• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 1,736 Views, 20 Comments

Mare In The Everfree Forest - MoonLily



The forest has always been the subject of mystery of those who live around the thick and heavily dense forest. For some it is a place full of evil, full of hidden secrets, full of wonder, but for a select few they call this forest Home.

  • ...
6
 20
 1,736

Chapter thirty Eight

Lunch was a disaster for me as I could not sit still through it. I quickly left the room to empty my stomach and anything I had choked down. I was not doing well as this will be the real death of me. If Luna found out I would be watched over like a hawk. She would probably tie me to the bed like the Empress had suggested many times before. Sitting up I cleaned my muzzle on my hoof. Rinsing my hooves off in the sink I flushed the toilet. Walking out I could hear the maids talking and gossiping like they normally do. I took a deep breath before walking to the study.

Sitting in the study I made my mind up. I was going to keep this silent and to myself as I do not want others to know. I rolled my shoulders as I started to work since my peace will end soon. I was stuck in the castle which gave me some time to work on the spells that I needed. I also made some new ones that I kept to myself. This week went by with my heart pounding in my chest anytime Luna was close. Thank gods for me RedGem didn’t ask Luna about the spells as that would have been the end for me. As I was stuck I did do a bit of chaos as I slipped the same spell Luna gave me to Twilight for her and Celestia. To keep my mind off of the child and my grandfather I would find myself working on the metal plate with different gems in its place. Once I had the right gems I stopped messing with it.

“Mother!” I lifted my head as I turned toward the door. I pulled the armor from the mankin. I put on the faded black tunic one before the bracers second. Once they were on I placed the heavy dark blue dress on with a black belt around my waist. My heart was sinking in my chest as I fixed the high collar with the silver chain holding it closed. I used my magic to pull my mane into a tight bun with a large silver moon holding it closed. Once it was done I pulled the ring off the horn before looking at the door. Once I walk out of those doors my life will truly never be the same. Pushing through the nerves I walked through the door noticing a large silver armor pony.

“You forgot the breastplate mother” Jr’s voice echoed through the armor. Turning my head I grabbed the breastplate that was laying on the ground. I quickly placed it on strapping it down making sure it moved with ease. I knew this wasn’t going to be my finest hour.

“You okay in the armor?”

“Never thought I would have to wear this again” he chuckled. I walked towards the door noticing the guard packing a train while Twilight was going over a list. I could see her friends behind her talking to the princesses.

“Are you sure you are okay? We can push this back to after the new year?”

“I want to get this over with. I do not want to start the new year with this hanging over my head” I huffed as he nodded. I left the safety of the castle moving toward the train station. Once I came into view the guards quickly stopped and gave me a salute.

“KNIGHT COMMANDER ON SIGHT!” one shouted causing the others to stop and salute. I waived my hoof causing them to return to work. I moved over to the group as I noticed they were dressed for the weather.

“Now that is something I really thought I would never see again” Celestia spoke up as I gave her a polite bow. I could see they were both wearing only a scarf leaving their regla here.

“Never thought I would see the princesses without armor” I sat and fixed my own armor.

“Darling I still don’t understand how you move easily in that. I had to try it on and I was stuck in one place” Rarity spoke up as I gave her a smile.

“Practice. I couldn’t move in it either when I got it. Luna was laughing at me for days while I tried walking in it.” I chuckled.

“So do they always give you a salute?”

“She is a knight commander Dash” Jr walked up pulling his helmet off “Her word is the law after the princesses. Her rank cannot be taken by a captain or by a normal guard. It can only be taken from her by the princesses.”

“Whoa Jr”

“This is my old armor when Nightmare Moon happened. I changed it out for the one you see today. Just kept it and never turned it in. The one Solis is in was my brother” he smiled as I turned and noticed Solis struggling with the armor.

“How did he do this!”

“Practice!” both I and Jr shouted. he groaned as he entered the train. I took a breath in and out before walking onto the train. I moved past the guards as they gave me a bow. I picked a seat next to the window fixing my bracers. I felt the seat moving as I could see Twilight sitting beside me while Luna took the seat in front of me. I just concentrated on my breathing while an apple floated in front of me.

