• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 911 Views, 18 Comments

Letters to Ponyville - StapleCactus



A war has come to Equestria, one that instituted a draft long thought abolished. Now, what few citizens of Ponyville remain can only wait for news in the form of letters, letters from their loved ones. Because no news is worse than you might think.

  • ...
0
 18
 911

Ditzy Doo

Dear Dinky,

Hello, my little muffin, it’s Mommy. I came home today! But, I can’t stay.

You see, with the big, bad war, Mommy has to spend a lot of time working. Every day, I fly all the way to the edge of the battlefields, and then back to our headquarters. Today, I had to bring a bunch of letters back to Ponyville. I have to leave soon. The front is moving and that means that a lot of ponies will be fighting again. Before every battle, a lot of them write to their special someponies. That makes for a lot of work for ponies like me.

I wish I could talk to you and hug you, sleep by your side and play with your mane like we used to, but I’m dirty and tired. Soon, I’ll have to leave again, and I don’t want you to see me like this. You’re sleeping as I write this. I can hear your little snores and am watching as you hug your favourite dolls. I don’t ever want you to change.

That’s why Mommy is working so hard, you see? Because if I do my work and I deliver all these letters, then maybe the war will end sooner? Maybe all these ponies won’t be as sad if they get to hear about those they love so much. But that means that I don’t see my little muffin as much. Please, please don’t be sad. I just want to make an Equestria where you can be happy.

There are things happening at the borders that nopony should ever see, especially not you, my muffin. Ponies die every day, and as I collect their letters in the hospitals and aid stations, all I hear are the pleas to see those they love one last time. Every time a pony cried out for their Mommy, I think of you, and that breaks me a little inside.

I’m sorry that I can’t be there, my love, but I really, really want to. Please don’t hate me.

Love,
Mommy.

Author's Note:

RavensDagger

I'm sure many of you know who this man is, so I don't think I have to tell you to go check him out. Nah, I still will. Check out his works; they're quite good!