• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 780 Views, 15 Comments

A Dream Met... - Jon bucker



Sometimes saying you’d do anything, means giving everything. How hard would you push yourself to keep a promise, and more importantly get back to the ones you love. This is the story that includes my life; this is the story of me in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 15
 780

Differences don’t matter:

The next morning come around, the sun rose into the sky replacing night with day. As I started waking up I heard voices talking to one another that woke me up. I sat up slightly in the hay and rubbed my eyes Intel they focused. I was shocked on what was in front of me.
Their were two ponies in front of the pen arguing in a hush tone. One with orange fur and a bright yellow mane, and a smaller one with yellow fur and a red mane with a bow. it was Applejack and Applebloom. I didn’t move, I didn’t what to do, there was a sense of fear and anxiety from being caught and a since of excitement from seeing them, but I couldn’t sort it out so I sat there and listened.

“Applebloom we don’t even know what that thing is. If anypony’s going to wake that thing up it’s going to be me!” Applejack stated. She he turned but I was already awake.

I was sitting there in the hay in complete brony excitement and shock, my eyes were wide and my jaw was hanging slightly open, Applejack and Applebloom had the same expression on their faces, but I could tell theirs wasn't out of excitement.
After that feeling had set in, and was able to think a bit, I was a bit shocked on how small Applebloom really was; I knew applejack would probably stand around my side, but applebloom. I didn’t think she would even reach my knee cap.
A silence fell between the three of us, applejack was the first to brake it. “Uh howdy... my name’s Applejack, what’re you doin in my barn...?” she asked cautiously.

I didn’t answer right away; I was still trying to accept that this was really happening. I mean, what would you do? But I knew I couldn't hold out forever so I regained my thoughts and started to speak, but thanks to the way I was sleeping, I had a bit of a raspy morning voice. “Hi... my name is Jonathan, I’m sorry I broke into your born applejack, I needed a place to stay and I didn’t have anywhere else to go. I guess you could say I’m new around here.” I said to her

Applejack smiled with relief, she seemed to let go my of my appearance rather quickly. “Apology accepted, have ta say, ah ain’t seen anythin quite like you round these parts before."

I chuckled lightly as I stood up out of the hay. “Yeah... and you probably never will again.” I said a bit jokingly.

She took it litarly. “What do ya mean?”

I sighed inwardly and looked at applejack with a somewhat serious expression. I knew I couldn’t hide it from her, and honestly I didn’t really want to, so I just said it. “Applejack I’m from another universe..." I said looking down at them.

When I said that applejack looked at me confusingly, she was about to say something but I cut her off cause I wasn’t done yet. “And this...” I reached into my shirt and pulled out the element harmony. “is what brought me here...”

When I revealed the element her eyes went wide, she didn’t respond, I could tell it was doing a number on her like it had to me. “Lot of questions goin through my head right about now... where did you say yer from again?” She asked looking suspicious lost at me.

I smiled at her, I figured shed want answers right away, I don't blame her. Seeing me with the element of honesty must have really messed with her. but there was something I wanted to ask before we really got into the subject. “I’ll explain everything. But first...” I paused and looked down to the filly that was standing quietly in behind Applejack. “Applebloom would it be too much to asked if you could go and get me a drink of water please, so I can speak clearly.” I asked politely.

Applebloom seemed a bit unsure but she looked at applejack who nodded. “Uhh yeah... sure” she said hesitantly. She started walking to the barn door but never stopped staring at me, that is until she almost walked into the door.
Applejack looked even more confused than before, I think it was because I called her by her name, but I couldn't be certain. I stepped out of the pen, I knew we were going to be there for a while so I thought to get us a place to sit, and the barrels were the only thing around so...
I walked over to the empty cider barrels and picked one up and moved it close to where applejack was standing as I did with two more, giving us a place to sit. She didn’t seem to mind.
I sat down on one of the cider barrels, applejack sat on the one next to me, she didn’t say anything she just sat there staring at me with a blank expression.
I on the other hand was trying to figure out how I was going to explain this to them, and it didn’t help that I’m not really good at explaining things. But my time to think didn't last long with Applebloom soon returning. She came back with an old looking wooden tray balanced on her head with three glasses of water on it; I guess she could tell as well that we were going to be here for a while.

She sat the tray down in the center of the three barrels and then she jumped up on the one next to her sister.

I smiled at her. “Thank you.” I said

She nodded lightly. “Yer welcome...” she replied shyly

I bent over and picked up one of the glasses, after my first sip I started clearing my throat to give the water a chance to work its way around.

