• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 780 Views, 15 Comments

A Dream Met... - Jon bucker



Sometimes saying you’d do anything, means giving everything. How hard would you push yourself to keep a promise, and more importantly get back to the ones you love. This is the story that includes my life; this is the story of me in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 15
 780

To Twilight's Place:

Twilight’s house was just down the road when I spotted Applebloom and the rest of the cutie mark crusaders playing off to the side. Applebloom noticed us coming down the path. “Jonathan!” she cheered

She turned from Sweetie belle and Scootaloo and started running towards us, it always makes my day seeing that joyful smile upon her face. I kneeled down and held out my arms, she jumped into them giving me a quick hug, completely ignoring applejack. “Hey bloom, how are you.” I asked cheerfully setting her back down.

“Great...” she said. Sweetie belle and Scootaloo walked over to us and stood behind bloom, they seemed a bit more comfortable around me; no doubt Applebloom told them everything she knew about me. “Hey jonathan we were wondering...” she started. “if you might know what our cutie marks are!?” she said rapidly beaming

I was a bit set back, was the hug just a way in buttering me up or was she actually happy to see me? I chose the second. I turned to applejack; she gave me a stern look and shook her head slightly. I smiled and turned back to the three fillies waiting for my answer. But I had to be the responsible one.

“Now Apple bloom, you know it doesn’t work like that. You being part of a story where I come from has no bearing on you here. And cutie marks don’t work like that either, a pony needs to find what makes them special on their own. They can’t have someone tell them... alright?” I said stern yet gently.

They all sighed but bloom was the one who responded. “Alright...” she said slightly disappointed

“Good...” I said with a proud smile, ruffling the top of her mane a bit. The sad look she had quickly faded and she giggled.

I stood up and looked down to the fillies. “You girls might want to stay out here, all we're going to be doing in there is talking, you’ll probably get bored. but why not stop by in a couple of hours and we should be done, ok?” I suggested to them.

They seemed to like the idea. “Sure thing Jon, see ya later.” bloom said cheerfully running off with her friends, again completely ignoring applejack.

“Bye Bloom.” I said cheerfully as well. I just loved making that little filly smile, or as pinkie would say, It fills my heart with sunshine.
But I don’t think she acutely said that here, it feels different here then I would have expected it to, it doesn’t feel like the show it feels more... natural. Now that I’m actually here in Equestria I honestly don’t believe everything happened the same way as I remember from the show. I know that most the songs that they sung were just in the show and didn’t actually happen here. And all the adventures that they went on probably weren’t the same then the ones I knew, but my point still stands.

I turned to applejack that was grinning and giving me a smug look. “Ya do treat bloom like a little sister.” she said positive of herself.

I didn’t know how to respond, I don’t want to tell applejack that I do consider bloom as my little sister but I don’t want to lie ether, I guess I’m just gonna have to go with it. “Yeah... I do.” I said smiling kind of awkwardly, I don't know why but when it came to stuff like this I was kind of shy showing it.

Applejack chuckled but smiled warmly. “Just don’t forget who her real sibling is.” she said nudging the side of my leg.

“Never.” I said laughing lightly.

We started walking again down the path and soon enough we were at the front door to twilight’s house. Applejack raised her hoof and knocked. Have to say I was a bit nerves, not because I was about to see twilight, it wasn’t that at all. What I just hope is that she doesn’t have a way to get me home immediately.

The door opened to a little purple and green dragon. “Oh hey applejack, hey uhhh...” he stopped mid sentence and looked up at me.

“Jonathan... nice to meet you Spike.” I said cheerfully. He remained silent he just stared at me blankly.

“Howdy spike is twilight home?” Applejack asked, getting strait to the point.

He shock is head and looked to applejack. “Uh... Yeah she’s upstairs, I'll go get her... come in.” He said hesitantly. He stepped back to give us room to enter.

When I stepped in and started looking around. I was amazed on how many books twilight had. I know being a library meant books but personally I’ve never been to one, and a bit of brony excitement flared being able to say that twilight’s was my first.

Spike shut the door behind us and not to long after a voice came from upstairs. “Who was it spike?” the voice called

He walked to the bottom of the stairs. “It’s applejack and uhhh...” he paused and looked over at me. “Twilight you might want to get down here...”

“All be down in a sec, just let me finish up here.” the voice said

I bet twilight would have been down quicker if Spike had said that applejack brought an alien, but oh well. That would have been funny though. An awkward silence fell between the three of us; applejack was standing quietly off to my right. Spike was staring curiously at me from across the room. I could tell he was trying to figure out what I could possibly be, but I don’t mind it.
Without saying anything he he made his way across the room and stood in front and looked up at me, I never realized how small he really was, he just nearly reached my kneecap. He lowered his vision to my hands then he looked down at his own, I’m guessing he was trying to compare the two, so I thought I’d help him out.
I didn’t say anything; I got down to his level and raised my hand in front of him stretching out my fingers, he looked at it and placed his against mine, his scales felt weird and his, or what I would call hands, were very small. They just fit my palm, but he only had four fingers.
He looked at my hand and then to me, I smiled. He did as well and then lowered his hand, I did the same. At least I somewhat broke the ice with him.

The upstairs door opened and we all looked to the purple alicorn that came out and started walking down the stairs. “Sorry about that Applejack I was just finishing up some...” twilight stopped mid sentence half way down the stairs when she saw me.

Why did I always have that effect? To prevent any more awkward silence, applejack spook up. “Howdy Twilight, this here’s Jonathan he’s uh... not from around here.” she said

I thought since she was probably just gonna starr at me, I’d get the easy part out of the way and say hi. “Hello...” I said standing up and raising my hand.

“Uh... hi?” she said walking slowly down the rest of the stairs and towards me. I could tell she was lost. “I don’t mean to be rude but what are you? I haven’t seen any species or anything like you before...” she asked curiosity.

