• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 782 Views, 15 Comments

A Dream Met... - Jon bucker



Sometimes saying you’d do anything, means giving everything. How hard would you push yourself to keep a promise, and more importantly get back to the ones you love. This is the story that includes my life; this is the story of me in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 15
 782

A Gift For Remembrance:

The sounds downstairs slowly dwindled, clashing dishes stopped and I heard there bedroom doors shut.
I was lying there for maybe three or four hours but I couldn’t sleep, I was wide awake and was just lying there motionless. I was expecting to fall asleep instantly but I didn’t, the realization that I was leaving equestria tomorrow just prevented me from sleeping. My mind was all over the place and I was still finding it hard to accept. So I decided to go for a walk, walking helped calm my mind back at home so I was hoping it do the same here.
I through my covers of and pushed myself up, but I pushed myself up with my left shoulder? then I realized that my body and shoulder weren’t hurting anymore. I took of my shirt quickly and started undoing the bandage wrap. When it was all off I was left utterly surprised. My wounds were completely healed, they were nothing but scares. I felt and pushed on them but it was official there was no pain. That stuff Zecora put on it really worked.
I started moving and rotating my shoulder, it felt so good to be able to move it again without siring pain. My shoulder being better helped take my mind off for a sec but it slowly came back into my mind. She with that I put my shirt back on and rolled up the slightly bloody bandage wrap and sat it on the ground beside my bed.
Then I got up and started making my way towards the staircase quietly, bending my knees as I did so to reduce squeaking on the old wooden floor. When I got down the stairs I noticed a dim light coming from applebloom’s room, her door was open. Curiously, I made my way down the hall and stopped and looked it. The light was coming from her bedside lamp and bloom was passed out on her bedroom floor with a papers and coloring pencils in front of her. She must have been coloring and lost track of time and fell asleep.

I smiled at the sleeping filly and walked in, I walked up to her quietly and bent down and scooped her up with care, I carried her over to her bed and sat her down softly placing her head gently on her pillow. I pulled up her covers and tucked her in. Then I leaned in and kissed her on the forehead. “Goodnight Applebloom...” I said in a soft and loving tone

I got up and started walking back. “Goodnight Jonathan... and thanks...” I heard her say from behind me.

I stopped in the doorway and turned around and looked to her. She was looking at me with tired eyes but she was smiling at me, I smiled warmly back and nodded, stepped out and shut the door quietly and continued down the hall and stairs.
When I got to the main level I looked over into the kitchen clock, it was ten-thirty. It was a bit late to go for a walk but I felt like I had to, I wasn’t going to able to get any sleep otherwise. So I put on my shoes and opened the front door, walked out, and closed it softly.
I walked off the porch and stood, the moon was shining bright like it had the previous nights and the stars were twinkling in the night sky, it was nice and cool out.
I didn’t know where I wanted to go, I was just about to start walking blindly. But then something caught my eye. Over to my right I saw a enormous hill with a single tree on top that stood out from the others. I felt like I was being done to it, not fighting the strange feeling I decide to go there and I started walking through the field. I didn’t bother grabbing a flashlight or a lantern from the house before I left; the moon was shining bright enough so I could see without them.
I wasn’t really thinking much as I was walking, I was just admiring my surroundings. Walking amongst they apple trees and listening to the light night breeze flowing through there leafs helped calm my raging thoughts, it was almost like at home, but I felt more at home here than I ever did back in the forest in my world...
It was so peaceful...

After I made it to the hill, and once I got to the top. I sat down and leaned up against the old tree at the top and looked to the valley below. I could see everything from there, I could see the barn and there were apple trees as far as I could see; I saw a river that I didn’t even know existed running through a part in the orchard, its water sparkled in the moonlight.
It was so beautiful, but that just made it harder because that was another thing I had to leave.

“Couldn’t sleep...” a voice came from my right. I turned over to see who it was. It was Applejack who was just coming to the top of the hill, and it looked like she was carrying something but I couldn’t tell what through the darkness. I didn’t know if she followed me or not but honestly I didn’t really care.

I shook my head. “No... not really.” I said. I moved over to my left to give her a spot to sit, and I turned back to the night covered field.

