• Published 23rd Mar 2014
  • 2,967 Views, 52 Comments

Journal of a Conquering Sorcerer - Dragonlover553



Just another costumed human turns Equestria conquering wizard via the Alicorn amulet story. But htis one will be the worst of all. It's mine, after all.

  • ...
25
 52
 2,967

Chapter 3

Day 4, continued:
She fell to the ground, bleeding. She stayed down for a moment, but quickly got back up. She tried again.
"Get away from my friend!" She wailed. I slapped her again. She fell back down, But I wasn't done with her yet. I calmly walked over to her, and kicked her in the chest. Hard. Her ribs broke with a satisfying cracking noise. At least I think it was her ribs. I'm pretty sure, but I'm not an expert. I can't tell the difference between bones just by hearing the sound of them breaking. Doesn't seem like a useful power to have anyway. But I digress. She tried to use mind magic on me. Like most sane individuals, I agree with the Dresden Files's White Council: people who use that kind of magic are to be executed on the spot. I was being merciful just leaving her alive. Anyway, I had just kicked the yellow one....

Jake's POV
I grabbed the blue one's leg from around my back, and threw her off, straight into another building.
"Bitch." I said coolly. "Didn't your mama ever tell you not to mess with magicians?" I asked. "And not to attack strangers?" The blue mare flapped her wings, and with a single stoke, was up in the air. She dive-bombed me, screaming. "Ventarus!" I invoked. And just like that, a hurricane level wind came out of nowhere, bashing her into a building, breaking the wall. I telekinetically lifted her again. "Well?" She spit some blood at me, missing.
"Go to Tartarus, monster." she growled.
"Are you a Greek?" I asked, somewhat confused by why the technicolor, clown-haired, freaking talking pegasus on another WORLD, who had attacked ME, was telling me to go to Greek Hell.

At that very moment, there was a flash of white light, and another pony appeared.

Twilight's POV
I teleported into the town square, where I found some sort of mutant minotaur in clothing, telekinetically lifting a bleeding Rainbow Dash with it's outstretched paw,(without an aura around it or her, strangely) and a bleeding Fluttershy not far away. In an instant, I flamed out. "HOW DARE YOU HURT MY FRIENDS!" The creature calmly turned around.
"Hello!" it said cheerfully in a masculine voice. "Simple, I'm not a wuss."
Jake's POV
This pony was different than any I had seen. For one thing, she possessed both wings, AND a short, dull-looking horn coming out of her forehead. For another, she was on fire. Awesome, I want flaming hair! "If you're referring to these murderous ass hats as your so-called 'friends', then yes." She shot a crimson blast of light at me from her horn. I held out my hand, and the blast was absorbed. "Your childish tricks are useless against me." I quoted. "Ástríce!" A beam of golden magic shot from my palm. Mere seconds before it hit her, she threw herself to the left, escaping with only a singed tail.
"How did you do that?!" demanded the pony, who was suddenly purple with dark purple hair.
"Duh, magic."
"Impossible! You're not a unicorn, you don't even have a horn!"
"Why would I need one of those?" A strange look dawned upon the pony's face, just for a moment, then she shook it off.
"Nevermind! Whoever, and whatever, you are, I won't let you hurt my friends!" She shot another blast of light at me, a light purple one. Yet again, I merely held up my hand, and stopped it.
Damn. I though. This girl's got power, but no clue how to use it. She has the killer instinct of a tree, no, more like a leaf. "You know," I said, "This doesn't have to end bloody. I'm sure we can talk this out, like proper magicians." The pony shot me a glare.
"Then surrender, and we'll solve this legally."
"Oh Hell no. You lot attacked ME, unless you missed that part." Suddenly, the mare's eyes were diverted.
"You're wearing the Alicorn Amulet!"
"This little thing?" I asked, gesturing to the amulet, receiving a nod. "What's it to you?"
"Please, take it off, its dark magic will corrupt you!" I snorted.
"And give up my best defense? Fuck no." The mare flinched at my language. "I paid the price, it belongs to ME!" I shouted the last word. "And I refuse to blow and scrape no matter who you are!" I roared. In a swift motion, I pulled out my blasting rod, pointing it directly at her. "A'max!" A torrent of black flames shot from the rod like water from a fire hose. The girl threw up a shield. I kept it up. The shield cracked. And cracked. And shattered. I stopped burning.
"What are you?" she asked with a combination of awe and shock and fear.
"A sorcerer." I replied nonchalantly. "You?"
"An alicorn." She replied.
"I'm going to pretend I know, or care, what that is."
"You don't know?!" She asked with an expression filled with some unholy mixture of shock and outrage.
"Nope."
"How could you NOT?! Celestia and Luna threw down Discord, Cadence destroyed one of the greatest dark magic users in history, I created NEW MAGIC!" She SHOUTED.
"No bells rung. And new magic? Seriously? From what I heard, the others became heroes, you spent your time try to imitate infants. Not exactly impressive."

I didn't know how I knew, probably the amulet again, but I knew that each human being's inner magic pool was filled with their own unique type of magic that matures and changes based on them, their lives, their emotion, their choices. Even as a fetus our magic is unique. Sure, it could all be used in just about the same way, but that doesn't make granite and obsidian the same.

Author's Note:

What do you guys think so far? As for the haters,