“Alright ya had a drink, now time for some answers.” applejack said firmly.

I nodded to her, and took one last sip from the glass and placed it back on the tray. “I’ll start from the beginning...”

I told them everything as far as back when the dream started and explained, continued from there. I had their whole attention as I explained and they didn’t interrupt me once. They sat quietly, listing to every word that came out my mouth. It felt a bit weird at first, having someone listen, but in a good way.
When I finished the story applejack started with the questions, there were a lot. I was expecting it to be weird or somewhat awkward talking to them but it wasn’t, it was like talking to an old friend that I hadn’t seen for a while, I grew comfortable really quickly.
I could tell that applejack was the same way, threw every question she asked, and every answer I gave her, she got more and more comfortable around me. The same with applebloom, heck she started asking questions almost as much as applejack. All the glasses of water were gone quickly from our constant talking.

We were just about done, but applejack wanted to go over everything to make sure she had it. “So let me get this straight... yer from another universe were magic don’t exist, and after a dream ya had for about a month, the elements of harmony randomly appeared in some forest were you go to relax?” she paused

“Yup..." I confirmed

“One of them starts a glowin, you touch it, and it takes ya to the castle were Twilight’n the rest of us originally found them in the everfree forest?”

“Uh-huh.”

“You make it out and ya start searchin for a place to spend the night, you find my barn and that’s how we all got here today...” applejack finished

I nodded to her, she differently was listening. “Yep that’s pretty much it.” I said confirming it all.

“That’s some journey if ya ask me... and a mouth full at that.” she said sort of joking.

I nodded again but turned away and looked outside, the sun was slowly creeping its way along the barns dirt floor to where we were sitting, it looked like a nice day out and I couldn’t wait to go out.

I thought we were done but I was wrong. “Now that still leaves one question though...” she said

I looked back to her a bit confused, what did I miss? “Which is?”I asked

“How do you know so much about equestria, the elements of harmony, hack how did ya even know what applebloom’s name was before anypony told you?” applejack asked raising a hoof and pointing to applebloom

“Yeah ah was wonderin about that.” applebloom agreed

I sighed to myself; I was hoping that they wouldn’t ask that question. I didn’t know how to explain it to them, that in my world there a tv show... No I couldn’t use tv when I explain this, that would just raise more questions, and will just make it harder on them. I knew I had to be careful on what I said and how I said it.

Applejack and applebloom were still waiting for a response, and I knew I had to give it to them. “Listen... I don’t know how you two are going to take this. But you’re going to hear about it sooner or later so you might as well hear it from me...” I said in a very regretful tone.

Applejack and applebloom leaned closer. “It’s a story...” I said simply. Short, but not to sure about the sweet.

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “Come again...?”

“Equestria is part of a story where I come from...” I said, I was being extremely careful on what words I used. They remained silent; I was hoping that neither of them would take it the wrong way.

But unfortunately the filly did. “So yer saying that none of this is real and are whole lives is nothin but a lie?” applebloom said in an sadden tone

“No...” I said looking directly to her, I was quick to current her I didn’t want her or anyone to think that. “Though in my world it’s a story, this world is real... None of this is being controlled by some writer. This world and everyone in it is acting of their own... nothing is controlling it.” I said firmly. my words seem to have comfort the filly but I could tell that, that the thought of it was still going through her head.

“So you know about everythin that’s ever happened in equestria?” applejack asked looking at me with a similar expression.

I shook my head. “No... I only know of certain parts, starting when Twilight first came to ponyville and ending when she became an alicorn, but theirs big gaps...”

Applebloom perked her head back up. “But that was a long time ago though.” she said, almost joy that her thoughts weren't real.

“Exactly.” I said pointing to her

“Speaking of twilight...”applejack started, as she got off the barrel and started to walk to the barn door. “Ah should take ya to her house, if there’s anypony who'd know what to think about all this, it’s her.” she said

Though applejack was right, that was kind of what I was afraid of. I stood up off the barrel. “Actually applejack... is it alright if we do that tomorrow? I still kind of want to enjoy equestria before things get to series and I have to go.” I asked her hoping that shed understand and I wouldn’t have to explain it, because I don’t think I’d be able to.

She stopped at the barn door and looked at me with a blank expression, but then smiled and chuckled lightly. “Sure, that’s probably best to. Ah still have lots of cores to do, Apple trees don’t buck’em self’s ya know...”