She took the spot and sat down next me. “What’s troublin you sugarcube...?” she asked

I sighed, It took me a couple seconds to answer. I was still trying to sort through my thoughts. “Just trying to accept that I have to leave... I’ve never felt more loved and felt like I’ve truly belonged in any other place but here, and I’m just finding it hard to believe that I have to leave it all behind and go back to my world...” I said depressed

Applejack remained silent; I wasn’t really paying much attention to her. I wasn’t trying to rude, my mind was just else were. I knew she could tell that though, but she respected that and stayed silent for awhile. “Ya know ah never got around ta properly sayin this, but thank you...”

My train of thought was broken for a sec, and I turned to her confused. “For what?” I asked

Applejack chuckled and pushed me in the side playfully. “Don’t give me that. You save me and applebloom’s life...” she said

“That’s what friends do.” I said. Though I didn’t say family, since I was better my mental barriers were somewhat back up, and I don’t know why but the depression just stopped me from calling them that.

Applejack immediately shook her head. “No... that’s what Family does...” she said

When she said that I was instantly filled with a certain kind of joy and comfort, even though I had already said that it meant more to me hearing it from her, cause then I knew she felt the same way. I had never felt more a part of the family then at that moment.
I put my right arm around applejack and puller her in lovingly and gave her a hug, she didn’t seem to mind and she hugged me back. “Here... a want ta give ya something.” She paused
She got out of they embrace and reached over to her right and passed me an old looking brown leather cowboy hat, it looked similar to hers but it was a darker shade of brown, also it didn’t have the gap in the front and the sides weren’t curved up, and there was a thin brown leather strap that went around the top and hung down the back for decoration.

I knew what it was but, I didn’t know why. “What is this?” I asked

Applejack breathed in then exhaling her words. “It’s my pa's hat... Ah won’t you ta have it...”

I was instantly darted to her. “Applejack I can’t take this... it’s you fathers.” I said

I went to go pass it back but she stopped the gesture with her hoof and pushed it back. “Keep it... The way ah see it, you saved me as well as applebloom’s life. If my pa were alive right now he’d want you to have it, and yer someone who can truly appreciate it. please... take it...” she insisted

I couldn’t believe that applejack was actually giving me this, but I knew she wouldn’t of unless she really thought about it, so this must be what she really wants, and I didn't want that to be in vain. “Ok... thank you. All try to make your father proud.” I said

Applejack smiled. “Ya already have...” she said

It stayed quiet for a couple minutes; I looked away from her and starred at the hat. I was still shocked that applejack gave me this, I felt so honored. My raging thoughts had disappeared the moment she did. I had finally accepted the fact that I had to leave, but even though I was leaving I could take something with me that I truly earned that was given to me by a fri-, by a family member... it gave me a whole new type of pride and accomplishment that I will never take for granted.

After a bit applejack got up from her seat. “Ah’m gonna head back ta the house it’s gettin late, ya comin?” she asked me

I shook my head. “Na I’m going to stay here a bit longer, you go ahead. I'll catch up.” I said. Even though I had accepted it I wasn't ready to leave just yet

She saw that and left me with my thoughts. “Alright, but don’t be takin too long...” she said. I nodded and she smiled and started walking back down the hill and to the farm.

I sat there for sevrol seconds before I stood up. I looked down to the darken farm below then back to the hat. “I'll wear this hat in respect of you, you did a great job with that one... with all of them... thank you.” I lifted the hat up to my head and placed it on; I pulled the tip up to my forehead and the thin strip on the back went down my neck, it was a perfect fit.
I looked back down to the forest of apple trees under the moonlight with a proud and comfort feeling in my heart, I smiled and I turned and started making my way down the hill and caught up with applejack.
We didn’t talk on the way back; everything had already been said so we just walked and enjoyed the landscape. When we got back to the house applejack was the first to go upstairs; after taking off my shoes, I stopped by the kitchen and got a couple glasses of water.
When they were gone I went up stares and up to the attic, I sat down in my bed and took off the hat and looked at it with feelings of proud and appreciation in my body. I sat it down gently on the bed frame and lied back and closed my eyes and fell asleep, heart and mind both at peace...