• Published 5th Mar 2014
  • 780 Views, 16 Comments

Lindsay's Guide to Pony-Sitting - PrincessAJ



Lindsay doesn't have many friends and rather keeps to herself, until a certain blue pegasus crashes into her life.....literally.

  • ...
6
 16
 780

The Confrontation

Feb 10th

5:03pm

Dear Diary,

It’s been a good hour and a half since I’ve written anything. And so far, not much has happened.
I’m still on the couch, the pony is still asleep, and I haven’t left my seat since I last wrote; mostly resting since my last entry.

I’m starting to think this is a lost cause, and this pony won’t wake-

“….oww…”


I put my book down and stiffened as my blood ran cold. Oh my God, she’s actually waking up, I mean I knew she would eventually but not so soon. I started to panic, my breathing was short and quick; beads of sweat formed on my forehead as the pegasus began to rustle underneath the blanket.

In my mind, I calmly thought of what to do.

What the hell do I do!?!?! Should I just sit here? Do I get up and run? Something? I..I..I don’t know what I should do! Oh god, oh god, oh god…

Finally I give up, and out of fear, I quickly got off the couch and cowardly hid behind the armrest.

I don’t know how she’s gonna react when she sees me, but I know for sure it won’t be pretty.

The pony’s head rose from her pillow, and she sat up on the couch. I spied from my hiding place while she looked around in a daze. She rubbed her head and moaned softly; the spot on her forehead must still sting from the collision earlier. As she blinked a few times to regain her vision, I observed that her eyes were a brilliant magenta, a magenta that I’ve only seen a couple of times in my life. Once she finished, she looked around the room, observed her surroundings, and instantly her face turned to confusion…

“Wha…where…where am I?”

Then fear.

“This…isn’t Cloudsdale..”

Then anger.

“Where the hay am I?!”

My eyes nearly pop out of my skull from all I’ve heard…

…So she can talk…okay…

Shaking the initial shock of a pegasus talking right in front of me, I continued to watch her every move, with fascination. This was unbelievable.

The pegasus saw her bandaged wing and groaned in annoyance.
“Not again…”

Wonder if I should be concerned about that...nay.

She looked over the couch, and called out.
“Hello? Anypony here?”

Anypony? Weird.

I leaned back a bit, but in doing so, the wood floor beneath me creaked. The pony’s ears turned to the sound, and she looked my way, though I’m pretty sure she couldn’t see me.

“Who’s..who’s there? If this is another obsessed fan, I’m really not in the mood.”

She has fans? What, is she some sort of celebrity where she’s from?

Too many questions were going through my head. I stayed quiet, and I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest.

“Answer me... or you’ll regret it!” she yelled.

I closed my eyes…

This is ridiculous, hiding like a wuss isn’t gonna solve anything. And it DEFINITELY won’t help me here…

I breathed out quietly.

There’s no point in hiding… I might as well just get it over with…

Well...here goes nothing…

I braced myself, and I stood.

At first she didn’t react, but once she saw me standing in front of her, her eyes bulged and a scream came out of her mouth.

Same went for me.

We both screamed at one another, afraid of the strange organisms in front of each of us. She kicked her legs, and tried to back up, but the opposite armrest stopped her. I backed up and tripped over the lounge chair behind me. I fell on the ground with a thud, and did the same scurry maneuver as she did. We continued to let out our frightened yells for a few more seconds, and once we stop, she and I stared. Face to face, at each other. Motionless. Her breathing was heavy, as was mine.

“A human?! But... I thought Lyra was kidding about those things!”

“Excuse me?” I said somewhat offended.

“Back off you freak! I’ve got wicked fighting skills!” she positioned her arms like she was ready to karate-chop me or something. I kinda think it’s cute and I snuffle a giggle. She looked at me annoyed and a bit confused.

“What’s so funny?” she asks.

“Uh..nothing…” I looked away and bit my lip. “Look I don’t wanna hurt you or anything. This is all just a big misunderstanding,” I started to say as I stood up.

She wasn’t going to let me finish. “Pfff, Yeah right! you’re probably gonna do experiments on me or something! Well, I’m not havin’ any of that!”

“No, you got it all wrong! I’m not trying to do anything to you. Look, you literally fell from the sky and crashed into me in the park. You were out like a light, your wing was broken, and I just took you to my house to see if you were okay.”