“Have you even eaten today?”

“No” I spoke up as I noticed a sandwich in her magic. I glared over at her as she had a smile on her face. I forced the sandwich down as another one appeared.

“How many do you have!”

“As much as I need. I know you, Silver. You will not eat till the war is done!” she snapped causing me to nod. I turned my head toward the window watching as the lights from homes and villages passed by.

“We’re not stopping at other towns?”

“No, we are a one-way private train to the empire. The empress should be waiting for us with her guard at the station. We will unload the items we have and then get our plan in place.” I noticed Twilight was reading over a scroll writing on it. I was kind of shocked Spike wasn’t at her side. I could only stay quiet as I watched the scenery move past us. I could feel my stomach rolling as I hung my head.

“Silver?”

“Sug you look green”

“Some pony got motion sickness! I got the right cure” My ears hear Discord floating above me holding popcorn out.

“Just nerves okay” I leaned back and closed my eyes. I slowly counted to ten calming myself down. I could hear the train whistle causing me to glance out the window. I noticed a shadow moving alongside the train causing me to narrow my eyes. He knows I am here now. I rolled my shoulders as I moved from the bench climbing over Twilight and Luna. I gulped as I watched the shadow disappear from sight. He going to do something and I know it. The train came into the station slowly allowing me to see the empress in her armor with her guards beside her. Cadence and Shining Armor were behind her as Twilight ran and hugged him. I walked out after the guard filed out.

“CLERIC ON SIGHT!”

“KNIGHT COMMANDER ON SIGHT!” I groaned as I rubbed my forehead. I gave a bow to the empress till my eye caught the sight of a shadow moving. I walked off the platform as the guards went to work pulling the items out of the train. This is when I noticed the first half was filled with medical ponies as they filed out. I moved my eyes to the field and noticed he was standing out there staring. I watched as he sent a large wave of snow my way. I took a deep breath in and out creating a barrier around the train and the rest of the empire. holding my barrier I looked up and noticed we were covered in snow blocking the sun out.

“Mother”

“Silver?” I could hear them yelling as I let out another breath. I could hear the snow crystals singing telling me this is the snow closer to the village. I had a grin on my face as I pulled the snow down from around us. I let another breath out turning this snow around me into a pack of wolves. I snorted once causing them to howl before running off.

“Her eyes their glowing”

“Mother uses this to see who or what is out there before sending her team out. It to keep ponies safe and to scare the enemy”

“Will you all SHUT UP! I am trying to listen” I growled as I moved my ears. I kept moving my head looking around. I clicked my teeth watching the field through their eyes. my ears twitched as I made them stop. he had an evil smile on his face as he swung his sword. I let out a gasp as I pulled my magic coughing.

“Mother?”

“He knows we're here. He’s watching” I turned and walked toward the castle leaving them behind. I stopped not far from them as I felt something touching my ear. I moved my ears as I looked around glancing at the guards and the medical team. I swear I felt a hoof on my cheek as I heard something whispering to me.

Silver steaua mea, cred ca e timpul sa dormi (silver my star, I think its time for you to sleep) I felt the gem around my neck glowing as my body started to grow heavy.

“CISARNA, zatvorte risu! ( EMPRESS, Close the empire!)” I shouted causing her and the others to stare at me I fell to the ground my eyes growing tired. I fell on my side as I felt myself getting turned to my back. I couldn’t speak but I could watch them.

“Red I thought she was healed!” Empress shouted.

“She was something else is wrong” I felt my breastplate being unhooked from my chest. I watched as they lean over staring down at me. I was screaming on the inside as they were staring.

“Her eyes their glossy and that's not good. We need to get her to a bed and see what we need to do. Luna, Celestia can you talk to the sun and moon to see if she is there?” I felt myself being picked up as I closed my eyes.

“Mother! Mother! The thief is trying to control sister”

“Father! Father! the thief he is trying to control sister”

“Help!”

“Help!”

I could hear the stars shouting as my eyes were closed. I felt myself being placed on something soft as I could hear a thud before a rattle. I could feel the necklace around my neck being moved. I could hear voices talking softly before feeling my mane move as I felt something being moved before I fell into darkness.