• Published 24th Feb 2014
  • 312 Views, 0 Comments

The PonyVille Chronicles - Platen Rhyme



The Mane 6 are at it again. Ponyville is full of adventure and the Mane 6 have found it. from Angel gone missing to Rarity losing her temper. Accompanied by a close friend, each group goes on a different adventure.

  • ...
 0
 312

Flying Lessons (Chapter 2)

“Go Rainbow Dash!!!”

Pinkie cheered on her her pegasus friend with such magnitude it shook Rainbow Dash off flight balance. She spiraled out of control and crash landed into two unexpected ponies. She was so scared that the crash would label her as, once again, Rainbow Crash, she soared into the sky before they could notice. Pinkie shouted,

“That was an amazing crash Rainbow Dash!”

Rainbow Dash sighed.

“I’ll never be ready for Ponyville’s pegasus competition.”

Pinkie gasped until her lungs were like balloons.

“What?!!? You’re Rainbow Dash! The greatest flyer in all of Equestria and you dont think you can do it?!!?”

Pinkie took deep breathes as Rainbow Dash stared at her, not knowing how to react.

“Of course I know i’m the greatest of all time, but i’m just not feeling it Pinkie.”

Rainbow Dashed told her. Rainbow Dash shot up into the sky and dive bombed the gound attempting her legendary sonic rainboom. She stretched the space around her but she couldn’t brek through. She was thrown back onto the grass. She shook her head and opened her eyes only to see Pinkie above her. Pinkie looked down into Rainbow Dashes eyes.

“Wow, I guess you really aren't ready."

Rainbow Dash facehoofed and sighed.

“Thanks Pinkie.”

Pinkie bounced around her friend and started humming loudly. Rainbow Dash pulled herself up.

“Maybe we should continue later Pinkie.”

Pinkie replied quite happily.

“Okie okie Lokie!”

Rainbow Dash wiped the dirt off herself. She was nowhere near ready and the competition was tomorrow, she needed to train harder. Pinkie stopped in mid bounce, hovering above the ground.

“I know how you can get ready in time!”

Rainbow Dash looked at her friend.

“And what would that be Pinkie?”

Pinkie squinted her eyes.

“A montage.”

80’s music started playing, Rainbow dash took off from the strt line and U-turned around a tree zipping past the finish as Pinkie clicked her stop watch. She shook her head at Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash started doing push ups with Pinkie on her back. Rainbow Dash started punching the bags of dough hanging in the back of Sugar Cube Corner. She then did other stuff that happens in 80’s training montages, ending with her zooming past the finish line and Pinkie Nodding happily at her time.

“You’re ready.”

Later that night, Rainbow Dash was laying in her bed enjoying one of her favorite Daring Do books for the tenth time. She closed the book after finishing the last page and sighed
.
“You got this Rainbow Dash, you can do this, believe in yourself!”

She set the book on her giant stack of Daring Do books and switched off her light, rest was a must if she was going to compete in the morning. Eight hours flew by, Rainbow Dash awoke to the sound of a rooster down on Sweet Apple Acres. She rolled out of bed full of energy, today was the day to prove herself worthy to Ponyville, and most of all, impress the judges who were the one and only, Wonderbolts. She got her hair ready and flew down to the competition grounds where Pinkie was waiting.

“Good! You made it!”

Pinkie shouted as she saw Rainbow Dash walking towards her.

“I wouldn’t miss this for the world.”

As she ended her sentence, the rest of her friends came walking up with big smiles. After a few good lucks and hugs, it was time. Rainbow Dash flew through hoops and pulled sone corkscrews, but it was a dead tie between her and a newcomer to this years competition. It was sudden death, Rainbow Dash and her competitor lined up at the starting gate, the race was a simple race to the tree and back, she had it in the bag. The gun shot echoed, the two bolted off the line. They raced neck and neck all the way to the tree, but Her competitor was slowly taking the lead on the way back. Rainbow Dash put all her might into speed and started catching up.

“Its a close neck and neck race!”

The announcer cried out. Rainbow Dash pushed one last time and to everyone surprise, she stretched the space around her and tore through. It exploded into a wave of colors and brightness, throwing her competitor off balance and awed the crowd. She soared past the Finish line as the crowd cheered as loud as they could. Rainbow Dash stopped with a huge smile as the crowd picked her up and brought her to the podium. as she stood with pride and a gold medal around her neck, the Wonderbolts approached her.

“I’ve flown a lot of years but that was the greatest flying i’ve seen. You can fly with us any day.”

Rainbow Dash smiled and looked over to her friends who were all cheering her on along with the crowd. Not a single mug of apple cider could make her any happier.