “I will eat you.”

What happened next happened so fast. Carmel and Solo didn’t even have time to scream. When Painis was done, he smiled. He had eaten, scared the living scrap metal out of a young colt and ate the colt’s parents. He turned to leave when he saw another pony entering the Everfree Forest. Not wanting to give away his position with his clicking slide, Painis crept up on the pony, hiding behind anything at his disposal. When he got close enough, he saw that it was a stallion wearing a black vest and a black Australian out-back hat.

Deciding to ditch his futile efforts of holding his more-or-less sanity, he fell on his face and followed the pony into the Everfree. He followed the pony until the stallion turned a corner of densely packed trees. When Painis himself turned the corner, he found himself at the tip of a half-zatoichi katana. The wielder looked less than amused. “What the bloody hell are YOU doin’ here?”


Screwball was getting impatient. She was waiting for at least three hours for a train. She didn’t know much about the Crystal Empire, but she did know it wasn’t small. If she didn’t get on a train soon, she might never find the Elements of Harmony. She huffed and sat on one of the train station’s benches, counting the stars as the clock on the wall counted the seconds of boredom.


“Do you suppose that those dreaded Elements of Insanity will attack the Crystal Empire do you?” asked Rarity. “Surely they know the dangers of the arctic north. And if Rarifruit is me, she won’t be able to stay more than ten seconds out there without needing a new scarf!”

Shadow Rush was lost. He had read that the Crystal Empire was the 3rd greatest kingdom on Equus (Besides Equestria and the Griffon Kingdom), but he didn’t know it was located in a place so… decollate. He read it was a flourishing kingdom covered in green and crystals, but the heavy snow outside the train contradicted that. And what were the dangers that they were talking about?

“There are legends of many dangerous creatures in the arctic north” said Twilight, earning a confused look from Shadow. “What? You were thinking aloud.” Shadow was about to comment, but was interrupted by the train coming to a stop. Looking outside, the Elements noticed there was still heavy snow, meaning that they’ve yet to arrive. They walked to the front of the train and found the door frozen shut.

Deciding she didn’t want to accidentally melt the door, she allowed Applejack to deal with it. Winding up her hooves, the cowpony bucked the door, shattering it like glass. They were all shocked to see what was behind the door. The entire inside of the car was covered in ice. Moving further in, they found the conductor and ticket master frozen in blocks of ice and the window shattered. Fluttershy, being Fluttershy; ran out of the car and back into the main area of the train, crying.

They all rushed back when they heard Fluttershy scream. Returning to their car, they found the room was coated in ice and all the other passengers were frozen solid. All except one. There was one Pegasus pony in the middle of the pathway. Her coat was a pale blue and her hair a blinding white. On her flank was a picture of a snowflake as her cutie mark. “Cloud Kicker?” all heads turned towards Rainbow Dash.

“You know her?” asked Twilight. Rainbow nodded.

“She’s an old friend of mine from Cloudsdale.” said Rainbow Dash. “She and I manage weather in Ponyville now. But something is… different.” Rainbow started approaching ‘Cloud Kicker’ slowly. “Cloud Kicker? It’s me, Rainbow Dash. Are you OK?” she reached out her hoof to touch her, but a wall of ice sprang from the floor and encompassed her leg.

‘Cloud Kicker’ giggled. She opened her eyes, revealing a black sclera and tiny red irises. “Sorry ‘Dashie’,” said ‘Cloud Kicker’, “But I’m doing just fine.” Her irises turned the same pale blue as her coat, and the ice started creeping up Dash’s body. “But I’m not Cloud Kicker anymore” she said. “Before you freeze, remember the name of Cryo Kicker.”

Rainbow didn’t see much else. As the ice covered her head, all she could see was Cryo Kicker laughing maniacally.

Author's Note:

Dun Dun DUH!

Yes, Cryo Kicker is my personal freak. Not the most original, but... eh.

Again, one month tops for next chapter. ANY criticism helps. Just review, I'm not going to delete anything for hate comments.