I don’t know why but seeing that confusion and curious look that I get from somepony when asked what I am, I just find it funny for some reason. I chuckled lightly but I tried to hide it. “I’m a human but... But from another universe.” I said

Twilight’s look of curiosity instantly turned to confusion. “Another universe...?” she said

I looked to applejack pointing to my neck, she nodded mowing what I meant. “Show her...” she said

Twilight darted to applejack and back to me, it was like we told a joke and she wasn’t in of it, but this was no joke. “This is what brought me here...” I said

I reached into my shirt and pulled out the element of harmony and let it dangle loosely around my neck. When I revealed the element, Twilight as well as spikes eyes turned into saucers. “How could this be? I thought there was only one set of elements of harmony.” twilight said, trying to make sense of it.

She did make a good point, I thought there was only one as well, but I think this one came from this world and somehow made it to mine. And the reason it looks different is because it’s my world’s version. That’s my best guess, I think there all the same element they just look different. “There are... but for some reason this randomly appeared in my world that has no magic.” I explained

Twilight starred at the element blankly, probably trying to figure out what could have possibly happened, would be my best guess. “Wait... how long have you been in equestria?"

I wasn’t going to lie that I asked to let it wait, but i don’t think she’s going to like the answer though. “About three days ago.” I said

Her eyes went wide again. “Three days!” she turned to applejack. “Applejack, why didn’t you bring him to me sooner?” she asked raising her voice slightly.

“Ah...” applejack was about to speak but I raised my hand and cut her off. “Twilight, don’t get made at applejack... she didn’t know about me tell the second day, besides I’m the one who asked if it could wait. It’s my fault it’s taken this long. But applejack and applebloom have been treating me very well... that counts in my book.” I said. This wasn’t her fault it was mine, and I wasn’t about to let her take the fall.

Twilight sighed and walked to a spot where she could look at both of us so she wouldn’t have to constantly tern. Things were about to get a bit intense. “Look, I know you two meant well but this is serious... Jonathan I’m glad you’re having a good time but you really should have come to see me first...” She said looking at me
Then she turned to applejack “And applejack, when you found out that he has an element of harmony you should have brought him to me immediately, no exceptions.” she said looking to her, and finished

I knew that it was probably a bad idea to not come to her first, but I just wanted to enjoy myself. But she was right, no exceptions, she deserved an apology.

“We’re sorry...” me and applejack said in perfected sink. We looked at each other and laughed lightly. that broke the tension, thankfully.

Twilight sighed again to calm herself down and turned back to her normal self, then spook. “Good... Now Jonathan, can I ask you to explain everything you know from the beginning? Right from where you think it all started; I need to know as much as I can if I’m going to figure this out.” she asked

I was just about to start explaining but then I remembered about the others. “Sure no problem I'll explain everything, but let’s wait first... Rarities on her way over and Rainbow dash went to go get Pinkie pie and Fluttershy.” I said. I was being careful to not make it sound like I was talking back to her.

“That’s acutely a good idea...” Twilight agreed. “Their elements of harmony to so they should now as well.” It was like she read my mind

Applejack finally spoke. “That’s what you said Jonathan, good call.” she said to me. I didn’t reply but I smiled to her.

Twilight seemed impressed that it was my idea to get everyone but that look was gone quickly. “While were waiting, I’m going to see if I can find a book that might talk about other universes. You guys can take a seat somewhere if you’d like.” Twilight said.

Her horn started glowing a faint purple and books started to fly off the shelf’s and started levitating around her, she was concentrating and reading though them vigorously looking for answers. To avoid getting hit by a stray book me and applejack walked over to the stairs and sat down on the third step from the bottom and watched the books fly. I was trying to think if a better way to explain to all of them at once without being taken wrong, and it was proving to be a bit difficult.

Spike made sure that Twilight didn’t need him and then walked over and sat down on the step below us. “So you’re really from another world?” he asked turning to me

I stopped thinking and looked at him and nodded. “Yup..."

“That’s amazing, what’s it like?” he asked with entrust.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed applejack look at me with a slightly concerned look, I guess she realized how much I don’t really like to talk about my world, I respect her for that but it’s not needed. I should be able to talk about it without getting all riled up again, but I’m still going to avoid it for as long as possible. “Uh... I’ll tell you later, let’s wait for everyone else first.” I said dodging the subject.

“Ok...” he said like I had burst his bauble. I think he might have noticed the look I gave him and the way I said to let that wait, but I know he doesn’t know why. But that left him when the door handle started glowing with a light blue mist, then it opened, It was Rarity.

“Hello twilight. How are you on this fine afternoon?” she asked elegantly entering the library.

Twilight didn’t even seem noticed her, I guess she was really into it. She didn’t turn around or even glance back at her. “Uh... hi rarity.” she said as she looked through her books.

Rarity sighed and shook her head and started walking over to us. “I see you two have managed to tell her already.” she said rolling her eyes at twilight.

“Yep... now were just waitin fer dash ta get the others, shouldn’t be much longer.” applejack said.

She did have a point; rainbow dash was the fastest flyer in ponyville if not all of equestria she can fly anywhere in no time at all. Pinkie pie shouldn’t be too hard to find, just go to where there’s sugar. Fluttershy though might be a bit harder, if she’s not at her cottage then there’s no telling where she might be. My best guess would to look for a gathering of animals and she might find her, but I guess will just have to wait and see.

And see we did, the door opened again, it was Rainbow dash. Followed by a bright pink bouncing mare, and a yellow, nervous looking pegasus.

“Hey twi, what’s up.” Rainbow dash said.

Twilight paused and all the books dropped to the ground. She turned around and saw that dash had got the other two. “Oh good you found them, now we can get started." then she saw all the books that she dropped and chuckled lightly at herself. "Just let me put away these books first...” she said as she started levitating books back to their proper place on the shelves.