She squinted her eyes, not believing my story, and crossed her arms “This is obviously a dream. In a few minutes I’ll be back in Cloudsdale safe and sound.”

“Cloudsdale?” I ask.

“YES. My home, and once I wake up, none of this will have ever happened.”

“Yeah..I don’t think that’s gonna happen.”

She raised an eyebrow “What’d ya mean?”

“This isn’t a dream.”

It took her a moment to process what I said, then realization hits her “….No, it HAS to be! I can’t really be stuck here!” she cried, looking down at her wing again. I could see the fear and sadness in her facial expression, and it tore my heart to see her that way. She looked back up to me, desperation in her eyes “Quick, you GOTTA tell me how to get out of here!”

I shrugged “How should I know? I’m not the freakin’ Doctor! It’s obvious you came here from some other dimension or something…or from wherever you’re from.”

She tried to get up from the couch, but in doing so, fell off the side and landed on the floor. She let out a cry, and I hurried over and tried to help her up, but was swatted away before I could.“Get away from me!” she growled.

Ignoring what she said, I scooped her up in my arms. She flailed around and tried to escape my grasp, yelling “Put me down!”

I did as she asked and plopped her back on the couch.

“Calm down, would ya?” I said, now mildly annoyed.

“No way! I’m getting the heck out of this place! You can’t keep me here!”

“I’m not keeping you here, can’t you understand that?! Your stuck here!” I yelled back at her.

Her eyes grew wide, and she opened her mouth as to say something but quickly closed it. I wasn’t sure if it was my outburst that surprised her, or the inevitable reaction to realizing her situation. Her ears sagged “This means… Tank…Scootaloo… my friends…” and her voice began to crack. I couldn’t be too sure, but I could have sworn I heard a snuffle.

I realize what I’ve said, and I soon feel completely guilt-ridden.

“Hey hey, come on now…’ I say, trying to comfort her. ‘It’s ok…we’ll figure something out...”

I slowly headed back to the couch and sat. I felt the urge to pet her, but I think that would only make things awkward and/or worse. We sat in silence, each of us contemplating what our next course of action was. After a few more moments of quiet, she turned to me with sad eyes, literally piercing into my soul. I felt awful for her, and I did everything within my power to try and think of something to say.

“Well, it’s obvious you can’t fly back. Especially in the shape you’re in. So maybe we just need to let you rest up, and then we can find a way to get you back home.” I said, though once I finish my sentence, she looked at me with distrust.

“You’re not just saying that so I can trust you, and you turn the tables and trick me, right?” she asked cautiously.

“Positive,” I reply. Once I say this, her ears perked up again, and a faint smile came across her face. I find myself smiling back. This has definitely been the most bizarre and interesting couple of hours of my life, but for some reason, I actually didn’t mind it now. Before I was afraid of the new and strange thing I discovered, but now I wasn’t so afraid anymore, and I was willing to help out this pegasus the best that I can.

She extended her hoof toward me and said, “I’m Rainbow Dash.”

I pause for a moment, then grasp my own hand around her hoof and said, “Lindsay,” as we shook hands(?) slowly.

Once we finish, Rainbow was the first to speak.

“So.. I guess I should apologize, you know, for crashing into you earlier. Sorry ‘bout that.”

“Eh, it’s okay...Sorry for yelling at you,” I reply, feeling a sting from my arm again.

She shrugged, “It’s cool.”

We return to silence. Then I am the first to speak.

“So..where are you from exactly?” I was fairly intrigued to learn more about the world she came from.

She opened her mouth to answer, but our moment is suddenly stopped by a loud bang from outside, a similar sound like when Rainbow Dash crashed into me. I stood, and Dash turned her head toward the noise.We said nothing as I slowly headed toward my living room window and pulled back the curtains. And beyond what my mind can comprehend, a large blast of light came from my backyard. It looked mystical and alien, nothing I’d ever seen before, as a strange purple and pink aura circled around the light...

Author's Note:

I'm back baby!
God, it took me a pretty long time to get back to writing this thing. i felt like crap for not writing anything for this, and leaving it the way i did. Promising a new story when in actuality, i was just quitting on yet another project. but now enough sulking, i'm back, and Lindsay's Guide to Pony-Sitting is here to stay :D
thanks again to Dartrunner for proof-reading everything