I smiled and nodded. “Thank you” I said with lifted spirits.

She nodded. “No problem.” she replied. She walked out of the barn. “Feel free to stay around the farm!” she yelled

“I will thanks’ again!” I yelled back

I sighed with relief; I was glad that not only she gave me the day, but had already trusted me enough to give me free rang around the farm. I don’t think she realizes how much that means to me, I’ve always wanted to be on a farm and this was my chance.
I walked up to the barn door and looked out to the world surrounding me, breathing in the wet morning air. If it was a sight to see last night, it was amazing to see in the brood of daylight; I stood there and soaked it all up.
The view of the sun rising over the fields littered with trees and hills, smelling the clean air and sweet smell of apples, and watching applejack get her wagon and pulling it up the sweet apple acres path, I wouldn’t trade that for anything.
All the thoughts on the element of harmony left me, and frankly I didn’t care. I’m here in equestria there will be plenty of time for worrying about that later.

As I was going through my thoughts, I heard applebloom jump of the barrel, she walked up and stood beside me. “So what are you goin ta do now?” she asked curiously looking up to me

I looked down to her. “Honestly... I don’t know I was just gonna wing it.” I replied. Now that I had it, I never considered what I’d do with a full day of free time, and in equestria to boot! I had a hard enough time trying to decide what to do at home when there’s no work to do, let alone equestria.

But the filly already made up for that. “Do ya wanna come play with me then?” she asked excitingly

I was a bit surprised that she wanted to play with me so soon, I would have expected her to want to avoid me, but I guess that's just applebloom; she didn't judge zecora for being different, I’m glad she didn’t with me. A lot of ponies could really learn something from her. So I decided to go along; besides I wasn’t about to disappoint that cute and eager looking face.

I let off a warm grin and nodded. “Sure.” I said cheerfully

She seemed even more excited than before and jumped with her words. “Really!”

“Yeah it’ll be fun.”

Applebloom didn’t hesitate to get things moving. “Well alrighty then, let’s go!” She cheered. She ran out of the barn and started making her way to the main road.

It was nice seeing that I made her happy, but I haven’t had anything to eat. “Wait! What about breakfast!?” I called out to her.

She stopped under the archway and yelled back with a chuckle. “It’s an apple farm just grab an apple. Now come on!” she cheered again

I don’t know why that didn’t occur to me before, but seeing her like that and that happy made me laugh. “Alright I’m coming!”

When I started to run to the entrance, applebloom took off down the path like a bullet and I chased after her. It wasn’t long before we caught up with applejack; applebloom ran past her, I followed suet; I waved back at her and continued to chase the filly.
Following not too far behind her, my attention was drawn to an apple that was hanging from a branch over the path, it was the most delicious looking apple I had ever seen!
I centered my vision on the apple and picked up my pace, running past the filly, and when I got close enough I jumped into the air and picked the apple from the tree and landed without losing speed, I looked at the apple to make sure that I haven't browsed it, then I put it in my pocket and slowed down beside applebloom.

She giggled playfully. “Ready to go?” she asked

I chuckled and gestured with my hand. “Lead the way...”

Running with Bloom was like a dream come true. It wasn’t brony excitement anymore for me, I was truly happy. Back at home, I could only dream of waking up on a farm and seeing the beautiful scenery and going for a run down the countryside with a little sister, not to say that she’s my sister, but I like to treat her as one, despite are obviously differences.
I honestly never knew I wanted a little sister, but being with bloom just feels right. It’s like it’s filled a special spot in my heart that has been empty, and it feels good. No it feels great, I feel so alive.
As we started to lose some energy we slowed down and started walking. She started asking me more questions, but not on what I was or were I came from, but who I was as a person. Did I have any siblings, what was my family like, stuff like that. Although one of the things she did find interesting about me were my hands.
I told her a couple funny stories and adventures that me and my nephews had shared, she seemed to like them. Though they were nothing competed to the one I was on.
She started to tell me a couple stories herself. One of them in which, was when her and Sweetie belle and Scootaloo went into the Everfree forest to search for one of Fluttershy’s missing chickens and how she stared down the cockatrice. But the way she told it, it was a bit different from the episode. But I wasn’t going to tell her that I already knew the story, to a percent and instead just listened; besides it was nice hearing it from her point of view.
I didn’t know where she was taking me but really, I didn’t care. Anywhere in equestria would do me just fine, I just had to wait.

