• Published 24th Mar 2014
  • 1,663 Views, 37 Comments

Fade Away II: To Glory - JoeBobWhitney



Cole is once again brought to Equestria. This time, he's bringing a friend along for the ride. It's now double the trouble for Equestria.

  • ...
8
 37
 1,663

Chapter 1 - Act I - Prologue

Each quick and light footstep of the Conduit currently running on top of a tall health insurance building was drowned out by the raging storm above him. Each step splashed Cole with the water that has already drenched him, leaving him quite cold. He hopped from the building onto a taller one, jumping off after finding the quick end to it.


He jumped right into the street, crossing onto the sidewalk and into the alley between two buildings. As he ran through it, he found the end of it, highlighted by a tall chain-link fence blocking him. He quickly climbed over it and continued forward, rushing straight into traffic as he ran into street.


"Sorry!" He yelled in response as he slid over the hood of a car, jumping onto the roof of a gas-station. He finally stopped and simply walked forward and stared at the street. Within moments, two black sport cars blazed down the street, nearly crashing into other drivers. As one passed by, he hopped onto the roof of it and sat there.

He quickly unsheathed his Amp, surging with electricity and slammed it into the roof of the vehicle, sending icy blue lightning throughout the car, overloading the car battery. Quickly realizing this, the two inside the vehicle jumped out as it drove straight off the sidewalk and into the ocean exploding, as it did. As they recovered, they stared up and saw a man standing there.


He wore a simple black and yellow T-shirt paired with black cargo pants with a white Union Jack design on the side, spanning his right leg. A long metal, pronged device surging with icy blue lightning was held in his hands. This was Cole MacGrath, otherwise known as the Patron Saint of New Marais.


They began questioning this person until it hit them like a freight train. They were scared senseless. They screamed in terror and tried to get up, but slipped on the wet ground. All he did was stop them by smacking them in the head with the Amp, rendering them knocked out cold.


"Really guys? I'm not that scary, am I?" He chuckled. "Remember guys, while I'm around -- crime ISN'T gonna happen." He chuckled before pausing. "Wait, am I forgetting something?" He tapped his chin a few times before he realized. "Oh shit, the other car!" And he was off, leaving the unconscious bodies of the criminals on the sidewalk.







The next day was beautiful as ever as white, Columbus clouds dotted the afternoon blue sky. Raised high in the sky was the large and bright sun, bathing the earth in it's wonderful heat. A brisk breeze blew through the town of New Marais as the city bustled with activity. Structures were being built as the many trees rustled in the wind. This was Earth in summer, gorgeous.



Our camera now focuses on our main protagonist, Cole MacGrath. MacGrath was a "Conduit". A selection of people who were born with the Conduit gene. This gene would remain dormant for many people but could be activated by many ways. Touching another awakened Conduit or having it activated by a device like Cole had his. People who had the gene once awakened gained "powers" of superhuman levels. Telepathy, flight, strength and speed or even control the elements like MacGrath. Gifted with Lightning, he was a living battery.




Cole groaned as he awoke from his slumber. The rays of light from the sun beamed through the blinds of his bedroom window. He tried his best to try to go back to sleep, but the bright star wasn't about to let that happen. He sighed annoyed but rolled over the edge of his bed and sat up. He pulled the sheet from his body and grabbed a pair of clothing before he took a shower.


He took a good, hot soak after last night's cold and harsh weather. This was his own fault of course. The police could've stopped those criminals but MacGrath was quite the heroic vigilante after his not-so-nice past. He walked out of the shower after doing the usual morning bathroom duties and headed downstairs, wearing a white and gray T-shirt with dark blue pants with the usual Union Jack symbol spanning the right leg.


He fixed himself some breakfast in the form of cereal and headed out. Today had Cole cut out for him. He was going to be all around town due to some things that needed to be done as well as his best friend, Zeke wanted to hang out.






"Cole! There you are, brother!" Zeke greeted Cole as he walked into the cafe. The smell of coffee, snack cakes and such met his nose as he entered. He quickly located the sound of Zeke's voice and sat down with him, not ordering anything.

"Hey Zeke. So, what do you want? - Not to sound like a dick." Cole asked.

"So, Kuo has given me and you a golden opportunity to get out of New Marais. She told me she had a mission in Washington." Zeke exclaimed.

"You serious?"

"Hell yeah. She told me she was allowed to bring two guests she trusts dearly. I'm sure that'll be me and you, right?"

"Are you kidding? So, when she is heading over there?"

"Tomorrow. She's supposed to come pick us up and bring us." Zeke stated.

"Alright. I'll be ready then."






















The next day, Cole and Zeke both packed up for the journey ahead of them. Kuo picked them both up that day and set out towards Washington. It took about two days to get over there to Washington. SHe explained to them that they would be staying in Seattle while she heads over to Lincoln where her mission actually was.


The two were given a check to spend while they were in Seattle. Seven hundred thousand. This was enough to buy a house, buy a car and make a living with the remaining money. After a small but searching, they found a large, nice house to live in while they were in Seattle. They bought the house and settled in quickly.

Author's Note:

The sequel has been remade after I found myself unable to continue the original style. After a little bit of work, much needed stress-alcohol, the remake was created.

EDIT: The first chapter has been edited. I wasn't all to happy with the first attempt. It went by way too fast. The good stuff will happen in the second and third chapters.