Have to admit she had a good stack going, all the shelves were stripped of their books and were put all around the room. Minus the ones she dropped. But twilight got frustrated with me and applejack for leaving telling her this long. But now that we’re all here she wants to clean up first... a bit hypocritical if you ask me but I don’t judge.
Me and applejack got up and walked over with Spike and Rarity to meet they others, the second Fluttershy saw me she screeched and cowered to the nearest corner. Pinkie pie on the other hand.

When she saw me she gasped long with excitement. “Who are you? I’ve never seen a pony like you before. Unless you’re a zebra, but I doubt you’re a zebra because you don’t have stripes. Ooh what’s with your hooves what are these things sticking out of them? And Oh my gosh what’s with your mane?, why don’t you have fur?” she said rapidly darting at every difference between me and an actual pony.
I was a bit overwhelmed at first; I was trying to think of everything she said so I could give her a proper answer but to no avail. I was just about to give it a shot when rainbow dash grabbed pinkie by the tail and pulled her back and looked her strait in the face. “He’s not a pony pinkie!”

“Well of course he's not a pony, he looks nothing like us.” pinkie pie replied cheerfully.

Dash just starred at her with a blank and confused expression. When it had settled down a bit, applejack and the rest of them started greeting and talking to one another, mainly about what’s been going on in their lives lately. I just stood there and listened.
I looked ever to fluttershy in her corner; she let out a little peep when I did. I couldn’t help but feel guilty, I know being shy and timid is just part of her, and I don’t judge her for that. But I feel guilty because I’m the one who’s scaring her away from talking and being with her friends. I had to at least tell her that there no need for that.
As the rest of them continued to talk and I drifted off in my thoughts, Twilight had joined the group after finishing re-stocking the shelves.

“It’s so good to see everypony again; we haven’t been in a group like this for a good couple weeks... are you all ready to start?” she asked with a smile.

I heard the rest of them agree as they continued to talk, but I didn’t really acknowledge her, I heard her but it sort of went in one ear and out the other, I thought now would have been the best time. I walked away from the group of ponies and over to fluttershy, I heard the talking slowly dwindle to nothing, I could imagine the looks I was getting but I felt this was necessary.
I walked over to her quietly which was very hard with my old worn thin soled hiking shoes. She started quivering as I got closer to her.

I kneeled down slowly to get to her level and smiled softly. “It’s ok fluttershy... I’m not going to hurt you, Ok?” I said in a calm and genital tone.

“Ok...” she said softly.

I barely heard what she said; she just said it so quietly. But I heard enough to understand; besides I’m not going to pull a twilight and ask her until she says it clear enough. I smiled one last time and stood up. “Shall we get started?” I asked walking back to the others.

Besides applejack who was smiling slightly, they were all giving me a weird look, probably had something to do with me calling fluttershy by her name, but I couldn’t change that now so I’ll have to go with it.

Twilight stopped the look and spoke up. “Uh... yes we’re all set.” she said.

I re-entered the group. “Ok good... all start from the beginning, from where I think it all started and all end it when applejack found me. Sound good?” I asked them.

They all stopped the look as well and nodded and agreed, applejack though wanted to add something. “And In all fairness Jon, it was bloom that found ya, not me.”

I didn’t know that it was bloom that found me, what was she even doing in the barn? “Really...? How?” I asked

“Oh ah left one of my apple baskets inside the barn and I asked her to go and fetch it for me, I guess that’s when she stumble upon ya.” she explained

Though I’m grateful, I have issues with that basket. “You now I tripped over that basket like two times right?” I said laughing lightly. Applejack started herself.

They others remained silent, rainbow dash started to get a little impatient. “Uh hello, can we get started already?” she said.

I don’t blame her for getting impatient or irritated; I’ve kept them waiting long enough and I won’t drag it out any longer, no matter how much I want to. “Right... sorry.” I took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly to calm myself down. “It all started back about...”

I started explaining everything as far as back as the dream to them, like I had with applejack and bloom in the barn. Except this time it was easier. But that’s probably because I had more time to think what I was about to say, and there wasn’t nearly as much tension as there was last time either which also made the whole thing easier.
I had all of their attentions as I spoke, although Applejack didn’t pay as close as attention as the others but she’s already heard the story before. Twilight had asked me a couple of quick questions and had also told Spike to take notes on everything that I was saying.
I didn’t mind, I don’t blame her from wanting to keep track of everything that happened, out of all the things that’s ever happened in both our worlds, this was probably the most bizarre. After a while we all started taking random seats around the room, I was talking for too long to remain standing the whole time.
I sat on the ground where I was standing, Applejack sat to my right, Twilight sat across from her, Rarity sat on a fancy pillow next to Applejack on her right, Pinkie pie said it be fun to sit next to me so she sat on my left. Spike walked over and sat on the ground and lined up agent’s one of the book cases and continued to take notes from there. Rainbow dash lied on her back and hung over the staircase. And what surprised me the most, fluttershy even came out of her corner, not vary far though, she sat back and a bit to the right of twilight. It was nice to see she was somewhat warming up to me.
I did get interrupted a lot by rainbow dash and pinkie, but that was to be expected. Pinkie pie is simply to hyperactive to sit still or quiet for a long amount of time unless it’s absolutely necessary. Rainbow dash is just... impatient.Out of all the ponies, the last one I would have guessed to interrupted me was fluttershy, but she did. She vary politely interrupted me when I mentioned the manticore. She just asked how he was doing.
Honestly I was terrified of him and was trying to get away from him as fast as possible, but I wasn't going to tell her that, I just said that he was doing fine and healthy, she seemed to appreciate that.