“We're here!” Applebloom cheered, raising a hoof to the landscape. It was a large field littered with flowers and bushes; it wasn’t too far from where I came out of the forest. Their were butterfly and insects roaming about, with a few woodland creatures. It was beautiful

I don’t think that seeing the fields of equestria will ever get old to me. “It’s beautiful...” I said amazement.

She walked away from my side and stood in front of me. “Yeah, this is where me and sweetie belle and scootaloo normally come to play. Not too many ponies come out here so it’s a good spot.” she explained

That raised a question for me. “Speaking of sweetie and scoots where are they? I would have expected you three to be crusading or something.”

“Oh sweetie belle’s shopping in canterlot with rarity, and scootaloo said that she’s working with the rainbow dash fan club. So ah was on my own today.”

I felt a bit that she was left without something to do, but it also made me feel good that I was the reason that she wasn’t alone today. “Then It’s a good thing that I was around.” I said a bit arrogantly, but jokingly. “So... what do you want to do?” I asked

“Hmm...”Applebloom started rubbing her chin with her hoof. “Want to play ball?” she suggested.

I thought that would be a good idea, but there was one problem with that. “Sure but uhh, we don’t have a ball.” I said, kinda speaking the obvious.

She chuckled. “Sure we do.” she walked over to a tree with a hole in the side and reached in and pulled out a colorful ball, and kicked it over to me.

I picked it up the ball with a strange look. why someone would put a ball in there? but then I remembered something and glanced over at applebloom with a slight grin.“Pinkie pie...?” I said simply

“Pinkie pie...” she said

We both laughed and I tossed the ball back over to her and we started kicking it around, we didn’t play anything in particular we just had fun, and playing with her made not only her day better but mine as well.
After an hour or so it started getting pretty hot out; since am a Canadian boy I don't care for the heat to much, bloom didn't seem to like it much either. We both decided that it would be a good idea to find a spot to cool off. I suggested sitting under a tree to get out of the sun, but she said that was to boring for her. Applebloom then said that she had a better idea but wouldn’t tell me, she just ran of saying to fallow her, so I did. I had a feeling that she was trying to surprise me so I didn’t bother asking and went along.

She took me to the pond that I had visited last night. “Ready to go for a swim?” She cheered as she ran and jumped into the air and cannonballing in the water. “Come on in, the waters fine!”

I wanted to but I also didn’t want to, because of my cloths, and there’s no way I was taking them off. But I guess that’s just the consequence for fun with a filly. I did take off my shoes and socks though also my shirt, I would have taken off the element to but I didn’t want to leave it out in the open, so I kept it on.

“Alright here I COME!” I cheered

I ran along the sandy ground and at the edge dove into the pond after her, when I surfaced I was greeted by a splash of water to the face, in which I splashed back. It was on all out splashing war, although it was a bit hard for me to stay floating with my wet jeans weighing me down, but it was the most fun I’ve had in a long time.
Just playing with applebloom and being with her made me feel nice on the inside, though I’ve been through a lot and I wouldn’t want to tell her and risk scaring her about it. Being with her made all my problems seem smaller, because whether she knows about them or not, she cares for me and I care for her. It was really soothing.

When we got out of the water and just before I put my shoes back on applebloom noticed me feet. “You have hands down there too?!” she asked shockingly pointing to my feet

I laughed lightly and shook my head. “No these are called feet. Though they look similar but there not nearly as flexible.” I explained.

I put my shoes back on and we walked out further into the field and picked a spot to lie in the sun to dry off. We laid in the field together side by side, in the bright green and soft grass with the smell of all the wild flowers filling the clean air.
There were so many good feelings going through me that I couldn’t even count. It wasn’t just being in the field and laying in the sun on the soft grass, which was great on its own, but I was doing it with someone I consider a little sister, I couldn’t explain it, it just felt right.

As we were lying side by side in the sun looking up into the sky, pointing out funny or different clouds, I couldn’t help but realize. “The clouds aren’t moving?” I said to myself.

Applebloom overheard me. “Well of course they ain't movin, a cloud only moves when a pegasus moves it... unless there over the everfree forest that is.” she stated

Now that I really thought about it, the everfree isn’t that different from my world, besides that looks and magic playing a roll, everything’s remotely same. “Yeah but in my world the weather controls its self.”

She seemed a bit shocked and sat up and looked back down to me. “Really?” she asked

I nodded. “Yup.” I said simply

She looked at me strongly like I was crazy then lied back down. “That’s weird...”

