• Published 24th Mar 2014
  • 1,665 Views, 37 Comments

Fade Away II: To Glory - JoeBobWhitney



Cole is once again brought to Equestria. This time, he's bringing a friend along for the ride. It's now double the trouble for Equestria.

  • ...
8
 37
 1,665

Chapter 2 - Act I - Double Trouble









"So, lemme get this straight. We are on a whole another world, filled with ponies?" Delsin questioned.

"Basically." Cole stated.

"How the hell did we even get here?" Delsin asked, scratching his head.

"I'm not really sure." Cole shrugged.

"What do we do now?" Delsin asked.

"We live our lives until we have the ability to head back home. It may take a few days, a few weeks, a few months maybe even a year or more. I'm not really sure but I have some things to do, so just follow me for the time being." Cole claimed.

"Fine." Delsin listened as Cole continued walking through town. As they strolled, Delsin examined the town around him. The village was quaint and definitely felt inherently medieval. Hay thatched roofs covered wooden and stone buildings. A broken up cobblestone path was paved throughout the town, acting as a road. As they walked, many ponies waved happily to Cole. He returned most of them while others, he simply gave them a light nod.

A year? Delsin questioned. He wondered how much that man could done within a year.

"Hey Cole, how did you cope with being here?"

"A lot of effort." Cole chuckled. "And a great motivator."

"What's that?"

"Saving this world from any sort of destruction."

"That's...quite heroic of you."

"Listen Delsin, ‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed but those moments define us. I've failed before and after that, I wanted redemption; and this is how I received it in the form of saving an alien planet inhabited by a race of technicolor ponies with magical abilities. You get what I'm saying?"


"Not a single ounce."

"I knew you wouldn't. Hey, you hungry?"

"Yeah. I'm down with grabbing some grub."

"Alright. Then we gotta turn around and ask Twilight for some money. They don't use dollars here."

"That sucks. What do they use then?"

"Small, gold coins called bits."

"Oh. Weird."





They then turned around and began walking back to Twilight's house. As they walked, Delsin saw something in the distance, not too far away. The object seemed to be golden from what he thought. The object simply shimmered in the sunlight, causing him to shield his eyes temporarily. As they continued walking, they arrived at Twilight's house at last where Cole finally noticed the golden object as well.

How could you not? It was a golden chariot, pulled by two Pegasi clad in roman-esque golden armor, spanning across most of their bodies bodies.

"Looks like the Princesses have arrived then." Cole stated.

"Princesses? Huh." Cole was just about to open the door until it was opened before him. He stepped back, avoiding being hit by the door. The door pulled open, revealing two ponies who were wide-eyed at the sight before them.

One of the ponies was about the height of Cole and Delsin. Her coat was a bright alabaster that seemingly glowed in the day sun. Instead of a hair-like mane, her ethereal mane flowed in the non-existing wind. As her mane flowed, multiple colors roamed across her mane. Pink, blue, purple, green. On both sides of her flank was a gold sun etched onto her fur. Around her neck, on her hooves and atop her head were a form of golden regalia that shined in the sun.

The other pony was nothing like the other. She was shorter, but still taller than the average pony. Her coat was a shade of dark blue, almost midnight. Just like the other, she possessed an ethereal mane but instead of a "rainbow", her mane was the night sky. Small, sparkling stars glimmered in her mane like it was a picture of the sky at dusk. Just like the other pony, she had a mark etched onto both sides of her flank, instead of a sun, it was a crescent moon. Around her neck, on her hooves and atop her head were solid black regalia rather than gold.

"Hey, what's up?" Cole greeted.

"Is that you, Cole?" The white one asked, her mouth agape.

"Yep. I'm surprised Twilight didn't tell you."

"She did, but still. It's quite amazing to see you again. Who is this?"

"That's Delsin. Delsin, Princess Celestia. Princess Celestia, Delsin."

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Delsin."

"Yeah, so... these two are the Princesses?"

"Yep."

"So, they can help us return, right?"

"I'm afraid not. I did not explain how you came to Equestria properly, did I?"

"No, but by that, I assume you know?"

"Yes, I do. Only hours before your arrival, I was searching through lost tomes in the Royal Archives and found a title-less book. After reading through it, I could say without doubt, that it was a powerful and very advanced spell. From what it read, it was a spell that would pull a creature through a portal to the caster's location. I began experimenting, bringing random objects such as fruit, chairs and such. At one point, I pulled something much larger into Equestria. It was much bigger than a chair or an apple, but it was surrounded in a mysterious energy that interfered with the spell, causing whatever the object was to be thrown someplace else."

"Let me guess, that object was me and where I was thrown was not too far away from Ponyville, right?" Cole asked, crossing his arms.

"Yes, I'm afraid so."

"Well, now it makes sense. You see back on my world, I found a Blast Core. A large piece of rock that powered the device that gave me my powers. Absorbing these Cores would give me more power. Normally they're purple, but the one I found was black and red so it made me curious. Possibly the energy surrounding me as I absorbed it messed up the spell, then."

"It seems that way, Cole."

"But do you know what I don't get?"

"What is that?" Luna finally spoke up.

"How in the world did Zeke end up there? He wasn't...alive at the time, so how could he of been there?"

"I'm not sure exactly, but I shall look into it. In the meantime, I think you two should get ready in case anything happens. Cole, your old house is still empty and ready for you."

"Thanks, Princess."

"Don't mention it, Cole. If you'll excuse us, we must return to Canterlot. We already spent far too much time here already, I'm afraid. Come, Luna." They nodded to the two Conduits as they stepped back onto the golden chariot. As they did, the Pegasi began to flap their wings and take off. As they ascended, they heard one last thing spoken from Princess Luna, of all ponies.

"Good luck!"










"Huh, she seemed nice." Delsin commented.

"Yeah. She is. Hey, let's go - I got a house to get to."

"Right."















"Nice crib." Delsin stated as they approached the baby blue building. The paint was still in good condition and it only felt like he was gone a day. Walking up the front steps to the porch, Cole opened the door and found the lock to be on a shelf next the door once they entered.

As they stepped inside, the smell of clean entered their nostrils. The house was just recently furnished and cleaned as if the ponies knew he'd return one day. Cole learned the walls were just repainted not too long ago as the newly added coat of soft blue paint was still slightly wet. Delsin walked upstairs and noticed the rest of the building was still very clean and unused.

"Man, they really missed you."

"They're like that. It's not like Earth, Del. They value the little things closely."

"I know and it's freaking me out." Cole chuckled at that.

"You'll get used to it."

"No, I won't." That emitted another chuckle from MacGrath.





"So, what now?"

"I'm...not really sure."

Author's Note:

I return at last - bringing you another chapter of Fade Away 2 which I assume most of you have thought was cancelled. LIES. ALL OF IT! It's mostly because of wanting to do other things in my life. Work, Skyrim, Family, Ouran High School Host Club - which I recommend. It's absolutely hilarious and it's filled with media references. I also run a Pastebin where I do a greentext-based Anonymous In Equestria story. If you wanna check it out, it's here.

But you don't have to, if...you don't want to...