• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 1,736 Views, 20 Comments

Mare In The Everfree Forest - MoonLily



The forest has always been the subject of mystery of those who live around the thick and heavily dense forest. For some it is a place full of evil, full of hidden secrets, full of wonder, but for a select few they call this forest Home.

  • ...
6
 20
 1,736

Chapter Fifteen

“Why was I never notified of this? Or why was this hidden from my sister” I heard Celestia growl. I sighed as I walked towards an area of the library where I could place my back against the wall.

“I tired. Luna was not listening to me or Necro when we went to her. She was changing as we saw it. I made JR promise to stick by her side no matter what. We came to you asking for help. But you had your own problems. The forest was consuming the city, ponies needed a place to go fast. By the time our words reached your ears, it was too late. Sombra’s magic affected Luna causing her to turn. The city was destroyed. I and Necro turned to getting ponies a home built in Canterlot. By that time I was helping Raven raise her son before she left. Solar went to join your guard. I spent my time helping ponies who needed it and then taking care of my husband.” I was looking at the princesses with tears in my eyes “When I knew no pony needed me anymore I went into hiding. I made up a home in the everfree because who looks for an immortal mare in the everfree” I chuckled a bit.

I stayed silent as I watched them carefully. Twilight hadn’t moved from her spot in a while. Fluttershy was staring at her friend as Celestia had her back to me. Applejack and Rainbow had moved to their friend. I could see Rarity staring at me along with Discord. I was rubbing my chest as I was breathing heavily.

“look you can hate me all you want okay” I turned my head as I got up and walked towards the stairs. I needed to get out of the room as I started to feel hot again.

“Dearie and where are you going to?” I turned and noticed Rarity looking at me.

“Just giving you some space” I gave her a small grin trying to walk up the stairs. I was stopped by Discord as he pinned me to the wall.

“How could you hide something like this?” his voice was low as I stared at him.

“I promised to keep this hidden” I stared at him shocked. I could feel my body shaking as I noticed Fluttershy trying to pull him off.

“Discord stop” I was forced to look up at him as he was holding my lower jaw. I felt his nails digging into my fur.

“Discord!” I heard Celestia speak up as I felt her magic trying to separate us. He would not move. I noticed his eyes were switching to a golden yellow instead of the dull orange and red they were.

“Discord take your magic off of her now!” I heard Luna shouting.

“I’m not the one making her mane turn to fire.” I glanced to the side and noticed my mane was flowing behind me causing me to panic more. I was kicking my front and back hooves trying to get away. I felt his hand on my forehead.

“Calm down” his voice was deeper and it worked. His words worked making him even scarier to me. I watched in silence as he walked away from me. I felt Fluttershy and Luna on either side. I noticed Discord climbing the wall causing the others to snap out of their current thoughts. His form changed to take up the whole space above the rafters. His body was wrapped around the rafters allowing us to see his fur had a slight shimmer to it. His mane was flowing behind him as his one fang was missing. Beyond what I saw I couldn’t really describe him. He was a normal-looking creature that was no longer a mixed match.

“Discord?” I heard Fluttershy breaking the silence.

“You can call me order.”

“Where is Discord?” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“I’m here, well he is me. You see me and Discord are one in the same. I am the ruler of Order and Chaos because you see without order there is no chaos. Without Chaos, there is no order. I am hardly ever in my order form since order is established quickly. I am mostly Discord because I want to learn about ponies. Fluttershy my dear you are doing great”

“But, what is,” I noticed she was cut off by a claw.

“I need a more calm mind to speak about this topic. First off why am I Discord a lot? Well in order to keep the balance in this world I need to create some chaos. But about this topic” I felt his claw on my forehead “First off I am sorry for scaring you. I needed to make sure what I was seeing was true. Even when I attacked you the first time.” As he moved his claw from my head I quickly hid under Luna shaking.

“Discord what is going on!” I heard Luna shouting.

“To be honest I wanted to speak to my niece”

“Now I know he gone nuts. Discord ain’t got no kin” I looked over at Applejack trying to calm myself down.

“I don’t have children. But I have a sister and a brother. We were the first creatures to come to this world before the alicorns of old. We helped them create their world and to start yours. All was peaceful between us and the alicorns and it was lovely. I would help Faust create order within her creations while the others did their jobs.”

“What changed?” I glanced over at Twilight.

“One of the alicorns stole from sister and brother. The alicorn stole their child”

“Wait! Your sister and brother married each other?” Pinkie shouted as the others shudder. I could feel his eyes rolling in his head.

“In today’s terms, he would be my brother-in-law. Back when we were starting out there was no word for it. We just called each other brother and that was it.”

“So, your niece went missing. Did they find her?”

“No Fluttershy. From a certain point, we consider her dead. They said they were going to send two ponies down to Equestria to look for her but that didn’t happen.”

“So you found her?” Rarity pipped up “Oh I need to make a dress”

“I did and judging from what she has on, so did her parents” I watched as he leaned his head down to my level. I kept myself hidden under Luna shaking.

“and…And what would that be” I finally spoke up shaking.

“Your bracelets”

“I was given to me by”

“Void or the pale mare. I don’t understand why they called him a mare. Void is a friend of ours. He could always see our perspective”

“I had parents and they died a long time ago and”

“By the way your acting they didn’t tell you” I walked out from under Luna. I was staring at him my legs were shaking.

“Tell me what?”

“Not my place to say. I will say that, other than that question I will answer all that you have” I watched him smile as he returned to his normal form. I kept my eyes on him as he walked over placing a pillow on the floor.

“Who is that for?”

“You” after he said that I crashed to the floor “You had a spell rune placed on you.”

“To make sure no pony knew” I started to cough up some blood “This is going to hurt” I chuckled as I tried to get up but was forced back down.

“Why would you go that far!” I was shocked as I saw Twilight staring at me “Why, just why?”

“Aurora was scared of what the future held for her family. She did not want the fall of the empire placed on her shoulders. Her father was already shielding her from the worse of it. Nobles are not nice Twilight” I stopped for a moment coughing up more blood “They wanted him dead when they found out. I hid him in Hallow Shades where our family started.”

“Why not tell me up front?”

“Would it change your outlook on me?” I saw her staring at me. I could tell she was thinking as her eyes were shifting back and forth.

“Maybe” her voice was soft as I nodded.

“See”

“Will you be alright?” I could see the worry in her eyes as I gave her a smile.

“If getting tossed off a cliff and then off a waterfall by Discord didn’t kill me, then this is a walk in the park” I chuckled as I pulled the pillow closer “Just let me rest here” I passed out.