After I finished explaining everything, and answering what questions that I could, rainbow dash jumped off the staircase and hovered over us. “So... Let me see if I got this... You’re from another world that doesn’t have magic and after a dream you had for a month the element of harmony randomly appeared in a forest were you go to hangout or whatever, it starts glowing, you touch it, and then it brings you here. is that it?” she asked.

I went through everything she said in my mind and nodded. “Yep, that about sums it up.” I said.

“That’s quite a story Jonathan...” Twilight started. “And it makes some sense that you were transported to Princess Celestia’s and Luna’s old castle in the everfree forest. That’s where we first found the elements so it only makes sense that that’s where you ended up...” She explained. This did make sense.

Now that I had answered their question’s, I thought it’s only fair if I ask some. There’s only really three in mind that I really want answers to, I just hope she can them. “Twilight is it alright if I ask a few questions?” I asked

She nodded. “Sure, be my guest.” she said

“What do you think my dream was all about, and why did it change that one day?” I asked

She levitated the notepad the Spike rout in and started looking though them, rubbing her chin with her hoof as she did so. “My best guess would be that, that was the element of harmony calling out to you, and when it changed that was the only time you and it could connect... but how I don’t know.” she replied

Ok... that one was somewhat answered now for the second. “Then why is it in the shape of an apple? The apple represents applejack’s cutie mark... so why is it like that for me?” I asked

Twilight didn’t even bother looking though her notes. “Oh that’s an easy one. Since the elements of harmony originated in this world, and cutie marks don’t exist in yours, the element had nothing to go off of, so it resorted back to Applejack’s as a default.” she explained.

That does make sense; I’m glad that she’s answering these in ways that I can understand. But I’m not sure how she’ll fair agents the last one; I don’t even really want to ask this it doesn’t really matter now but I need an answer. “Why am I here...? how am I here? I thought the elements of harmony didn’t work without the magic of friendship, so why did it?” I asked lost at the question, and it showed to.

Twilight seemed stumped and disappointed that she couldn’t give a definitive answer. “I don’t know... I’ve never known the elements to act like this before, or even be capable; something like this has never happened in pony history before, unless the elements have somewhat of a subconscious, which would explain a lot of this but... I can’t be a hundred percent certain.” she said

I didn’t reply to her after that, I just stared blankly and started thinking about what she had said. That does make some sense if the elements do have a subconscious, and it would explain why I was the only one that crossed over. Maybe that was the only spot were the elements could warp to and there just wasn’t any other good hearted people in the area to be bearers of an element besides me... or at least ones who’d listened.

After a couple of minutes of silence twilight spook up and she seemed more serious. “Now I have a question for you...” she paused and waited tell she knew she had my attention.

I picked up on her change of tone; I didn’t reply I just looked at her, I think I know what this is leading to. “How do you know what the elements of harmony, equestria and who we all are?” she asked curiosity.

Rainbow dash lowered down and hovered up on Twilights left. “Yeah... when you called fluttershy and pinkie by their name at rarities place, that Reeeeaaally through me off...” she said

That was one question that I could never seem to dodge, but I knew it had to be answered, no matter how much I don’t want to answer it. I looked at applejack, she gave me a light nod, she knew as well as I did, that was obvious. I just have to be careful on what I said and how I said it, I don’t want them to take it the wrong way. But I think I'll explain it a bit differently than at the barn.

I took in a deep breath and said it. “It’s a story... “

“What?” Rainbow dash said as if I were crazy. “Darling, what could you possibly be saying?” Rarity added. Twilight remained silent.

“Equestria is part of a story where I come from...” I said again. It didn’t matter how many times I explain this I don’t think it’s gonna get easier.

“So... you’re saying that none of this is real and are whole life’s are nothing then what a writer made of it...?” Twilight said in a sadden tone. The rest of them started to as well.

“No!” I spoke up quickly in a somewhat stern tone, like with applejack and bloom I don’t want anyone to think that. “Though in my world it’s a story that has no barren on anything here. Though you all are the same characters from the story you are indeed different.
You’re not just some fictional characters dreamt up by some writer, you’re real... you think... you talk and work on you’re on being. You have brains and hearts that all work independently, nothing is controlling that... nothing is controlling you or this world, it is acting a hundred percent on its own.” I finished at that statement

It remained silent for several minutes; I guess my words were settling in into their minds. By the looks of it they all understood to a degree, I’m glad for that. Pinkie pie was the first to break the silence. “So... wait, you know about everything that’s ever happened in equestria?” she asked shockingly, she acutely asked a normal question.

I shook my head. “I only know of certain parts, starting from when twilight first came to ponyville and ending when she became an alicorn... but I don’t think it happened the same here, and there’s also gaps.” I explained

“I wish I had a better number then that.” twilight said

Twilight as well as the rest of them seemed discouraged at that, even applejack, but I don’t blame them. If a random species randomly came to my world and told me that in their world I was part of a story and tried to convince me otherwise I would feel the same way.

I was trying to think of a way I could give them a decent answer, and then I thought of something... the lessons on friendship. “Twilight, I know about the lessons of friendship. How many have been sent to Princess Celestia in total, not just including yours but everyone else’s?” I asked in a rush.

Twilight seemed a bit thrown off at the question, but she did reply. “About, three hundred and sixty four... Why?”

My jaw dropped slightly, I was a bit surprised at that answer. Three hundred and sixty four is way more then I would have ever guessed, that’s enough for almost every day of the year. I guess I was right, things did happen differently here.

“That’s just it... in this world there’s three hundred and sixty four, in my world there’s only sixty one known, and they might not even be the same.”

Twilight and the rest of them seemed relieved and somewhat happy at this fact. “So there is a lot you don’t know.” she said

“Have ta say Jonathan. Ah was gonna ask ya that same thing back at that barn, but ah decided it would of been best ta let it weight tell today. Ah just assumed ya’ll knew everything there was ta know, but it turns out you know next to nothing.” Applejack said laughing lightly from joy. I laughed a little bit myself, she was right I just couldn’t believe that there were that many things I didn’t know about them.