“Only cause you're not use to it...” I said, chuckling a bit to myself

While we were lying there looking at the sky, I took my arm out from under my head to look at my watch to check the time, but I was reminded that it had fallen off in the forest. I sat up and looked to the filly beside me. “Hey Bloom, do you know what time it is?” I asked her

She sat up and looked to the sun. “Hmm... my guess would be round lunch time.” she said and then her stomach growled. She chuckled lightly at that. "Haha, yeah... lunch time. do ya wanna head back to the farm?” she asked me

I was about to say sure but then I remembered the apple in my pocket. “Oh I still have that apple, want half.” I asked her pulling the apple out of my pocket

“Sure!” she said happily

I dusted the apple off on my shirt; I put my two thumps directly in the center of the bottom of the apple and the rest of my fingers on top; Once I had a good grip, I flexed and shot my arms forward pulling back with my fingers and splitting the apple into two perfect half’s

I looked to bloom who seemed like a kid who just saw a magic trick “Wow! How did you do that?” she asked shockingly

I smiled and paced her a half. “A trick a friend showed me.”

“Can ya teach me?” she asked eagerly

I would have showed her but there was one problem with that. “Uh... bloom?” I smiled at her and fluttered my fingers around.

She chuckled awkwardly. “Oh right I don’t have... what do ya’ll call those thing on the ends of your hands again?” she asked

“Fingers?” I asked playfully

“Yeah those.” she said giggling lightly


We both started laughing and ate our separate half’s, after they were gone we decided to start walking back to sweet apple acres anyway. As we were just leaving, I thought I’d ask applebloom something that would make her day even better. I looked down to her. “Hey bloom, wanna ride on my shoulders?” I asked gleefully

She didn’t waste any time to replay. “Yeah!” she said beaming with joy.

I bent down and picked her up and placed her on my shoulders; I felt her tail run down my back. “That good?” I asked her making sure she was comfortable.

“Perfect...” she replied, after shifting her weight. And with that I started walking back to sweet apple acres with a bit of guidance from the filly on my shoulders.

As we were walking, her tail tickled my back but I restrained from scratching, I didn’t want her to fall off. Also her hooves on my head weren’t the most comfortable thing in the world, but I didn’t mind. For some reason it just felt right having bloom on my shoulders despite it being a bit uncomfortable.
Even though me and her are of total different worlds and races I still consider and like to treat her as my little sister, and I don’t know for sure but I think she feels the same way, and that made me feel good inside.

As we were walking down the road, me and applebloom were talking about everything we had done. “Do ya’ll remember when ya tried to kick the ball and you missed and fell flat on yer back? that was funny!” applebloom said laughing hysterically.

“Funnier from you’re view, I fell on a rock...” I said laughing a bit myself, shaking my head at my own clumsiness.

As I continued down the path with the laughing filly on my shoulders, she calmed down and it was quite for a second and nothing could be heard accept a light breeze blowing through the apple trees. It was quite peaceful.

“Jonathan...” I noticed applebloom’s voice change to a bit more serious tone, so I paid close attention. “Thanks for playing with me today, ah had a lot of fun.”

When I heard her say that I smiled greatly at myself, it made me feel proud and it made my heart feel warm with joy and happiness, I almost felt like crying. "No problem Applebloom, I had fun too. Qnd you can call me Jon if you want...” I said in a loving tone

It stayed quiet again for a couple of minutes, I was soaking up what bloom had said, when she said that I truly felt like a big brother, a feeling that I’ve always wanted to feel, but has always eluded me tell that point.

“What time do you think it is? One, two o’clock...” I asked her

I felt her head turn to the direction of the sun. “Ah’d say round... two or three, yeah.”

“Yer guess is better than mine...” I said. I tuned and started looking amongst the apple trees. “So where do you think Applejack is right now?” I asked her

“He, probably in the south field.” she replied

I thought about it for a second, and decided I’d go and see if she needed any help. Even though I was in equestria, that didn’t mean I couldn’t do work. “I’m gonna go and drop in on her ok.” I told her as I lifted her up of my shoulders

I sat her down on the ground gently in front of me. “Ok all meet ya back at the house then.”

I nodded. “Sounds good.” I said cheerfully smiling to her

“Bye Jon!” she cheered as she ran down the path back to the farm.

I waved to her. “See ya later bloom!” I yelled back

Now I just had to figure out which way was south. I looked up at the sun to find out what direction to go. Once I had a way I started walking off the trail and through the forest of apple trees.