After the laughter died off twilight spoke up. “We should probably contact Princess Celestia... I don’t know why you’re here and how I’m supposed to get you back is completely beyond me. If there’s any pony who might know what to think about all this it’s her.” she stated

I was expecting her to have something on how to get me back, but since she doesn’t I guess we have no choice then to go to the princess. I nodded. “Agreed.” I said

Twilight got up from her set stood up. “Great. Spike!” she called, spike got up of the bookcase and ran over to twilights side. “Write a letter to Princess Celestia, tell her everything that’s happened and ask her if she can meet us here immediately.” she asked him

“Gotcha...” he said

He wrote up a quick letter like it as nothing, when he was done he rolled it up and ran over to a window. In a broth of green fire the letter turned into a mist and flouted away. It was kind of cool seeing that first hand. Twilight sighed peacefully. “Well... now that, that’s out of the way. Jon, what is your world like?” She asked cheerfully

“Uh... Twiligh?” applejack spoke up

She shook her head once sternly, starring directly at twilight. I appreciate and also respect applejack for trying to look out for my feelings, I really do, but it wasn’t necessary. “It’s ok applejack that was before, it happened because I held it in for too long. I’m fine now... thanks though.” I said smiling poorly at her.

She smiled as well and nodded. Twilight and the rest of them were completely oblivious to what me and applejack were going on about, but they would soon know. I stopped smiling and turned to face twilight withal slight hardness. “Besides fancy technology, there isn’t alot of good things to say about my world... but if you want me to continue I will, but brace yourself..."

I was hoping she wouldn’t want to continue but she did, fluttershy though didn’t seem all too thrilled. “Ok...” she said cautiously.

I think she could tell that she asked a question that she now realizes she might not want an answer to, but I continued as she asked, but I did warn her. “My world is a nightmare caused by the people that live within it. This world is ruled be friendship and magic and peace, my world is ruled by hatred greed and war.
There is little good my world, you can barely even go for a walk and say hi to someone without them telling you to F-off, or if there part of a gang they'll beat you up and next to no one will care or help.
I can’t even walk to the store at the end of my street without the constant threat of being robbed or beaten... or worse.
I’ve lived in my neighborhood for my whole life and there’s not a single person I can call friend because everyone’s done up on drugs and alcohol or they just don’t care about anything but them self’s and they treat everyone they talk to like trash...”
They all looked at me with mixed emotions; twilight seemed the most heart broken when I motioned that I had no friends in my town, but I wasn’t done yet.
“The best way I can explain my world to you...” I posed and started to think of something I could compare it to so they could get a better understanding. “You all remember the story hearth's warming eve, how the three clans had conflict with one another?” I asked looking to all of them
They didn’t respond but some of them nodded. “Pitcher that, but one clan, but all that hatred and conflict remained and there wasn’t a storm to show them that what they were doing was destroying their land... what would have become of that...?” I asked. In a bit of a riled tone, but I able to control my anger
My tone got a bit aggressive as I explained; I was trying to hold back my aggression and frustration but some managed to slip out, they picked up on it, but I think they understood why, but I don't think they’ll ever truly know. They all looked away from me and to the floors and walls; I could tell just by the looks on their face’s they were thinking about a world like that and how terrible it would be.

“That would be chaos...” twilight said in a soft and low tone

It wasn’t tell than that I noticed how much I had said, like before it happened so quickly, but at least this time I was staying in controlled of myself.
I nodded to her; and looked to the floor took a deep breath and exhaled slowly to calm down, when I was done I remained looking at the floor, thinking on what I was about to say, I was still a bit angry though and that expression didn’t completely leave my face.
“It’s hard to live in a world like mine... you can’t go with the flow in my world or it will change you for the worst, I’ve known to many people that’s tried going with the flow, saying that they could fight it.
And all that happened is they lost who they were and they turned onto just another evil being that lives within it.
You can never give up on who you are, the vary second you question yourself is the very second that the world will come in and starts to change you. You have to remain strong, even in the toughest of times, but it’s a hard and constant battle not to lose faith in yourself...” I finished in a somewhat calmer tone.

“has that um... ever happened to ah... you…?” fluttershy asked quietly quivering as she did so.

I looked at her, I knew what she was asking, I guess she knows what it’s like to lose yourself, but I really wish she hadn't of asked that, but I’m not gonna tell her no. I sighed deeply. ”Yes... almost...” I paused and looked at all of them, they all seemed shocked. I was ashamed to admit that but I had to tell the story behind it.
“About two, three years back I started giving up on who I was; I thought being myself wasn’t worth the criticizing and the pain or not having any friends, I started thinking and acting like everyone else, like the world around me.
I was terrible... I started swearing, disrespecting my parents and anyone who'd speak, but I didn’t care. I almost turned to drugs when one day I looked into a mirror and saw how bad I became and far I had fallen from who I was. Even though I still hated my world I was no different, it tore me apart on the inside. But at that moment I remembered what I told myself when I was a little kid...
I told myself that no matter what happens in life that I'll always be me, that the last thing my world will ever take from me, is who I am. and that’s capped me going ever since...” I finished smiling slightly myself. I had never told anyone that before, not that I was hiding it but it just never came up. But after I did I felt amazing.

I looked up to everyone else in the room; they were smiling warmly at me, rarity even had watery eyes. “Did I say something wrong...?” I asked laughing lightly; I didn’t know why the laughter I just felt good.

“No darling... you said something simply beautiful.” rarity said wiping away a stray tear.

I didn’t realize on how much of an impacted that had on them, I turned to applejack to see what state she was in, she was smiled warm and proudly at me, like I had really concord something. But I thought it was nothing more than just saying no to the world, but I guess that’s not something someone can easily do.
They all seemed happy and appreciative on how I opened up to them. But it did me good as well.

Twilight took a deep breath to study herself then spoke. “I know this has nothing to do with anything Jonathan, but how old are you...?” she asked

“Sixteen... why?” I asked but I think I already knew.

Twilight shook her head in disbelief smiling slightly. “You have a very mater mind for your age Jonathan... I don’t think I could have ever lived in a world like yours without friend’s to keep me going.” she said

“Thanks... but it came with a price." I said my voice changed back to its normal tone. I didn’t give anyone a chance to ask why I just thought I’d say it anyway. This wasn’t really something deep like before it was just something that had to be done. “I didn’t really get to have a childhood, I had to grow up fast in my neighborhood or it would have changed me.
I had to discipline myself and get a good understanding on what was right and what was wrong in my head while I was still young, if I hadn’t I would have been corrupted long ago...” I explained. I’m not really disappointed at that, it was on my own doing, but I still wish I could have had both but I can’t change that now.
There’s no point getting upset over something you have no control over, I guess that’s one of the reasons I’m so easy going. whenever something goes wrong or something happened I’m always the one who stays calm, because I know if it already happened, then I have no control over it and just let it be and help with the cleanup, so to speak.

A lot of them seemed shocked by that for some reason especially pinkie pie. “Are you saying you’ve never been to a party before?” she asked shockingly

I guess that was another thing that my world took from me. “Besides family and a couple of out of town friends... no not really.” I said shrugging, her jaw dropped when I said that, but I guess it’s just because that’s her thing.
But I tried to turn the subjected back to my world. “I’m not saying there’s no good left in my world, there is. It’s just very hard to come by. But I make the best of it and that keeps me happy. I never like to look at the negatives and always try to stay to the positives, there’s a positive in everything; you just have to find it.” I said cheerfully

They all smiled and some nodded at that. “That’s a good motto, but you really don’t have any friends in your world?” she asked

“I do they just live far away, my two closest friends live the farthest out, but I know if I ever truly need them, distance is just another variable... ” I started thinking back to when I saw bloom with her friends. “It’s kind of funny, when I see the crusaders play together, it reminds a lot of me and them when we were young. I just wish I got to see them more often...” I said

She seemed a glad to hear that I at least had friends, but now it was more on something else. “Well why don’t you just go and visit them?” she asked

I would do that, but my family is just to pore to drive all the way out to see them, when we can use that money to help us survive, I barley even eat at home, and I have responsibilities that I can’t leave. “Believe me I would have, but we don’t have the money to, they just live to far.” I explained

Applejack jumped in. “How far do they live then?” she asked

I didn’t really know how to explain distances properly to them; I’m not good when it comes to stuff like that. So I thought of a comparison. “I don’t really know how to explain... picture Sweetie belle and Scootaloo, they live in ponyville. But Applebloom lives even farther than Manehattan. That’s pretty much it.”

They all seemed a bit shocked at that, I guess they realized just how far I was talking. Twilight stepped back in. “Well you can always send them a letter and keep in touch that way, can’t you?” she said

Though she was right, I would call them first before sending them a letter, I don’t think people even use letters anymore, unless there bills or something. Besides my hand writing is for crap. But I knew I couldn’t say what it was or it just confuse them, and I wouldn’t know how to explain a lot of the technology in my world, I don’t even know how most of it works, I just know how to work and fix it. “I can, but we have a different way to contact other people in my world, but it’s just not the same. I mean their my closest friends, and I only get to see them once every four to six months, if not longer.”

They all seemed to understand, but I could tell they didn’t like it. “I can understand how that c-...” Twilight got cut off by Spike starting to heave. He let out a fiery belch and through the flames a letter materialized. “Oh good it’s the princess.” she said

She grabbed it with her magic and levitated it over to herself and opened it, we all stood up and got closer. “What’s it say Twi?” rainbow dash asked

Twilight cleared her throat and started reading the letter off in the princess’s words. “Greeting my most loyal and faithful subjects. I regret to inform you, but I do not know what happened either.
After reading through the notes that Spike was so kindly to write, I do not believe it was some ‘freak accident’. The way everything happened and how it happened, I agree that the element must have called out to him, which would lead to a subconscious, but like you twilight I cannot be sort in of this...
I also regret to inform you that I will not be coming today. Some other royal duties have come up that need my urgent attention. I will be at the library tomorrow at noon. My deepest apologies for making you all what, but I know you understand.
In the meantime, Twilight. I want you to take some time to look into this matter. See if you can’t eliminate or confirm some theories, then report back to me tomorrow...
I wish you all the best, Princess Celestia...” Twilight finished and lowered the letter and looked at all of us surrounding her.

“So what the heck are we supposed to do now?” Rainbow dash asked

Pinkie pie instantly shot up in excitement. “I know! how about..." She paused mid-sentence and bolted out the front door. We all starred in confusion. “Now where do you suppose she’s going?” Twilight asked

Applejack shook her head. “Beats me... ya never quite know with pinkie pie.” she said

About a minute later there was a growing sound of music, then Pinkie bursted through the front door with a record player on her flank and her party cannon. That explains everything. “A PARTY!!!” she cheered.

She started blasting confetti and streamers around the room. Twilight looked like she was going to interjected but by the time she would of... half her house would of already been covered, so she sat there and endured it with un-amused expression. As we all watched the confetti fly, except for fluttershy who got startled by her cannon and hid behind twilight, I couldn’t help but think.

Was she doing this for me? or was this just the same old Pinkie pie wanting to through a party for her friends, or maybe it’s both... who knows, i'll have to ask her if I get the chance. After she finished covering the room with party decorations she sat the record player on the ground and posed the music. “Well, what do you guys say?” she asked gleefully

We all looked to one another; Rainbow dash was the first to speak up. “If Pinkie pie’s throwing a party then I’m there, I’m in!” she cheered

“Well I could go for a good party right about now. All this seriousness is wreaking havoc on my stress lines. I’m in!” rarity agreed

Well that was two votes, I didn’t quite know what stress lines are but I don’t dare ask. I looked to applejack. “What do ya say applejack, you up for a party.” I asked gleefully

“Are you kiddin? Ah wouldn’t miss one of Pinkie pie’s parties for the world. Ah’m in!” she said cheered

Well that answered my vote, now that just leaves Twilight, fluttershy was still hiding behind her. We all looked at her. Twilight sighed “I was... going to start studying like the princess had asked...” She paused while looking to the ceiling.

As we all waited for an answer I took a second glance at everyone in the room. Pinkie pie was bouncing up and down, beaming eagerly. Rainbow dash had her hooves crossed; rarity had her neck extended waiting for the answer, and me and applejack were both eyeing her down with a smug look.

She eventually caved in. She sighed again. “Fine... I guess a party couldn’t hurt. But can we please not have a late one like we did last time, so I at least get some time to study?” she asked

“Sure. Ooooooh this is going to be soo great!” pinkie pie said shivering with excitement.

We all stopped the looks at her and smiled, have to say I didn’t think she’d go for it. I heard a sound from behind and noticed all of them start looking at the door, so I turned around to see who it was. It was Applebloom Sweetie belle and Scootaloo, standing in the open door way, after pinkie blasted through it.
I guess the saw her run in here with the cannon and got curious, their eyes were instantly filled with joy when they saw all the party decorations. “Is this a party?” Scootaloo asked looking around the room.

“Sure is, come on in. Let’s get this party STARTED!” Pinkie pie cheered like a different as she turned the music back on.

It was a decent party, not to long after she started the music she asked Twilight if she had any party games. There were two in particular, Pin the tail on the pony and twister. Once it was set up and everyone had a good turn, I was a bit hesitant to try pin the tail on the pony. But they all encouraged me so I did. I didn’t do very well, mined you it was set to their height and not mine but it was all in good fun.
Then the twister mat rolled out, we all agreed to let the fillies go first on account on of how eager they were looking to give it a shot. It was kind of funny watching fillies play, trying to reach all the colors as they came. There short legs made things difficult for them but that didn’t stop them from trying.
After they decided they pulled enough muscles, we got on and started taking turns. Have to say I did pretty well, although I do have more mobility then they do, humans are a bit more flexible then ponies. After I won a few matches Rainbow dash wanted to challenge me to a 'one on one' match against her, I accepted.
Though I had mobility on her, she had two extra lims on me, her wings. They helped her reach closer colors and also helped keep herself balanced.
But when Pinkie pie called a color that was on the opposite side of me, and when she tried reaching for it with her front left hoof, her front right hoof slipped and she fell on me, we all started laughing. She didn’t seem very happy that she lost but the feeling was quick to leave her.
I was expecting it to feel a bit awkward playing twister and other games with a bunch on ponies but it wasn’t. They didn’t seem to find it the least bit weird or awkward, so I didn’t either. The feeling never came, which was kind of nice. After the games were done with, Pinkie pie said she was going to go to Sugarcube corner to get some desserts, I offered to go with her to help carry things back.

As we were walking there Pinkie pie managed to strike up a couple quick conversations. “Soooo? What do you think of the party so far?” she asked with a bright smile on her face.

I turned my attention away from all the random ponies starring at me and giving me weird looks to reply, I guess now would be a best as time as any. “It’s great I’m really enjoying myself, but I have to ask you Pinkie... did you throw this party for me?” I asked

“Well, not just for you, for everyone. I love making my friends happy, and your my newest friend. But when I heard you say that you’ve never been to a party before, I felt really bad for you.
So I decided to through this one! Now you can’t say you’ve never been to a decent party, and now I can’t say I’ve never partied with an ALIEN!” she cheered with excitement.

I laughed, I was going to tell her that I wasn’t an alien, but in a way I guess I am. I’m another being from another universe, in theirs. So I guess I could be classified as an alien... kind of funny when you think about it.

It wasn’t long before we arrived at Sugarcube corner, I asked Pinkie if I should stay outside for obvious reasons, but she insisted that I come in, so I did. Mr. and Misses cake were a bit surprised by my appearance, but once they realized that I wasn’t going to hurt anyone they grew comfortable rather quickly.
Pinkie told me to wait in the lobby while she went into that back room to get the desserts, which I didn’t have a problem with.
I noticed two little foals playing of to the side who were starring at me with curiosity and wonder, it brought a smile to my face. I walked over and sat down with them and played with them while I was waiting for Pinkie, with permission from Mr. and Misses cake first of cures, they didn’t seem to mind. But they did keep an eye on me but that was understandable.
They were so cute and harmless, and small. I could fit them in my hand they were so small. They took an interest in my fingers, but what they really seemed to like was the element of harmony around my neck, probably because on how the gemstone shined. But they seemed to like and were comfortable around me and that’s all that mattered.
Pinkie came back with a pill of treats, I said goodbye to Mr. and Misses and thanked them and said goodbye to the twins as well, then I grabbed a load and we started walking back.
When we got back everyone looked excited on how much me and pinkie actually brought back, we sat all the desserts down on a table that twilight had set up and spread them out around the table. Once that was done we all started chowing down.
I have never tasted a cupcake that delicious before in my entire life, and the problem was you couldn’t stop at just one. The fillies ate enough sugar to keep them going for the whole night, I don’t know how Applejack’s gonna manage getting bloom in bed, but if I know her shell find a way.
After all of our stomachs were full we sat down in a group and started talking, the fillies sat off to the side in their own group but that was to be expected. Fluttershy even sat comfortably in the group, though she didn’t say much. But she did get a word in here and there.
They asked a couple more, simpler questions about me and my world, I was happy to answer them. Although I tried to dodge most if the questions that revolved around electronics. I honestly believe that electronics are one of the reasons that my world is so destroyed, though I do like videogames, but there’s just so many people that don’t have very good self-conscience and can’t limit them selves to things like phones and stuff, I’m not judging them, that’s just my opinion.
Twilight talked about a new spell that she was creating, Rarity mentioned a new clothing design she’s working on for Hoity toity, and Rainbow dash went on about a new flight trick that she taught herself. As we were talking I took a second to really observe my surroundings. I was sitting in a group in another world with six colorful mares, laughing, bonding, having a wonderful time. I didn't see them by their species, I saw them for who they were. Even though I knew them before that’s completely different.
Before I just new them from just a show that I watch, now their real, this is real. I know them personally on a personal leave not just through some TV screen... but friends. They’ve really shown me what friendship feels like, not to say I didn’t already know... but it’s nice to have a reminder.
I wish me and my friends back at home could have a party like this to keep in touch with one another, but sadly we just live too far away from one another, but what time we do got spend with each other we make it count, and that’s what matters...

“Hey... hey... Jon.” Rainbow dash said, breaking my train of thought. “Are you just gonna sit there or are you gonna pass me that cupcake?” she asked pointing to a cupcake on the table behind me.

How long I was daydreaming? “Sure thing dash.” I said cheerfully

I reached back and grabbed the cupcake off the table and tossed it to her, she had her hooves out ready to catch it, and then in midflight Pinkie pie shot up and ate it out of thin air.

“DENIED!” I yelled playfully

We all started laughing hysterically; dash didn’t find it so funny. “Pinkie that was mine! That was the last cupcake!” she yelled

Pinkie giggled. “Oops sorry dashie. You snooze you lose.” she said playfully. Dash groaned in frustration, we all continued laughing and the good times lasted throughout night.

It was about nine o’clock when that party ended, everyone had already gone home. The only ones left were me, Bloom, Applejack and Fluttershy.

Fluttershy had asked Applejack if she could walk her back to her cottage, probably due to her being scared of... everything. applejack agreed. We were just getting ready to leave when Twilight stopped and asked. “Jonathan, would you like to spend the night here? I have more than enough room, and I’d love to hear more stories about you’re world and what’s it like.” She offered

I started considering it; I didn’t really have a reason to say no, it might be fun spending a night at Twilights place, but I still wasn’t sure. I looked down at the filly standing on my left, right into her big reddish orange eyes that always made my heart melt, that was all the answer I needed. “Thanks for they offer, but if it’s all the some twilight... I'd like to stay at Sweet Apple Acres. I’ve grown comfortable there, and I’m pretty fond of the apple family.” I said smiling warmly looking back to her

She seemed a bit disappointed but she nodded and smiled. “Oh it's fine, I understand. But can I at least keep the element for the night? I’d like to run a few tests on it, and also compare it to applejacks. Is that alright with you?” she asked

I was a bit reluctant to hand it over to her, it’s been with me ever since I got here, heck it’s what got me here. I felt attached to it, like it was a part of me. Maybe it does have a subconscious, but we can’t find out unless I let her take it. So I decided to give it to her. Besides she looks over the other ones, it’s not like she can’t take good care of it. But I still have to ask. “Promise you’ll take good care of it...” I asked

She placed a hoof on her chest. “You have my word.” she said

That was all I needed, I took off the element carefully and passed it to her. She grabbed it with her magic and levitated it over to Spike. “Spike, Can you take this up stairs carefully, and put it with the others?” she asked him politily

He nodded. “Sure thing.” he grasped the element and walked over and up the staircase. When he got to the top step he opened the door and waved to us. “Goodnight guys, see you to tomorrow.” he said cheerfully with a yawn. We all waved and said are goodbyes back.

We all walked out the door and off of twilight’s porch. “Goodnight everyone, see you all tomorrow. And make sure you’re on time, remember twelve o’clock sharp.” Twilight said standing in the doorway

“Don’t worry twilight will be on time. Night.” Applejack said, we all waved and said goodnight to her as well. She nodded and shut the door.

Applejack stepped in front of us. “Ya’ll sat ta get goin?” she asked

“um ... yes ...” fluttershy said

It was nice to see that Fluttershy was comfortable enough around me to talk in her normal tone and not so quiet that you can barely hear her, but she still was a bit nervous around me, in time I guess. I looked to applejack and nodded. “Yep.”

Applebloom agreed as well but there was something else. “Yeah but uh... one sec.” she said unsuringly; she walked up to me. “Jon? is it ok if ah ride on...”

I cut her off mid sentence with an honest smile, I knew exactly what she was getting at. “Don’t worry Bloom ,I got ya.” I said cheerfully

I scooped her up and sat her on my shoulders; her tail went down my back as she shifted and got herself comfortable. At least this time it’s comfortable for the both of us. “Alrighty I’m set.” she said cheerfully

Applejack chuckled and smiled lovingly to the two of us. “Alrighty then let’s get a move on...” she said. And with that we started walking.

It was a pretty bright night out, the moon was shining brighter than it had the two nights before and there weren’t any clouds to bloke it, but never the less it was still night time.
As we were walking, I walked a bit further back from Applejack and Fluttershy. Mainly I just wanted to give Fluttershy some space, I don’t want to walk up their with them and not a peep come out of her because of me. Even if it is just her, I have to respect that. Which wasn’t that bad, me and Bloom talked about are day’s prior from being together.
Even though Applejack and Fluttershy were walking just ahead of us, it felt like it was just me and her; like I was taking her on a late night walk, which felt nice.
Tomorrow if there’s nothing to be done around the farm, I'll take her out and go for a morning walk. I’d like that, and I know she will to. If I can make her happy just by being with her and spending time with her then that’s what all do. I would do and give anything for Applebloom, as well as Applejack... Anything...